Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 27, 2019 1:55 AM

Feb 2019
http://www.fujicreative.co.jp/for_buyers/more_info/tabid/106/pdid/883/Default.aspx

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Mar 27, 2019 12:38 PM

Dec 2015
I don't know about Ikuhara guy - never watched any of his series (or dropped one at episode 1) - cause they did not seem interesting to me.

And only watching this one because of MAPPA. But 11 episodes (1-cour) seems got for me - for an experimental anime that could range everywhere from total bullshit to masterpiece.

(At least it won't be too much wasted time if it turns out to be crap and the season afterwards MAPPA will have time for lots of new stuffe with Dororo's 2nd cour ending as well.)

Hopefully it turns out to be a bit crazy - while still being able to maintain a somewhat decent plot ... like Puch Line from MAPPA.
Mar 27, 2019 2:31 PM

Jul 2012
Luthandorius said:
I don't know about Ikuhara guy - never watched any of his series (or dropped one at episode 1) - cause they did not seem interesting to me.

And only watching this one because of MAPPA. But 11 episodes (1-cour) seems got for me - for an experimental anime that could range everywhere from total bullshit to masterpiece.

(At least it won't be too much wasted time if it turns out to be crap and the season afterwards MAPPA will have time for lots of new stuffe with Dororo's 2nd cour ending as well.)

Hopefully it turns out to be a bit crazy - while still being able to maintain a somewhat decent plot ... like Puch Line from MAPPA.

You might want to watch some of his other stuff before this, not to be completely lost later on, for not knowing how he typically presents and executes all of his symbolism heavy stories, which are also packed with storytelling mindscrews.
Mar 30, 2019 9:43 AM

May 2015
The moment they announced the rest of noitamina’s line up for the rest of the year my hopes were shattered of this being 2 cour.

Agree with those that said that Ikuhara’s original projects need 2 cour... I just hope this doesn’t end up being another Yuri Kuma letdown.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Mar 31, 2019 9:24 PM
Apr 2016
zero-r said:
The moment they announced the rest of noitamina’s line up for the rest of the year my hopes were shattered of this being 2 cour.

Agree with those that said that Ikuhara’s original projects need 2 cour... I just hope this doesn’t end up being another Yuri Kuma letdown.

Apparently it was quite well-received at the pre-screening according to vague spoiler-free comments from people who have seen ep 1-3.
Apr 2, 2019 1:22 PM

Sep 2011
yeah this is a shame but kind of saw it coming, I dont think its doomed to fail cause of it though since this seems way more high energy and fast paced than some of his past works

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 4, 2019 4:54 PM
Nov 2018
11 episodes is a weird number, if ikuhara was cut for time he would have just made it 12 or 13 episodes like a normal cour but since its 11 episodes it could be intentional and the story doesnt need 2 cours. Or maybe they knew they would only get one cour and in order to make a solid story they didnt want to add extra unneeded stuff. I just dont see a reason why they it would be given strictly 11 episodes.
Apr 5, 2019 11:10 AM
Jul 2016
If you ask me it's 11 episodes because Ikuhara was hopelessly behind schedule and wasn't going to be ready by the normal start of the season (this week), therefore had to delay the start of the series by one week. The series has to end in time for the summer slot, hence 11 episodes.
Apr 8, 2019 1:54 PM

Aug 2014
Danpmss said:
Luthandorius said:

You might want to watch some of his other stuff before this, not to be completely lost later on, for not knowing how he typically presents and executes all of his symbolism heavy stories, which are also packed with storytelling mindscrews.

Agreed, Ikuhara stories are... specials. I would recommend that at least Mawaru before this (Utena would be better introduction to Ikuhara style, but the amount of episodes can scare people xD)
Apr 10, 2019 9:40 AM
Jul 2018
As much as I personally think Yuri Kuma wasn't bad, the fact that some stuff were under-developed (mostly on the characters) does make me feel concerned for his future stuff. Though, I'm hoping he can get this working well despite the episode count. Yuri Kuma was able to tell a competent story about the issues of Japanese society or maybe in general in regards to homosexuality, so maybe he can pull it off if he will focus on a message again.
Apr 15, 2019 12:13 AM

Oct 2017
Pylia said:

No please, why only 11 episodes? An Ikuhara anime needs its two-cour the least.

Although I wasn't displeased by Yuri Kuma's result, it still has shown symptoms of having too few time to develop its narrative accordingly, and now, Sarazanmai is even shorter with another episode cut off, so the staff has even less time to explore Sarazanmai's themes, I'm seriously concerned now.
Still, I'm hoping the best in any way possible.

This is probably why the list of casts look quite tiny because it'd be too much to tell a good story if there're too many characters. (3 mcs and 5 side casts )

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sarazanmai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2019

314 by Zam2202 »»
Dec 22, 2023 4:15 AM

Poll: » Sarazanmai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2019

186 by thegoishady »»
Aug 7, 2023 7:02 AM

Poll: » Sarazanmai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2019

140 by 3miL »»
Apr 29, 2023 10:06 PM

Poll: » Sarazanmai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2019

70 by nifetiseBOY »»
Feb 11, 2023 5:02 AM

» Is this tagged as yaoi?

FragileGlass - May 6, 2019

12 by Teirayo »»
Feb 25, 2022 3:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.