Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 25, 2019 5:15 AM
Nov 2015
Spectacular episode. Whole arc was great but some episodes could be considered as some of the best in the history of one piece.
Mar 25, 2019 10:15 AM

Nov 2014
What's with these musicals they just annoyed me.
Mar 25, 2019 1:05 PM
Sep 2012
NoobHunterD said:
It only took me 5 years and I've finally caught up with One Piece!
The adventure was well worth the time. Looking forward to the weekly episodes

I felt like that when I caught up with one piece years ago at the end of ennies lobby / cp9 arc. not as many episodes, but same feeling I believe!
Mar 25, 2019 1:45 PM

Apr 2013
Pretty slow episode, also the backstory of Big Mom's children still makes no sense. Why would anyone be stupid enough to attack the children of Big Mom???

Also did I spot Crocodile in the preview for next episode? :o
Mar 25, 2019 2:12 PM

May 2014
link9us said:
Well thats a wrap! Thus finally ends whole cake island. They closed it out with an "opera" literally lol. Such a great amazing episode. But when you look back at the arc as a whole, this one is probably best read in the manga aside from the musicals which i think the studio did an amazing job at.

I didn't realize how dragged out this arc really was but 96 freaken episodes??? Holy SHIT!! That is damn near almost as large as dressrosa but yet that arc was 100+ chapters in the manga. This arc was only 78 chapters. Yet the anime some how ended up being longer then the manga arc. That is crazy. This type of ratio almost never happens. It is usually the anime has less episodes then the manga obviously.

So like for dressrosa for example, you can expect about 80-90 episodes to adapt a 100 chapter manga for a pretty fluent pacing but for WCI it really should have be something like 60+ episodes in the anime, but yet it was 96! you see what im getting at. That arc was stretched to the absolute max. No wonder people complained about the pacing so much.

In any case, they are taking a 3/in half month break before wano starts so thats a good thing.

This arc was much better handled though, the manga rushed a lot of things while the anime expanded a lot of stuff.. I enjoyed the anime experience better tbh, the arc came to life and was really cool.

Dressrosa was unbearable.
This episode was amazing, the art, animation and music was an amazing combination.
And of course expanding on the scenes and fights is always welcome... That ending with owner Zeff and flashbacks were amazingly done.
Katakuri blushing addition was the cutest shit I've ever seen, love my big cute bara boi! More fan art pls
ZoroZoldyckMar 25, 2019 2:15 PM

Mar 25, 2019 5:04 PM

Jul 2007
ZoroZoldyck said:
link9us said:
Well thats a wrap! Thus finally ends whole cake island. They closed it out with an "opera" literally lol. Such a great amazing episode. But when you look back at the arc as a whole, this one is probably best read in the manga aside from the musicals which i think the studio did an amazing job at.

I didn't realize how dragged out this arc really was but 96 freaken episodes??? Holy SHIT!! That is damn near almost as large as dressrosa but yet that arc was 100+ chapters in the manga. This arc was only 78 chapters. Yet the anime some how ended up being longer then the manga arc. That is crazy. This type of ratio almost never happens. It is usually the anime has less episodes then the manga obviously.

So like for dressrosa for example, you can expect about 80-90 episodes to adapt a 100 chapter manga for a pretty fluent pacing but for WCI it really should have be something like 60+ episodes in the anime, but yet it was 96! you see what im getting at. That arc was stretched to the absolute max. No wonder people complained about the pacing so much.

In any case, they are taking a 3/in half month break before wano starts so thats a good thing.

This arc was much better handled though, the manga rushed a lot of things while the anime expanded a lot of stuff.. I enjoyed the anime experience better tbh, the arc came to life and was really cool.

Dressrosa was unbearable.
This episode was amazing, the art, animation and music was an amazing combination.
And of course expanding on the scenes and fights is always welcome... That ending with owner Zeff and flashbacks were amazingly done.
Katakuri blushing addition was the cutest shit I've ever seen, love my big cute bara boi! More fan art pls

I really wouldn't call it rushed or at least not use those exact words. Oda him self actually prolonged whole cake island beyond what it was originally intended as and as the pacing of the arc actually suffered with Katakuri's fight and it felt like there were a few plot conveniences along side this arc which is something that does not usually happen with one piece. Eichiro oda usually always plans things out pretty well. Even he admitted that the arc was going to be extend beyond what he originally had plans for which already kind of dragged the story along even in the manga.

How ever i do think there are some moments in the manga that were not explained quite as well which further exemplifies why this arc in particular wasn't as well thought out as other arcs of one piece and leaving alot of exposition in the anime to clear up things. Also there were many great sakugu moments displayed in the anime that would have not had the same impact as in the manga, especially many of the musical moments even some of the more action intensive scenes like the ending of Katakuri's battle.

So i think the anime brought a whole new level of amazement to some outstanding moments in this arc but as a whole, its not my most favorite arc in one piece due its more contrived story and rather certain plot conveniences used such as big mom being Nerfed so the straw hats can escape. How ever i still love the arc, i just think oda can do better and has proven that with more careful planning better execution and a story arc that results in less plot holes.

A comparison for example would be wano, it is clear that he's been waiting to write this arc for a very long time and my god does it show.

Mar 25, 2019 9:34 PM
Feb 2017
It is confirmed that no matter how hard Flampe tries to be the kind and most favorite Katakuri's little sister, Brulee is the one who Katakuri favors...
Mar 25, 2019 10:14 PM

May 2015
What a feels trip. They packed so much content in 1 episode and did it really good. Hopefully we get a new opening song soon.

link9us said:
I am going to introduce a Legend that has been lying dormant in the One piece world. This will become the straw hats Greatest Enemy, Marinford War will look cute compared to THAT!! - Eiichiro Oda

Buggy? Nah, he already had a lot of screen time.

I know,

IT'S FOXY
FOXY'S REVENGE ARC CONFIRMED
Mar 25, 2019 11:52 PM

Jul 2007
anikevin said:
What a feels trip. They packed so much content in 1 episode and did it really good. Hopefully we get a new opening song soon.

link9us said:
I am going to introduce a Legend that has been lying dormant in the One piece world. This will become the straw hats Greatest Enemy, Marinford War will look cute compared to THAT!! - Eiichiro Oda

I know,

IT'S FOXY

haha, i hope foxy does come back at some point. I always felt that this was the only arc in one piece that had really no correlation to the main story and honestly it just felt like oda was high on something when he wrote it. How ever oda did declare that he plans on resolving the story of one piece with no loose ends, so the chances of foxy coming back at some point is pretty high as is eneru.

Mar 26, 2019 5:45 AM

Dec 2013
A strong conclusion to the arc.

Katakuri flashback was the highlight of the episode. It did a good job of changing my opinion on Brulee.
Mar 26, 2019 7:23 PM
Jan 2019
This episode was full of emotions.
At last the Straw Hat Pirates left Tottoland and with this the Whole Cake bow ends. What a joy to get to this point and see the culmination of the bow, I saw it broadcast every Saturday and well, those who did, know how extensive it really was. It lasted almost 3 years, but in spite of everything it was a very good arc and was full of surprises.

And here are some points to comment on this episode:
1. Pudding really fell in love with Sanji, unfortunately he snatched the memories of his first kiss. That scene was sad.
2. Jinbe and Germa 66 managed to give him the opportunity to leave the field to the Straw Hats. And just when they were ready to retire also appears the damn fat unfortunate Big Mom. I hope you get out of that situation.
3. See Carrot cry and hear the words he said about Peter's sacrifice, it really moved me almost to tears. Big Pedro, will be a character that I will not forget. His sacrifice was not in vain.
4. Katakuri, in my opinion, is the best enemy Luffy has had in every way. It is admirable and I respect him.
5. Ahhhhhhhhhh. I do not believe it, since I do not read the manga, they do not know the great emotion I felt when I saw the title of the next episode. Luffy an emperor ?. WOW! 😁
Mar 27, 2019 1:09 AM

Feb 2016
Is this disney film or what?
Mar 27, 2019 5:42 AM

May 2014
Damn you Toei/Oda. I really wanted to see that kiss, but I suppose that won't happen. I mean come one we saw their faces, but not the kiss. That's just too cruel to show the same thing twice without the kiss. That makes sense, so that's why Sanji was so calm after that incident. The look on his face was hilarious as always.

I liked how they used the technique of old movies in this ep. Like with Charlie Chaplin movies where there were only music and no voice. The text explained what happened. The animation was really superb in this ep. too so they had gathered their budget for the closure.

Poor Katakuri + Pudding. They have been through a lot. The Straw Hat is out of Big Mom's territory and they are about to gather as a crew. This is going to get even more interesting.
Mar 27, 2019 9:28 PM
Jan 2019
The emotions of all the aftermaths that came to this conclusion.
Idk it didnt feel like the ending of the arc for me.....cause it seems like we still need to see what happens to the Sun Pirates and Germa 66.( by Germa I mean Reiju.....the rest can all be executed for all I care XD ).
Mar 27, 2019 10:10 PM

Jul 2007
X3MReaper said:
Idk it didnt feel like the ending of the arc for me.....cause it seems like we still need to see what happens to the Sun Pirates and Germa 66.( by Germa I mean Reiju.....the rest can all be executed for all I care XD ).

thats exactly what the manga readers said to. Oda basically ended the arc on a huge cliff hanger. I think it was intentional though to troll us on rather or not Jimbie officially makes it out of their alive, now that we know he's a straw hat member. In fact he did mention something like that, basically that he doesn't want to spoi one of the surprises since his last appearance and this is the reason why he wasn't included in a cover pages.

https://twitter.com/SPManga1/status/1020694621452750849
ArtimesGamerMar 27, 2019 10:15 PM

Mar 27, 2019 11:11 PM

Oct 2017
AMAZING LIKE EVERY WEEK!
I hope the next arc will have fantactic results with Toei animation.
The music fited so well with the emotions at the story, a lot of things in a same episode.
Can't wait to see Zoro and the rest again using yukatas!
-¡Give yourself to me!
Mar 28, 2019 4:31 PM
Jan 2019
link9us said:
X3MReaper said:

thats exactly what the manga readers said to. Oda basically ended the arc on a huge cliff hanger. I think it was intentional though to troll us on rather or not Jimbie officially makes it out of their alive, now that we know he's a straw hat member. In fact he did mention something like that, basically that he doesn't want to spoi one of the surprises since his last appearance and this is the reason why he wasn't included in a cover pages.

https://twitter.com/SPManga1/status/1020694621452750849

Ow no....pls I dont wanna guess if hes ok or not :C its gonna be the same at Dressrosa when Nami , Chopper , Brooke an Sanji ran into Big mom's ship and we were left hanging not knowing what happened to them....I dont wanna go through that again T.T
Mar 28, 2019 7:19 PM

Oct 2015
weakest arc in OP history, the old man has gone senile. Oda should just wrap this series up after Kaido, he's pushing himself even though he lacks that spark. He should contact ONE sensei and ask for pointers to wrap this sinking ship.

First time I got sleepy from watching OP episodes.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 29, 2019 3:58 PM

Nov 2012
lihle808 said:
weakest arc in OP history, the old man has gone senile. Oda should just wrap this series up after Kaido, he's pushing himself even though he lacks that spark. He should contact ONE sensei and ask for pointers to wrap this sinking ship.

First time I got sleepy from watching OP episodes.

>Weakest arc

>Best directed and animated episodes in years, with strong supporting characters like Katakuri.

Sure thing buddy.
Mar 29, 2019 7:09 PM

May 2010
xKeegaa said:

For those who said One Piece is slow & drag in each every episode yea yea yea shut the fuck up quality over rushed episodes.

Quality like this is rare though. With great direction, slow pacing can actually be a great thing. For 90% of the show, this amount of slowness has been painful and unrewarding. I appreciate it when One Piece goes into epic mode, but let's not lie and pretend that the rest of the show doesn't drag painfully.

anikevin said:

I know,

IT'S FOXY

I would love for this to happen. If the final greatest enemy of the entire show is Foxy, then I will die a happy man.
“Money can't buy dere”
Mar 30, 2019 1:06 PM

May 2017
well that was the best ep in this whole....whole cake arc. little bit of flash backs, lots of fitting music and the story is pretty neatly wrapped up. of course we'll have to wait and see who survived during that clean up at the end.

There was a alot of cool things from this arc. the katakuri fight. the wedding disaster. a lot of good villains that can be used again years from now.
there were subtle things like brooke holding his own against big mom for like 10 minutes. the fact that pudding will probably try to leave big mom or something.

i think i liked the dressrosa arc a little more (although WC had a better boss fight). im really ready to get back to the rest of the crew and see what they are up too.
renyrellsMar 30, 2019 1:16 PM
Apr 1, 2019 12:32 PM

Oct 2016
THIS IS HOW YOU MAKE A FUCKING ONE PIECE EPISODE !!

Nice job Yusuke Isochi, your directing was perfect here.
Apr 1, 2019 7:03 PM

Jan 2013
Oh ffs Pudding, you silly girl, such a beautiful moment and you took it away :/

AAAAANNDDDD we're out, Big Mom arc is OVER!
I'd say I kind of enjoyed the arc despite it being DRrrrraaaggggeeedddd along, so many flashbacks to events that happened 5 episodes ago or sometimes even 1 episode ago, a lot of running around / away from things. (Not that this is new to One Piece though)
Also I really didn't like the "homies", one of the worst things, every time they started singing or acting like they're a big character I got really annoyed lol.
Didn't help that most of them were just plants / food or whatever with a mouth and two eyes.

They did end it on a high note though, I really enjoyed this episode, from Sanji's memories with Pudding to Katakuri being cleaned up by Branch (I mean Brulee)
Apr 5, 2019 8:09 AM

Jul 2012
The Soul Pocus song pretty much made this arc finale into a masterpiece of its own.

Definitely a top 10 best One Piece episodes ever.
Apr 5, 2019 12:18 PM
Apr 2019
a very tiring battle for luffi
Apr 12, 2019 5:00 AM

Jul 2013
There's so much in this episode, so much nothing. So long and dragged like always. But at least the Strawhats are finally out of Big Mom's teritory.
May 10, 2019 8:44 AM

May 2013
I loved this episode so much. The feels at the beginning and the Soul Pocus song were great.
Best episode in a long time.
May 22, 2019 10:12 PM
Jun 2015
Man that scene with Pudding was heartbreaking. Now that the Strawhats have successfully evaded Big Mom, it will be interesting to see the fallout.
May 26, 2019 12:32 PM
Sep 2017
Wow. Been binging this show since Christmas - finally getting close to being caught up, and this episode definitely lands in my top 5 ever. One of the few OP eps to actually make me cry.

So many awesome and emotional moments.
Carrot comforting Sanji and then bursting into tears over Pedro’s death and the two end up consoling each other ...
Pudding sobbing over having kissed Sanji and then erasing his memory of it - the only person to have ever shown her true kindness ...
Branch (cough) Brulee going to treat Katakuri, his smile at hearing that Luffy got away, and their memories of growing up (fave sister - screw Flampe!). Katakuri best villain. Hope we see him again. (As far as Luffy rivals go, I’d have a hard time choosing between Katakuri and Fujitora.)
Jimbei and the Sun Pirates and Germa 66 (aka Reiju) having Big Mom bearing down on them in a terrifying way ...
And finally - the Straw Hats finally getting to eat Sanji’s cooking again aboard the Sunny!
justlynn6785May 26, 2019 2:31 PM
Jun 2, 2019 1:55 AM

Mar 2015
Wow what an emotional episode :(
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 18, 2019 1:08 AM

Mar 2016
There's something about the Soul Pocus song that made this ep such a wonderful ep. Something that the manga cannot convey by itself. It really brings that feeling of safety and freedom while knowing that all of it is thanks to the sacrifices of many others, in this case, Germa 66 and the Fish Man risked their life and freedom just to let the Strawhats escape the territory. What made this ep so unique to me is that unlike many other huge arcs, the WCI arc does not end with a big party with a giant feast and cheerful dancing by the people. WCI ends with the Strawhats barely escaping after sustaining huge damage, some important people lost Sniff... Pedro... and after inflicting insane damage to Big Mom crew's. Physically and also in terms of their reputation.

This has truly been a wonderful arc, and what a wonderfully terrifying way it is to end the arc with the Soul Pocus song, the best of all of Big Mom's songs.

Katakuri's enemies are a bunch of cowardly pussies, they harmed Brulee instead of the man himself? Pathetic... That's also why Katakuri has turned out this way, by being the perfect man that can protect his siblings. Someday, somewhere, I hope Luffy and Katakuri would meet each other again, be it when they're enemies or allies. But one thing for sure is that they both respected each other.

Jan 21, 2020 3:50 PM
Jul 2018
That was quite the glorious ending for a long arc, finishing in a very eerie, cheerful, somber musical. Everything about this episode ties up the various plot points the arc had. And still leaves us with questions that, in a way, hype us up.

The whole relationship between Pudding and Sanji ended in a cheerless, oddly romantic in a way, manner. Hopefully, things would look up for Pudding. She deserves some happiness in her life. Carrot finally accepting what Pedro had done. She may not like it, she may wish things turned out differently, and it will surely take some time until she fully recovers, but she understands why Pedro sacrificed himself. Her falling tears finally letting out all the grief she temporarily hid away. Some of Katakuri's childhood was shown. Why he decided to become 'perfect' just to protect his siblings. How lucky for him to at least have a sister who loves and adores the real you. Are you taking notes Flampe? And finally, the final panel of Sanji and his father figure Zeff, highlighting their shared ideologies regarding cooking was a nice wrap up for the episode and, to an extent, the arc.

As for the rest of the group that stayed behind to make sure the Strawhats escape Big Mom's territory, what will become of them now that Big Mom menacingly announced her appearance? They're already injured and tired so how will they take off without suffering heavy casualties? I know for a fact Bege and his crew slipped away unharmed so that's good.

The arc sure had a lot of problems, but it was an enjoyable ride regardless. Now I wonder what Luffy and the rest of the gang's new bounty will be. Seeing the title of the next episode, oh boy I don't know what to feel about that "fifth emperor" part.
Mar 28, 2020 1:44 AM

Mar 2010
This arc was heartbreaking and I am very happy it's over.. Disliked the amount of characters that were killed or might be killed at the end. Poor pudding.
May 31, 2020 10:01 AM

Apr 2018
What a sad, emotional and wholesome way to end this arc
Firstly, that Sanji and Carrot scene was cute and sad
Secondly, Pudding scene broke me pretty badly especially when she erased Sanji's memories it was heartbreaking
Thirdly, Katakuri and Brulee's little flashback was sad they are truly such a good siblings
Forthly, That Zeff and Sanji cooking scene was the best way to end this arc

And lastly, This is my second or third favourite One piece arc
Jul 10, 2020 7:02 PM
Dec 2014
The ost was phenomenal on this episode
Jul 16, 2020 6:39 PM

Apr 2013
I didn't expect the anime to do such a good job with this episode. It reminds me of the episode where the crew said good bye to the Merry Go, but several times better.

I stuck to being manga reader only since the big mom arc lasted 2 years (i quit soon after luffy got into the enchanting forest) but finally found time to watch it.

Damn the tears came alright.

Aug 15, 2020 3:24 AM

Jun 2016
Sanji and Carrot grieved together over the loss of Pedro, and it goes to show how well his death has carried on through the arc. The ramifications and ripples of his death struck one at a time through Carrot, Brook, Pekoms, even Tamago as he showed how much respect he had for his enemy which in turn made me respect him. But Sanji was kept in the dark and finally had the sombre realization that the mink he saved died for him. As if Carrot knew exactly what their savior would be feeling, she put on a strong face and comforted him. The strength and kindness she showed when she was the one who was hurt the most, and it would have been reasonable for her to blame Sanji even if irrational, was already chilling. To ask Sanji not to blame himself but to thank Pedro before breaking down herself and Sanji then putting on his strongest and kindest face to comfort her was sincerely beautiful. I think the scene made for a microcosm of this episode, through all of the struggle and pain there has been so much beauty earned as well, in this case it is through the grief of losing Pedro that both Carrot and Sanji showed their best selves as they supported each other. What a powerful shot to have both patting each other's heads.

After being told Pudding was beautiful and accepted as she was for the first time in her life, she wanted to express her feelings with action after being unable to do so but afterwards erased the memory and ran. Whether it was to avoid holding Sanji back and complicating things or another reason, the same sentiment as above is here. She has made the most important connection of her life through all of this pain and struggle, but the connection is fleeting and gone before she knew it.

Within Katakuri and Brulee’s scene there was another sweet moment, Katakuri chose to fall on his back and mustered up the courage to tell Brulee that the rumour that he never lies on his back was false. To contrast Flampe, Brulee responded that she always knew that with a big smile. She knows and accepts him for what he is, not holding him to the crushing standards that he and others do. Continuing the theme of beauty within sadness, this moment is so beautiful because Katakuri has not been loved and accepted for who he is for so long.

To make it even worse, when flashing back to his childhood, I realized a misconception I made about him once more. As he is a parallel to Pudding, I had assumed his noble expectations were spawned by his conditional family. However, even if the family dynamic only perpetuates this, there is a far more tragic basis. He was happy with himself when he was young, he refused to repress who he was, yet when his beloved sister was injured brutally in his place, he blamed himself. He started to cover his mouth and live in a way which didn’t subject his family to danger, he started to live as noble and tough as possible by repressing his true self. The tragedy of this is that the family that he repressed himself and became invincible to protect were eventually those who bullied him and refused to accept him. Lastly, there is now more context to Katakuri’s anger when Luffy was going to hurt Brulee in the past.

I cried this entire episode. “Nothing in the world is more dreadful than sweetness”, isn’t that right. Despite the fact that we finally made it to a moment of peace, many of those who allowed this to happen are still risking their lives, everything could still go horribly wrong. The sweetness is created from that dreadfulness, and with the sweetness naturally fading comes dread. Yet the fact that everyone is staying behind to help Luffy and co is in itself beautiful and courageous is it not? What a melancholic and bittersweet finale!
Sep 18, 2020 4:15 AM

Mar 2020
This was such a incredible touching episode. I really liked it. The music was great, the emotional moments were so great.. Zeff and Sanji parallel, Katakuri and Brulee backstory, remembering Pedro, Pudding emotionally broken... just so gooooood!!!
Oct 8, 2020 8:46 AM
Jan 2020
This episode was pretty well directed unlike most one piece episodes in my opinion. No pointless recap, reaction shots, or slow paced. This made me cry three times one for Pedro-san's memory, Pudding erased Sanji's memory of kissing was pretty sad😢, Katakuri started to hide his face to protect his sister. I really find it pretty easy to like Katakuri as character. Overall, Whole Cake Island is pretty good. It has its highs & lows (mostly highs).
Nov 26, 2020 4:22 AM

Sep 2019
It was a long arc but it was satisfying to watch the ending and remembering all the good and bad things that take place in this arc.

Probably my 2nd favorite arc after the WAR OF THE BEST.
Aug 18, 2021 9:27 AM

Sep 2015
I felt so relaxed when I saw Carrot pet Sanjis head, I could just doze off to sleep.

Sanjis cooking ethnics mindset came from Zeff, it's what seperates himself from Germa 66. The dish he cooked for the crew was simple yet delicious
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Aug 25, 2021 2:32 PM

Jun 2019
Seeing Pudding like that made me cry. That was really sad and heartbreaking. I hope Pudding gets to see Sanji again in her life. T_T

Loved the flashback of Brulee and Katakuri. Great end to a long arc.
Sep 6, 2021 4:46 AM

Aug 2021
The final scene was too good with Zeff and Sanji both serving food

Katakuri's backstory was sad
Sep 24, 2021 6:15 AM
May 2012
I understand why so many people like Katakuri, such a great character for Luffy to fight.

I somewhat thought Big Mom would be defeated but that didn't happen so I wonder what the outcome will be now.

I thought the scene with Zeff would be a tragic scene, glad it wasn't.
Dec 28, 2021 11:18 AM

May 2016
Aside from a few whacky moments and Big Mom's terrifying return to action, this episode was a really somber one. I tried really hard not to cry.

Seeing Carrot finally grieve over Pedro's already tough enough but Pudding erasing Sanji's memory of the first and last kiss they had was absolutely heartbreaking. They better meet again. I'll wait for the day that they reunite and live happily together as husband and wife.

Katakuri and Brulee has a surprisingly close relationship. I actually find them cute even if they both look the farthest from it.

Germa and the Sun Pirates, damn...
Jimbei promised his captain that he'd survive. I hope that the others would at least manage to get out of there alive.

Mar 17, 2022 6:32 AM

Jan 2014
poor pudding, I hope she had another encounter with Sanji. she deserve some love.
Apr 13, 2022 11:46 AM

Feb 2014
ahh that last scene was dope with Owner Zeff and Sanji in parallel!
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Apr 21, 2022 1:31 PM

Nov 2016
There were so many highlights this episode, from Pudding's farewell regarding Sanji and her heartbreak, to Katakuri's and Brulee's past background and how he deeply cares about his siblings, especially Brulee, Oda has me tearing up 😭 15:12 highlight of today's episode 😏 (14:30-17:55 ❤)
"No matter how hard things get, only use your strength to protect" - Mitsuya Takashi
May 22, 2022 2:34 PM

Dec 2012
Pudding's recollection was so bittersweet & awe inspiring. I was wondering why Sanji wasn't fazed by her kiss...it's a precious memory only she can hold onto.

The moment between Katakuri & Brulee actually got me the most. Now I feel bad for thinking she was hideous.

I can't say the same about Germa 66, but I love the way this arc took seemingly despicable villains and made them so endearing by the end. The instrumental OST that played in both parts of this episode hit it all home to perfection. Soul Pocus, on the other hand, had all of the fanfare of a musical finale but instills the terror of a revived Big Mom.
Jun 7, 2022 2:22 AM
Jul 2018
first of all I'm so sad for pudding that scene made me cried I hope some day pudding and sanji will end up together this is the first time I'm shipping a couple so much in one piece

katakuri's backstory was really great I'm glad that brulee really cares for her brother

did the germa 66 died along with the sun pirates? what will happen I I'm sure jimbei wouldn't die but I hope reiju doesn't die
removed-userAug 13, 2022 5:30 AM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 392 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Mar 8, 2009

92 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 391 Discussion

Kitschi - Mar 11, 2009

40 by gannoncannon55 »»
4 hours ago

» I miss the old fights.

NeutralSide - Sep 14, 2023

25 by NeutralSide »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1062 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 20, 2023

328 by mihirmishra »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 229 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jan 5, 2010

42 by kejora »»
Today, 2:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.