Forum Settings
Forums

At what point does a PTW list become too big?

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Post New Reply
Mar 28, 7:42 AM
I just use my PTW as a way to kind of bookmark stuff that sounds like maybe it could be worth checking out- so the more the better, really, as long as it IS stuff that there's a chance I might want to watch.

Somehow I ended up using my "on-hold" list more as an actual "plan to watch" list, my PTW is more like "plan to maybe see if it's worth watching"

Mar 28, 10:10 AM
Destiny!

I use mine just too remember names of anime and for the up coming season and I don't think it can get too big.

Kimochi Warui

Mar 28, 10:24 AM

I like to be experimental and check a lot of anime from the past to the present. Of course, in my own pace, I try to chip it away, bit by bit.

i take this magnetic force of a man to be my lover
my heart's been borrowed and yours has been blue
all's well that ends well to end up with you ✕ swear
to be over-dramatic and true to my lover

Mar 28, 10:54 AM

depends on the person. for me, i never used to let it go past 100 animes - these days i just don't bother looking for new things to watch, they tend to find me.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?

Mar 28, 10:54 AM

I stopped putting anime in my PTW list long time ago because now when I see an interesting anime I start to watch it immediately

Mar 28, 12:23 PM
Polish Hussar

My PTW list is pretty big, I guess...

Mar 28, 12:34 PM

It should never be more than 25% of my completed list.

Mar 28, 12:52 PM

Welll ... I guess everyone has different views on what to add to the PTW list. Some people just add everything that seems the tiniest bit interesting to them.

I try to only rarely add stuff ... when I really plan to atcually watch it. (And as I know I have limited time and barely watch older stuff - mainly airing - I have a pretty small PTW list.)

I usually add sequels to stuff I liked - which have not aired yet. Or older stuff from a franchise where I watched something at some point which caught my interest enought to make me think "hey I should watch the older stuff of that franchise". (Sometimes only adding the 1st in release order and adding the others later should I start to watch the 1st in order. So the list won't get tooo big.)

Mar 28, 1:26 PM

There's no point to set a limit beyond which a PTW list is too much, at least as I see it. It just signifies that those are the stuff that you're interested in watching at one point, doesn't have to be tomorrow. I personally use the feature to remember shows I'll likely forget otherwise.

Mar 28, 1:50 PM

Well ... I just pass by browsing in MAL and coincidentally I have a large PTW list. All I have are series that I simply have the interest to see them in the future, and so not forget the names of those series.

Mar 28, 2:03 PM

It never can. Yes, never.

I literally add anything that catches my eye to it, lol.

Mar 28, 3:09 PM
Anything more then say 200 is a lot imo. (I'm guilty of putting more then 200 in my PTW List).

100 is in my opinion the most doable.

Mar 28, 3:39 PM

when u have entries like mineeeeeee

Mar 28, 4:07 PM

When you look at it and feel like you actually aren't interested in watching the stuff that's on it.

I tend to impulsively add shows that I have somewhat of an interest in at the time. But I try to clean up the list after a while. I prefer to only have things I really want to watch on there. The other stuff can be added back when I run out of things to watch or change my mind about it. If I end up completely forgetting about it probably wasn't that important anyway.

Mar 28, 4:08 PM

Idk but sometimes I found anime that I added to the PTW something like 2 years ago when I created my MAL account.

Mar 28, 4:08 PM

It's way too big when it's higher than 0.

Mar 28, 4:25 PM

There's no such thing as a too big PTW list. I put everything I find remotely interesting in there and I do plan to watch them all someday. It may take a few years, but let's be real.... it's not like I have anything better to do.

Mar 28, 9:58 PM
No-Star

100+

I prefer it at 0. I guess it'll be a while before that happens..

Mar 28, 10:29 PM
Maybe when there's over 300 anime on the list. It just depends on how long the anime are, how fast they watch them, and how much time they have to watch them.

For example, my PTW list has exactly 150 anime on it. For me, it might be too much. I very rarely finish an anime within a single day or even week. I tend to take long breaks between episodes, especially while watching anime with 25+ episodes. At most, I might watch about 4 episodes back to back. Also, I tend to not have a lot of time to watch anime. So...yeah. I might need to shrink that PTW list down...

Mar 29, 12:36 AM

I'd say any number over 100 is already too much

While I sink to the bottom
I'll sing out as it fills with water

I hope I've done enough

Mar 29, 12:49 AM

Normally a "plan to watch" list consists of
1.Anime you think you might like
2.Anime whose 1st season you have seen and are interested in it's continuations
3.Anime whose source material you have enjoyed (manga, light novel and game)

When there are to many of either of these, the list becomes to big. Also when additional anime of a 4th kind are also added, again the list becomes to big.

Mar 29, 12:51 AM

In my opinion it’s once it reaches 200+ more than what you have watched
To me a giant PTW is too intimidating and stressful. My PTW is about the same size of completed, which is pretty fair for me. Varies by person I gues.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]