Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 27, 2019 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh I think Mei looks nice in those yellow clothes. She almost looks like a princess when dancing.

It's interesting that she managed to regain her memories after all this time. Fitting for a series' finale if you ask me.
Mar 27, 2019 9:04 AM

Nov 2007
Ah, antique shop. Because she shot herself, she learned to contact with others in Meiji period. She feels like she is ready to go back to present time and face that girl who invited her in first ep.

The dress is ready. She wants to wear early because the day of banquet is also that time. NamiDai's character seems to sense from her expression.

That same IN song with "lu lu" and "la la" when she goes around the street.

Many people including those guys are in the party.

The girl appeared with her uniform, instead of the dress.

Tachinbana-san's character danced first, then Hosoya-san's character, Toriumi-san's character, Nobu's character, FukuJun's character, while expressing thank you. KENN's character also expressed his feeling and told her to go to the park where they first met.

NamiDai's character lets her go. They kissed. Wow, Morikawa-san's character is sad to see her go. Magic is finale? And that charm with fox breaking... (does that mean he is the soul of the fox charm?)

She changed the past and decided to talk to them.

NamiDai's character trusts that he can meet her again. All guys gathered to cheer him up.

ED 1 (regular duet ver.) to finish up.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 27, 2019 10:49 AM
Jun 2015
If there is a second season of Meiji Tokyo Renka, I agree with Mori because I’m sure he will see her again! Someday, without fail!
Mar 27, 2019 12:56 PM

Nov 2018
I really cried at that kiss, subarashii
Mar 27, 2019 12:58 PM
Mar 2017
This was so sad! Somehow, I knew we would see her go. Ever since the first episode I have been debating the possible outcomes. Will she stay with him? Well, she would be leaving her family and entire life behind, not to mention likley changing the future by becoming his wife. It seemed her leaving was the only possible ending. The scene a few episodes ago where she decides she wants to stay had me suspicious. Too... happy. Too cheerful and sudden. Knew it was too good to be true.
Hopefully they do see her again. She will fix her present and then make her way back to the past where she can continue living there. I am curious about Charlie's characters however. Is he one of the spirits that she used to talk to? Is he gone now? Wonder if they will ever make another season.
MLY137Oct 2, 2019 3:39 AM
Mar 27, 2019 1:25 PM
Sep 2014
Such a waste of time. I wanted her to stay with Ougai. Poor guy got his second heartbrake. They did see her again in the future, but as ghosts since their souls kinda stayed in their art (ougai's books/shunsou's paiting), but that's not enough for me. I didn't expect much from an otome and even less from this one since it had a very childish feel to it, but boy that ending was disappointing.
Mar 27, 2019 2:19 PM

Feb 2019
MayInu said:
Such a waste of time. I wanted her to stay with Ougai. Poor guy got his second heartbrake. They did see her again in the future, but as ghosts since their souls kinda stayed in their art (ougai's books/shunsou's paiting), but that's not enough for me. I didn't expect much from an otome and even less from this one since it had a very childish feel to it, but boy that ending was disappointing.

The problem with the ending is they gave no compelling reason for her to return to her time. Making friends with those girls, was that more important than staying with Ougai? Maybe if they at least gave some hints of family she would miss if she stayed in the past it would have made sense why she returned.
Mar 27, 2019 3:25 PM
Nov 2016
I guess this is what happens when you create characters inspired by real ppl. If you see it from that point of view, it was obvious she would go back. Still sucks. If the otome game (as i understand this anime comes from) had the same kind of ending, then it must have rlly sucked. If you're making an otome game then you obviously expect to end up with one of the guys. And if they chose Ougai's route for this anime, why the f*ck make her go back to her time for some chicks that talked behind her back? give me a break. ><'' The anime was enjoyable, but the last episode definitely ruined it for me.
Mar 27, 2019 4:11 PM

Apr 2015
this is so sad, in the first stage the final is more open, i'll take the stage final :'(
Mar 27, 2019 4:34 PM
Jun 2015
YukiZero370 said:
this is so sad, in the first stage the final is more open, i'll take the stage final :'(
I rather watch of couple of movies of Meiji Tokyo Renka while watching Kyoka and Mei-chan together
SakurashoujoMar 27, 2019 5:51 PM
Mar 27, 2019 7:36 PM

Oct 2015
Loved that Mei changed and grew from the show. Didn't expect those guys to be antiques in the Meiji era, that was surprising. Charlie contributed a lot to her transformation. I also liked the dancing ending with the guys and the beautiful kiss she gave Ougai, truly amazing. I guess we all knew the ending was going to be about her and not romance. I also got a bit emotional when she mentioned her past and how much isolation she endured.

Overall it was a good show with decent characters, the plot was good and flowy. The animation was standard, the only problem was that she meddled so much in those guys affairs and annoyed me sometimes. She often neglected some things and do the next, like when she looked for the black cat with Syunso or just doesn't pay attention to her man.

7/10.

How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 27, 2019 10:18 PM

Dec 2018
ReikaChan19 said:
I guess this is what happens when you create characters inspired by real ppl. If you see it from that point of view, it was obvious she would go back. Still sucks. If the otome game (as i understand this anime comes from) had the same kind of ending, then it must have rlly sucked. If you're making an otome game then you obviously expect to end up with one of the guys. And if they chose Ougai's route for this anime, why the f*ck make her go back to her time for some chicks that talked behind her back? give me a break. ><'' The anime was enjoyable, but the last episode definitely ruined it for me.

You have missed the whole point of the show. Yes this is a romance but more importantly this is a story about a persons growth/transformation from being a outcast(separating her world(which are the ghosts) from everyone else's worlds) to become a more vibrant open person(opening her hidden self, which is her true self, to others and coming into contact with other people's worlds. Which is what happened in the entire show with all the other characters)

She didn't go back to her time because she cared more about the girls than Ougai-san, she went because that is the right thing to do, she needs to right all her wrongs, she needs to become her true self in her true time period which is the future. At the beginning of the show her future self was the "antagonist" of the entire show, she just defeated it.
Mar 27, 2019 10:22 PM

Apr 2015
Sakurashoujo said:
YukiZero370 said:
I rather watch of couple of movies of Meiji Tokyo Renka while watching Kyoka and Mei-chan together

I investigated a little, and practically this is the "bad" ending lol, i installed the app in my cell phone, hope for a good ending :')
Mar 27, 2019 10:36 PM

Nov 2018
Shotttooo00_0000 said:
ReikaChan19 said:

You have missed the whole point of the show. Yes this is a romance but more importantly this is a story about a persons growth/transformation from being a outcast(separating her world(which are the ghosts) from everyone else's worlds) to become a more vibrant open person(opening her hidden self, which is her true self, to others and coming into contact with other people's worlds. Which is what happened in the entire show with all the other characters)

She didn't go back to her time because she cared more about the girls than Ougai-san, she went because that is the right thing to do, she needs to right all her wrongs, she needs to become her true self in her true time period which is the future. At the beginning of the show her future self was the "antagonist" of the entire show, she just defeated it.

Thank god somebody gets it, i think this ending was even better than her staying in the past, and it had a better inpact on me
Mar 27, 2019 10:46 PM

Jul 2013
Now I prefer how the movie ended instead... this is kinda disappointing... poor Ougai-san...
Mar 27, 2019 11:23 PM

May 2010

Yes. I prefer this ending.
Mar 28, 2019 2:19 AM

Jun 2015
Enjoyable and I can understand why she went back to her time, still wasn’t the best to watch this season
Mar 28, 2019 8:20 AM

Dec 2016
I had a feeling the last episode would end this way. I felt bad for Oogai-san... his heart is broken again </3 Even so, I like this anime 7/10.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Mar 28, 2019 4:35 PM

Mar 2012
Well, a little sad end, but it probably had to be like that. Anime is not thrilling but enjoyable. OST and ED deserve a big plus for me.
Of course, the song about electricity is also memorable.

Score: 6/10
Mar 28, 2019 6:37 PM

Oct 2012
I didn't hate the show or anything - it was quite enjoyable - but at the same time it just wasn't really that great. The change we saw from Mei just didn't really seem earned. She gained confidence because EVERY guy she met in the Meiji period fawned over her.
Mar 29, 2019 2:00 AM
Jun 2007
Could someone please tell me the soundtrack playing when Mei took a stroll in the episode?
Mar 29, 2019 2:38 AM

Oct 2008
That was a nice farewell kiss by Mei to Ougai!
in the end she needs to go back to her time line! at least she has a more wonderful expression and impressive smile than ever!
at least all dude were able to have a "last dance" with Mei.
5/5.
7/10.

Mar 29, 2019 5:36 AM
Feb 2017
Sakurashoujo said:
If there is a second season of Meiji Tokyo Renka, I agree with Mori because I’m sure he will see her again! Someday, without fail!

I got the feeling that he didn't mean the normal meeting... He (and some others) probably guessed that she is from the future, so I thing he probably meant "we will see her again when we become ghosts ourselves..." She is a tamayori remember? And he said it with that sad, knowing smile that means that it will not be as happy as he makes it seem...
Mar 29, 2019 6:01 AM
Feb 2017
modboy said:
I didn't hate the show or anything - it was quite enjoyable - but at the same time it just wasn't really that great. The change we saw from Mei just didn't really seem earned. She gained confidence because EVERY guy she met in the Meiji period fawned over her.
yes, but more importantly they accepted her as a person despite her being so different and sometimes weird. Like Charlie said: in that time of great change being different, unique or eccentric was normal. And in Japan being "normal" and not sticking out is a bit more of an issue than in America or most of Europe, since collectivim is highly valued there.
Mar 29, 2019 6:37 AM
Feb 2017
To those who feel that ending was good and meaningful. Why do you thing so? I'm curious about your point of view!

For me her decision seemed... uncalled for. There was no mention about her family after early childhood (she might not have any left for all we know) or any other close relationship, friendships... nothing. Even when she remembers, her present time memory is of an empty room. Second: if she truly loves the guy why did she broke his heart? Second time too... (and we know she knows!). Most people move out and eventually live with their partners! It would just be a bit earlier than most... And I'm sure he would just make her a fiancé and wait for her to be ready for the next step! Third: Why leave place where you are both loved and needed, where you have deep connections an purpose in live for one where you have nothing and your ability will always be treated as fake? She didn't even ask Charlie if there is an option to come back! And last but not list she broke her promise to Ogai without even blinking! She promised to stay and help! The list she owed him for all he did was genuine explanation. A good reason to go back! The way she did it... it looked like she was toying with all their hearts even if she didn't mean to do so...

So how did you interpret her actions and decisions? What gave it meaning? Why did you see it as right? Share your thoughts please!

Mar 29, 2019 11:20 AM

Oct 2012
GoldenTigress said:
To those who feel that ending was good and meaningful. Why do you thing so? I'm curious about your point of view!

I'm not sure it was executed very well but the way I saw it was Mei realized that when she's herself people like her. Before she was defined through the rumors of others. She literally needed to put herself back in the world and let people discover who she really is.

When we saw her in the past - one of her classmates had invited her out - Mei had been closed off as symbolized by the headphones she was wearing but the second time we saw that scene she accepted the invitation.

Of course her thoughts on who she left behind are a mystery. Maybe it was all a dream of some sort brought on by her ability to interact with spirits. All the show's men were tsukumogami as referenced by the objects in her room.
Mar 29, 2019 9:32 PM

Oct 2008
no
just no

She gave up everything for what?
Some fleeting high school friends and dessert?
If she didn't even miss her family (never been mentioned even once) then she could have just stayed with Ougai and all her new male friends and kept living as who she always wanted to be.
Mar 31, 2019 5:28 PM
May 2007
I wish this alternate end to episode 1 prologue means S2. Ougai-san in the prologue said "sayonara" and Mei later cried but that didn't happen this episode. I want her back again to Ougai-san. Charlie can't be gone forever, that's so heartbreaking.
Mar 31, 2019 8:34 PM

May 2010
I would totally watch a second season! Honestly my heart broke they had to leave each other! :( I hope they meet again someday~
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Mar 31, 2019 8:35 PM

May 2010
GEEKalea said:
no
just no

She gave up everything for what?
Some fleeting high school friends and dessert?
If she didn't even miss her family (never been mentioned even once) then she could have just stayed with Ougai and all her new male friends and kept living as who she always wanted to be.

I agree. > _ < she never once mentioned her parents. did she even have any>?
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Apr 1, 2019 5:47 PM
Apr 2019
I was really disappointed, I really wanted to see her end up with Ougai so bad, I loved episode 12 but when Mei went back for not reason I was so mad. Tho, I did read somewhere that in the original game (the anime was based off a game) there are 3 endings of her and Ougai's relationship: she goes back alone to the 21st centure, she stays with Ougai in the past, or gose back home but with a twist.. Ougai is with her in the future.
I acually want them to make 2 more endings in the anime.. At least because the ending in my opinion wasn't the best.
Apr 2, 2019 11:02 PM
Apr 2019
I think this ending story so badly
Apr 3, 2019 3:06 PM
Apr 2019
Are you sure this anime MTR get second season?🤔
May 12, 2019 3:46 AM

Aug 2011
Oh my! What can I say? Such a touching ending, but I don't think there was any other way.

As harems go, this one was tastefully done. I like that Mei befriended all the guys, yet kept her eye on the prize. There was no indecisiveness, and I respect that although Ougai was not my personal choice for her Which is why I'm glad it ended the way it did.

Ah, Shunsou, my love, do not despair. There is a black cat out there waiting just for you.
Jun 10, 2019 11:04 PM

Aug 2015
Okay ending and show...mostly just watched it for Shunzou, though the other characters were interesting as well. I hope I'm not the only one bummed that Mei just ran past Shunzou like nothing...*sighs*
Jul 13, 2019 12:55 PM

Jan 2018
The show was great I would’ve rated it higher but I hate endings that are left for audience to decide whether or not Mei will ever see Ougai again.. I would’ve liked it if she got to see all the guys reincarnated in the present that way my heart would’ve been happier but what I can say I enjoyed this ride ^_^ can’t complain just a bit !!
Aug 17, 2019 6:34 AM

Dec 2012
Eh, this ending has me quite conflicted. While it seems like a given that Mei couldn't actually stay in the past, her reasoning for returning to the present is so shoddy. Like "Hey, I found a place to belong and the love of my life, but I really need to get back to my time so I can accept this girl's invite and sing some karaoke." It just lacks any sense of priority.

Though with that said, I suppose one could say that Mei's time in the Meiji Era helped her grow & prepare so that she could find her own place to belong in the present. While she had to say farewell to Ougai and the others, the works they poured their heart & soul into will watch over Mei in the present. Also, I'm guessing that the various ghosts are spirits of Ougai and the other guys she met. It would have been nice to get a bit of a confirmation on that by hearing their voices say her name as she joined the other girls.

Overall, this had some pretty solid moments dealing with the various ghosts & supernatural encounters. Syunso's scenario was probably the most emotional for me. I just wish that it had ended differently or, at the very least, made the reason for this farewell more compelling.

6.5/10
Aug 29, 2019 1:25 AM

Nov 2015
Welp, I was really enjoying this anime, until the last episode.

The ending... just... why?

It had me in tears, but not because it was particularly touching. I just felt bad for Ougai-san. He already had to experience one heartache, but apparently that and all the times Mei promised she would stay by his side meant nothing as soon as her memories came back. Maybe if her reasoning for going back wasn't so shallow it wouldn't have been as bad, but nope. The ending wasn't even bittersweet.
And it was so unrealistic... You cannot convince me that any girl in Mei's situation would choose to go back and not stay with a guy as sweet and handsome as Ougai-san.

I was enjoying it enough to give it a 9, but the last episode ruined it. I was gracious and gave it a 7/10.
Sep 6, 2019 3:05 PM
Sep 2019
I love it and please make a season 2 of this I want mei and mori to be together .. I was crying for the last 2 episodes ...
Sep 6, 2019 5:11 PM
Sep 2019
I really loved this anime like i really really loved it but the ending it was so sad
She left the guy that makes her happy the most and the amazing friends she made for What?!?
Friends that talked about her behind her back and for a restaurant that has half priced cake seriously people who think that this is a good ending i wanna know
What is your point of view??? Not to mention she didn’t even mention her family she might not even have one she left for some backstabbing highschool friends half priced cake and her loner school life all because of that
Not to mention she said she’ll never leave ougai she totally broke the promise of the man she “loved” and gave him his second heartbreak i seriously wanna see them together again pleaseeee
If she really loved him and if she really cherished the friends that made her realize her true self like what are they your teacher she wouldn’t have left them what for fleeting highschool friends and Half priced cake
I seriously want season 2 will there ever be one i wanna know
Im so hooked i seriously cried in my sleep I’m not even joking
But overall i loved the Anime very very much i wanna marry it just kidding lol
I would give the anime 100/10 but the ending I’ll give it a 3/10 sorry but in total i loved and cherished this anime it’s seriously one of my favorites now
Kanashiiu_10Sep 6, 2019 5:22 PM
Oct 17, 2019 4:05 PM
Oct 2019
Season two is coming in 2020, so they will definitely see each other!! We just got to wait. This makes the ending more hopeful than painful <3
Jan 12, 2020 11:09 PM
Oct 2019
Overall I liked the anime... But man the ending was disappointing! You pretty much saw it coming because of the circumstance, I guess. But it didn't seem to have a real rhyme or reason.. at least in my opinion. They didn't really make a compelling argument for her to go back. I mean, Ougai deserved more than that.
Jun 9, 2020 7:15 AM
Feb 2014
This anime's ending made me soo mad, no, it wasn't the "right", "correct" or "only" thing to do, like some people say, damn it!!!!

If you find your one true love and people who actually cherish and love you for who you really are, with no discrimination whatsoever, no sane person would choose to give them the boot in favor of going back to a place where everybody hates you and treats you like shit, wtf is wrong with her?!?!?! >:(

So what if your one true love is from a different time period?!??!! So what if her staying there"may" somehow change the future?!?!?!!! True love should have no bounds!!!!!

She even fucking promised that she would stay by his side forever but that was a blatant lie!!!!!!

She's a dirty lier, she didn't really love him or she would have stayed with him in the past!!!!

And for what? To get all "buddy" "buddy" with those wenches who constantly mistreated her and made fun of her?!?!?? Pfft!!!!

She didn't even seem really sad about parting at all, like it was the most natural thing to do, WTF!!!!! It's like she didn't care about the time they spend together(or Ougai) for that matter at all!!!!!!!!!

And she completely ignored poor Shunso, just running past him like that without saying anything to him WTF!!!! >_<

I really enjoyed this anime up untill the last episode, where it was made clear that Mei had no intention of staying despite a few episodes earlier claiming that she "wants to spend the rest of her life with Ougai_san"!!!!!!!

I actually liked Mei up until this last episode, considering her as one of my favorite heroines, but after she pulled this bullshit she has been demoted to a character i don't care about.

I give this anime as a whole a generous 8/10, would have been a 9/10 otherwise, not gonna rate it lower because i actually enjoyed it and was smiling like an idiot the entire time untill today......
My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Nov 12, 2020 12:20 AM
Nov 2020
There were a lot of theories I thought of while watching this series, all of which the possibility of her going home seemed reasonable but unlikely. To think that they just sent her home....like that....for no valid reason....IS ABSURD....but not totally unreasonable. The idea of a tragic ending where the maiden must leave was already hinted at with Ougai's first love novel which kind of screamed at a connection between it and mei. I was honestly kind of surprised that when the plot line for Ougai's novel was revealed it didn't click anything inside for mei. "Two lovers bound to be seperated" I was absolutely sure they were gonna use that for self reflection or growth on mei's part. That click would've been amazing to use as a gateway or lead up to the finales weird turn. I was pissed, to say the least, watching the decision be abruptly put up without any context or back up.They tried, but failed miserably and made me want to drag her from her walk of "reminiscing" and make her stay with Ougai since she clearly didn't have a good enough reason or thought put into going back. Which, even though it should've never been said, SHE COULDVE GONE BACK AT. ANY. TIME. WHY DID SHE CHOOSE THE WORST MOMENT TO DO IT!! SHE BARELY THOUGHT ABOUT IT!! It proved for the perfect setting for a sad takeaway, but to say that she can go back any time she likes and for her to just chose to leave so quickly at the most heartbreaking moment is RIDICULOUS. It goes against every single part of her character and ruins the hearts.(NOT IN THE GOOD WAY)But, I believe if they had used the material from further episodes and relied more on inner thoughts, (ESPECIALLY MEI) they couldve created a beautifully sad love story ending. Along with that, Charlie-san being the spirit of the fox stone was basically drilled into your head constantly from the beginning, but it proved to give a very sentimental feel to the story and made me want to punch the producers in the face for basically draining out my poor baby. (I'm not entirely sure if he's gone, though it may have been implied, I think the crack simply meant that he couldn't use any more power but if anyone else has anyanother ideas I'd be happy to hear about them) In all I enjoyed this anime alot, I am a very hard pleaser when it comes to being fully entertained. I get easily bored, and take the joy out of it myself by reading too much in and predicting the outcomes. It makes it hard to find things that can keep me on my toes, (its why anime is my favorite thing of all time) usually this would be a more fantasy like anime or mystery. But, this one earned a place in my heart despite it being different then what would usually make my heart fly, and its flaws that show the true stories intentions. Its a subtle, fun loving type that springs random moments that make you laugh until you cry. The flavor of her being a Tamayori, and incorporating, kind of random, but fitting backstories to the characters spiritual friends, objects, and health, without even actually making a backstory for the character was a impressive way of making the anime seem more like a story of growing life. There is a lot of potential and things in this anime that make it just perfect. I feel if they ran to much with one thing, such as the supernatural it would've clouded that life, and became something like a battling ghost action anime or romance anime that wouldn't have the same effect as what it is now. I cant ignore its flaws or the ending that was so unbelievable to me, but the true story is still there and I will remember it just as that. I hope anyone who watches doesnt get too lost in how it ends and can do the same. (whether they think of the ending as good or bad)
Gracelynn4Nov 12, 2020 12:51 AM
Nov 30, 2020 8:28 AM
Nov 2020
I think it will be more sad if charles true identity is the future of ougai who wait her. And he become the fox spirit named charles to be on her side again ㅠ.ㅠ... thats why, charles cry in the end, because he want her to not leaving him... ㅠ.ㅠ
Feb 2, 2021 3:28 AM
Feb 2021
I really really so hope there season 2 from this anime. The story is really-really hangs😭😭. I hope Mei-chan together with Ougai-san and the 6 boys get together, but.. Mei-chan ends up with Ougai-san forever and they happily ever after So PLEASE SEASON 2.U know because of this anime I can not sleep well at night because the ending is not like I think PLEASE SEASON 2 o negai shimasu🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
Jul 20, 2021 6:41 AM

Jan 2021
Not gonna lie I almost cried at that kissing scene ;____; WHYYYY my heart feels empty now.

Hanara_Aeri said:
I think it will be more sad if charles true identity is the future of ougai who wait her. And he become the fox spirit named charles to be on her side again ㅠ.ㅠ... thats why, charles cry in the end, because he want her to not leaving him... ㅠ.ㅠ

WOW. If that's true then I'll be completely heartbroken :"D

May 4, 2022 7:57 AM
May 2022
GoldenTigress said:

For me her decision seemed... uncalled for. There was no mention about her family after early childhood (she might not have any left for all we know) or any other close relationship, friendships... nothing. Even when she remembers, her present time memory is of an empty room. Second: if she truly loves the guy why did she broke his heart? Second time too... (and we know she knows!). Most people move out and eventually live with their partners! It would just be a bit earlier than most... And I'm sure he would just make her a fiancé and wait for her to be ready for the next step! Third: Why leave place where you are both loved and needed, where you have deep connections an purpose in live for one where you have nothing and your ability will always be treated as fake? She didn't even ask Charlie if there is an option to come back! And last but not list she broke her promise to Ogai without even blinking! She promised to stay and help! The list she owed him for all he did was genuine explanation. A good reason to go back! The way she did it... it looked like she was toying with all their hearts even if she didn't mean to do so...

So how did you interpret her actions and decisions? What gave it meaning? Why did you see it as right? Share your thoughts please!

I agree. I just now watched this but I knew since the beginning she would go back. They literally show you the ending in the beginning. I understand she grew as a person and can now handle her life in the future but I still think IMO there wouldn't be enough for me to return.
May 4, 2022 7:58 AM
May 2022
Dauphine said:
This anime's ending made me soo mad, no, it wasn't the "right", "correct" or "only" thing to do, like some people say, damn it!!!!

If you find your one true love and people who actually cherish and love you for who you really are, with no discrimination whatsoever, no sane person would choose to give them the boot in favor of going back to a place where everybody hates you and treats you like shit, wtf is wrong with her?!?!?! >:(

So what if your one true love is from a different time period?!??!! So what if her staying there"may" somehow change the future?!?!?!!! True love should have no bounds!!!!!

She even fucking promised that she would stay by his side forever but that was a blatant lie!!!!!!

She's a dirty lier, she didn't really love him or she would have stayed with him in the past!!!!

And for what? To get all "buddy" "buddy" with those wenches who constantly mistreated her and made fun of her?!?!?? Pfft!!!!

She didn't even seem really sad about parting at all, like it was the most natural thing to do, WTF!!!!! It's like she didn't care about the time they spend together(or Ougai) for that matter at all!!!!!!!!!

And she completely ignored poor Shunso, just running past him like that without saying anything to him WTF!!!! >_<

I really enjoyed this anime up untill the last episode, where it was made clear that Mei had no intention of staying despite a few episodes earlier claiming that she "wants to spend the rest of her life with Ougai_san"!!!!!!!

I actually liked Mei up until this last episode, considering her as one of my favorite heroines, but after she pulled this bullshit she has been demoted to a character i don't care about.

I give this anime as a whole a generous 8/10, would have been a 9/10 otherwise, not gonna rate it lower because i actually enjoyed it and was smiling like an idiot the entire time untill today......

I could not agree more. I was so mad.
May 4, 2022 8:07 AM
May 2022
Tsarina said:
Welp, I was really enjoying this anime, until the last episode.

The ending... just... why?

It had me in tears, but not because it was particularly touching. I just felt bad for Ougai-san. He already had to experience one heartache, but apparently that and all the times Mei promised she would stay by his side meant nothing as soon as her memories came back. Maybe if her reasoning for going back wasn't so shallow it wouldn't have been as bad, but nope. The ending wasn't even bittersweet.
And it was so unrealistic... You cannot convince me that any girl in Mei's situation would choose to go back and not stay with a guy as sweet and handsome as Ougai-san.

I was enjoying it enough to give it a 9, but the last episode ruined it. I was gracious and gave it a 7/10.

I could not agree more. I knew how it would end as soon as it started and I was so mad! Just like Dances With Devils (except she actually had a decent reason to go back. But I still wouldn't have.)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Meiji Tokyo Renka Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2019

10 by Stardew »»
Aug 28, 2023 7:43 AM

Poll: » Meiji Tokyo Renka Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2019

11 by Stardew »»
Aug 23, 2023 12:40 PM

Poll: » Meiji Tokyo Renka Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2019

6 by Stardew »»
Jul 4, 2023 8:39 AM

Poll: » Meiji Tokyo Renka Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2019

13 by Stardew »»
Jul 4, 2023 8:07 AM

Poll: » Meiji Tokyo Renka Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2019

12 by Stardew »»
Jul 2, 2023 6:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.