Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2019 12:13 PM

Aug 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So many Friends in one episode!
Mar 25, 2019 12:22 PM

Aug 2018
And another somewhat mean spirited episode concludes. At least it had most of the friends with only one noticeable absence, Doggo. And of course we had Kyururu running around in her oblivious, narcissistic way as she does.

We’ll see if the have a decent heart warming finale, or will they pull a School Days on us? The writing in this series leaves something to be desired.
Mar 25, 2019 12:56 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well that was mildly disturbing yet cheerful and heartwarming at the same time somehow
Mar 25, 2019 1:31 PM

Sep 2018
looks like there will be a battle next episode, can't wait for it
Mar 25, 2019 4:07 PM

Nov 2009
"Shit's On Water, Yo"
It seemed like they kinda forgot about the flooding lower levels, spawning/remaining ceruleans and big-ass cerulean in the water, and the hotel staff is ready to accomodate the guests. Priorities I guess.
Mar 25, 2019 4:19 PM

Sep 2015
The source of the problems will save the day in the last episode, very original. As if she being saved in the last minute for whole cavalry was not cliche enough.

The writing is pitiful so far, I don't think this gonna change in the last episode.

You may think this is not whort of all the hate just because of the situation with the first season, but even if was a solo project it would be far away from good. The score so far its pretty generous.
Mar 25, 2019 5:13 PM

Oct 2015
Giant Panda was my highlight, what a good character. I wonder if Kyururu is really human if she has the powers to summon Ceruleans through her drawings? Does she even have the home they're looking for?

I am a bit curious, but just a bit though.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 25, 2019 6:09 PM

Dec 2018
felt rushed, like everyone knew it would be, but not terrible. I didn't really leave the episode feeling anything too strongly, interested in the wrap up next week.
Mar 25, 2019 9:23 PM
Feb 2015
I think there might be a connection between those ceruleans from season 2 and that black one from season 1. If you think about it, ceruleans can only be killed by punching it on its core or the eye, and since that black cerulean from season 1 sank into the bottom of the ocean because Kaban and the Friends think it should have died because it was formed by the volcanic rocks. Now, you have ceruleans coming out of the ocean near the coast of the Japari Park in season 2. That volcano could have been be formed by that black cerulean's dead body
Mar 26, 2019 12:48 AM

Feb 2017
honestly im scared that the next episode is gonna give us a feels trip like the previous season's finale did
Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill.
Mar 26, 2019 1:50 AM

Oct 2013
This season deserves a better score
Mar 26, 2019 2:31 PM
Jan 2013
VanishingKira said:
Second worst rated episode on nico nico douga now
broke its own record lol
gone bai bai
Mar 27, 2019 10:23 AM
Sep 2017
If you think about it, ceruleans can only be killed by punching it on its core or the eye

Where'd you get this from? It's entirely wrong...
Mar 28, 2019 4:44 AM

Oct 2008
LOL all of the friends gathered! it was nice that everyone took care of those Ceruleans!
It was so cute on how the truck was carrying all of the Friends!
Even Hulu's fall from the back of the truck was moe!
5/5.

Mar 28, 2019 10:10 AM

Feb 2016
The story writing is still poor, with characters having linear thinking, no surprises, solving problems by bruteforce instead of smarts, and relying 100% on the cuteness of their characters for the success of the show. They also have this habit of breaking the tension of their cliffhangers in the first minute of the next episode. Some screenshots!

Ok bird, you are shaming a 9 year old girl for not worrying about philosophy and destiny when she was doodling. If her drawings were not magical there would be no problem about drawing whatever she wants, so this is a forced "you are wrong" moment.

Wait, where are you going? Isn't everyone coming here because only the correct friend can defeat their cerulean equivalent?

And talking about gathering everyone, wasn't it easier to move kyururu to where the other friends are, than move every other friend to where kyururu is?

"Look, in case we need more enemies, we brought the cursed drawings to the place that's leaking ceruleum. I'm a genius!"

Looks like ceruleum is a photosearching sentient being and not just a material like sandstar. It doesn't leak, it doesn't morph into any of the furniture or other objects like before. Now it knows there's a photo on the table and it's coming for ir.

Which are the real ears? We see her protecting both ears, then listening with one pair while protecting one pair, then listening with both ears.

While this scene was funny, I believe it hurts the perception of power levels. If we measure their strength by what we see on screen:

- It shows that these "stronger" enemies are still very weak compared to normal friends.

- It shows that any friend can defeat many enemies (panda does so even while asleep) even if they are not the correct type. No more need of cheetah fighting cheetah, etc.

- Serval has trouble fighting 1, while others defeat multiple, so isn't stronger or special.

- The beast ran away from serval, so the beast isn't that stronger.

- Doggie was baddly hurt by the beast, so doggie really sucks at fighting.

- Nobody had a single scratch after fighting dozens of clones, so yes, doggie must really suck at fighting.

Now the hopes for a grand finale are set on this... blue ugly blob. We don't know anything about it other than it's big, and that it screams. Not the most formidable foe, but hey, don't give up blue blob, try to hit them at least once!

Azumi-teiMar 28, 2019 12:03 PM
Mar 30, 2019 5:07 AM
Mar 2012
Quite a funny episode, with a big Friends reunion.

Kyururu's internal thoughts (shown as trippy birds of paradise duo) here, talking about why Kyururu included Siberian Tiger Beast, probably topleft in the crowd drawing. Hints at Tiger probably was abused by humans (while Doggo was loved by humans), but apparently Kyururu wishes to understand all of them, even the Beast.
Well it seems Beast Cerulean clone hasn't appeared yet, hopefully Pigeon escapes, but Kyururu seems to run toward danger at the end.

Lol that's like some packed kindergarten cart.
Bat eared fox dancing to ppp aww too cute, all these ppp mentions makes things better.
Cruise with soundwave attack?? Cerulean slime that seeks pictures?? Is there a reason why Ceruleans don't just copy from the original friend? What if Kyruru is a Cerulean "Queen" who unknowingly designs Ceruleans?

Cheetah x Pronghorn ship is sailing so hard now.
Fights are lots of fun especially Pangolin knockout.

More Campo Flicker (for the house theme) and Hululu for Grape kun.
Mar 31, 2019 12:30 AM
Sep 2017
Is there a reason why Ceruleans don't just copy from the original friend?

They actually can do that, but, well, they have to catch the Friend first. Unlike a drawing, those are mobile and fight back.

It's not unheard of, though...
Apr 1, 2019 12:52 AM

Feb 2016
SoldusJK said:
Is there a reason why Ceruleans don't just copy from the original friend?

They actually can do that, but, well, they have to catch the Friend first. Unlike a drawing, those are mobile and fight back.

It's not unheard of, though...

Well, the ceruleans aren't copying the photos, but the ceruleum is doing it. The same ceruleum that has been resting in flasks at kaban's lab for years and suddenly escaped to create a cerulean bus during episode 5. And now it's ignoring any opportunity to create ceruleanz out of other objects inside the ship and directly heads for the photos. At least it created a giant ship cerulean on its way here.

This ceruleum seems to be a sentient being more than a substance. I wonder what is the practical difference between ceruleum and ceruleans.
Apr 5, 2019 5:03 AM

Oct 2007
Why did Kaban gather all the Friends?

Bad cerulean, don't ruin that nice hotel. Glad that the place wasn't totally wrecked. The upper floors still had lights.

Giant Panda sleeping in the chair so cute! :)

Apr 5, 2019 8:30 AM

Aug 2018
Liddo-kun said:
Why did Kaban gather all the Friends?

Bad cerulean, don't ruin that nice hotel. Glad that the place wasn't totally wrecked. The upper floors still had lights.

Giant Panda sleeping in the chair so cute! :)

I liked all the friends being carted around, they sound just like a bunch of kids packed into a car on a long trip. lol

I also loved the whole hotel staff, they were some of my favorite friends the whole season. Bat eared fox was my favorite of the 3, but pig and snake were both pretty funny too.
Apr 8, 2019 4:14 PM

Feb 2017
young_kappa said:
honestly im scared that the next episode is gonna give us a feels trip like the previous season's finale did

HAHAHAHA boy i expected too much
Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill.
Nov 5, 2021 3:16 AM

Feb 2020
Bat-Eared Fox couldn't be more happier because now her hotel is full of customers. :)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kemono Friends 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrAwesome2018 - Apr 1, 2019

70 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:22 PM

Poll: » Kemono Friends 2 Episode 7 Discussion

MrAwesome2018 - Feb 25, 2019

17 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Nov 26, 2023 11:48 PM

Poll: » Kemono Friends 2 Episode 2 Discussion

MrAwesome2018 - Jan 21, 2019

25 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Nov 25, 2023 1:38 AM

» I want to forget all this!!!!!

Ghefira - Mar 8, 2023

3 by Ghefira »»
Mar 12, 2023 3:51 AM

» is there any link to this Anime?

KhoaVN - Aug 13, 2022

2 by KhoaVN »»
Aug 13, 2022 10:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.