Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 2019 3:39 PM

Jun 2015
Great Anime, I never thought it would be this good. There is only one question, who is the one Hana likes. I think it's Kakeru since the begining...
Mar 26, 2019 3:46 PM

Aug 2013
Great ending, i didn't though that this Anime will turn in a good stuff, best sports since a while logic and no superpowers needed, thanks for the staff who worked on this.
Mar 26, 2019 3:48 PM

Jan 2019
oh my god i cried so fcking much D:

Haiji is the man D:

cant wait to see Production I.G keep putting out sports shows they are doing a good job with that xD

next one probably the next season of haikyuu

yvanedisco said:
What to do with life now that this anime ended?

WE RUN

Mar 26, 2019 3:52 PM

Feb 2011
One of the best anime I've seen in a long time. 10/10, a masterpiece for me.
Mar 26, 2019 4:01 PM

Sep 2015
I'm usually not a fan of sports anime but I really liked that one. The story was engaging and the cast was well-developed throughout the show which made every character likeable. I'm happy with the finale even if that 3 year time-skip kinda came out of nowhere, that confused me a bit.

The only thing I wasn't fond of was the subplot with the twins and Hana, it was a bit out of place imo. So I'm glad they decided to not reveal which one Hana was in love with, that was a good way to avoid unnecessary drama.

I'll miss this show for sure, it was fantastic.
Mar 26, 2019 4:06 PM

Feb 2011
Ivanovskaya said:
I'm happy with the finale even if that 3 year time-skip kinda came out of nowhere, that confused me a bit.

The time skip was actually 2 years and 3 months long.
Mar 26, 2019 4:22 PM

Dec 2014
Fantastic finale, very wholesome ending.

Kakeru handing off the sash to Haiji and earning his new record by beating Fujioka by literally a second. xD
Loved the parts where Haiji mentioned how running to him was representative of Kakeru and how the latter says that running is representative of Haiji.

Super glad that Kansei managed to get a seed position, the shots of all the members in tears really got to me. T.T

Overall, easily one of the best shows of the past two seasons. Outstanding show that showed more than just the sport, back in the initial episode I thought Haiji might be forcing everyone to run just so they can move forward from their stagnant lives. That might not have been entirely true but it's not entirely false either, watching all these guys go from nothing to something helped them move forward. Devoting themselves to something helped them find a direction in their life. As the show itself says, everything you want lies beyond the wind, everything you need to reach that place lies in your heart. As long as keep running forward with the hope that you'll make it, you will. :)
Production quality was absolutely fantastic, Yuki Hayashi delivered yet another incredibly sountrack and the sound direction for the show was top notch as well. Production I.G. once again cementing themselves as the studio to goto for sports anime. Absolutely brilliant show, deserves every ounce of praise it gets

9/10
Mar 26, 2019 4:26 PM

Nov 2016
I'm so gonna miss this show. Very satisfying finale and probably one of my favorite sports Anime ever. What I really loved were the strong character developements and the consequently several emotional scenes, which made me tear up.
I rarely do this, but this is a 10/10 for me
Mar 26, 2019 4:31 PM

Mar 2010
My notes while watching the episode:

"Whether i run or not, it hurts the same. Even if I fail, I want to do what my heart desires." - Haiji

I found this quote so nice. Makes me want to listen to my inner feelings as well.

I felt so happy for Kakeru as well. So Kakeru was the ideal form that Haiji never had. But i think Haiji was very lucky to meet Kakeru that day. And Kakeru saw a guide in Haiji. Perfection bromance :D

LOL at Kakeru still running after finishing his course and ignoring the interviewers.

As for the future, I think Haiji will become a coach as well. He'd be perfect for it.
Not sure about the others. Even if they are seeded, can they even run next year, lol. Unless some fans emerge and join Kansei university.
--> In the end i was right, he became a coach. Woof. I didn't quite like the 4 year time skip in the end though. A shorter time skip would have been better. Like something few days-weeks after the race would have been cool to see as well, and perhaps then move 4 years forward. I didn't get to understand fully what Haiji was supposed to be doing. I hoped he would coach the Kansei future team but i guess not. But woah Kansei got some pretty big team, and nice to see our main characters as the root cause of this miracle!

This was my personal favourite series during this airing season. So happy i could see it. And i'll definitely rewatch it in the future. (I have already rewatched most episodes, lol)
Mar 26, 2019 4:41 PM

May 2015
What a great wholesome story!

I like how this is not all about winning but something else you find in the process of doing what you love or never suspected you could love, everyone had his reasons for running and in the end, everyone got to see satisfying results.
Mar 26, 2019 5:48 PM

Dec 2017
I'm so fucking grateful for Production IG they keep making such great sports anime. And this ending was one of the greatest i've ever witnessed, what a satisfying conclusion what a ride this anime was, so many feels flying over. I really enjoyed this underrated show and even more I enjoyed seeing it's rating rising over from a week to a week I think it was like 7.85 and now its 8.24. Well deserved, I will miss this a lot!
Mar 26, 2019 6:02 PM
Oct 2014
So happy to see the red head kid on his knees crying🤣
Mar 26, 2019 6:16 PM

Jan 2017
That finale was as perfect as I could've asked for. Following the team's development from week to week was such a pleasant experience. I'll miss this show!

9/10
Mar 26, 2019 6:46 PM
Sep 2018
GGib said:
Ivanovskaya said:
I'm happy with the finale even if that 3 year time-skip kinda came out of nowhere, that confused me a bit.

How did you know it ?
Mar 26, 2019 6:55 PM

Nov 2016
Damn, I'm going to miss this show so much... It was a beautiful, unforgettable experience. Keep running, there's someone waiting for you at the end.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2019 7:12 PM

Aug 2015
I was about to pass up on this anime and I'm really glad I didn't... It did everything I would want from an anime. 10/10
Mar 26, 2019 7:30 PM
Jan 2019
I am more than satisfied with the end, I was about to cry.
Kakeru broke the record of his section and the team was among the first 10 what classified them for the following year.
All this journey started with Haiji, he gathered an amazing team and got wonderful friendships. A great example of perseverance and passion, that's what the team and this great story meant to me. I love all the characters 😊.
And to think that at the beginning I did not have in my plans to see this anime and now I love it. I loved this anime from beginning to end. It is a story full of lessons and feelings. Of my favorites and the best I've seen.
It makes you see the beauty of a sport and try new things. You will never know the result until you try.

"The place where you are will become the track where you will have to run.
You can not go back in time. The old records are overwritten and we keep going. Sometimes it can be sad, but ... The wind blows strong and we challenge it as we run, believing that the answer we are looking for lies further on.
What is to be strong ?, What is to run ?, What is to live ?. Everything is beyond the wind. With hearts full of hope ... The road is before us. That's why we run again today, as much as we can. "

And answering your question..Yes, I like to run 😁.

Psdt: God! Musa left me wondering which of the two twins Hana, Jota or Joji liked.

9/10
Mar 26, 2019 7:50 PM

Feb 2014
Reality at its finest. Great effort by Haiji to complete the race. He hands down the seed for the next generation. Even his father couldn't handle the dream he finally reached.
But we still don't know who Hana really likes.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 26, 2019 8:01 PM

Jan 2011
talk about a show kicking it into 2nd gear for the 2nd cour non-stop great episodes and we got such a perfect ending 80% teared up watching Haji cross the line ,all those post credits giving me some wholesome feels Musa my boi looks good ,we still never knew who hana picked lol was half expecting her to say both!.

not often i get left feeling like i'm gonna be seriously missing a show each week but this was one of em Haji really got the unthinkable done

9/10 only thing i would say i wish was better was spreading the focus of all the main cast we got a bit during each section but i felt like people like king didn't get a ton of screen time till the last minute it worked but i would've just liked even more love to everyone
Mar 26, 2019 8:01 PM

Aug 2014
Oh no Hana what is that hair.
Sieg Zeon!
Mar 26, 2019 8:29 PM

Oct 2015
Their song should be 'Mary Mary's- Can't give up now' because those lyrics describe them accurately. They sure came far and from nothing. Those guys did great considering they had 10 members, truly inspiring. Sometimes it is not always about winning the competition but about self achievement and fulfilment. I sure saw their top.

I'm also glad Kakeru broke the record, that was an impressive running from him. The other guys also did best, Haiji even went over his limit and won't ever run again. This was a true slice of life and the best out there and recommend it to people who have brains and even if you don't like anime. This should win an award because it 1000% deserves it. The pacing was great and the development of the characters was spot on.

9/10, nah it's a rare 10/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 26, 2019 8:35 PM

Aug 2014
Sad to see this show end. What a great ride it was from week 1.

Damn near perfect ending, excellent character growth and a solid pace.
Mar 26, 2019 8:42 PM

Jul 2016
What an incredible way to conclude this anime with such emotional final episode, I really loved it. All Kansei team members gave their absolut best and as a result, they managed to qualify to the next year's Hakone, so proud of them. And not to mention that Kakeru could break Fujioka's record and establish one of his own in the section so props to him as well.

This series took its time to fully convince me but the second cour made all the wait worth it. The development for both the story and the characters was incredibly well executed and the conclusion was as satisfying as I expected.

All in all, it was an amazing experience without a doubt. Production I.G sure knows how to make great sports anime. 9/10
Mar 26, 2019 8:50 PM

Sep 2017
That was an awesome journey and great finale. They nailed building up the tension with all the legs shots and then finally having the pain come up through Haiji's expressions. That very last stretch was incredible. The victory pose was also incredible well done. Surprised we never found out what actually injured his leg, but it doesn't matter at the end of the day.

I was happy to see the Kansai team flourishing in the future. I guess it's to be expected after a performance like that. Tho I was surprised both twins stayed on the team as one of em was saying how running wasn't something they'd stick with during their section. I guess staying on a uni team isn't a life long commitment anyhow.

Well, wonderful series. 8/10
Mar 26, 2019 9:01 PM

Jun 2013
I loved every episode. It is very good to watch an anime that stays perfect in all its moments. The plot and its unfolding, the direction, the songs, the script and especially the characters and their wonderful development. Lessons in life were passed in a very touching way. I will not forget this anime so soon. I will miss.
10/10.
Gimme more character development and/or romance. Probally a shotacon.

Mar 26, 2019 9:15 PM

Feb 2013
This was great, had some laughs, bit of drama, hint of romance, what else do you need? 8/10
Mar 26, 2019 9:47 PM

Aug 2008
I loved the anime. Great animation, and strong moments and character development. Bordering on the bittersweet as far as endings go, but it felt satisfying.

I love sports anime, they're quite fun and thrilling to watch, and this studio delivered yet again. Good stuff.
Mar 26, 2019 10:21 PM
Feb 2016
damn i so fucking love this year and next year. got lots of great anime.
Mar 26, 2019 10:27 PM

Nov 2018
I love this anime so much, I think I want to do a cosplay for it at the anime con coming up in my city in the next two weeks.

Even though I don't think most people will get what anime it is, I'll gladly enlighten everyone to one of the best anime they'll ever see. 😎
Mar 26, 2019 10:33 PM

Feb 2008
I'm gonna say this over and over but

People are really missing out on this show! This is truly a hidden gem!
It deserves so much more recognition!

One of the best anime I have watched in years!

I'm gonna miss this show so much
All the laughter and tears shed just for this anime
The ending was well done

Thank you Production I.G

RUNNING returned to me in an even more beautiful form.
Can one man be so blessed?
Mar 26, 2019 10:56 PM

May 2015
9/10
Production IG is king of sports anime.
Mar 26, 2019 11:59 PM

Oct 2015
Great finale. Haiji's last stretch was painful to watch. I like how the series focused a lot more on the development of the characters and their internal struggles, telling a story through a sport rather than having the actual sport as the centerpiece if you get what I mean.

In the end I don't think it really matters who Hana-chan likes. It does give a bit of closure, but great endings don't have to give you every single little answer.

btw, Nira gets some of the best frames ever given to a dog.
Mar 27, 2019 1:16 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great finale to what has overall been a fine show!

Haiji sacrificing his leg to achieve his dream was a very powerful message and seeing those moments with his teammates and friends spurring him in his own mind was a wonderful display! Damn @ at that injury though, Kakeru realising right away and just thinking of the gravity of the whole situation was heartrending, to say the least. Speaking of Kakeru, looks like he broke the record for the Hakone Ekiden and that was really commendable, although it was quite obvious he would. But I think what really pleased me was how unselfish he was by running to catch up to Haiji’s finish line and not hogging the game to himself. Fujioka’s ace says “Challenge accepted!” in response, great to see such sportsmanship! Kakeru’s rival and old friend there breaking down as the results cake was a little saddening, he’s lost to Kakeru yet again and this time on a much greater scale. Lol, we still don’t know who Hana is in love with, I was sure it’d be Haiji-san but well who knows. Timeskip and we get a glimpse of the adult looks of the seniors. I was honestly shocked by Musa’s moustache, I thought it’d been like 10-15 years already lol, and it took me a while to notice Nico-Chan Senpai lol. The team is lively as ever, meanwhile, and it was nice to see Kakeru and the Jo-twins still keeping up with running unlike their seniors who’ve pursued different characters. Looks like Haiji has taken up the same profession as his father and I’m sure he’ll be great at it!

As for the whole show in general, it comes down to a fine(ish) rating despite the mid-second cour onwards really picking up pace and ending on such a high note. I just feel as though the first half was far too pointless drama-oriented especially considering that they started to fall in love with running themselves soon right after. And then there’s the unrealistic goal to boot which they actually managed, no surprises here anymore, and so it just felt a little too easy-going and off. Coupled with this, there was the harsh realism of the sport world so it was kind of ironic in a way I suppose. Sound Department in particular was the enticing highlight of this show and the Animation Quailty was really great throughout, some poor CGI shots during the final races but nothing too much of a biggie overall when compared to the high standards during the rest.

- Storyline: 7/10
- Characterization: 6/10
- Sound Department: 9/10
- Art/Animation Scale: 8/10
- Personal Enjoyment: 5/10 1st half and 7.5/10 2nd half => 6/10

Overall:
I’ll award this a solid 6.5/10 like I hinted above above. It’s not the most deserved 7 for me but I think the whole realism bit, although it was sort of underwhelming, just for being here deserves a little praise at the very least since it’s not everyday we get shows as such.
_MushiRock11_Mar 27, 2019 11:15 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 27, 2019 1:21 AM

Dec 2016
What an amazing show, glad it exceeded my expectations 100 times over lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 27, 2019 1:25 AM

Mar 2017
Now i don't have anything to look forward to every wednesday :( i hope a special will come out with some cool extra story.
Mar 27, 2019 3:00 AM

Mar 2017
I find it so adorable that Prince is cheering for Kakeru awww, they were fighting at first but look at them ;w;
And hooray for Kakeru!!! He beat the record ♥

I screamed so hard when Haiji felt the pain while he was going towards the goal

I'M SO PROUD OF MY BBYSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GLAD THAT THEY'RE HAPPY AND THE KANSEI UNI TRACK AND FIELD TEAM'S MEMEBRS ARE SO MANYYYY YAYYY

I'm going to miss them, I want a special or a second season ;w;
i can feel a hole in my heart after finishing the last episode.

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Mar 27, 2019 3:37 AM
Nov 2015
One of the few shows that was great from start to finish. OST is superb. Hope the studio will continue to take their anime in this direction from now on.
Mar 27, 2019 3:46 AM

Aug 2015
I legit cried throughout the last half of the final episode. Can't even remember the last time that's happened to me. What a beautiful series. The recency bias is pretty strong but that has gone straight into my top 5 anime.
And I'm here in your pocket
Curled up in a dollar
And the chain from your watch around my neck
And I'll stay right here until it's time
Mar 27, 2019 3:56 AM

Mar 2016
Kakeru actually broke the record. He's amazing!

I could actually feel Haiji's pain. The sound and animation and editing, all, did a fantastic job. This studio makes me love it more and more every time.

When the final shock happened to Haiji's leg, I winced even though the imagery wasn't disgusting at all. Then, the sadness just came crawling into me; my fear came true—Haiji had indeed been trying to run freely one last time.

Ouji looks hot in his suit. How unexpected!

The club has so many new members. Haiji must be proud.

The title, "Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru" really fits the story. They run, feeling the powerful wind blowing against them.

Loved the last dialogue before everything ended; "Do you like running?"
That really made my eyes moist; ending the story with the same line that started it.
Mar 27, 2019 7:18 AM
Jun 2016
Best series which started off low and ended like a champion just like Kansei did in Hakone Ekiden!
Mar 27, 2019 7:26 AM
Feb 2016
No I'm not crying....

Masterpiece
Mar 27, 2019 7:27 AM
Dec 2017
Satisfying ending but I NEED to know, was it ever revealed who Hana likes?
Mar 27, 2019 8:56 AM

Aug 2018
yes, i fucking cried.
yes, i feel fucking empty.

I started watching this show since the beginning 6 months ago, and now, seeing it arriving at the end, im fucking sad.

perfect story,perfect pacing, it was great from start to finish.
lovable characters that grown on me, every of them was literally fantastic,
superb and omg PERFECT soundtrack, for real, i cant stop listening to it,
and an amazing and satisfying ending, im sad that most of them will not run anymore but im happy to know that we ll probably get a 2nd season.

what a beautiful show it was, an hidden gem.

Thank you Production I.G.
Mar 27, 2019 8:57 AM

Aug 2013
CHOTTO MATTE !!!! WHO IS HANA'S CRUSH IN THE END ???

p/s: that finale tho, gotta love that ending music in the background.
Mar 27, 2019 9:12 AM

Feb 2011
Meliodas-22 said:
GGib said:

How did you know it ?

The second day of Ekiden takes place on 3rd of January (at the end of Kakeru's first year) and after the time skip, you can see cherry blossoms falling, meaning it's around April (when Kakeru's fourth year has just begun). That makes 2 years and 3 months for the time skip.
Mar 27, 2019 10:17 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Wow, never would I have thought I'd enjoy this series so much. I'm not familiar with the novel, but if nothing major was changed, then I'd say that Miura Shion is a great writer, given how much I also enjoyed Fune wo Amu. Also huge props to Production IG, the script writer, the director, Hayashi GOD Yuuki for his inspirational music, and the whole team for bringing this adaptation into life in such a wonderful way. I enjoyed the first half, but the second half had such a huge payoff as well bringing all the emotions onto the table.

Tbh, while I enjoyed almost all the episodes the whole way through, I had the same reservations as a few others who didn't feel comfortable with the way Haiji "convinced" the team to start running, but I think ultimately, they were all people who needed that push to do something new, out of their comfort zone, or just to start anew. It may not always be that in real life, but that's what makes story-telling interesting, it doesn't have to be full-on realistic (for example, yes it's unrealistic that a team made up of mostly non-runners and some being rather sedentary could even improve by that much). It's good that it turned out to be an amazing, life-changing memory and event in their lives. Everyone grew from this experience, I loved seeing the depth written into each of the characters as we see them run in their respective part of the race. It's honestly amazing how the series made me root for Ouji and feel such a sense of accomplishment for him, as well as how it made relate to King when I didn't care much about him for the majority of the series. But in retrospect, I can really understand the King from the beginning of the series now.

There's a lot of other elements that I love about this series, such as the touching upon family problems, recruiting sponsors from the community (showing that you really can't do everything alone and need the support of others), and just simply being in touch with others, that other people allow you to grow.

I can't reiterate enough how much I enjoyed KazeTsuyo, it's been an incredible watch, not to mention how inspirational it has been. I also never expected to have come out with crying in several episodes, and definitely not crying through half of the the finale. What an emotional yet uplifting ending it was :)

P.S. Lol when Ouji was saying, "KAKERU! KAKERU! KAKERU!" So adorable, haha. He was the most excited he had ever been in the series. I'm going to really miss this series, but all good things come to an end, and in the sea of unfinished or open-ended endings, I'm glad KazeTsuyo not only ended on a strong note, but also with a closed ending.

Mar 27, 2019 11:22 AM
Feb 2017
What an amazing show. I didn't expect that much with this show, but it blew me away and is very relatable to anyone who runs. I appreciate how they played out the ending of them getting 10th place and getting a seed, rather than a sudden jump to first place or something.

Great show, 9/10
Mar 27, 2019 11:46 AM

Apr 2016
What an emotional ending! Truly fantastic anime from start to finish. Characters are drawn out fully. Emotions run high. This anime captures it all. Truly underrated.
Mar 27, 2019 11:49 AM

May 2015
Shows like this annoy me because they're so good that I want more but at the same time I know the ending was perfectly concluded and any type of continuation would just be milking it. Ugh, I can't win.

Amazing show. 9/10.

♡ artist
サコ
Mar 27, 2019 1:39 PM
Jul 2012
Damn gonna miss this show. Tuesday nights were great. The show motivated me as well to start training (quite lame i know) Atleast it had a satisfying ending as well, really impressed with how it went!
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2019

84 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 2:52 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2019

66 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2019

93 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2019

68 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 1:53 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2018

95 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 1:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.