Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Mar 28, 2019 3:18 AM
Dec 2014
otaku_trash1236 said:
Like always Shield hero is strongest when there is dialogue or intrigue and weakest in the action scenes.

The scene where he told the king to grovel to him or shove off was 10x more entertaining than almost any fights, with the exception of the Spear vs Shield Duel which itself had serious emotional investment.

This is why I hate the "ughh why are they talking we need more action, why are the fights so shooooort why isn't this show SAO" crowd of critics.

It's a legitimate concern when the novels does a better job in presenting the fights. Reading the novels give a clearer picture with the great fight scenes. So when people who've read the novels see the underwhelming fights in the anime it's a bit disappointing. The anime fight scenes kinda feels so static.
Mar 28, 2019 3:38 AM

Mar 2016
I know she's a villain, but I am really loving the Glass lady. She openly hurts all the other heroes's pride.

Love how Nao threatened the King. He even managed to scare the people trying to protect him.

King is stubborn, but also weak around his daughters. Lol

Melty was able to shut Myne quite well. Haha

Not sure if I can or cannot believe that Myne tried to kill her own sister. Hope she gets punished as a result now.
Mar 28, 2019 3:39 AM
Jan 2013
How many lowlife haters does shield have in real life and in the anime.

Even though the show has done a good job with setting up an original story.There are those who think their lame vague feelings is legit critisism.Spewing terms for the sake of it.

Ncie ep to teach those three a lesson and give them a motivation to power up.We are going to a new place.
genesic123Mar 28, 2019 3:44 AM

Mar 28, 2019 3:50 AM

Mar 2010
oh so the king wasnt all bad... he is just a huge idiot
Mar 28, 2019 4:14 AM
Sep 2016
Yourmom53 said:
Fahim654 said:
lol you'll get the explanation on the next episode. and if this series stupid for you then why don't you drop it temporarily and watch it after all episodes come out?

I know the reason and its still stupid also mind your own watching schedule
just tried to help ya. dunno why you getting angry :/
Mar 28, 2019 4:15 AM
Feb 2019
Draconalis said:
This is the first episode where I'm kinda disappointed. Glass wasn't immune to his cursed fire, that's why she switched to long range attacks in the source material. Also, they took the scene out where he straight steals that potion from Malty. That scene was so good, I'm sad they took it out.

It wasn't a bad ep... it was just... okay.

Why would Malty have an SP potion on her in the first place? Only Heroes use SP.
Mar 28, 2019 4:35 AM
Apr 2016
ArpTakao said:
Jazzuke said:
yay... another poorly constructed cliffhanger.

yay another poor constructed comment

Which... describes about 9/10 attempts at input in here, for this particular series.
Re:formed
Mar 28, 2019 4:41 AM

Jun 2017
That Glass girl is just overpowered, glad she called those dickheads servants of Naofumi, I'm also glad that the King lost the argument. Also, I think that setup at the end was by none other than that Trash Princess. Can't wait for the next episode.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Mar 28, 2019 4:45 AM

Feb 2018
Frankly, anything less than Malty dying by Naofumi's hand (or Raph) and I give this show my first rating of 1. I don't care about waves or plot anymore. I am merely waiting for Her death.
Mar 28, 2019 4:49 AM
Apr 2016
Dashiva761 said:
Frankly, anything less than Malty dying by Naofumi's hand (or Raph) and I give this show my first rating of 1. I don't care about waves or plot anymore. I am merely waiting for Her death.

Well you are a sadist then. What you say you desire is signs of mental instability and if said aloud could be a concern for others, more precisely the societal security around you.
GoOd ThInG tHe FoRuMs ArE aNoNyMoUs AnD fReE tO aCcEsS/?
Re:formed
Mar 28, 2019 4:52 AM

Dec 2013
FUCK THE KING.

good job Naofumi POG
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Mar 28, 2019 4:53 AM

Feb 2019
RayReynolds said:

while the other heroes only sink them more and more in their own stupid and filth(even one was made pedophile), he is the one who solves all the problems (the zombie dragon and now practically defeated only the wave), he is the only one that receives strong abilities and the others heroes do not (What happened to the fact that Raphtalia would be his sword? Now he ends up fighting only LOL)
The other heroes are stronger but do not know how to use their powers. Also their abilities are pretty limited because they did not have to work hard to get them. There is one sequence that shows how the other "heroes"

And these same people? Who if have experience in MMORPG games that consider this world as a game do not know the basics? they behave worse than a noob, another thing in which the writer does not have congruence
Mar 28, 2019 5:03 AM

Feb 2014
I was expecting Glass to be really strong and that was the case here. I won't deny that it was, in a way, satisfying to see her wipe toe floor with the other heroes with just one move, though. =P

Thankfully, Naofumi, Raphtalia and Filo were ready and even though they gave it their all, they just couldn't find a way to break through Glass's strong reaction timing and defense. Luckily, a countdown timer to the end of the wave appeared for Naofumi and that gave him the chance for his group to make a quick light spell and retreat, blocking Glass's long-range attacks in the process.

With that performance behind them, Naofumi was summoned by the King himself and the whole scene showcased how much of an idiot the King really is. Naofumi took the debate by it's neck and dominated it from start to finish. When the King made a petty threat referring to Raphtalia and Filo, Naofumi simply sent him a venomous response in return. Was it satisfying to see the King losing the argument here? HELL YEAH!!! XD

Melty gets along well with the King, but Myne really doesn't like things going her younger sister's way and, going by how Melty brushed Myne off so easily, I knew from that point that she would retaliate somehow.

And that opportunity came along near the end of the episode, where Melty caught up with Naofumi and unsuccessfully tried to ask him to return to the capital, showcasing her cute pouting expressions when he said "I refuse!" twice to her. It was that moment when a guard drew his sword and made an attempt to assassinate Melty, but Naofumi blocked it just in time.

It probably looks like Myne wants to see her little sister die now and her plan, if it did somehow succeed, would frame Naofumi under a bad light again. Myne really needs to be knocked off her high horse ASAP.

This was a really good episode overall. I'm looking forward to seeing how this scene plays out next time. =)
Mar 28, 2019 5:45 AM
Jan 2017
I love how we got a massive bit of foreshowing on how this arc will end.

They did the betrayal of Mel-chan wonderfully
Mar 28, 2019 6:16 AM

Jul 2014
Glass fight was pretty boring due to the massive difference in power levels, but this episode was reasonable enough otherwise. At the very least, it was good to see Naofumi standing up to the King now that he's reached the point where the King can't really do anything to him anymore.
Mar 28, 2019 6:29 AM

May 2018
MC finally, finally starts asking the real questions about the nature of the waves ect.

Malty being really sloppy at organizing political assassinations after years of neglecting the situation.
I guess practice makes it better so... more luck for the throne next time!
Mar 28, 2019 6:32 AM

Aug 2014
Ooooh gonna be exciting to see how this plays out. Naofumi talking down the king was amazing as always and now comes a really good arc. Wowee
Mar 28, 2019 6:44 AM

Jun 2010
Jesus... an assassination attempt on Melty... that's got to be the red headed bitches plan again right? ... just when you think she can't get any lower... my god. Will this hoe ever get served? I'm losing hope for justice when these scumbags can keep doing horrible things without consequence on this show.

Mar 28, 2019 7:05 AM

Mar 2017
Glass is so overpowered. Can't wait to see their next encounter.
Naofumi's exchange with the king was great. He spoke his mind to the king lol.
Melty is asking Naofumi to apologize? Well she doesn't know what shit Naofumi went through so it's fine.
I think Malty (bi*ch) set up that assassination to frame Naofumi of killing Melty.
Mar 28, 2019 7:14 AM
May 2014
Lol what a terrible assassination attempt. This show tbh gives me major incel vibes. Everything has to go the way of the main character and the supporting characters that grow to like the MC essentially just change their life purposes to his own. I hope Melty can still be her own character unlike raphtalia and Filo whose lives exist around serving Naofumi. But something tells me she will just become Naofumis bitch as well.
Mar 28, 2019 8:25 AM

May 2016
SSL443 said:
DirectorK said:
I've been reading your posts on previous threads about this anime and it's clear to me that you don't know anything about the real world or just how bad life can be, especially on the subject of slavery.

So you're saying slavery is worse than I think? Better? What does this have to do with my complaints about the show?

No, you misunderstand me. I don't support slavery in any shape or form. However, I do understand why it existed and why it was practiced for so long. How do I know that? Because I actually took the time to do my own research on the subject instead of just listening to my history teacher spout off about how bad it is or what the media tells me. When was the last time you did something like that? You're complaints show just how little you know of the subject. Again, I'd be more than happy to give you a history lesson and how it applies to this show. All you have to do is ask, but I doubt you'll pay attention anyway.

SSL443 said:
Yeah... I'm not out to ruin anyone's enjoyment, if you can believe it. Because I personally don't let whether a show is bad or not get in the way of my own enjoyment.

Now that I find difficult to believe. If you really thought that way you wouldn't be on here right now.

Rhapsody- said:
Damn! Look what you did @SSL443, you just broke this poor guy who only wants to enjoy his show. I hope you're happy now :'(

This would be a great copypaste meme if it wouldn't be so long.

Just use the last paragraph, or better yet use Mr. Spock's own words.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Mar 28, 2019 8:43 AM

Dec 2016
DirectorK said:
No, you misunderstand me. I don't support slavery in any shape or form. However, I do understand why it existed and why it was practiced for so long. How do I know that? Because I actually took the time to do my own research on the subject instead of just listening to my history teacher spout off about how bad it is or what the media tells me. When was the last time you did something like that? You're complaints show just how little you know of the subject. Again, I'd be more than happy to give you a history lesson and how it applies to this show. All you have to do is ask, but I doubt you'll pay attention anyway.

Okay, I'm asking. Please school me.

Now that I find difficult to believe. If you really thought that way you wouldn't be on here right now.

It may be a revelation for you, but this is a discussion forum.
Mar 28, 2019 9:17 AM

Dec 2014
damn I hate the royalty...Naofumi is so right to trust no one
Mar 28, 2019 10:45 AM
Jan 2013
Yourmom53 said:
God this series is stupid not only nothing happens in the first 15 minutes but for some reason not only the assassin was going to kill the princess right in front of the Shield Hero but for some reason he was going to run towards her with his sword out

THIS

Also, finally seeing Naofumi stand up for his party is nice
Mar 28, 2019 12:25 PM

Jan 2013
Alternate_Wraph said:
Draconalis said:
[...] Also, they took the scene out where he straight steals that potion from Malty. That scene was so good, I'm sad they took it out.

Why would Malty have an SP potion on her in the first place? Only Heroes use SP.

I can see Malty carrying them to gain favor with him as his support.
Mar 28, 2019 2:14 PM

Nov 2013
Jazzuke said:
yay... another poorly constructed cliffhanger.

I mean, considering it makes you want to watch the next episode, I'd say that's a well constructed cliffhanger, as that's what they are supposed to do.
You all need to watch Nami.

Mar 28, 2019 3:39 PM

Jun 2013
SSL443 said:
Yourmom53 said:
It doesn't help that after the false rape accusation everything else has been good for Naofumi which means his "hatred" feels more like a child throwing a tantrum than a man whose life was ruined.

Totally. Raphtalia has the most reason of any of them to "hAtE 3vErYtHiNg", but instead she has been reduced to the unrequited love interest who holds back the brooding, emo hero from losing himself in rage mode.

LOL this is how I feel sometimes. I want to see him get revenge but honestly, sometimes, he's just being a fucking emo child. Other times, he's just a fucking asshole and even Raph is tired of his shit. Raph had so much potential but I guess otakus who have a hardon for girls willing to be slaves are going to constantly praise her.

At this point, I'm just watching for chicken girl because she's fucking cute as a fatass chicken.

I kind of want to see Raph and the others die, just to see how Naofumi will cope with it.
臭い-
Mar 28, 2019 3:52 PM
Mar 2015
The Glass fight was great She is out of their league at the moment The royals are terrible To kill Melty just to frame the Shied Hero is despicable
Mar 28, 2019 4:23 PM
Dec 2018
Sincerely, they are shitting it, so simple, why ?, they will ask themselves, obviously the least they have done is respect the dialogues, where the devil saw the king threatens Naofumi with fucking Rapthalia or Firo, or when the shadow he meets Naofumi disguised as the queen, or when the soldiers attack Melty in the middle of nowhere, instead of in the village, the truth is that the anime is losing many points in my favor
Mar 28, 2019 4:28 PM

Jun 2015
darn i forgot that the knight trying to kill melty even happened honestly
Mar 28, 2019 4:40 PM
Jan 2019
I loved how Glass just made easy work of all the other heroes and their members....even calling them Noafumi's servants xD I loved it! I hope the Bow Hero & the Sword Hero start giving Noafumi some decent respect now.....Spear Hero is a lost case XD.
I also hope in the next Ep Noafumi starts to realize Melty is on his side.

Loved the threats and death glares he gave the king tho.....oeeeef waited for him to do that.
Mar 28, 2019 5:09 PM

May 2016
SSL443 said:
DirectorK said:

Very well, how would you like me to do it? Through a PM? Or on this thread? I'm fine with either one.
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
Mar 28, 2019 5:12 PM

Dec 2009
That final scene... It's great that this is likely to be a major snap in him... That fuckin bitch needs tome serious Kamijou Touma punch to the face. It's obviously her doing, but, at the very least it's clear this with catalyze things.

As much as he despises the royalty, it's been clear he doesn't have a personal grudge against Melty, just doesn't wanna deal with her. Trying to set up a murder of a child to frame him is gonna piss him off hardcore.

These cliffhangers are brutal.

DirectorK said:
SSL443 said:
Very well, how would you like me to do it? Through a PM? Or on this thread? I'm fine with either one.
Lol? There's nothing wrong with mild ownership, the days of the housewife was not as unlike slavery by definition as people make it out to be. There have been plenty of people that took in slaves to help them, or to give them a good life, or whatever, and only had the SOCIAL STATUS of a slave, not necessarily being some abused forced labour tool for their convenience... As much as it is controversial and has issues, and WAS abolished because of misconduct, that doesn't mean it's always inherently bad. It's merely a means in which people who are bad seeds can take advantage. There is no intrinsic badness in human nature if they're given opportunities to do bad, humans are intrinsically neutral unless conditions cause otherwise. Regardless, like any socio-political ideological view, it's always seriously overexaggerated and ignorance is spread far and wide. (Real nightmarish atrocities never get the attention, only mild ideological issues everyone freaks out about. The truly horrible things almost always get swept under the rug and ignored, ie serious large scale war crimes.)
GenesisAriaMar 28, 2019 5:22 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Mar 28, 2019 5:29 PM

May 2016
Bibimbapski said:
SSL443 said:

Totally. Raphtalia has the most reason of any of them to "hAtE 3vErYtHiNg", but instead she has been reduced to the unrequited love interest who holds back the brooding, emo hero from losing himself in rage mode.

LOL this is how I feel sometimes. I want to see him get revenge but honestly, sometimes, he's just being a fucking emo child. Other times, he's just a fucking asshole and even Raph is tired of his shit. Raph had so much potential but I guess otakus who have a hardon for girls willing to be slaves are going to constantly praise her.

At this point, I'm just watching for chicken girl because she's fucking cute as a fatass chicken.

I kind of want to see Raph and the others die, just to see how Naofumi will cope with it.

I don't get this. I really don't.

How exactly is Naofumi an emo child? Have any of you actually met one? Because I have and I can tell you from personal experience that I have yet to meet one who has the guts to do the things Naofumi is doing. Naofumi has been treated like shit ever since he's arrived in this world and until he actually gets some powerful allies there's not a damn thing he could do except put up with it.

An emo child is someone who sits around complaining about how much their life sucks, how lonely they is, and how they would love nothing more than to die. But in reality it's nothing more than a ploy to get attention through sympathy, which is just plain pathetic. In other words, an emo child is someone who has deliberately made themselves miserable just so people will feel sorry for them. Has Naofumi ever asked for any kind of sympathy or yelled "PAY ATTENTION TO ME! once this entire time? No, he has not. He's been made miserable thanks to a bunch of jerks. All he wants to do is to go home back to his normal life.

Naofumi has every reason not to trust the King or the nobles after everything they did do him. The scar they carved on him doesn't just go away, it takes time to heal even if it's years. But now a few nobles, such as Melty, are starting to reach out and help bring justice on those who wronged him but naturally he's not going to trust them right because his anger is still there. That's a problem he and he alone has to deal and until someone gets through to him or he manages to bring peace within himself that anger going away anytime soon. However, with what's going on with Melty right now that may soon change.

And as for Raphtalia... my god, you people really don't know anything, do you? Did it ever occur to any of you that maybe Raph decided to stay with Naofumi out of kindness in return for the kindness he showed her at the beginning? Yeah, he had to push her around a few times but that was because he bought her to do a job, and that was to be his sword since(at that point) he could only defend. There was no buts or ifs about it. If she didn't do her job they would both die. On top of that though we saw how well he was treating her in the beginning, buying/making her gifts and feeding her the best food he could afford. Not once has he ever mistreated or taken advantage of her. What you guys call her "willingness to be his slave" is actually loyalty and respect. He's earn that from her and in return she's shown him more kindness, more loyalty, more respect than almost any other character in this entire show. The same goes for Filo. He's given them both plenty of freedom and he's come to really care about both of them in the time he's been with them. He's not going to let some piss poor King or his bitch-ass daughter of a Princess take them away from him like they tried to before.

Seriously, I really wonder how any of you fail to understand this when it's not that hard to figure out. Hell, I like see how you would handle this situation if you were in Naofumi's place.
DirectorKMar 28, 2019 5:39 PM
Mar 28, 2019 5:34 PM
Oct 2018
Wtf is hapenned with the first half lol, that fight scene was pretty awkward. and also, those three "seLf-pRocLaimEd H3roe$" are totally useless

they're exist just for the sake of "oh, the Shield brat is the Strongest Among them! omg omg"

However, the second half was pretty satisfying with Naofumi finally became a Badass and shut the motherfukin King's Mouth.

Can't wait for the second cour xD
Mar 28, 2019 5:45 PM

Dec 2009
Kazuya47 said:
Wtf is hapenned with the first half lol, that fight scene was pretty awkward. and also, those three "seLf-pRocLaimEd H3roe$" are totally useless
They were all useless, only reason Naofumi had a chance was because he unlocked a special move, which the others clearly hadn't yet. If they all fought like a party, even that ghost shit would have been like a 40min raid boss.

Mar 28, 2019 6:19 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The only good thing about that episode was the cliffhanger. Outside of that this episode was laughable.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 28, 2019 7:33 PM

Jun 2013
DirectorK said:
Bibimbapski said:

I don't get this. I really don't.

How exactly is Naofumi an emo child? Have any of you actually met one? Because I have and I can tell you from personal experience that I have yet to meet one who has the guts to do the things Naofumi is doing. Naofumi has been treated like shit ever since he's arrived in this world and until he actually gets some powerful allies there's not a damn thing he could do except put up with it.

An emo child is someone who sits around complaining about how much their life sucks, how lonely they is, and how they would love nothing more than to die. But in reality it's nothing more than a ploy to get attention through sympathy, which is just plain pathetic. In other words, an emo child is someone who has deliberately made themselves miserable just so people will feel sorry for them. Has Naofumi ever asked for any kind of sympathy or yelled "PAY ATTENTION TO ME! once this entire time? No, he has not. He's been made miserable thanks to a bunch of jerks. All he wants to do is to go home back to his normal life.

Naofumi has every reason not to trust the King or the nobles after everything they did do him. The scar they carved on him doesn't just go away, it takes time to heal even if it's years. But now a few nobles, such as Melty, are starting to reach out and help bring justice on those who wronged him but naturally he's not going to trust them right because his anger is still there. That's a problem he and he alone has to deal and until someone gets through to him or he manages to bring peace within himself that anger going away anytime soon. However, with what's going on with Melty right now that may soon change.

And as for Raphtalia... my god, you people really don't know anything, do you? Did it ever occur to any of you that maybe Raph decided to stay with Naofumi out of kindness in return for the kindness he showed her at the beginning? Yeah, he had to push her around a few times but that was because he bought her to do a job, and that was to be his sword since(at that point) he could only defend. There was no buts or ifs about it. If she didn't do her job they would both die. On top of that though we saw how well he was treating her in the beginning, buying/making her gifts and feeding her the best food he could afford. Not once has he ever mistreated or taken advantage of her. What you guys call her "willingness to be his slave" is actually loyalty and respect. He's earn that from her and in return she's shown him more kindness, more loyalty, more respect than almost any other character in this entire show. The same goes for Filo. He's given them both plenty of freedom and he's come to really care about both of them in the time he's been with them. He's not going to let some piss poor King or his bitch-ass daughter of a Princess take them away from him like they tried to before.

Seriously, I really wonder how any of you fail to understand this when it's not that hard to figure out. Hell, I like see how you would handle this situation if you were in Naofumi's place.

Why are you affected by the varying opinions of other people. So fucking what if people don't like the series? Personally, I enjoy it and think it's one of the best series for Winter 2019 but there are things I don't enjoy about it. People criticize my favorites too and I don't care. You're wasting time caring what other people think. Just enjoy the series and don't waste time convincing other people to think the same way as you. Welcome to the real world where everyone is different.
臭い-
Mar 28, 2019 8:08 PM

Mar 2010
pretty smart to attempt to assassinate the princess in front of the sheild hero 🤔
Mar 28, 2019 8:18 PM

May 2016
Bibimbapski said:
Why are you affected by the varying opinions of other people. So fucking what if people don't like the series? Personally, I enjoy it and think it's one of the best series for Winter 2019 but there are things I don't enjoy about it. People criticize my favorites too and I don't care. You're wasting time caring what other people think. Just enjoy the series and don't waste time convincing other people to think the same way as you. Welcome to the real world where everyone is different.

I don't have a problem with people having different opinions and I'm well aware that everyone is different. The problem I do have is when people make stupid remarks like, "Oh, Naofumi is such a emo child!" or "Raphtalia loves being a slave!" and such. They never use their brains to figure out why things are the way they are or why certain characters make certain decisions regardless if they're good or bad. And then when someone does try to explain it to them they get all offended, act like know-it-alls, and talk down to anyone who disagrees with them. That's why I'm affected by this.
Mar 28, 2019 8:44 PM

Jan 2018
Anime_freak_08 said:
woahitsai said:
So I'm assuming Malty's the one who ordered those knights to kill her own little sister. That sick bitch.
wait for next 2-3 episodes.. it's going to be a rollercoaster.. if they don't skip anything from manga..

Now I'm more excited! That's 2-3 weeks waiting game.
Mar 28, 2019 8:59 PM
Jan 2016
GenesisAria said:
]Lol? There's nothing wrong with mild ownership, the days of the housewife was not as unlike slavery by definition as people make it out to be.

I mean not really housewife by modern standards are still considered citzens and if you are talking about the 50s housewife we still looked as that as a negative symbol.

GenesisAria said:
There have been plenty of people that took in slaves to help them, or to give them a good life, or whatever, and only had the SOCIAL STATUS of a slave, not necessarily being some abused forced labour tool for their convenience...

Yeah but they still owned a another human being and at worst they are supporting the slavery market.

GenesisAria said:
As much as it is controversial and has issues, and WAS abolished because of misconduct, that doesn't mean it's always inherently bad. It's merely a means in which people who are bad seeds can take advantage. There is no intrinsic badness in human nature if they're given opportunities to do bad, humans are intrinsically neutral unless conditions cause otherwise. Regardless, like any socio-political ideological view, it's always seriously overexaggerated and ignorance is spread far and wide. (Real nightmarish atrocities never get the attention, only mild ideological issues everyone freaks out about. The truly horrible things almost always get swept under the rug and ignored, ie serious large scale war crimes.)

Its owning a human being and treating them as property, maybe there are a FEW times slavery is used for a positive function but 95% of the time its used an negative light and saying its a "mild ideological issue" is beyond stupid.

Yourmom53Mar 28, 2019 9:15 PM
Mar 28, 2019 9:14 PM
Jan 2016
DirectorK said:

What scar, the worst thing that happened to him was literally in the first episode and has been going better for him ever sense. You know why false rape accusations are harmful because it not only hurts the person but also the people around them too. There are many stories where people who got falsely accuased of rape not only had their reputation ruined but have their loved ones commit suicide, here not only is Naofumi from another world and has no existing relationships to other people but his status was already crap when he became Shield Hero hence why Naofumi's "Rage" comes off more like an edgy teenager than a man who has been wronged. The protagonist of Monte Cristo was at least in solitary confinement for 6 years but compared to that Naofumi's situation is more of a slap on the wrist.

DirectorK said:
And as for Raphtalia... my god, you people really don't know anything, do you? Did it ever occur to any of you that maybe Raph decided to stay with Naofumi out of kindness in return for the kindness he showed her at the beginning? Yeah, he had to push her around a few times but that was because he bought her to do a job, and that was to be his sword since(at that point) he could only defend. There was no buts or ifs about it. If she didn't do her job they would both die. On top of that though we saw how well he was treating her in the beginning, buying/making her gifts and feeding her the best food he could afford. Not once has he ever mistreated or taken advantage of her. What you guys call her "willingness to be his slave" is actually loyalty and respect. He's earn that from her and in return she's shown him more kindness, more loyalty, more respect than almost any other character in this entire show..

Most people would call this stockholm syndrome and even then I didn't see anybody mention this in this episode talkback, maybe in other threads but not this one. The main thing people are talking about is that Raphtalia has more of a right to be angry than Naofumi hence why Naofumi's rage seems more to be tryhard and emo.

DirectorK said:

Not act like a total bitch for one.
Mar 28, 2019 10:25 PM

May 2016
Yourmom53 said:
What scar, the worst thing that happened to him was literally in the first episode and has been going better for him ever sense. You know why false rape accusations are harmful because it not only hurts the person but also the people around them too. There are many stories where people who got falsely accuased of rape not only had their reputation ruined but have their loved ones commit suicide, here not only is Naofumi from another world and has no existing relationships to other people but his status was already crap when he became Shield Hero hence why Naofumi's "Rage" comes off more like an edgy teenager than a man who has been wronged. The protagonist of Monte Cristo was at least in solitary confinement for 6 years but compared to that Naofumi's situation is more of a slap on the wrist.

The Count was betrayed by his best friend who jealous about his successes and had him framed in order to get rid of him and take his place. Being imprisoned for something you didn't do is completely different to being allowed to roam free while being constantly reminded of your crime by almost everyone you meet. Naofumi was set up from the moment he arrived and the only people who could have spoke up for him, the other three heroes, turned their backs on him without second thought. How was he suppose to know what was going to happen? If someone took advantage of you like that wouldn't you be very and over cautious. And let's not forget, all of these heroes are stupid in their yet Naofumi is the only one who takes this whole seriously. But at the same time he's being overly cautious thanks to bad experience he had with the nobles. His anger and distrust is understandable, but their will come a point in time where he's able to let it go. The problem is that these people won't leave him alone. They've get to make things worse for him every chance they get. Why shouldn't he be frustrated?

Most people would call this stockholm syndrome and even then I didn't see anybody mention this in this episode talkback, maybe in other threads but not this one. The main thing people are talking about is that Raphtalia has more of a right to be angry than Naofumi hence why Naofumi's rage seems more to be tryhard and emo.

Stockholm syndrome has to do with people who were kidnapped and held captive for a long periods of time. Don't try to compare a captive to a servant who willingly chooses to remain with their master/owner even after being freed. Raphtalia wasn't kidnapped, she was captured by slave traders and then later sold as slave to Naofumi, who she decided to stay with after seeing what he was going through. You're right that she should be more angry, except she wasn't the one who went through hell like Naofumi did. In addition she doesn't let her own anger get the better of her. She's made it her mission to make sure Naofumi doesn't fall to the dark side and start killing innocent people left and right, which she has succeeded with time and again.

That's not good enough, mister. You're going to have to do better than that. That's easy for you to say when you got a bunch of people making your life more and more difficult simply because they don't like you almost on a daily basis.
DirectorKMar 28, 2019 11:16 PM
Mar 28, 2019 10:40 PM

Dec 2009
Yourmom53 said:
GenesisAria said:
There have been plenty of people that took in slaves to help them, or to give them a good life, or whatever, and only had the SOCIAL STATUS of a slave, not necessarily being some abused forced labour tool for their convenience...
Yeah but they still owned a another human being and at worst they are supporting the slavery market.
Well yeah supporting a bad slave market has it's issues ofc. But if the slaves are there already, then buying them out is perfectly sensible. Trying to liberate them with your moral righteousness is just going to cause a mess and probably result in a lot of loss of life and other such in the process (can you personally support and rehabilitate that many slaves?), and not stop the business anyway, because it'd just come up again somewhere else. Whether or not you're supporting it is nebulous morality, because one could say even ignoring it is enabling it... So there's no real best answer.

Yourmom53 said:
GenesisAria said:
As much as it is controversial and has issues, and WAS abolished because of misconduct, that doesn't mean it's always inherently bad. It's merely a means in which people who are bad seeds can take advantage. There is no intrinsic badness in human nature if they're given opportunities to do bad, humans are intrinsically neutral unless conditions cause otherwise. Regardless, like any socio-political ideological view, it's always seriously overexaggerated and ignorance is spread far and wide. (Real nightmarish atrocities never get the attention, only mild ideological issues everyone freaks out about. The truly horrible things almost always get swept under the rug and ignored, ie serious large scale war crimes.)
Its owning a human being and treating them as property, maybe there are a FEW times slavery is used for a positive function but 95% of the time its used an negative light and saying its a "mild ideological issue" is beyond stupid.
That 95% is arbitrary and baseless. If you define ownership by the right criteria, then children are technically slaves to their parents in current society. Treating them as "property" is HIGHLY subjective.

In my case i would gladly be someone's property if it meant an easy life and especially if it meant i could have my research and stuff actively funded by their savings, as it would enable me to do my science, while earning my keep by benefitting them with my work for having me.

Yourmom53 said:
DirectorK said:
And as for Raphtalia... my god, you people really don't know anything, do you? Did it ever occur to any of you that maybe Raph decided to stay with Naofumi out of kindness in return for the kindness he showed her at the beginning? Yeah, he had to push her around a few times but that was because he bought her to do a job, and that was to be his sword since(at that point) he could only defend. There was no buts or ifs about it. If she didn't do her job they would both die. On top of that though we saw how well he was treating her in the beginning, buying/making her gifts and feeding her the best food he could afford. Not once has he ever mistreated or taken advantage of her. What you guys call her "willingness to be his slave" is actually loyalty and respect. He's earn that from her and in return she's shown him more kindness, more loyalty, more respect than almost any other character in this entire show..
Naofumi isn't tryhard anything. He's just grouchy and irritated and wants to be left alone. The rage shield isn't even him, it's the dragon pissed off with him and he's throwing that at other shit.

Also, you can call anything a disorder or illness, that doesn't make it justified or valid; especially when you're not an expert making a professional diagnosis. There's a difference between a case of problematic infatuation that is hard to deal with, and genuine admiration, which is what Raph has for Naofumi. Raph doesn't love Naofumi because he's her captor, she loves him because he's her saviour. Big difference, try paying attention better.

In Raph's case, the slavery bind reformation is more like a marriage anyway, a restriction to a contract that you're not supposed to break. If it's voluntary then you have no right to complain. She has it as a symbol, but also if she were to ever be stuck again, she could trust him to give her the extra push using it if she needed it in a tough spot, but also to never abuse it due to that trust. Frankly, i can say with plenty confidence you have NO idea what it's like for someone to be the only good thing in your life, someone to have been your knight in shining armour when everything else around you is eroded and gone.

I just find all this so amusing, first world people sitting comfortable in their armchairs without a worry, scoffing and judging everything outside of their worldview.

Yourmom53 said:
DirectorK said:
GenesisAriaMar 28, 2019 11:00 PM

Mar 28, 2019 11:32 PM

May 2016
GenesisAria said:
Yourmom53 said:
Well yeah supporting a bad slave market has it's issues ofc. But if the slaves are there already, then buying them out is perfectly sensible. Trying to liberate them with your moral righteousness is just going to cause a mess and probably result in a lot of loss of life and other such in the process (can you personally support and rehabilitate that many slaves?), and not stop the business anyway, because it'd just come up again somewhere else. Whether or not you're supporting it is nebulous morality, because one could say even ignoring it is enabling it... So there's no real best answer.

Yourmom53 said:
That 95% is arbitrary and baseless. If you define ownership by the right criteria, then children are technically slaves to their parents in current society. Treating them as "property" is HIGHLY subjective.

In my case i would gladly be someone's property if it meant an easy life and especially if it meant i could have my research and stuff actively funded by their savings, as it would enable me to do my science, while earning my keep by benefitting them with my work for having me.

Yourmom53 said:
Naofumi isn't tryhard anything. He's just grouchy and irritated and wants to be left alone. The rage shield isn't even him, it's the dragon pissed off with him and he's throwing that at other shit.

Also, you can call anything a disorder or illness, that doesn't make it justified or valid; especially when you're not an expert making a professional diagnosis. There's a difference between a case of problematic infatuation that is hard to deal with, and genuine admiration, which is what Raph has for Naofumi. Raph doesn't love Naofumi because he's her captor, she loves him because he's her saviour. Big difference, try paying attention better.

In Raph's case, the slavery bind reformation is more like a marriage anyway, a restriction to a contract that you're not supposed to break. If it's voluntary then you have no right to complain. She has it as a symbol, but also if she were to ever be stuck again, she could trust him to give her the extra push using it if she needed it in a tough spot, but also to never abuse it due to that trust. Frankly, i can say with plenty confidence you have NO idea what it's like for someone to be the only good thing in your life, someone to have been your knight in shining armour when everything else around you is eroded and gone.

I just find all this so amusing, first world people sitting comfortable in their armchairs without a worry, scoffing and judging everything outside of their worldview.

Yourmom53 said:

Spot on. These people who live these comfortable lives fail to realize just how quickly they lose all that just with a snap of a finger and that they can lose their life in the process.
Mar 29, 2019 12:04 AM

Dec 2011
Alternate_Wraph said:
Draconalis said:
This is the first episode where I'm kinda disappointed. Glass wasn't immune to his cursed fire, that's why she switched to long range attacks in the source material. Also, they took the scene out where he straight steals that potion from Malty. That scene was so good, I'm sad they took it out.

Good point... maybe it wasn't an SP potion, or maybe she was carrying it for the spear. Or maybe that scene didn't happen in the web novel and the manga is just corrupting my memory on the matter.
Mar 29, 2019 3:22 AM
Jul 2012
Tasel said:
This is literally the first time in my life I regret watching an anime while it's airing instead of waiting for it to end and binge watch it.
Every time the episode ends it makes me want to kill myself knowing that I have to wait one more week for the next episode.

Same LOL. I needed a new anime to watch so I gave this one a try, but got so hooked on it I watched 11 episodes in two days (I usually only watch one anime episode a day). Now waiting a week feels like forever :S
When people tell me to stream anime on CR instead of downloading from fansub sites.

Mar 29, 2019 6:04 AM
Mar 2019
papsoshea said:
The gimmicks of this show are dead now, this episode was fucking trash! Halfway in and this story has become a hollow shell of whatever the author's original idea was. Zero substance or creativity beyond the gimmicks the story used in the first four episodes - rape accusation, slavery, everyone hates the main protagonist, injustice, the main protagonist is the weakest etc., just so it can set up the revenge porn, misery porn, and justice porn. Another episode of "ego stroke by proxy" anime. Muh relatable character! Muh self-insertion! Muh waifu willing to be enslaved!

A new enemy arrives and calls Naofumi the only worthy hero, while also calling the other heroes useless and his servants for the sake of having precious justice porn, for all the times he was humiliated for being useless and unneeded.

Then they go to battle with the new enemy (Glass) where the other heroes are useless, while Naofumi is the only one who uses tactics and not getting one-shot pwned for the sake of having precious justice porn, for all the times he was humiliated for being useless and unneeded.

Then the King (kind of) congratulates Naofumi for his efforts, but still acts like a complete edgelord asshole, and Naofumi mocks the King in the open because he knows he can't be punished now that he has proven to be the OP sue protagonist for the sake of having precious justice porn, for all the times he was humiliated for being useless and unneeded.

And the Princess loli (loli #3) pleads for Naofumi to return by admitting that he is amazing, and the OP sue character while the King is a complete asshole for the sake of having precious justice porn, for all the times he was humiliated for being useless and unneeded.

Some knight charges behind the loli princess back to assassinate her and the only one who is able to do something to save her is Naofumi, the others stand there like trees in a school play so the show can point out that Naofumi is the only one who can do shit in this awfully written series.

What was up with the visuals and background music in this episode? When Naofumi looked into the sky and you saw that fucking bird or whatever it was, check the CG on that. Iron Maiden CG is cringe-inducing. "Waves" are officially the most underwhelming thing when it comes to action sequences. And so much for the Shield Rage being something, he can only use when he's seething in rage and anger, but he casually taps into it again - in retrospect, it makes sense since he's an edgelord, and don't talk to me about the consequences because he is the main protagonist.

You have to wonder where Shield Trash can go from here. Naofumi already got his revenge, the whole world wants his D, how will the show keep tension until the final boss appears? And what can be done after that, get summoned to a different world and have another false rape claim thrown at him? At least SAO has it's different world via VR headset that can be used to go to any number of different dimensions.

SAO is just a rubbish anime filled with annoying porn scenes, ASUNA which is stripped naked and raped by monster NPC characters and a maniac sex man in the style of his vaginal tentacle adds a very bad impression of disgusting, is this annoying hentai anime, where you have to cry to see the beloved protagonist you were raped by a group of weak people and idiots, plus KIRITO itself can only cry seeing it all, really damn porn and you call anime tatee no yuusha porn, your brain is really broken, or you are just a stupid idiot, if you want to hate this anime drop it only, there is no need to bring story lies into public discussion because you are very childish and stupid
Mar 29, 2019 8:30 AM

Feb 2018
Princess almost get killed xD. Glass is very strong OMG.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2019

194 by Vinnicivs »»
Feb 24, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2019

543 by Addisonchim »»
Feb 19, 10:13 AM

» so why does he keep enslaving girls? ( 1 2 )

Nyron - Feb 5

97 by Frogdude59 »»
Feb 9, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2019

297 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 3, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2019

439 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 3, 8:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.