Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kakegurui - Compulsive Gambler -
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 8, 2019 1:03 PM
Jul 2018
i enjoyed this season even if there were some boring episodes, i liked most characters. this season made me understand that i absolutely love mary.
Jul 15, 2019 4:53 AM

Jan 2019
This season was so obvious since the start of the first episode

Don’t get me wrong I don’t mind having an op MC but sometimes I want to see the underdog rise up and by that I mean Suzui.

He’s literally is just so dam useless even after being trampled on by that blonde girl in season one he doesn’t stand up for himself. What I was hoping to see was maybe have Suzui win somehow in this last episode and then have him on top that way we see the underdog vs the op MC later on.

Aug 11, 2019 1:09 PM

May 2017
As a fanservice fan , need more fanservice, that tsundere blonde keep blushing when she talk with the boy, even if she was siting on him on first ep lol
The short haired one look to much cute to not get raped by anime rules XD

No drunk gamble, no nude gamble, i know its not a perverted anime, but tsundere blonde are to much cute !

Yumeko...shes hiding something from us, i dont get her character, i think she did a kind of gamble before entering the school
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Aug 18, 2019 7:23 AM
Jul 2018
Although it wasn't like manga but i enjoyed it. 7/10
Nov 8, 2019 1:51 AM

Aug 2018
Fucking fuck i thought Rei is a boy xD
Nice bait btw

I dont know most people preferred S1 but for me i like S2 more cuz i find it more interesting and fun.Theres so many characters in this season and i love most of them.I really like the gambles in S2 compared to S1 but ending of S1 was much better.

In OP, both are actually good, at first i didnt like S2 op but as each ep pass by i fall inlove to it

I want more after watchin this season and after each ep im like cravin for more because im enjoying it a lot.

Hoping for S3 for more Kirari and Jabami!
Also i want to see Terano how the way she gamble
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Nov 14, 2019 1:05 AM

Aug 2018
Best season loved every episode of it man I wait for season 3
Nov 18, 2019 10:23 PM

Apr 2012
couldnt ray have bid 2 votes against the 1 vote bids 2 up the price like she did b4?
Dec 30, 2019 1:41 PM

Nov 2014
I have to admit I liked it more than 1st season. All those new characters were unusually likeable, without any cheap villains like S1's Kiwatari. Games were also more fun imo.
And most importantly Suzui had less screen time! Omg I really thought he might grow up into something fun after S1 finale, but nope, same old boring guy. I guess this anime needs someone like that too at times tho
Jan 5, 2020 4:00 PM

Feb 2019
I preferred this season to the first one. The art style for some of the facial expressions was still super annoying >:(
But I would have preferred it if Rei had won the final gamble, I think that would have been a better ending.

7/10
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Feb 8, 2020 9:02 PM

Jul 2017
This series can be so dumb that it's actually genius lol

7/10 for this season as well. An unpredictable and fun ride in its own way.

Hope for a season 3 some time in the future.

Mar 27, 2020 9:48 AM

Aug 2014
Always know Rei was a girl and honestly I enjoyed this season alot.

I think Mappa doing a good job making the adaptation.
Having 1 : 1 similar to manga wouldn't be fun you know?
So Mappa probably gambled another 2 episode to make it original so they can reserve next arc if necessary without planning a sequel or just let it end there.

I think people who dislike the show mostly doesn't get the idea of the reason these characters exist was the title itself.
They're need to a be maniac or crazy else the title just won't work or align with the characters and story.

Why would you expect a title line that with an MC that probably wanting to be someone out of genius or Jesuskun. Though j must agree Yumeko felt like God in gambling though most of the times she was just insane and being unreasonable.
Apr 6, 2020 6:18 PM
May 2019
Daamnn daughter like mother
Jun 7, 2020 11:41 AM

May 2020
I found it fun but Rei had some related even just a small with Jabami onee-san. It's going to be crazy when you set a trap and you're the one who trapped. Overall it was ok but it's out of gambling but more into "A game which contain a gamble'' just like real life when you need choose what would you do. Still my favorite character is Seitou Kaichou Momobami Kirari. In the end they are on the same academy and keep on gambling LOL.
Jul 2, 2020 8:11 AM

Apr 2009
This season is meh. Only the first 2 episodes are great especially thinking of losing your finger. Huge disappointed here.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2020 4:39 PM
May 2020
Meire is the only likable person in this show dude...i really didn't like the season. But there were some good moments.
4/10 for me.
Aug 5, 2020 8:55 AM

Apr 2020
So trying to connect the dots here. The woman that was kind to Rei was Yumeko's mother and the Jabami family was wiped out by the Momobami family as well. What was with that end? Did Rei take the Jabami name? I always a had a feeling Rei was a girl to begin with and was only present for revenge since Terano mentioned he was an outcast.

I'm glad Suzui took a back seat for parts of this season. He's too plain of a character.
Aug 11, 2020 9:37 PM
Aug 2020
Who gave Rei Batsubami to be so hot at the end? Like she is so hot during that auction and for what? For why? I truly am just as much of a sucker for her as the rest of that school. And I just love the arch of someone who everyone underestimated and who was practically property coming out on top. I’m surprised that I’ve never seen a cosplay of her either because all three of her looks are cool (especially the auction look) and her tattoos on her hands are cool. This episode made her another dream cosplay of mine honestly. Most of these characters tend to just be unhinged and that’s what makes them fun but actually diving deeper into a character’s past was super nice, especially because it’s a great pay off to the subtle build up she had been getting and a great explanation for some of her actions (like her yelling at Yumeko for not feeling remorse). Just yea over all a great final episode and once again, I am very gay for Rei Batsubami.
Aug 11, 2020 10:15 PM
Aug 2020
My sexuality is Rei Batsubami ripping her gloves off with her hands
Aug 27, 2020 12:45 AM

Aug 2014
I finished this today, pretty late I guess. But maybe early since there is no next season yet.

I liked it but felt bad since I thought they were just going to give Rei only misfortune.
It's great that kirari gave Rei a different -bami last name, so that she wouldn't have to be the livestock. I am curious what her last name is now though. Maybe momobami? (Though a certain secretary might be jealous lol)

I found it a bit strange for Yumeko to lose against random people for no reason. I play a game where it's kinda like gamble against top players and lower players and sometimes I lose to the lower players too so I kind of get it. just getting unlucky or misplay.
But in any case I don't really understand why the author had to make yumeko lose the votes in such a random way.

also im glad ririka gets to gamble, I guess she still hasnt proven herself to mary yet. I always thought ririka was so cute when she has that scared expression whenever mary gets angry. such a cute character with potential for good development.
Sep 18, 2020 9:05 AM

Jul 2013
Second season was overall okay, but the last episode was lacking.
Dec 14, 2020 9:08 PM

Jan 2018
Another mid ass season of this series

4/10 for me
What a beautiful Duwang
Dec 15, 2020 4:10 PM

May 2020
This episode was good, but felt rushed and slightly underwhelming as a finale. The anime-original ep.12 of the first season was much better as far as season finale's go, despite merely maintaining the status quo.

This season was certainly entertaining but never quite reached the high's of the first season for me. I enjoyed season 2, but was rarely on the edge of my seat. Most of these new characters were pretty forgettable and the gambles and stakes started to get increasingly ridiculous and over-the-top compared to season 1.

Got totally duped by the reveal that Rei was actually a girl though, and the fact that she's apparently exclusive to the anime. They did a decent job of integrating her throughout the season. I never would've guessed had I not looked it up afterwards.
Dec 29, 2020 2:48 AM

Dec 2012
CAN'T WAIT FOR SEASON 3!!!

Feb 7, 2021 11:23 AM

Feb 2011
When is the 3rd Season coming?..
Feb 7, 2021 11:23 AM

Feb 2011
Feb 10, 2021 11:22 AM

May 2020
shirley1994 said:

Don't expect one for a long time. By the time it finished, Season 2 went right up to the very latest chapters of the manga. With this manga being a monthly series, it's still only a few chapters beyond where the anime ended. There's not enough material to cover another season yet.
Feb 12, 2021 7:58 AM

Feb 2011
WisperG said:
shirley1994 said:

Don't expect one for a long time. By the time it finished, Season 2 went right up to the very latest chapters of the manga. With this manga being a monthly series, it's still only a few chapters beyond where the anime ended. There's not enough material to cover another season yet.

Thanks for answering me. I problemly have to read the manga then.
Feb 21, 2021 3:30 AM
Jul 2020
We've been baited all along, Need a S3 rn
Feb 21, 2021 4:20 AM

May 2015
Season 1 > season 2. 5/10.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 4, 2021 1:11 PM

Apr 2013
I had to facepalm multiple times in this episode, Rei is such a pointless and dumb character. And Yumeko actually enjoying "auctioning" and a "coin toss" above real gambling was just retarded.

I don't get how they were able to fuck this up so badly. After a good first season this started off quite nicely, but the second half just went full retard and they weren't even gambling anymore. It might be better to end it with this, I have doubts that a 3rd season would be any better. 5/10
Oct 20, 2021 11:56 AM

Feb 2020
Wait wait wait, I actually wanted to see that Yumeko vs Rei bait, it could've been pretty epic...
And come on, we're still not done with the elections ? I waited the whole season for the result and they leave us with that ? That's frustrating.

This season was the same as the first when it comes to qualities and flaws. It can be a lot of fun (especially when I don't take it too seriously and just enjoy how over-the-top everything is) and some characters are interesting, but the games aren't actually interesting mostly due to Yumeko's plot armor.
Because yeah, I'm really getting tired of Yumeko's character, not only is she OP for some reason but her personality is sometimes really getting on my nerves (the fact that she confronted characters more sympathetic than her probably didn't help).
But there's not just that, the problem is also that the result sometimes doesn't make sense and the characters' behaviour don't match what they were actually doing (I can mention for example Itsuki having inner monologues about how outraged she was about the traitor when it turns out she was the traitor). Or other things like Yumeko refusing to bait her life when Sayaka asks for it but agreeing when Kirari does.
Or as I already said many times, the lack of actual tension due to most games not having real consequences (and we got that up to the very end, I'm happy for Rei but I really wonder what's the point of such bait if it ends like that).

Now as I said it has its qualities. I already said it was a lot of fun, and I also find the treatment of characters to have been better (for some of them) than it was in season 1. At least I really liked Kirari, Rei and Sayaka who were actually good characters, when in season 1 I didn't care much about anyone no matter how much fun I had watching them gamble. Here the drama was surprisingly pretty good, it did show the impact gambling has on one's mental health (well it already did in season 1 but it was done more seriously here).
As for the other characters, since I wasn't much interested in them back in season 1 it wasn't going to change unless some big development but their interactions are still amusing (for example, while have issues with Midari's character, I won't deny that she can be a delight).

So to summarize, this season was sometimes even more ridiculous than the show already was, some things don't even make sense, Yumeko's character is annoying me, but it was fun and the character development was pretty good at times. So I'm giving it the same score as the previous season, 5/10, and I still hope we'll get a third season because I'd like to know how it ends.
Feb 5, 2022 3:23 PM

Jul 2019
Kakegurui has the most abrupt ass endings ever and this one topped it all lmao.

Well, I liked the backstory and all, but still not enough detail into behind the scenes and character's lives. That woman with Rei seemed to be Yumeko's mother, at least, from some speculation anyway. Whoever that woman was, what's her place in the family? Why did she go mad? Why did Yumeko become a gambling addict? Too many questions.

Whilst I won't say that it is bad to have that extra story. To have it and not show anything more of it is quite a bit of wasted potential, considering how most motivations of this anime were simple anyway.

There's a lot to uncover and I will probably do so in an actual review but this final episode really killed a lot of things for me and made me understand the parts of Kakegurui that makes it worse than what it should be.

Oh well.

7-8/10 season compared to 9/10 S1.

But seriously, that ending. Rei just kinda went like "Ayyyyyyyyyy, I'm good now, what's good dudes!?!?"
Apr 28, 2022 11:52 AM
Jan 2019
What a cliffhanger ending bruh.
Reply me when season 3 is announced
Jul 17, 2022 8:28 AM

Jun 2019
Man... that was fun. Batsubami lost but I'm glad that she's happy now. Really need a third season. Come on, MAPPA. Well, until then, I'll watch the spin-off.
Aug 27, 2022 5:02 AM
Aug 2013
It's a really dark Anime about gambling. I loose myself in the games and try to figure out who's the one that's cheating.
It's not that easy to find out what's going on and the characters are so different.
I liked the first season a little bit more. Something was missing in this part
Sep 4, 2022 11:39 PM

Dec 2015
I only watched this anime because the girls are hot and the first season was a bit entertaining but this season is absolute trash.
Dec 4, 2022 8:42 PM

Dec 2018
WOW what a way to end. i figured she was a woman, especially the way she kept helping out the other girls. I'm glad she finally broke free from those chains. seriously that family is even more messed up than mine. i can't wait to see more and how this develops.
Mar 20, 2023 11:45 AM
Jul 2020
Damn Rei became my favourite character from the series in just one Episode. Too bad they discarded her too early, she would have been a good character to build up for the plot. But Jabami Plot Armour is thicker than the iron. 7/10
May 31, 2023 3:07 PM

Oct 2022
A win win ending basically
opin·ion
[əˈpɪnjən]

NOUN

1. a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge:"that, in my opinion, is right" ·

Jun 9, 2023 6:07 AM
May 2023
it was slow, not much hype, but fun to watch
Jun 15, 2023 3:34 PM
Jun 2023
Cada vez me gusta mas yumeko :)
Jun 26, 2023 4:59 AM
Apr 2021
it was evenly matched with the prequal
Jul 22, 2023 11:01 AM
Mar 2018

Aug 26, 2023 10:00 AM
Feb 2023
i need more.... kinda sad that rei's "true self" or whatever is a girly girl and not a sexy butch
Sep 28, 2023 5:47 PM

Feb 2015
me gusto mucho
xd
saludos a berra xd
Oct 25, 2023 3:24 AM
Oct 2023
the ending was abrupt and lots of unanswered questions. hopefully another season to come?
Oct 30, 2023 6:32 AM

Dec 2012
The sheer irony is that Yumeko is a slave to her gambling impulses yet she's constantly liberating people from their own personal issues as they succumb to the slavish indulgence of gambling. And that's what makes her so fantastic - her pure devotion to her most base desires remains unabashed and untainted. The love of money may be the root of all evil, but the love of gambling for the sake of it is pretty fucking hot.

The auction did turn out to be better than I was anticipating based on the last episode. It went from Rei calling the shots to everyone having a turn with her. It's a shame Ryota couldn't get in on that and turn his 3 votes around into 297. On that matter, it was really disappointing how he relapsed this season. Seeing him transform into Yumeko's alpha accomplice at the end of S1 was so awesome and we got none of that this time around. In general, this season was lacking the same thrill & bombastic energy that the series was initially pumping out. It doesn't help that the ending leaves so much unresolved and it feels like we had to stop halfway through the deed.

But on the plus side, I feel like this season definitely did more for the character development. In particular, Yumemi, Itsuki & Sayaka had some really solid moments. The first two episodes along with 10 were the high point of S2.

7/10. Looking forward to Twin as Mary has become my favorite gambling girl.
ZekkenshinOct 30, 2023 6:37 AM
Mar 4, 6:00 PM

Jul 2021
An alright end to a good season 2, just as good as season 1.

Though the gambling match was kinda mediocre the season has been pretty solid with some greath characters, Im glad Kaede came back for a round as he is my personal favourite character.

It was nice seeing Rei happy in the end. Along with Yumeko just gambling away more of her voting chips.

overall a fun season 7/10.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakegurui×× Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2019

68 by bubba460z »»
Mar 4, 5:29 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui×× Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2019

79 by bubba460z »»
Mar 4, 5:05 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui×× Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2019

51 by bubba460z »»
Mar 4, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui×× Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2019

63 by bubba460z »»
Mar 4, 4:27 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui×× Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2019

57 by bubba460z »»
Mar 4, 4:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.