Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 26, 2019 1:39 PM

Sep 2013
Damn, this anime really butchered the 2nd half of season. It's a shame, I thought the first half was pretty entertaining. After that, everything felt like filler and not to mention these recap episodes for the finales were bad. Welp, 6/10.
Mar 26, 2019 2:02 PM

May 2018
artanblacknight said:
Why would you end your serie with a recap episode?

Season 2 has already been announced so why not use this as an episode 0 for season 2 instead off when people have already completed the serie and dont need a recap

top 10 questions scientists still cannot answer
Mar 26, 2019 2:49 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
CondemneDio said:
Recaps are shit, and always deserve 1/10.
Not always. Samurai Champloo's recap was absolutely hilarious and actually one of the best of the series.
Mar 26, 2019 2:53 PM

Jan 2013
GoldenDevilGamer said:
CondemneDio said:
Recaps are shit, and always deserve 1/10.
Not always. Samurai Champloo's recap was absolutely hilarious and actually one of the best of the series.

Giving recaps 1/10 is a core principle for me.
Mar 26, 2019 3:07 PM
Aug 2018
So this wasn't episode 25 of the main series?
Mar 26, 2019 3:09 PM
Mar 2016
It was a great episode! At least I learned something about a "new" Veldora. He is a tsundere, he likes shogi and hates it when he loses. Also, manga has evolved him and music seems to be a part of him too!

Finally, to not forget how powerful he is, the recap showed him being alerted to the girl which is damn cool
Mar 26, 2019 3:18 PM
Mar 2016
It was a great episode! At least the recap showed what they did during the whole arc and the character building of Veldora and his new playmate.

Also, the recap showed us an interesting side to him (singing a song, playing shogi and acting like he didnt lose and etc.)

Finally, I loved how the recap showed him being alerted to the girl which was great as firstly, it shows that Veldora is not a simpleton and secondly if I remember correctly, something will soon happen with the girl? and to end episode 25 with 'that' is impossible.
Mar 26, 2019 3:57 PM

Dec 2017
I feel like this was more enjoyable than the other special episode for sure. Anything new with Veldora is welcome to me tbh.
Mar 26, 2019 4:58 PM

Oct 2013
Terrible episode, just watched the dragon bits with Ifrit and skipped the recap.

This whole boring second half dropped the show from a 6 to a 5/10 imo
Mar 26, 2019 5:57 PM

Mar 2018
The 5 min recap at Ep.23 was way better than this one.
Mar 26, 2019 7:34 PM
Mar 2017
Veldora at it's finest! All I can say is this Anime is freaking awesome best Isekai for me looking forward for the next season.

10/10
Mar 26, 2019 7:55 PM

Oct 2015
tr25a3 said:
So this wasn't episode 25 of the main series?
It is and it is an extra recap episode!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 26, 2019 9:47 PM

Jul 2016
Uhm... this wasn't exactly what I expected when I said I was hoping to "see" Verudora again. Not to mention that the episode wasn't as entertaining as I thought it would be either but well, at least I learned that Verudora can read Rimuru's memories, that Ifrit isn't that evil and that he also empathized with Shizue's struggle at some point.

All in all, it was an average recap episode but I was expecting something different aside from just listening to Verudora and Ifrit's talk in the background. That said, at least when the second season arrives, this episode will be the perfect answer whether I need to recall some events or not. 4/10
Mar 27, 2019 12:39 AM

Aug 2012
Some say this was episode 25. Will there be a proper episode 25 then?
Mar 27, 2019 1:37 AM

Aug 2014
Not sure if a recap was even necessary after all of this, but Veldora/Ifrit commentary was at least entertaining to hear.

I think now that it's over, I'll check out the manga.
Mar 27, 2019 7:42 AM

Mar 2016
So, was this the last episode or is there another last episode?
Mar 27, 2019 8:31 AM

Jun 2015
Kimurah said:
vipergod said:

cmon mate u r not making any sense! its ep 24.5 and ppl are upset after watching it bcuz it was a recap! but we already knew that its gonna be a recap! if u dont like it just dont watch it! it was a Ova or whatever!

What do you mean I'm not making any sense? it's a threat stablished with plenty of time and the one getting the punch would obviously get upset. I could swap the setting with a goverment announcing a new tax with a 6 month notice and people would still be upset once they reached the dateline and be forced to pay the taxes. No one likes taxes and at the same time, no one likes recaps becase they are unnecesary and a season finale it's a terrible choice by the production staff. They could just ended it on episode 24 or better yet use that airing slot to add one more episode to the final arc with Shizu's kids and push over episode 24 as a finale episode 25.

Why are fanboys like you so butthurt that they don't want to hear negative or contrairan opinions? "it's gonna be a recap, just don't watch it" of course people are going to watch it AND JUDGE IT, it's in our right of freedom of speech.

Probably the funniest or lamest I should say, is how YOU claim that you're ok with different opinions, but here you are, whinning and moaning like a little kid because others didn't like an expected recap

vipergod said:

well as said i have no problems with different opinions but some times i see patterns which is really weird . this dude was the first bad reviews in slime page but i can give u much better examples!
ill make it clear once again im not saying all bad review on popular shows are fake but some certainly are fake.

as u can see REtard they changed the episode name to Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken - Kanwa: Verudora Nikki!
how hard is it for u to understand its not series finale!? its a special recap episode! the series ended with episode 23 and we got +1 original episode!
SAY IT AFTER ME KID:ITS A SPECIAL RECAP EPISODE NOT THE SEASONS FINALE!
Mar 27, 2019 3:34 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Man, that was an interesting way to pull off a recap, I guess it doesn't count as one if it had some new information? I don't know. At least, visually. We didn't get a lot of new content but it was great and fun, would have thought Irfit was so chill and easy going, he and Veldorayalikethat are going to be besties sooner than later.
Mar 29, 2019 10:03 AM

Jan 2014
okay so we still have one episode left to watch, right? since this episode 24.5 are separate list
Mar 29, 2019 10:09 AM

Jan 2013
Abyhape said:
okay so we still have one episode left to watch, right? since this episode 24.5 are separate list

This shitty recap was the last one.
Mar 29, 2019 10:19 AM

Jan 2014
CondemneDio said:
Abyhape said:

This shitty recap was the last one.

damn, it sure leave a bad taste
Mar 29, 2019 10:41 PM

Oct 2008
Veldora is a goof HAHAHA!

Mar 31, 2019 8:22 AM

May 2015
Aaaandddd we wait for s2 now.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 31, 2019 3:37 PM

Nov 2018
That Veldora x Ifrit though. Wasn't bad, got some dialogues which made me chuckle.
Apr 2, 2019 1:35 AM

Feb 2013
Fede_5000 said:
Could have ended with some more relaxing episodes instead of ending with a compressed arc, but had no orders to adapt the whole sleeve so that...?

and continuing with the list of stupid decisions like:
-Give berserk a studio that only made moe anime shorts
-Fire Tatsuki from the anime he directed and it resulted in a success.
-Change the studio from one punch man (an anime that was a success) to a mediocre one with lower animation and with less time for them to work

and you know who is to blame for all that? That's right the damn animation committee who is always fucking the anime with their stupid and arbitrary decisions, people who surely have no interest in animation and industry, who think that they are all otaku shit who swallow anything, really This system is the one that ruins all the good animes or what could have been better. Tensura is a good manga / novel, it hurts that this does not do it justice.

The fact that you think that production committee is a single entity is hilarious. Man, every committee is different and literally every one of them which are adapting something have the publisher of the manga or novel in 90% of the times funding and being part of it, which was the case of Kodansha (manga publisher) and Micro Magazine (LN publisher).
Apr 2, 2019 5:25 AM
Jul 2016
I was kind of hoping Veldora to comment something about when that spirit entered Chloe's body..
Apr 3, 2019 1:27 PM

Dec 2018
Fede_5000 said:
Could have ended with some more relaxing episodes instead of ending with a compressed arc, but had no orders to adapt the whole sleeve so that...?

and continuing with the list of stupid decisions like:
-Give berserk a studio that only made moe anime shorts
-Fire Tatsuki from the anime he directed and it resulted in a success.
-Change the studio from one punch man (an anime that was a success) to a mediocre one with lower animation and with less time for them to work

and you know who is to blame for all that? That's right the damn animation committee who is always fucking the anime with their stupid and arbitrary decisions, people who surely have no interest in animation and industry, who think that they are all otaku shit who swallow anything, really This system is the one that ruins all the good animes or what could have been better. Tensura is a good manga / novel, it hurts that this does not do it justice.

The fact that you think that production committee is a single entity is hilarious. Man, every committee is different and literally every one of them which are adapting something have the publisher of the manga or novel in 90% of the times funding and being part of it, which was the case of Kodansha (manga publisher) and Micro Magazine (LN publisher).

confirmed that it is the system itself that is wrong
Apr 9, 2019 9:51 AM
Jun 2016
Veldora and Ifrit recapping while playing Shogi. Even though not much was presented new it was pretty funny. Veldora such a cheater lol
Apr 11, 2019 9:30 PM

May 2013
Aw. Unlike you guise, I thought it was a pretty fun way to do a recap :3

Although I do agree, had it been an OVA ep instead, it prolly would've been better.

But O whales. What can ya do? :X

6/10-- Fine.
May 14, 2019 8:24 AM
Jan 2017
Ok I Love the anime

but this episode just sucked. I mean you get 1 funny joke of Valdora challenging ifrit to shogi, and you dont even get to see them play shogi u just see a recap of everything we JUST SAW.

the anime I'd give a 10/10
this episode is a 1/10
Jun 25, 2019 8:31 PM

Apr 2007
Honestly I would have preferred watching Veldora play shougi with Ifrit rather than this be a recap. Though the conversations were still golden.

Also I wasn't aware Ifrit could even talk before this episode .-.
Nov 29, 2019 8:12 AM

Oct 2013
It was a fine episode full of humour and extra scenes of Veldora and Ifrit playing shogi. We could also listen to them talking about stuff that happened throughout the series and of course about shogi they kept on playing for months.

I liked this episode. It was neither a genuine recap nor a non-filler episode, but I liked it nevertheless. Mostly for its lighthearted atmosphere. :)

Too bad we didn't have more scenes with them playing shogi, but at least we were we able to hear Ifrit's voice.

Oct 28, 2020 10:03 PM

Apr 2020
I noticed that it's been 11 months since someone posted on this forum. Well I'm gonna say something about this, since I watched it today.

Now at the time of writing, Season 2 is just two months away. Also I've finished the whole 24-episode series and went straight to this recap episode. So how's the recap? It's fucking shit. The last recap episode I watched was for DanMachi's second season. And recaps tend to be hated on, but in my opinion, the DanMachi recap was better and it was fun to watch. Here in the other hand, it's not.

We're in Veldora's perspective after Ifrit was swallowed by Rimuru. Now this is pretty much the last time we saw our tsundere dragon in the series, so I was hoping for a comedic recap. Turns out it was so dull!

Yeah we do get shots of Rimuru and the gang throughout the series in this recap, but my god they're silent. Instead we get a voice over of Ifrit and Veldora playing shogi, while being treated with some visuals that are unrelated. Veldora does talk about the events of the series as it plays out. But they're few, brief and scattered throughout the runtime.

I was disappointed by this episode. It felt like 8bit just threw away some shots, did some shogi scenes and just let two VA's do some voice-overs in the animation. I was almost giving it the same treatment I did with Mirai Nikki: Redial (3/10), but in the end it was just a throwaway episode.

The main series were fun times to me. It eased from the stress that I've gotten throughout this month and it was a wholesome adventure with enjoyable action and comedic scenes, so with that it gets a 9/10. The recap bored me to hell and hope I'll never watch this before the 2nd season premieres in January. This recap episode gets a 4/10.
Jan 13, 2021 10:28 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Its really a usual recap that covered a fuckin 24 episodes into one usual episode. Phew!

Still, i never expect Ifrit had such a well placed conversation with Veldora. Its a comedic purposes afterall, so its just fine. Here i thought Veldora would be look more fierceful against Ifrit. But, nope, he still a fun dragon afterall, with a good laugh in one and another. And they played a fuckin Shogi. And Veldora cheated.

Such a shame, this episode didn't detailed his feeling toward Chloe when the anime itself showed something happened on him from the inside. Not much teasing, eh? However, Veldora still able to do his last line, before closing the show. Ah, one more thing: congratulations for the win, Ifrit. You deserved that shit, after being devoured. Lol.
5/10.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 7, 2021 11:36 AM

Mar 2019
Interesting recap from Veldora's perspective, but a recap is a recap after all and it did feel kind of boring.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

May 22, 2021 5:12 AM

May 2020
I like how they are talking apart from the summary it self. Seems like they really enjoy talk anything abou Rimuru freely. Feels like thanks to Rimuru make them gathered in the same space. not boring recap it was fun.
Jul 8, 2021 8:55 AM

Apr 2009
Hmm so this is counted as separate from the season 1 of the TV series? Oh well watched it anyway, I thought it was OK.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 21, 2022 7:27 PM

Jul 2017
I really enjoyed this. Could easily be its own series lmao.

Sep 9, 2022 6:27 AM
Nov 2021
this is just everything what hapened in season 1
Jan 13, 2023 8:42 AM

Jul 2015
Aside from the recap afterwards, it was a little bit interesting to see what transpired between Veldora and Ifrit although I did not expect them to play shogi.

Oct 19, 2023 11:39 AM

Nov 2010
So, this is what happened after Ifrit got swallowed up. Lonely Veldora wanted a companion. Haha! Veldora tries to cheat on Ifrit, but Ifrit is smarter than he looks. He learned to play shogi fast, too.

I'm looking forward to Rimuru facing that female disciple of Shizu. I hope she'll give Rimuru a run for his money.

They are lucky Rimuru got reincarnated in that world because if it were me and with that much power, I would r*pe that world and enslave everyone, especially the beautiful women. Haha! However, I will give them a handicap and sometimes lose to make things interesting. It will be boring if I destroy everything from the get-go.

It's a good summary. It showed all the important scenes to bring me up to speed. It's been over two years since I last saw S1. I remember all the important happenings and the last few episodes that bored me. Hopefully, S2 will be better.
Apr 2, 10:38 AM

Jun 2014
This is how you do a recap, take notes other isekai.
Apr 3, 10:53 PM

May 2015
Veldora and Ifrit, what a pair! This was a pretty funny and unique way to do a recap. I enjoyed it.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» This recap wasn't boring

giraffesyo - Mar 29, 2019

9 by DiamondTMZ »»
Mar 31, 9:41 AM

» the recap was pretty boring

dokuseiz - Mar 26, 2019

12 by sharosharo »»
May 22, 2021 5:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.