Forum Settings
Forums

'ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka' Anime Series Announces OVA

Mar 26, 9:32 PM
News Team
Overkilled Red

The rebroadcast of ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka (ACCA: 13-Territory Inspection Dept.)'s 12th and final episode on Wednesday ended with an announcement that an original video animation for the series is in production, as well as a musical stage reading, both titled ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka Regards.

The new episode will feature an anime original story that follows the events of the TV series. The production staff and cast members will return for the episode. Details regarding the content of the episode will be revealed at a later time.

The musical stage reading will take place at the Maihama Amphitheater in Chiba on October 12 and 13. The lead cast, consisting of Hiro Shimono, Kenjirou Tsuda, Aoi Yuuki, Junichi Suwabe, Kouji Yusa, Hikaru Midorikawa, Hiroki Yasumoto, and Tooru Ookawa, will perform as their respective characters.

ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka adapts Natsume Ono's police drama manga of the same title, which was serialized in Big Gangan between June 2013 and October 2016. Ono then launched the ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka P.S. side story in the same magazine in December that year, and ended it the following October.

Funimation licensed the anime series in North America and released it on a Blu-ray and DVD volume last April. Yen Press licensed the manga in April 2017, and published the sixth and final volume on February 26.

Announcement

Source: Comic Natalie

ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka - Regards on MAL
Modified by Vindstot, Mar 30, 9:06 AM

Mar 26, 9:36 PM
┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴

Thats a pretty random announcement but i'm happy we're getting a little bit more ACCA. Hope we will get subs fast when it will be out.

Mar 26, 9:37 PM
Well this is quite unexpected. Especially two years later. I never thought I’d see anything new from this show! I really enjoyed watching it back when it aired. I’m looking forward to this.

Mar 26, 10:32 PM

I am ready for one more episode about eating cakes, tarts and strawberries in the company of the most effeminate blond blokes I have ever seen living in german castles

Mar 26, 11:01 PM

lol what’s really funny to me is that I was just listening to the opening before bed and hoping for some sequel to the show and lo and behold, I refresh the news page and Bam! my dream comes true.
Can I touch you? Please I love you. Let me touch you, I love you!
Friend: How's school? Me: School gave me debt and my plant mold.

Mar 27, 5:32 AM
I only saw the first episode and dropped, you recommend it?

Mar 27, 5:52 AM

Time to watch tv series.

Mar 27, 7:51 AM
RayReynolds said:

Well it’s pretty slow paced and very dialogue heavy. It deals with political stuff and the main character is pretty monotone about every thing. I enjoyed and loved this show because it’s my type, but if you’re not into these sort of things, this it’s probably not for you.

Mar 27, 8:28 AM

Good news. I loved this show. Jean is awesome :)
Believe and act as if it were impossible to fail ― Charles F. Kettering

Mar 27, 1:46 PM

Really cool news.
眠れないのは君のせい

Mar 27, 4:48 PM
I welcome more ACCA and buddy-buddy moments.

Mar 27, 8:45 PM

This was a great show, hated how it ended. I'm really excited to see what happens in the OVA

Mar 28, 2:47 AM

OH YES!!! This is such a pleasant surprise - very unexpected and even more welcome!

RayReynolds said:
It's excellent, I strongly recommend you give it another go! :)

Shuhan said:
This was a great show, hated how it ended.
May I ask why? It seemed a pretty good ending to me...
Anime List

↳ click profile for recommendations

✨☆✨

Mar 28, 5:24 AM

More ACCA: 13 for me!

St. Patrick
PVRIS
White Noise

0:16 ──────────────── 4:20

⇆ㅤ↻ㅤㅤ◄ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ►ㅤㅤ❤ㅤ≡

Mar 28, 7:10 PM
Hokage King

Definitly looking forward to this, a most pleasant surprise. ACCA was one of the more underrated shows from a couple years back so I'm glad to get some expansion on those characters.

Mar 28, 8:14 PM

yay a ova. looking forward to this

Mar 29, 1:28 AM
You've made your position extremely clearly.

Mar 29, 7:25 PM

Now thats unexpected. Still hoping for a season 2 tho

Mar 30, 10:00 AM

Yes!! One of my dark horse anime

Mar 30, 4:45 PM

fullmetalbender said:
OH YES!!! This is such a pleasant surprise - very unexpected and even more welcome!

RayReynolds said:
It's excellent, I strongly recommend you give it another go! :)

Shuhan said:
This was a great show, hated how it ended.

I didn't like how they set up the coup d'état and just bailed on it at the end, seemed like the build up was for nothing. And I didnt like how the romance didnt go anywhere. I liked the anime tho.

Mar 30, 5:04 PM

Shuhan said:
fullmetalbender said:

I didn't like how they set up the coup d'état and just bailed on it at the end, seemed like the build up was for nothing. And I didnt like how the romance didnt go anywhere. I liked the anime tho.

I forget the details but it was the opposite for me. The 'bail out' not only made sense but also made for a better ending by not taking the expected route. But I understand you might've wanted a different ending.
For the romance however...it was never really going to be a central aspect much less conclusive, so I think it'd be a bit of a stretch to expect much from that anyway.
Anime List

↳ click profile for recommendations

✨☆✨

Jun 20, 12:16 AM

I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!