Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Kakegurui×× Episode 12 Discussion

Mar 30, 2019 2:58 AM

I wonder if Netflix will be enough to get another season again. Hopefully manga concludes Election arc before it.

Mar 30, 2019 8:04 AM
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Ok, so in the end Rei Batsubami gets back into the Momobami clan, even though she lost twice to Yumeko.

She looks pretty in her feminine out fit.

Personally, I prefer her 2nd form. She looks so cool, tho... Honestly, I thought she was a boy until she got the hair pin. Well, she might not be the joker but she definitely the Jack.

Mar 30, 2019 8:10 AM
season two and Suzui still has the personality of a wet blanket...

Mar 30, 2019 10:04 AM
What a steaming pile of garbage was this season, i wish it was never made

Mar 30, 2019 2:10 PM

--ALEX-- said:
Oooooooohhhhhh K

I think it’s episodes like this why Kaiji will reign supreme in the “gambling anime” genre.

The biggest problem with this anime (IMO) is that it lacks a clear motivational drive for the MC.

I’m not saying it’s bad per se, but for us the audience we want to see MORE than just “oh, she’s a crazy gambling girl who gets off to this shit” type of stuff....at least I do.

This anime series is fun and all...and I DO like Yumeko....but it falls short.

What I wouldn’t give for another season of Kaiji and his crazy adventures!

Anyways, 7/10 for this season, it was fun and all...but until I see something more, all the interesting aspects of this anime simply won’t do it justice.

P.S...Suzui or whatever the fuck that dude’s name is, might be the most pointless male character I’ve ever seen in any anime, I fully understand that he’s in the series to give the audience a SANE character to “relate” to, but they give him almost NOTHING to do other than be a cheerleader or say how crazy Yumeko is or whatever.

Kaiji and kakegurui are basically in different genres.

Mar 30, 2019 2:11 PM

Deknijff said:
yeah I don't get the point of Rei in Kakegurui at all
not at all
Im even willing to say she was truly a pointless character

It's because she's an anime original character

Mar 30, 2019 2:18 PM

Abusaeed said:
Deknijff said:
yeah I don't get the point of Rei in Kakegurui at all
not at all
Im even willing to say she was truly a pointless character
It's because she's an anime original character
Ive read the manga so I'm very well aware of that

Mar 30, 2019 3:38 PM

I had a feeling that Rei was a girl from the beginning. I prefer her second form too!

Mar 30, 2019 9:16 PM

Weird, this whole season felt like a build-up to me. I was waiting the whole time for Yumeko and the Prez's marriage proposal showdown, but then Rei came into the picture and suddenly it was about her the whole time? Nani? Who the hell is Rei?!

Well, I guess that means there's a chance for another season. Or rather, I hope there is one because there are too many loose ends as is...

Mar 30, 2019 11:48 PM

Basically Aizen got owned from miraculous 1 vote bids, which had no reason to happen but happened anyway.

Why would anyone thought Rei was a guy? It never even occurred to me lol. She's a chick to me right from the start.

The ending was confusing as well. That 3 billion belonged to Yumeko. What did Rei even wage? She's already a Batsubami. Never mind that, Yumeko won that one again, so what does it even mean? Why did it look like Rei won???
<GENERIC SIGNATURE>

Mar 31, 2019 12:27 AM
I don't care about anything, I just want to see yumeko craziness, muwahahaha lol

Mar 31, 2019 3:25 AM

Not a clue as to what happened. But still liked this season
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone

Mar 31, 2019 5:27 AM

So Yumeko won at the end.
I guess we will have another season sometime in the future.
I enjoyed more first season, 6/10.

Mar 31, 2019 8:30 AM

I wanna read the manga. Ιf i continue to chapter 56 will i lost something?

Mar 31, 2019 11:00 AM
So is it true that the final episodes were anime original and they didn't follow the manga?
Can anyone confirm this?

Mar 31, 2019 11:27 AM
They really did rei dirty in the end.

Mar 31, 2019 6:42 PM

Rei is a pointeless character and even more when she revealed her true intentions like fuck. For 2 seconds only Yumeko's puppy guy payed attention but abruptly everyone in the room didnt give a shit kkk.

These lasts eps were really the worst, didnt make any progess in the story just some random weird faces and random hentai stuff ¬¬

Mar 31, 2019 6:47 PM

This finale was like last season's finale, boring and anime original.

Apr 1, 2019 6:01 AM
Unless they make another season, 5/10. That definitely did not feel like a proper ending. Most things have not progressed far enough and are still inconclusive in my opinion.

I am surprised people are suprised about Rei being a girl. I suspected it from her excessive wooing of girls and undying professional etiquette. These types of characters always dress up in a black suit and at least have some masculine features because they are meant to be fan service characters for girls. The lack of this made me suspicious.
Modified by eWEQRW123123, Apr 1, 2019 6:22 AM

Apr 1, 2019 7:37 AM

BestJo said:
So is it true that the final episodes were anime original and they didn't follow the manga?
Can anyone confirm this?

Rei was anime original character. Election arc is still ongoing in manga.

Apr 1, 2019 7:41 AM
Wow,, i dont realize that the season was over in this state,, after batsubami lose and she become herself without total chained to her family,,
bu for the ending im stll wondering that something epic here ,just wait for next season,,
but wtf Yumeko lose so much after win again batsubami,,
the final scene that batsubami become girl is not bad,, but the she more cute when she was little girl..
6/10

Apr 1, 2019 10:39 AM

Last arc was complete garbage all that Rei is last boss teasing the entire season meant nothing.Pretty predictable gamble twist they were 'communicating' , insert tragic past 'character development'...I don't know why this anime has bad conclusion arcs it was same for the first season.
Still love Yumeko/Hayamin's ''Kakegurui masho!'' and Yumeko in general.My sole reason to watch this show.

Apr 1, 2019 7:20 PM

I enjoyed the first season more.

The gamblings of this season were in general kind of boring to catch... they were mostly based in numbers and cards.

Rei's arc was somewhat rushed? I mean, I presume that that the person Rei was looking for is Yumeko's mother? Just giving small hints wasn't satisfactory for me >< A better flashback or something would be welcome for a better enlightenment of the situation.

Still, an enjoyable anime... those expressions are priceless.

S1 8/10
S2 7/10

Modified by Vi-, Apr 1, 2019 7:27 PM

Apr 2, 2019 7:42 AM
The main reason I watched the entire series is because of those Facial Expressions that they make it was just freaking awesome. I hope Season 3 will be like "Kakegurui XXX"

9/10

Apr 2, 2019 2:29 PM

From 10/10 to 8/10. The filler chapter didn't make sense.

Apr 2, 2019 9:07 PM

Was it as good as the first season? Eh, not so much. Though that's not to say I didn't like it.

I think the mix of all the clan characters, as well as the full reveal of Kirari's shy twin was good. I think that Batsubami was also well done for an original character. Really brought a different dynamic in since she kind of represented the dark side of the Momobami clan fucking people over.

I think the only things the show could've done better, were maybe taking a break from the gambling to include some more scenes that delved into the different clan members a bit, and brought a little more explanation about all of the in-fighting and whatnot. And just some more details about the characters themselves. We got a minimal amount of back story on which ever ones were involved in the particular gamble, but not much else. This would've been nice considering the characters themselves were diverse, with some being definitely more sinister and others actually being fairly kind.

Also Suzui took a bit of a back seat. Was hoping to see him develop a bit more as a character after the finale of the first season. I feel like he got cucked by Mary saving the day during the card game match where Yumeko got poisoned. And his 10 votes in the auction were lost immediately. I obviously never want him to take the spotlight over Yumeko, but I'd hoped (and still hope) that he can get a better sense for gambling and the cheating being used and develop into a proper side kick-ish character for her.

I still think my favorite episode was the side gamble with Yumeko vs Sayaka and Kirari reaffirms her affection for her in a roundabout way. Manyuda coming back to his senses was pretty good too.

They left the door open for a season 3, and I hope they do. I fucking love the series no matter what, plus I'm definitely interested to see how this sutdent council election/clan war ends. It'll clearly be Kirari, Yumeko, Terano, Mary, and Ririka, but who knows how many plot twists they'll throw at us.

I gave the first season a 9, so this one will probably come in at an 8 for me.

--ALEX-- said:
Oooooooohhhhhh K

The biggest problem with this anime (IMO) is that it lacks a clear motivational drive for the MC.

I’m not saying it’s bad per se, but for us the audience we want to see MORE than just “oh, she’s a crazy gambling girl who gets off to this shit” type of stuff....at least I do.

I'm sure her true intentions will be revealed down the line. Of course her main prerogative is her love of gambling, but this season we learned she's a side clan of the main branch, and we learned in the last episode her mother lost a bet against the main clan, was sick, and was the person Batsubami admired. So I'm sure that revelation will come into play later.

CondemneDio said:

Non-sense gambles that are won by plot armor and cheating, cardboard cut-out characters, and ugly goat faces.

Actually it's kind of the opposite. Half the people setting up the gambles are cheating, and then they get beat by people who are smart enough to see through the bullshit.

DedPanda said:
Too bad this shit went original again for its final two weeks. I wouldn't expect a season 3 for a long time unless it is a completely original script just based on the concept of the series or a route written by the author as a one-off.

I mean the first season had an original ending but they still roped the story back on track for the second season. This season ended anime only as well, but Batsubami's original character is more of a side story within the election. So although it's original it doesn't really detract from the main election arc. More of a filler because they probably couldn't stretch it out to 12 episodes with the content available. Though S3 probably won't happen for a while since they're 99% caught up to the manga.
Modified by Jonesy974, Apr 2, 2019 9:15 PM

Apr 2, 2019 10:14 PM

I don't get it. The election isn't over and they put this Rei story out of nowhere in the ending...

Overall story good tho except for this confusing ending

Apr 2, 2019 11:38 PM

Jonesy974 said:

CondemneDio said:

Non-sense gambles that are won by plot armor and cheating, cardboard cut-out characters, and ugly goat faces.

Actually it's kind of the opposite. Half the people setting up the gambles are cheating, and then they get beat by people who are smart enough to see through the bullshit.

Which I interpret as plot armor, because the gamble's are totally removed from reality.

Apr 3, 2019 12:01 AM

CondemneDio said:
Jonesy974 said:

Which I interpret as plot armor, because the gamble's are totally removed from reality.

I mean, not too much. Maybe the level of cheating is exaggerated, but cheating in itself is pretty rampant in actual gambling.

Apr 4, 2019 8:17 AM

Kirari Momobami is actually a good person with twisted cold personality. She lets Rei rejoined Momobami clan even after she lost in her own gambling.

Can't agree more, the finale felt a lil bit weak and anticlimactic, but the whole series is still enjoyable nonetheless. S3 coming up next year i presume ?

Overallscore 7/10

Apr 4, 2019 12:46 PM

My biggest surprise was Rei being a girl!!! Second was that the girl that gave her the gift was probably Yumeko's sister!

I want more!!!

Apr 4, 2019 5:08 PM

Decent finale I guess.

For the series as the whole, it's pretty much more of the same but I do enjoy the some of the gambles and watching Yumeko wreck everyone so yeah, fairly entertaining. Not to mention, the huge points for Hayami Saori. XD

7/10

Apr 5, 2019 11:59 PM

Wow finally done. I think it was a good finale just because the story is almost caught up with the manga. Literally at the teaser, there's only few chapters and it's basically on par with the manga.

The original last 2 episodes is just there to prolong and end the season with a bang. Similar to what happened with S1. Last episode was a Anime original episode with Jabami vs Kirari which has yet to happen in the manga.

Anyways, I'm curious about Rei's role and the potential it has on Manga. She hasn't appeared yet at all, though the Anime makes her a very connection with Jabami's close relative(who could be her mother).

I think it gives us a glimpse of what Jabami's mother look like and why she became addicted to gambling. I wouldn't be surprise if Jabami's addiction did came from her mother since she lost it all.

Also, I'm not sure who voiced Jabami's mother. But she sounds awfully lot like Mamiko Noto. Though it could be Saori Hayami herself since both of them sound similar at times.

Anyways, This definitely gave more perspective on what's to come in the Manga. Do remember that we barely saw any Jabami's flashback with her Mother or her means of addiction. So this is interesting in itself.

I'm definitely going to miss the crew :( As for Season 3. As much as I badly want it. I won't be surprise if we have to wait for 2+ years. Manga is really really slow right now. I won't be surprise if Rei gets reduced to just a bystander now. Now that she got her way of living back.

I enjoyed it! I give it a 8 or 9/10 Just because I fucking love the manga :)

Guess we can also watch the Live Action TV Series which will also have its own original movie plot ^^

https://twitter.com/kakegurui_jp/status/1114075201170485253
Modified by SomaHeir, Apr 6, 2019 12:33 AM

Apr 6, 2019 12:20 PM
I don't get why they let batsubami join the clan after losing twice.
Also why was jabami losing consecutively at the end???

Apr 9, 2019 10:18 AM

I'm surprised at how this anime still has a score 0f 7.44 when so many people here are complaining about its mediocrity and giving it a 6/10 or lower.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.

Apr 9, 2019 1:40 PM

It was decent. I rate as 6/10.

We eat the mango! ... Or are we?
Join the weirdest club on MAL today!

🐶🌻🐱

Apr 10, 2019 10:02 PM

I didn't understand all the games and some of the gamlings from the later episodes. But I liked the orgasmic faces 8/10 now I'll fo read the manga.
"Even if there's a wide world and stories
beyond the main focus, I don't think
it's necessary to end with the protagonist having
been involved in everything." - Yagi Norihiro

Houseki no Kuni Club

Apr 11, 2019 1:40 PM
The beginning of the episode was undoubtedly interesting, knowing Rei's past and how she ended up like she is now was nice touch, but I am intrigued to know who is the woman who gives the pin to Rei, it is clear that she is from the Jabami family with that intense red color in her eyes and that hair color and hairstyle, but I am intrigued to know if she is Yumeko's sister, but the point is that Rei wants to avenge the person who took her attention and gave her hope when she already had lost them.
Rei prepared everything for this last gamble to get the chance to beat the Momobami family, it's amazing how she got her tokens, all the female students that fell in love with Rei bet and she won the tokens to offer them in this auction that ended up being a trap.
The more dangerous the gamble gets, the more crazy and excited Yumeko feels and the more irrational and impulsive her actions are, but these same actions cause the rest of the gamblers to join in the madness.
Yumeko achieved that the plans of Rei go against her and she begins to despair when she see how she loses her tokens and finally ends up losing, leaving Rei in depression.
Yumeko still insists that Rei continue gambling, Yumeko's wicked smile while she says gambles are her reason for living gave me chills. Indeed, the woman who gave the pin to Rei as a child was Yumeko's older sister and seeing Yumeko as a child is so cute, but seeing her intense red eyes is a bit scary.
I would have liked to be in Rei's place and have my face buried in Yumeko's breasts.
Rei and Yumeko decide to make a last gamble, where they will bet everything they have, Rei all the money that she won from Yumeko and Yumeko will bet her name and her existence as Jabami Yumeko and the most ridiculous is that the winner will be decided with a coin toss, face or cross.
We see that Ririka bets against another member of the Momobami family while they talk about what happened with the previous gamble, on the other hand Kirari is with Rei to sign something that will ensure her freedom.
Then we learned from Suzui and Sumeragi that Yumeko was the winner, although we see her happily betting and losing and we see how a familiar face gives Yumeko the good morning, Rei looks beautiful now that she dresses and looks like a "normal" girl.

To be an original ending, I feel that it lacked intensity, the previous season I felt the same, but I think that this final was better than that of the first season.
Again another season of Kakegurui ends and was very intense in some moments, they gave us entertaining moments, but the end has arrived, without doubts this does not seem the end, but a see you later, since there were still several members of the Momobami family in the competition, in addition to not yet finish the elections to elect the new president of the student council.
I give 9/10 this season, no doubt the original ending was decent, but I feel that some episodes came out in order that I personally did not like, especially the tower of the doors, which were left in the last episodes and that took away the weight to the tremendous gamble between Yumeko and Sayaka. I will miss the sensual and lunatic Yumeko, so well Mary who now has Ririka as a friend.

Apr 12, 2019 1:07 PM

honestly i would have been happy for this to only have 10 eps cause those was amazing as for these last 2 eps wow was they really bad

besides that rating for this the real season being ep 1 - 10

i loved every bit it so giving it a 10 imo almost took away point because of ep 11 and 12 but i'll just act like those last 2 eps never happen

with that said of course i would love a season 3 when they can make it as from what i found out needs more source material but yeah when they can i would love a new season but would be nice if they just keep out the fillers and if that means just 10 eps im all for that
"one step at a time"

Apr 19, 2019 7:36 AM

Very impressed with this season, didn't like s1 much. The plot fell in perfectly with the show and played to all of its strength, interesting characters too, really hope for a s3. 7.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime

Apr 26, 2019 10:54 AM
I did like the end but it deffently felt a bit empty.
I really look forward to the 3rd season

May 5, 2019 1:37 PM

Well I enjoyed the current season but the end was like "Wtf where did the last ep go"
Either way I thought from the beginning that Rei was a woman but the scene with the bully girls kinda messed a little with my judgment - perfectly played Rei, perfectly!

May 6, 2019 10:25 AM

Well, first season was way better, this one was rather boring. Well, Yumeko won, again, how dull...

May 23, 2019 7:36 PM

Loved the 1st season so much...this one though...very disappointing. I don't get Suzui's role in this season...didn't even make any sense to have him sit in the auction if he has essentially no votes. Why so much filler? Should have waited to adapt if not enough source material to make it thru an entire cour even....

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"

Jun 16, 2019 6:33 PM
Quite a strange ending...I really hope we get another season because there is so much thing left untold. Even if according to some here there is sadly not enough material for this season to be soon.

The thing that stay in my mind the most is the fact that Yumeko start loosing all her votes at the end. Like what is the logic behind that? I really don’t get it. I feel like it’s not the best way to end a season especially when the next one (if there is one) is unlikely to arrive soon. It’s just that there is too many untold for me. It's just not satisfactory.

Jun 16, 2019 9:04 PM

I always felt like there was some mystery in Rei’s character, but the divergence from the source material makes me weary for what season 3 will be about. There isn’t really a resolve for this season which makes me feel uneasy. Hopefully there will be some more source material before season three comes out, I wouldn’t want the anime to completely diverge or discontinue, there is still so much more to explore!

Though we have parted
Should I hear the sounds
Of your pines on Mount Inaba
Where the pine trees grow
I shall come back to you again
—No.16 (小倉百人一首) ©

Jun 23, 2019 11:06 PM
DieuMivas said:
Quite a strange ending...I really hope we get another season because there is so much thing left untold. Even if according to some here there is sadly not enough material for this season to be soon.

The thing that stay in my mind the most is the fact that Yumeko start loosing all her votes at the end. Like what is the logic behind that? I really don’t get it. I feel like it’s not the best way to end a season especially when the next one (if there is one) is unlikely to arrive soon. It’s just that there is too many untold for me. It's just not satisfactory.

I agree, I find it really strange how she was losing so much at the end, she never loses, so what the heck was happening?

Jun 25, 2019 8:41 PM

Rei revealed that “her” family lost his position and she became a low class, but someone (Yumeko’s relative) started to see her more like a person and gave her a hair clip, suddenly this person lost a gamble and everything, so Rei decided to recover her family and that person’s honor. In the auction, Yumeko started to bet the maximum, so other people supported her, ending betting just one coin every auction, so in the end Rei lost. Yumeko (ecstasy) demanded her last gamble and they bet (Rei’s money and Yumeko’s last name), a coin was tossed and Yumeko won. The next day, Ririka was challenged by a girl; Rei received a last name and remained in her female attire.

I’m disappointed, not about the way Rei’s character was built through the anime, but the way they transformed her into the villain (it’s a she, by the way), it was ok for she to receive a lot of coins from her fans from the night to the morning, but suddenly she had a stupid reason to be all mad and took Terano’s position as the final boss. And what about Terano and Kirari, they were just talking instead of playing the future of their clans, that is what they sold me at the beginning of the anime. Just disappointing, even, the last coin toss wasn’t in screen.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jun 30, 2019 5:43 PM

I can say I want to see what happened next. I mean, the election isnt finished. I want to see more from this. If they don't anounce third season, I will begin reading the manga.

Jul 2, 2019 4:13 PM
Okay this wasn’t that bad. I give it a 6/10. But the first season was waaay better in my opinion....

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »