Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Real Girl
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 2019 10:32 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, so it seems an obejct from the past managed to make her remember memories. Quite predictable imo but hey, I'm glad she's regaining them.

Iroha's reunion with Tsutsun felt like fate since the timeskip. About time they got married. This was a long time coming. It looks like they managed to adapt to the very end with this show.
Mar 26, 2019 11:14 AM
Jan 2019
Ending on a happy note ❤️❤️ loved it ❤️
Mar 26, 2019 12:01 PM

Jan 2015
Wow, what an ending. Most surprisingly, the brother wasn't asshole this time and actually was the one who brought them together, so props to him!

These has been a good ride, with it's ups and downs, but in the end, I still loved it.
Mar 26, 2019 12:09 PM

Feb 2019
the only good episodes this season were the last few but it was meh. the ending was odd
davidman001Jun 4, 2021 3:50 PM
Mar 26, 2019 12:20 PM

Jul 2017
Well major improvement compared to the last season. Apart from that whatever divorce thing that was not bad at all

Was also surprised at first with how Ayado and Ito weren't together in the after story at first, actually not that common to see. Can't say I'm too surprised nor saddened by her ending up getting divorced and going to end up with Ito after all
Short_CircutMar 26, 2019 12:45 PM
Mar 26, 2019 12:21 PM

May 2018
That's all folks.........So Ayado married someone else , but got divorced.
Mar 26, 2019 12:25 PM

Jan 2018
I am happy that it got a happy ending

But Iroha regaining her memory part could have done it better

Overall not bad
Mar 26, 2019 12:30 PM

Sep 2018
There it is again, that feeling when the aniime you like is finally over such happiness because of the beautiful ending and also emptiness...

This final episode was great, Iroha trying to remember something from her past and Chika being the best brother having Iroha meet Tsutsui(the feels in this scene)

Also Igarashi and Takanashi geting married and Iroha attending the wedding and Igarashi seeing Iroha in the back(soo many feels)

I'm glad the anime had a happy ending, this season was so much better then the last one both with the story and the animation.
well that's just my opinion.....
Mar 26, 2019 12:33 PM
Varangian Guard

Mar 2015
Now that's what I call a freakin' happy end.
Also my gang and I at the wedding of Iroha and Tsutsui:
Mar 26, 2019 12:37 PM

Nov 2016
Whenever I see these kind of stories I'm always asking myself. Why no voice note or a regular one. What about pictures ?

But damn man, this was one hella cute finale. I liked the first season even if it dropped the ball towards the end. This one was consistently good, tho with many emotional highs and a satisfying conclusion. Even got a double wedding, I mean, what more could ask for ?

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 26, 2019 12:38 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
With both their sons now adults guess both are kinda lonely. To Hikari it must be quite the bittersweet moment of both seeing Iroha again and finding that she will soon leave as well. Still the response that he gave when pressed sure was heartwarming. Its nice to see that Ishino and Takanashi's relationship eventually progressed to that of marriage. The marriage is an excellent representation of just how much Hikari's relationship with Iroha has helped his friends. And it also provided an excellent opportunity for the rest of the cast to meet Iroha again. That scene where they welcomed Iroha back sure was warm. After so much struggle its nice seeing everyone doing so well in the future. Ending the series with Hikari and Iroha's wedding was a brilliant move.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2019 12:41 PM
May 2017
I kinda wished it wouldn't be as rushed as it is since the manga has a bit more in the after story
Mar 26, 2019 12:43 PM
Jan 2018
Honestly, the ending made up for everything.
The first season wasnt that much to talk about, that because it was more of a start up/measure to set up this last season.
Really wholesome, ending, having read the manga 2 years ago, and it being one of my favorite romance mangas, im genuinely happy with what we got.

And lastly

>tfw won't hear Tsutsui and Iroha say "Aniichu" every tuesday anymore

tbh something of a spinoff about their adult lives could work for this series, i really wish the mangaka/author can do something like that in the future
Mar 26, 2019 12:52 PM

Feb 2007
A very nice ending, although it does feel a bit weird to follow the manga so closely for the weddings after leaving out Itou and Ayado breaking up quite quickly while in school, as their separation and Ayado's marriage comes very much out of the left field due to this.
Mar 26, 2019 12:52 PM

Feb 2018
Pretty good final episode, this season was more enjoyable.

Iroha's brother finally did a good thing for once by having them meet up. That moment when she remembered tsutsui was sweet.

and we have ishino and takanashi's marriage, Ishino looked very pretty and the get together was great Iroha slowly started remembering everyone

Lmao i knew ito would get cucked for the pussy he is, ayado tho...

Tsutsui's brother and takanashi's sister are hitting it off

Finally Tsutsui and Iroha married <3
I'm glad this show had a happy ending.
Mar 26, 2019 1:13 PM
Aug 2016
Nice ending and everything, but still i don't understand the Ito/Ayado part. So they broke up somehow and they didn't said anything until the end lol. I really don't get it
Mar 26, 2019 1:18 PM

Jul 2014
The ending here was about what I expected, and it mostly worked well enough outside of shoehorning in Ayado like that; it surely would have just been easier to have her and Ito still together rather than approaching it the way they did.

Overall, this wasn't a fantastic series and it had its fair share of flaws, but it had some really strong moments of nuance at times - particularly in terms of Tsutsui and Iroha - that help elevate it above mediocrity.

7/10
Mar 26, 2019 1:35 PM
Mar 2019
That scene almost all viewers were hoping and waiting for
When he tells her not to go and stay with him and she hugs him and says yes with the dialogue
"Even if my memories didn't come back, i would have loved you again" - the feels just went sky high. The Flashbacks and the music made it even better, the studio did a real good job.

And finally our Mc's got their happy ending and wedding.
Mar 26, 2019 1:55 PM

Jul 2017
Ahh yes, what a heartwarming ending! I’m really glad that Iroha managed to remember everyone and also that Iroha’s brother wasn’t a piece of shit and was really considerate for his sister instead.

I wanted to know what happened to Ito/Ayado ship btw, they never explained it :((

Overall, imo, this season destroyed the first one pretty easily. I felt like i was watching a different show tbh. Even though it felt a bit rushed for me at some points, it is a solid 7/10 for me. 👌👍
Mar 26, 2019 1:59 PM
Aug 2010
its soooo frkn good that they didnt mess it up by going the death outcome but instead with this one... so so so soooo goooood, they were THAT close to a huge fail with that death ending vibes... so so sooooo so soooooo good, that they have chosen this path, sometimes arrrghhh cant say anything comprehensive rn - coz its sooooo goooood rofl

we survived this one fam, genuinely dramatic/romantic series, which are both good and realistic'ish in the same time, thanks to all of the staff members for successful execution of a romantic yet tear shedding in series in the modern days! ez 10/10
Mar 26, 2019 2:46 PM

Oct 2016
begija said:
Wow, what an ending. Most surprisingly, the brother wasn't asshole this time and actually was the one who brought them together, so props to him!

These has been a good ride, with it's ups and downs, but in the end, I still loved it.
He was done the same as the manga.
Mar 26, 2019 2:51 PM

Oct 2016
Oh hey, Mitsuya's sister and Tsutsui's brother got together. Didn't show that in the manga.

I'm still annoyed we didn't get proper resolution for Ayado and Ito, but at least he got off his invitation fully in the anime because he gets cutoff in the manga.
Mar 26, 2019 2:54 PM

Aug 2015
I can't remember the last time an anime made me cry this much. I need to go lay down.
Mar 26, 2019 3:04 PM

Apr 2016
Who did Ayado originally marry before the divorce? (not really planning to read the manga so I'm hoping to get an answer.) .-.
Mar 26, 2019 3:07 PM

Feb 2007
andzalot55 said:
Who did Ayado originally marry before the divorce? (not really planning to read the manga so I'm hoping to get an answer.) .-.

It's never revealed in the manga either. Most likely someone she met after graduation, and since she's divorced by the time we meet her again, it doesn't really seem to matter.
Mar 26, 2019 3:50 PM

Jul 2015
andzalot55 said:

That's beyond irrelevant, nor is disclosed in the manga.

So, Ayado managed to dump Ito, marry to someone else and divorce at the age of 25 or 26.

Look at this person...

Mar 26, 2019 3:52 PM

Apr 2016
Piromysl said:
andzalot55 said:

That's beyond irrelevant, nor is disclosed in the manga.

Irrelevant? I thought Ito and Ayado were in a relationship (at least back in highschool)?
Mar 26, 2019 3:53 PM
Mar 2018
Now this is how you end an anime. God bless the writer of the show for making it a good ending.
Mar 26, 2019 3:56 PM

Feb 2018
Short before I sit to watch 12 episode I was like "Nah, I don't feel it" and I heard from far train full of feels after episode where Iroha said about her illness. Although I felt this kind of fulfillment after 12 episode still something was missing for me or it was just too fast at the end, I don't really know.

#Edit
And, yeah... where tf Ayado was?!?
Mar 26, 2019 3:57 PM

Sep 2009
begija said:

very true :D i cried :c

Apr 2016
Damn, for a romance anime to have an actual "ending"...THAT IS EXTREMELY RARE. Well, rather predictable indeed, but oh well, it was nice.

May 2015
This was a nice story with its own good points, I'm glad it ended well but I wonder, was it really necessary for all the drama with losing memories, etc. Everything escalated and got resolved just in a couple of episodes anyway. But if only it was just that.

God, why this turn for Ito and Ayado? Like seriously, what's the point if it never gets properly explained? Maybe it was to avoid too sweet ending with all the happy couples, you could say shit happens and teenage love is not always your love for life... but then, why get a divorce, Ayado? And why would Ito want to be with her anyway, it probably hurt to get ditched like that... aaah, it's maddening how pointless this all is.

But at least Ishino is happy as well as the main couple, and even Tsutsui's brother. And Iroha's brother smiled at the end, seems like he grew as a character too.

It was a fine journey overall and a good exploration of romance if we focus on Tsusui and Iroha. This whole drama might be rushed, like a roundabout way to confirm how strong their feelings for each other are but I guess it's acceptable as it was foreshadowed from the very beginning. Even if we were prepared for something more serious with lots of tears, I'm glad it's not the case. Altough I have a feeling the story lost its impact halfway through the drama and soon will be forgotten.
Mar 26, 2019 4:00 PM

Apr 2015
Couldn't wish more for this Anime to end the way it did. Nice closure with 2 marriages.

Surprised about the Ito/Ayado situation, but in the end they sort of got a happy ending as well. Kudos to Iroha's brother for letitng them meet again, was very nice of him and he's not a bad person after all.

Pretty good this second season, really outdone the first season by a mile!
Mar 26, 2019 4:18 PM

Nov 2017
Lame. 5/10 just because the ending,although it felt incredibly rushed. First season was more interesting.
Mar 26, 2019 4:29 PM

Jul 2017
What a resounding finale. Sure some stuff from the manga is cut, but it doesn't affect the core storyline at all.

The weddings are predictable (not just from a manga standpoint), and everything finally falls in place.

Great callback to Season 1's OP (which is the main theme). Absolutely loved the song then, and here now.

Mar 26, 2019 5:13 PM
Aug 2014
What a drastic improvement. The ending felt like an asspull but I remained satisfied. The time skip was incredibly well executed. The character's personalities underwent major changes and they grew as people during the seven to eight years (forgot). Most time skips leave characters as stale as ever despite the fact that time has passed and life has moved on. I am glad Iroha's brother wanted what's best for her.

For manga readers, I have a question. I am presuming the manga filled in on more details, what were the specifics of Ayado's marriage? How did it happen and to whom was it initiated with?
Mar 26, 2019 6:38 PM
Jul 2018
Throughout the entire time skip I was wondering what the hell happened to Ayado. Did she like die or something and then they decide to just shoehorn that she and Ito broke up some time and she’s now married and then OOF she got divorced at the age of 25

Also why would Ito even attempt to rebound with her when he was obviously heartbroken by the breakup (idk if the manga goes more in detail about then break or not, just another anime-only watcher) but that just seems like a shallow and weird ending for them. Throughout the entire season their relationship seemed so shallow and forced and to end like that just seems unordinary

I will say overall the timeskip overall was greatly done. Most anime timeskips don’t fully develop characters, but they were able to flesh out almost all of the characters well and show that time changes people. The ending with Tsutsui and Iroha was pretty nicely done as well

Overall though, i have to say the series as a whole was kinda average. It did improve alot compared to season 1 and it actuallybhad an ending FOR A ROMANCE ANIME AND BY THE GODS THATS A FIRST. I’ll have to give the anime a 5/10. Had its ups and (mostly) downs but ended strongly
Mar 26, 2019 7:07 PM
Jun 2017
I love the ending of this one as you could see how each one of them has grown frpm being a high school students up to their young adult days...

Well glad iroha and tsutsui still be a couple in the end...

And it also answer my question from episode 11 what happened to ayado. Well thats the reason why ito is not with her since she is married to another man but in the end she divorced with him... and then ito and ayado met each other again...

As said "no one can know what the future store for us", so let us always move forward and it will lead us to the path where we are going with...
Mar 26, 2019 7:18 PM

Jan 2017
Considering the first season was mediocre at best, it was nice to see such a great improvement this season. I was afraid that there would be a sad ending but we actually got good endings for the main characters.

7/10
Mar 26, 2019 7:19 PM
Jan 2016
Honestly, i was afraid i would see a sad ending, but i am glad we got an awesome happy ending!

I am proud of Iroha's brother after realizing he was doing worn hiding Tsutui from her, he decided stop being an asshole and brought them together! And Tsutsui and Iroha reencounter touched em a lot i dropped some tears, i admit!

Takanashi and Ishino marriage was beautiful, and when they saw Iroha watching their marriage from a far, also their reencounter awaken up my feels, once again!

The las moment between Iroha and Tsutsun was beautiful and emotional, and i am glad they ended it with their marriage, i wish to see more of their marriage!

Didn't expect season one opening after the end, was a good surprise!
Mar 26, 2019 7:32 PM
Nov 2018
To me overall, the show had its ups and down. As it was adapted from a manga, I'll hold the author as for the reason. I don't mean in a bad way, but some drama was pretty pointless in S1 and S2.

Never liked the ItoxAyado relationship. It was unhealthy from the start from Ayado's side. She liked Tsutsun because he was into anime. Ito ended up liking her because she liked anime. She returns Ito's feelings because he tried so hard to win her over, not because she herself fell for him. I guess in a way, their relationship is the most realistic. Though Ayado marrying and ended up divorcing at the age of 25 or so really speaks of the volume about her commitment to a relationship and as a person. Ito should find someone else who wouldn't look at him as second choice.

As for TsutsuixIroha. I feel like this could have gone the K-drama route😂. Needs 12 more episodes of pointless circle jerking on and off drama, rivals tricking them, memory searching - almost remembering but not quite due to interruption of rival, and other near misses to finally drive their romance home when the audience have finally had enough of the pointless merry go round drama.

I'm joking. That reunion was quite emotional. Loved the part where Tsutsui tells Iroha that he is a nobody to her. Shows that he didn't want to force her to love him when she can't even remember him. He truly cared for her. Also kind of a psychological point in which, the Iroha he fell in love with and the amnesiac Iroha are two separate Iroha. As in, despite the surgery's success, Tsutsui's Iroha's memories and personality had died. Amnesiac Iroha is no longer Tsutsui's Iroha and is of a totally different personality and person. As displayed by her not having the same taste to high school Iroha in quirky mascot keychains. I dunno just my random thoughts.

Its by no means a great show. The side characters are really uninteresting and it could have used some more Tsutsui and Iroha development and the pending doom of her surgery should have been foreshadowed earlier instead of being put in the back burner until the side character's stories got done and out of the way. I'd give it a 6/10 with a sidenote of "I really enjoyed it and would watch it again."

Would I support the blurays(if licensed for NA release) and manga? Yes on both.
Mar 26, 2019 7:34 PM
Jan 2019
Beautiful, simply beautiful. A story that I loved from beginning to end. I am more than satisfied with the end. Despite his animation I loved this anime and I can say that it is one of the best I've seen in the genre "school and romance", from my favorites ❤. It was a great pleasure to have followed him from the first season and to arrive here until the end of the second. This anime leaves me many lessons of life, friendship and love 😊.

"Even if my memories had never returned I would have loved you again"
Mar 26, 2019 7:37 PM
Aug 2018
Ive read the manga extra, and shows Tsutsun with a job offer to USA, but Iroha get pregnant and so they stay in Japan.
Ito and Ayado have your relationship back too

Mar 26, 2019 7:37 PM

Jan 2013
at least this had an happy ending...glad the brother backed off and pretty much allowed the miracle to happen.

that said, thought i missed a talking point last episode about Ito and Ayado broke up when they mention she married...but then Ayado divorced and Ito went after her again. ehh not a fan...completely out of nowhere and they shoulda just have them stay together if that was the case.

if the animation wasnt so stiff and some parts were handled with less cringe, this series woulda been an easy 7 (for 1st season) and 8 (for this season)..but hey it was decent overall. so 7/10 this season, way improved story and character-wise from last season
dannymilkMar 26, 2019 7:41 PM
Mar 26, 2019 7:56 PM

Dec 2015
Ayado is really wild lol. Went for Tsuntsun then Ito, took his v-card left him got married then divorced and came back for the Ito D. It’s always the quiet ones lmao
Mar 26, 2019 8:57 PM

Jun 2014
Ehhh... only thing I didn't really like was the Ayado/Ito situation...

Leave her married, poor Ito, but kind of understandable, or, get Ito to meet someone new at work that understands him and likes him for what he is and shazam, way better ending than having Ayado "Oh, I'm divorced, lets get back together again".

Oh, and loved how they showed the little brother with Takanashi's sister, was a nice touch.
Mar 26, 2019 10:10 PM
Mar 2019
I loved the last episode even though I expected them to do something like they did with iroha seeing like a past item and stuff but all in all great last episode
Mar 26, 2019 10:48 PM

Jan 2015
There is a freaking bonus chapter of the manga after the last chapter (which is part of last episode), which continues the story a bit, so you should probably read it!
Mar 26, 2019 10:57 PM

Mar 2008
So happy we got a good ending. I teared up a few times. I wanted to strangle Iroha's brother last episode but wanted to hug him for doing the right thing this episode. Also, Ayado a thot. lmao
Mar 26, 2019 11:00 PM

Jan 2015
IMe4gLe said:
Ehhh... only thing I didn't really like was the Ayado/Ito situation...

Leave her married, poor Ito, but kind of understandable, or, get Ito to meet someone new at work that understands him and likes him for what he is and shazam, way better ending than having Ayado "Oh, I'm divorced, lets get back together again".

Oh, and loved how they showed the little brother with Takanashi's sister, was a nice touch.

Scene with his brother and Takahashi sister was actually anime original screne, but they cut some part about Tsutsun's coworker.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2019

53 by bakakisima »»
Jan 12, 11:44 AM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2019

28 by bakakisima »»
Jan 11, 12:17 PM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2019

45 by bakakisima »»
Jan 11, 9:21 AM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2019

41 by bakakisima »»
Jan 11, 7:49 AM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2019

59 by fukumenkei »»
Nov 16, 2023 4:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.