Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Domestic na Kanojo Chapter 225 Discussion

Mar 26, 6:18 AM

THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Chapter about kidnappers... Natsuo managed to make a call and Hina and Marie come to the rescue (strange, kidnappers did not confiscated a phone from Natsuo). Fast plot development.

Mar 26, 12:31 PM
Akagi-kun said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Chapter about kidnappers... Natsuo managed to make a call and Hina and Marie come to the rescue (strange, kidnappers did not confiscated a phone from Natsuo). Fast plot development.

I thought it was a decent chapter. The kidnappers not taking Natsuo phone did feel contrived. I hope nothing happens to Marie while trying to save Natsu

Mar 26, 12:45 PM
I'm loving this development. Hina to the rescue with helmet and a stick!

Mar 26, 3:30 PM
This arc in general has been pretty great. Being able to see a lifestyle that Natsuo could of easily fallen into given the correct circumstances really strikes a chord.

I have a bad feeling this whole situation is still going to go south and Misaki is going to sacrifice herself to save Natsuo. That would hit really hard.

As for the contrivance with the phone. I somewhat agree.
Though, when you think about it, the criminals pretty much rushed them and threw them inside the truck as quickly as they could, probably to avoid witnesses. Also, as Marie pointed out with the safety, they just might not be very good criminals? They're supposed to be a newer gang on the scene so I can honestly see them screwing up like this.

Mar 26, 4:27 PM

Dacenkrone1 said:

Though, when you think about it, the criminals pretty much rushed them and threw them inside the truck as quickly as they could, probably to avoid witnesses. Also, as Marie pointed out with the safety, they just might not be very good criminals? They're supposed to be a newer gang on the scene so I can honestly see them screwing up like this.

Well, may be. Your arguments is accepted.
More importantly, the manga takes a break...

Mar 26, 4:58 PM
Akagi-kun said:
Dacenkrone1 said:

Well, may be. Your arguments is accepted.
More importantly, the manga takes a break...

Though I definitely still think it's a pretty convenient plot device, just one that can be explained away.

Mar 26, 5:54 PM

@Akagi-kun
"More importantly, the manga takes a break..." [/quote]

Is the manga taking a break? Or did you mean something else?
Modified by dabdan43, Mar 26, 6:04 PM

Mar 26, 6:04 PM
Pretty good chapter, the criminals seem like amateurs as u already mentioned in the comments, the safety, the mobile but they pretty much admit it themselves since the "leader" calls it his time to shine since the yakuza disbanded/failed.
The hand that touched Hina was Marie and they forced the dude in the apartment to tell them where they were.I doubt they are alone though, Hina and Marie they have to be there (some yakuza) as well and they remain "hidden" for suspense till 9th of April with the new chapter.

Mar 26, 6:13 PM

dabdan43 said:

@Akagi-kun
"More importantly, the manga takes a break..."

Is the manga taking a break? Or did you mean something else?[/quote]
Yup. Next week the manga will be on a break.

Mar 26, 6:15 PM
Akagi-kun said:
dabdan43 said:

@Akagi-kun
"More importantly, the manga takes a break..."

Is the manga taking a break? Or did you mean something else?

Yup. Next week the manga will be on a break.[/quote]

Oh ok, thanks. Is it just for a week or are you unsure?

Mar 26, 6:20 PM

@dabdan43

I hope so. I. e. the release date of the next Chapter, the earliest, on April 9.

Mar 26, 6:22 PM
Akagi-kun said:
@dabdan43

I hope so. I. e. the release date of the next Chapter, the earliest, on April 9.

Oh ok, thanks for the info!

Mar 27, 6:05 AM
Lol I can feel a big hina x natsuo coming due to this event. These 2 are ao destined to be together

Mar 27, 12:08 PM
OGAnime said:
Lol I can feel a big hina x natsuo coming due to this event. These 2 are ao destined to be together

I know, right! xD
That is how it'suppose to be :P
" THE BIRD OF HERMES IS MY NAME, EATING MY WINGS TO MAKE ME TAME... "

Mar 27, 12:09 PM
It was kind of predictable but still i liked it.
Man i just love Hina xD

Mar 27, 2:24 PM

Im ready to see Marie fuck these dudes up.

Also..it bothers me that Hina is there. She knows Natsuos been kidnapped, Marie knows its gang related. And unless Marie knows these guys are clowns (Which they could be because the dude did have the safety on) Why would he bring Hina along and endanger her as well?
Fall 2019 Waifus in Profile.

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 27, 7:47 PM
The cavalry has arrived

Mar 27, 8:07 PM
Natsuo and hina are about to get back together, I can already easy it.

Mar 28, 11:30 AM
Pointygnome said:
Truthteller said:
Natsuo and hina are about to get back together, I can already easy it.

That's an almost certainty at this point but them getting together sooner than later actually lowers her chances on becoming the endgame girl.

If you split up the manga in 4 parts it would look somewhat like this:
Prologue/Start: Hina
Early beginning: Rui
Midgame(Current phase): Hina
Endgame: ????

Or easier to read format: Hina > Rui > Hina > ENDGAME GIRL

Midgame/Endgame can be a build up to Hina and Natsuo getting together OR they get together in the upcoming few chapters and Natsuo ends up with a different girl in the end.

It could be already endgame if we take into consideration that the manga will end with less than 300 chapters (as she said and does it) IF that happens AND the author wants Hina and Natsuo together. They have to get together, start a healthy relationship from scratch and let behind the old scars, which takes time to do all these plus the endings of the other characters, like Rui and the chef (?), their friends from school etc, etc.
It seems like it's too late to introduce a new girl unless it is the girl from the drama club, but she is a bit of a side character that was used mostly to show us more reasons/issues between Rui and Natsuo.

Mar 28, 12:31 PM

But does Natsuo Interested in Hina now? That's the question. For now, i think, apparently not.
I believe that now is the time for the entry Hina in the game, but I also think her solo game won't last long. Just until Rui comes back to the game. And only at this point everything will become clear.

Mar 28, 1:22 PM
Akagi-kun said:
But does Natsuo Interested in Hina now? That's the question. For now, i think, apparently not.
I believe that now is the time for the entry Hina in the game, but I also think her solo game won't last long. Just until Rui comes back to the game. And only at this point everything will become clear.

He seems interested and tbf Rui pretty much acted as a rebound, it was shown clearly till she returned he had feelings for her and he has shown some signs that he is still interested but didnt make a move cause he was still with Rui. After they broke up, i think there is a scene that he looks flustered when she touches him.
Old loves usually leave their mark on the person especially when they ended with a pretty bad break up. We will see

Mar 28, 1:28 PM
Each split doesn't necessarily has to be 25% each and besides that the endgame is usually only a small part of the story(10%~) unless they drag along the conclusion way too much.

Usually these kind of manga tend to go for 'First girl wins' kind of deal but you can consider both as first. Rui because the first encounter was with her and Hina because she was his first love.

Yea i agree with u, with ur format, prologue/start plus early beginning should be a 20% of the total story, midgame a 60-70% and the rest endgame.
I bet my money that the conclusion will be dragged, the story has been dragged a lot during some plot points and i believe this will be the case especially for the end. If u could endgame all the endings for the cast as i mentioned above and if she doesnt want to make it a chapter per ending, the endgame will be longer.
As for which girl was first, yea, it's a matter of perspective, both are first in their own right. In my book Hina is first cause she was his first love, sex can be just a thing to have fun and nothing more and the relationship he had with Rui pretty much a rebound and a way to give back some of her kindness makes it personally as a Hina ending, obviously i could be wrong too.

Mar 28, 6:18 PM
I think we are gonna be seeing some Natsuo/Hina moments.
Im really looking forward to it.

xD

Mar 28, 6:33 PM
SoL Enthusiast

Definitely played out how I thought it would. Looks like there might be a Hina and Natsuo moment.
:)

Mar 28, 9:48 PM
Predictable. Still good.

I thought it was reasonable for some non-yakuza thugs just throwing them in the back to not pat them down. That didn't seem ridiculous to me though I thought they'd here Hina in the call. I also don't have any clue how they can justify Hina and Marie finding exactly where they are. Marie doing the beatdown is also predictable...

but that's fine. Pretty hype for Marie to bring the old school beatdown.

Think Misaka has to die though. That's a fresh bit of trauma... Hrm. Think it's more enjoyable when it hits me rather than trying to guess what's next.

Mar 29, 6:42 AM
Kisai113 said:
Predictable. Still good.

I thought it was reasonable for some non-yakuza thugs just throwing them in the back to not pat them down. That didn't seem ridiculous to me though I thought they'd here Hina in the call. I also don't have any clue how they can justify Hina and Marie finding exactly where they are. Marie doing the beatdown is also predictable...

but that's fine. Pretty hype for Marie to bring the old school beatdown.

Think Misaka has to die though. That's a fresh bit of trauma... Hrm. Think it's more enjoyable when it hits me rather than trying to guess what's next.

They found out where they were from the dude that was searching the apartment (makes sense, since Hina was outside the apartment and a hand that looked exactly like Marie's grabbed her shoulder) so i guess they beat him up and got the info.

Mar 29, 9:20 AM

Marieeeeeeee ♥ to the rescueee

Mar 29, 9:30 AM

Marie and Hina - Rescue Rangers )

Mar 29, 9:41 AM

I feel a little sad that this Misaki girl is basically a plot device... maybe Natsuo will get ideas to write from here and he will get some growing as a person, just for her to fall into secondary character oblivion (I'm thinking Momo and Serisawa right now). And I feel sad because, even if it's forced and over the top, this one is actually the first of the girls that's genuinely interesting and not a variation of a perfect girl archetype: someone flawed that really needs someone else in her life, and not just a posh girl feeling lovesick. Also, that aurora borealis dream a few chapters ago was heartwarming.

Mar 29, 3:37 PM

Can't help but feel like "Kept you waiting, huh?" was a Metal Gear Solid reference.

Mar 30, 2:00 PM
I just marathoned this up to chap 225 after the anime ended and wow, these feels, it's been a while. I'm 31 and feel like a teenager again, ahah.

I certainly speed-read some parts but that just increased the emotion density.

So from what I read nobody's believing Rui will make a come back?
I'd love to prove you wrong in the future, mark my words!

Mar 30, 11:05 PM

Mystouille said:

A lot of people believe the end will be with Rui, and so do I.

Mar 30, 11:24 PM

Can't wait to see how this gets resolved with Marie and Hina getting to them relatively quickly. I really want to see some more Natsuo x Hina again.

Apr 1, 5:41 PM
Marie & Hina to the rescue! O Kawaai Koto :')

Apr 2, 9:54 AM
So reading through all the comments, there definitely seems to be a lot of Natsuo/Hina fans. Personally, I've been a fan with Rui, because that relationship was not Natsuo's first love, and also they both grew considerably as a result. You could argue she was the rebound girl, but she genuinely cared for him even though he reluctantly avoided his feelings because he didn't want to "repeat his mistake". In both relationships, however, they ultimately were broken off by the girls as a way to "protect each other" -- Hina to keep her teaching job and so Natsuo wouldn't throw away his future as a novelist, and Rui because they were becoming burdens to each other with the jealousy and frustration from being apart (I also think Serizawa or Tokiya were mostly used as plot points to cause the jealousy for this breakup).

Personally, I don't feel like he'll end up with either, (despite how much I am a fan of Natsuo/Rui) and Misaki and Natsuo will continue to grow together. While I can't say it will form a relationship, I feel their hopelessness of not being able to reach their dreams will form --at the very least -- a comradery that allows them both to lean on each other, grow and even be happy again. This, mixed with the fact they aren't step-siblings to add to the complications, and they don't have any awkward history together (former teacher, lost virginity in one night stand) to get in the way.

The other thing that I see is that both sisters have a keepsake of their romantic relationships, and they may just be left as what they have to remember their good times together. I don't believe someone new will be introduced, but as much as it pains me to say, I don't think either sister will end up with him.

Apr 2, 1:59 PM
Marie is a legitimate candidate for best girl and I'm not sure how I feel about that

Apr 3, 7:11 AM

What is this, a Shounen manga? Marie comes in clutch in the last moment

EDIT: Oh nvm, it is a shounen manga... seems very mature for one
datenAzusa said:
Marie is a legitimate candidate for best girl and I'm not sure how I feel about that

Same.

Apr 3, 2:44 PM

Shiit this is the first time in months that I'm actually excited for a DomeKano chapter. Hope Marie does something epic

Apr 3, 10:43 PM
Kinda just feels like a completely unnecessary, poorly written, random arc... Not really sure how to feel about it cause I've been loving everything up to this point

Apr 3, 11:14 PM
Mystouille said:
I just marathoned this up to chap 225 after the anime ended and wow, these feels, it's been a while. I'm 31 and feel like a teenager again, ahah.

I certainly speed-read some parts but that just increased the emotion density.

I'm still rooting for Hina...

Preview MangaManga Store