Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 23, 2019 8:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, we pretty much got an episode dealing with the Adminstrator, aka Quinella.

Cardinal also reveals more of her relationship with Administrator and it runs much more deeper than just her as a program in their world. Whatever the case, it's an important episode that highlights her role in the series.

I still find Quinella pretty detestable though in regards of her actions.
Mar 23, 2019 8:29 AM

Feb 2018
Cardinal challenged the Administrator to duel but in the end Cardinal lost and died. On the other hand Eugeo continued the battle by turning into a sword but he also died. Next Kirito will fight the Administrator.

Mar 23, 2019 8:30 AM

Nov 2007
Shutting them in.

The strong robot that the librarian girl defeated is still "alive". They are originally people... Half of the population?!

Oh, the sphere is not just the memory, but also to control them into robot... Eugeo guy knows it because he experienced before. They are strong for because they were used by her "I can give you 'love', so fight for me".

Sacrificing herself in order to set those people free...

Become sword himself? Black sword with wings. He cannot win against the lady.

Main guy being despaired and the lady was going to kill him, Alice girl protecting him, which reminding him of first season and "woke" up from not wanting that to be repeated.

OP airing as ED. Eugeo guy calling out title for next ep. instead of main guy. Next ep. is probably the final ep. (Main guy vs. the lady) for now until airing of rest of 2 cours. AnimeJapan's Anime Guide '19 mentions that next ep. will be final ep. (of first part).
tsubasaloverMar 23, 2019 6:22 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 23, 2019 9:56 AM
Aug 2016
BROOOOO. Did he really just die. Actually, when the opening played at the end I just realized there was a scene of Eugeo opening his eyes in a bed of roses, and then closing his eyes when it turned red. WAS THAT FORESHADOWING ALL THIS TIME
Mar 23, 2019 10:05 AM

Feb 2018
ItzPikachuGirl said:
BROOOOO. Did he really just die. Actually, when the opening played at the end I just realized there was a scene of Eugeo opening his eyes in a bed of roses, and then closing his eyes when it turned red. WAS THAT FORESHADOWING ALL THIS TIME
Bro, if you have watched this episode, you should know that at what time Eugeo appeared to be split into two, is there a human who can live from a wound like that? (think logically). If you ask is he really alive? I also do not know because I have never read novels from this series, whereas in this topic we discuss the 23rd episode if you want to ask about Eugeo going to die you should make the topic of discussion outside or surf on Google to find out.
Mar 23, 2019 10:22 AM

Jul 2016
Eugeo dead. ;----;
Mar 23, 2019 10:23 AM
Dec 2018
I have really liked this episode.
They showed Eugeo's thoughts and also the reaction of kirito seeing his best friend in a pool of blood after his enagage to Quinella showed how close these 2 really were.
Also the episode finished in a cliffhanger like the other ones.
Finale battle: Kirito Vs. Quinella incoming.
P.S: LN readers: I'm just not ready for what's coming...
Mar 23, 2019 10:23 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Cardinal and Quinella's little reunion talk was quite amusing. So rather than actual humans the golem is instead using the memory fragments that she stole from her knights. Damm it was hard to watch Cardinal being turned into a rag doll due to Quinella's scheme. Eugeo's plan though was a surprisingly reckless one but at the same time one that had a good chance as well. The representation of young Alice within Eugeo's crystal sure was a nice touch. It was so sad to see Cardinal expire though to her credit she defied Quinella to the very end. Still her little motivation to Kirito when all looked lost sure was welcome and timely. Can't wait to see how this fight ends next week. If anything this ep more than anything convinced me that Quinella is pure evil incarnate as a program.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2019 10:25 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
boy is that ALOT to gif

good boner i had all episode
Mar 23, 2019 10:27 AM
Jan 2018
A-1 seems to being having fun rushing it
Mar 23, 2019 10:44 AM

Aug 2013
RIP Cardinal and Eugeo. Doubt Eugeo is still alive.

Kirito vs Quinella next episode should be interesting.

Mar 23, 2019 10:46 AM
Jul 2012
Mattinator95 said:

Yes they should have taken at least 3 episodes of Eugeo transforming while yelling and Kirito screaming Sasuke every 5 seconds before he eventually goes SSJ.
Mar 23, 2019 10:50 AM

Aug 2016
Windman said:
Mattinator95 said:

Yes they should have taken at least 3 episodes of Eugeo transforming while yelling and Kirito screaming Sasuke every 5 seconds before he eventually goes SSJ.

you mean launching spirit bomb? xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2019 10:50 AM

Jul 2016
cliffhanger as always. rip eugeo <3
Mar 23, 2019 10:53 AM

Oct 2012
So sad episode.

That hurt

If you remembers it was from the teaser
https://youtu.be/-L19ao2w4ro?t=29
giorgos1313Mar 23, 2019 11:23 AM
Mar 23, 2019 10:53 AM
Jul 2012
bakacheeto said:

If you think this was a cliffhanger, I have very bad news for the next episode...
Mar 23, 2019 10:55 AM

Dec 2014
Damn, Sakamoto Maaya really embraced her inner JAlter with this episode especially the part where Quinella tells them all to burn. XD
I'm genuinely more distracted by all the fabulous Quinella shots over the actual content of the episode. xD

R.I.P Eugeo and Cardinal. :(

I don't know if I missed an explanation, but why is Quinella unable to regenerate her arm?
Fight sequences were pretty cool and nicely animated and the last bit where Kirito blocks Quinella's attack was quite nice.

Looking forward to the fight next week.

EcchiGodMamsterP said:
boy is that ALOT to gif

If you've got an album of her somewhere, do send me a link sometime. XD
Mar 23, 2019 10:55 AM

Oct 2012
Windman said:
bakacheeto said:

If you think this was a cliffhanger, I have very bad news for the next episode...

Next episode is final? is official?
Mar 23, 2019 11:00 AM

Jan 2019
honestly i really dislike this season arc
i honestly prefer even the Fairy Arc over this, imo its the worst Arc so far although the Idea was decent im just not satisfied with any of the episodes, there is always something lacking, i dont like the dialogue either. Pretty disappointed tbh.
I dont like any of the Characters or VAs, i dislike especially Cardinals and grown Alice Voice Actresses, i also dislike all of the Characters introduced , i mean Eugeo
although i liked Tiese and Ronye, i just feel like the writing overall was very disappointing. Sigh.
At least the Animation was decent, the rest of the episode felt incredibly lackluster and i just dont feel like i care about how the story progresses rn. Went down from 7 to 6 in Score on my List.

Maybe ill change my mind after its complete and we have the full Picture.
DenkiDestroy99XMar 23, 2019 11:11 AM
Mar 23, 2019 11:01 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Lelouch0202 said:
Damn, Sakamoto Maaya really embraced her inner JAlter with this episode especially the part where Quinella tells them all to burn. XD
I'm genuinely more distracted by all the fabulous Quinella shots over the actual content of the episode. xD

R.I.P Eugeo and Cardinal. :(

I don't know if I missed an explanation, but why is Quinella unable to regenerate her arm?
Fight sequences were pretty cool and nicely animated and the last bit where Kirito blocks Quinella's attack was quite nice.

Looking forward to the fight next week.

EcchiGodMamsterP said:
boy is that ALOT to gif

If you've got an album of her somewhere, do send me a link sometime. XD

its called my profile bruh

you should visit sometime if you want that XD

i still have to upload todays fanservice though
Mar 23, 2019 11:02 AM

Jun 2017
Lelouch0202 said:

The spacial resoures in the room are limited, especially after Quinella seperated the room from surroundings and used that many magic attacks. So when her previous sword is destroyed, she can only create a new sword of decent priority by transmuting her own arm.
Mar 23, 2019 11:04 AM
Aug 2014
tsubasalover said:
Shutting them in.

The strong robot that the librarian girl defeated is still "alive". They are originally people... Half of the population?!

Oh, the sphere is not just the memory, but also to control them into robot... Eugeo guy knows it because he experienced before. They are strong for wanting the lady's "love".

Sacrificing herself in order to sett those people free...

Main guy being despaired and the lady was going to kill him, Alice girl protecting him, which reminding him of first season and woke up.

OP airing as ED. Eugeo guy calling out title for next ep. instead of main guy. Next ep. is probably the final ep. (Main guy vs. the lady) for now until airing of rest of 2 cours.

I think there are two more episodes.
Mar 23, 2019 11:07 AM

Mar 2016
This was a physically hard episode to watch and/or stomach.
Mar 23, 2019 11:16 AM
Aug 2017
well rip eugeo i dont really care about him.But i have the feeling next ep will finally have kirito dual wield back in action and this got me so fucking HYPED!!
Mar 23, 2019 11:37 AM

Aug 2017
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
boy is that ALOT to gif

good boner i had all episode

Umu RIP UmU/Sword-Golem though,

dat Quinella/Queenelia is indeed Silver-Haired-Asuna/Thicc-Emilia/Satella/Evil-Raphiel/Asuna's Evil Twin/Asuna's Cloned Fluctlight. All of which does coincide with the PV of Re:Zero Season 2. :3
Mar 23, 2019 11:43 AM

Apr 2015
felt like they talked a lot in the beginning
gib fights ploz
Mar 23, 2019 11:50 AM

Apr 2014
This episode was amazing. It's understandable if you think it's because we are nearing the end of the first season, but the second season will be even more amazing.
Mar 23, 2019 11:57 AM

Nov 2012
I must say, I quite do not like this episode.
So much talk in the beginning, for so little meaning. They skip a lot of character development of many main casts but they include this really long talk.
Because of lack of development I just felt nothing when Eugeo die. And Cardinal die without doing anything. I mean Kirito still need to clean up the mess in the end..

So IMO the talk is so pointless and make the episode felt so boring to me.
Mar 23, 2019 12:28 PM
Feb 2018
WTF WAS THE CARDINAL DEATH? Meaningless and useless! She saved them from wath? Why did she not figth? Well it's SAO afther all, the anime that killed somebody because it din't drink a healing drink in ep 2.
Mar 23, 2019 12:36 PM

Aug 2016
emolano said:
WTF WAS THE CARDINAL DEATH? Meaningless and useless! She saved them from wath? Why did she not figth? Well it's SAO afther all, the anime that killed somebody because it din't drink a healing drink in ep 2.

Are you even watch and read the dialogue? She can't attack the golem and even if she's gone all out the most she would do is injuring Quinella while the trio can't win against that OP golem that's why she's surrender in exchange for their lives. When watching remember to read the dialogue properly unless you don't understand english.
Mar 23, 2019 12:38 PM

Mar 2017
giorgos1313 said:
So sad episode.

That hurt

If you remembers it was from the teaser
https://youtu.be/-L19ao2w4ro?t=29

Thats interesting thanks for this
Mar 23, 2019 12:40 PM

Sep 2015
Here we go again, the death of Cardinal helps Eugeo find in his sacrifice the answer of all, I remember that in a game or in a book read something like "In despair men find the answers" and is a clear example with what happened here
Mar 23, 2019 12:46 PM
Sep 2018
My boy Eugeo being the hero.
I hope we get to see Kirito dual wield next episode, which is sorta the finale.
Also if we get to hear "Swordland" next episode, imma lose my sh*t.
Also Eugeo reading next episode's title "My Hero", instead of the usual Kirito, was unexpectedly emotional.
tzyhaMar 23, 2019 8:28 PM
Mar 23, 2019 12:48 PM
May 2018
Well I liked how the characters were discarded although it was a bit boring I was disappointed almost all the fights although I loved the devotion of Eugeo beautiful a great person I hope not die
Mar 23, 2019 1:01 PM
Jul 2018
The comments from people who are glad Eugeo died made me realize they shouldn't complain anymore about how Sao never has any important male characters except Kirito. You don't deserve any important male characters in Sao, have fun with the shallow harem.
Mar 23, 2019 1:01 PM
Oct 2012
tsubasalover said:
Shutting them in.

Oh, the sphere is not just the memory, but also to control them into robot... Eugeo guy knows it because he experienced before. They are strong for wanting the lady's "love".

Sacrificing herself in order to sett those people free...

Main guy being despaired and the lady was going to kill him, Alice girl protecting him, which reminding him of first season and woke up.

OP airing as ED. Eugeo guy calling out title for next ep. instead of main guy. Next ep. is probably the final ep. (Main guy vs. the lady) for now until airing of rest of 2 cours.

This is wrong.

Admin said he want to turn half the population into sword golem to defend the invasion of Dark Territory.

the people used in the current Sword Golem are the loved ones of the Integrity Knights.

they are NOT fighting for Quinella's "love"

they are fighting for their real love. Admin Basically used the memory of Knight's beloved person that she stole, load them into a new lightcube. then let them control the people they loved... which is their family member and loved one who Quinella went and pick up from human empire and turn into sword.

So ppl like that Archer Knight's Wife... turned into these Swords in Sword Golem.
Mar 23, 2019 1:03 PM

Nov 2013
I knew this anime was shit, but this episode was just a new high in its levels of contrived bs. Cardinal dies for no reason reasoning with Quinella after it's clearly stated she can't be reasoned with, Eugeo turns into a sword and dies after he gets a sudden epiphany looking at jewels, Kirito does the same 'leave it to me' speech. And we know for sure, there's going to be revivals later on. Thank God it's over soon.
Mar 23, 2019 1:04 PM
Oct 2012
timpark314 said:
My boy Eugeo being the hero.
I hope we get to see Kirito dual wield next episode, which is sorta the finale.
Also if we get the fight music from the gleam eyes fight, imma lose my sh*t.
Also Eugeo reading next episode's title "My Hero", instead of the usual Kirito, was unexpectedly emotional.

Reki Kaahara tweeted and said he suggested and changed the VA for next EP title preview and told Eugeo to say it instead.

Good job on him tbh. make me wonder why the anime directors themselves don't think about these lol.

He also told them to change the VA for EP 5-6 from Kirito to Asuna, coz it made no sense for a narrator of EP5-6 which Kirito even isn't there to be talked by Kirito lol
Mar 23, 2019 1:05 PM
Oct 2012
some ppl didn't get why Cardinal gave up fighting, So i explain it a bit :
it's obvious Quinella was planning EVERYTHING from the start....

1. suffer the kids... until Cardinal show up...
2. then start chanting secretly while they were catching up and Cardinal healing Kirito and Alice...
3. Isolate the Room from the outside so Cardinal can't just run away again.
4. completely explain to Cardinal that the Sword Golem is created by living Humans turning into sword... so they are still living human... so Cardinal can't fight them, since she can't kill or harm any human life.

so Cardinal was completely at a dead end. she could not do anything to the Sword Golem.

Kirito and Alice and Eugeo could still bring themselves to fight it coz Kirito is from outside and Alice and Eugeo broke their Eye Seal so they are free w'o limit. but they are not strong enough to do anything.

Eugeo talking about his mission... is because he think it's only him who can fight this, so this is his mission as the only person able to turn into a sword and merge with Kid alice and fight back.

Alice and Kirito can't either coz they don't even remember Kid alice, they don't have any bond with her.
Mar 23, 2019 1:10 PM

Feb 2013
RIP Cardinal and Eugeo!
When Eugeo said he wanted to be transformed into a sword I thought Kirito would use him as his second sword, I was wrong.
Mar 23, 2019 1:13 PM
Sep 2016
herrickluk said:
I knew this anime was shit, but this episode was just a new high in its levels of contrived bs. Cardinal dies for no reason reasoning with Quinella after it's clearly stated she can't be reasoned with, Eugeo turns into a sword and dies after he gets a sudden epiphany looking at jewels, Kirito does the same 'leave it to me' speech. And we know for sure, there's going to be revivals later on. Thank God it's over soon.

Pedram and White outright explained why all of those things happened. All you chutiyas just dont like to read.
Mar 23, 2019 1:16 PM
Jan 2013
LampSynthesis21 said:
herrickluk said:

Pedram and White outright explained why all of those things happened. All you chutiyas just dont like to read.

Also he saying " revivals" lol he has no idea

Mar 23, 2019 1:19 PM
Sep 2016
xeco said:
LampSynthesis21 said:

Also he saying " revivals" lol he has no idea

Just what I would expect from an anime watcher.
Mar 23, 2019 1:20 PM

May 2016
RIP Cardinal though your death was the most unreal thing ever, they just stood their like stone at least show their damn monologue...

edit: I find so funny that so many people think Eugeo is dead common it's obvious as a day that he is still kicking the bucket the Aobara stopped the bleeding by freezing it, that's a good clue to confirm that.
RaizelMar 23, 2019 1:26 PM
Mar 23, 2019 1:21 PM

Nov 2013
LampSynthesis21 said:
herrickluk said:

What they said does not dismiss the arguments I made.
1) How does Cardinal dying solve any of the issues they currently had. There was ZERO chance Quinella would've listened to anything Cardinal was asking her to do.Alice even stated she can't be reasoned with.
Asking Quinella to spare the three after she die? Yea that turned out into Quinella attacking Sword Eugeo regardless, and attacking Alice, and Kirito.
2) Cardinal can't attack the Sword Golem because it's filled with humans lives, so why does Sword Eugeo attack and destroy it.
3) The time it takes for Eugeo to learn and decide to turn into a sword is literally 30 seconds of on screen time, no buildup, no development, just a BTW I gotta turn into a sword.

It's not a matter of not reading, it's a matter of bad character development and plot building.
Mar 23, 2019 1:28 PM

Jan 2009
damn rest in peace Cardinal and Eugeo

im curious on how Kirito will defeat Quinella now
Mar 23, 2019 1:32 PM
Oct 2012
herrickluk said:
LampSynthesis21 said:

What they said does not dismiss the arguments I made.
1) How does Cardinal dying solve any of the issues they currently had. There was ZERO chance Quinella would've listened to anything Cardinal was asking her to do.Alice even stated she can't be reasoned with.
Asking Quinella to spare the three after she die? Yea that turned out into Quinella attacking Sword Eugeo regardless, and attacking Alice, and Kirito.
2) Cardinal can't attack the Sword Golem because it's filled with humans lives, so why does Sword Eugeo attack and destroy it.
3) The time it takes for Eugeo to learn and decide to turn into a sword is literally 30 seconds of on screen time, no buildup, no development, just a BTW I gotta turn into a sword.

It's not a matter of not reading, it's a matter of bad character development and plot building.

Sigh...

1) My comment somewhere else when someone asked if Quinella swearing on her fluctlight was any kind of real bind or did Cardinal just believed Quinella :

IIRC there was no binding or anything preventing Quinella to not harm them afterward.

But there was no reason for Quinella to fight them either, since the very beginning, Quinella didn't think of them as anything more than Ants. her whole plan was to finally lure out Cardinal and kill her, that was her whole goal.

Cardinal was at a dead end... her only chance was to bet on Quinella swearing off the only think that she cared about, her fluctlight, and giving the 3 some time. she did not really expect them to be able to fight back later.
I think she just wanted to give them a bit of time away from Quinella and hope that Kirito can do something or get some help from the other side, since she completely gave up hope of defeating her from this side.

in Cardinal's opinion, it was either everyone die and she can bother Admin a bit... but she will fix herself eventually.

or bet that she can have a small chance of letting the other 3 survive.

2)

I already explained it above, Cardinal can't coz she is a program and she have many limitation, not only she got Seal of the Right eye, she is not really a human and is half program. same as Quinella. she can't disobey.

Eugeo can attack it coz Eugeo broke the only seal and limitation he had in EP10 ! he broke his eye.

3)
Eugeo literally saw what Quinella did, turn the beloved people of the memory crystals and make them into sword, then let their Desire to posses their loved one, control the Sword Golem.

He then think he should do the same with himself, because... he learn from EP19~20, that the desire to posses that Quinella is mistaking as real love and using it is not really correct and what the humans want.

Love is not someone u take in return for giving, it's not like money or a trade, he believed if he become a Sword with Alice, his and Kid alice's bond is stronger than the fake desire that control Sword Golem and will defeat it. and it did.

there is build up and development and obvious reasons for everything before this. you just didn't notice.
PedramMar 23, 2019 1:35 PM
Mar 23, 2019 1:34 PM

Jul 2017
So much talking in the 1/3 that could have been shorten.

Cardinal’s death was pointless considering Administrator proceeded to kill the three anyway. It feels as though the writer wrote her out because she was too OP and didn’t know to solve the issue and make Kirito be the OP stu in the final fight.

I doubt Euego is dead. He’s probably still alive with the ice holding his parts together or some shit. I wish he did die though because it cheapens his sacrifice.

Kirito giving up like that was very forced and out of character. It could have been executed better
Mar 23, 2019 1:35 PM

Aug 2017
Well RIP Spyder/UMU/Sword Golem/Eugeo's Bottom Half/Quinella's Right Arm/Silver-Eternity
And moar tears from the triggered snowflakes who can't handle the greatness that is SAO which isn't surprising at all in this day and age.

A very intense and realistically depicted fight that reflects upon the depictions of the novels. A sight to behold.
Mar 23, 2019 1:37 PM
Sep 2016
OG_Gattsu said:
Kirito be the OP stu in the final fight.

Well he isnt a pot of Beef Stew but ok? Maybe you arent capable of spelling the word "stew"
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» My enjoyment of Alice is kinda ruined because of Darkness from Konosuba

BigBoyAdvance - Mar 24

11 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 24, 10:33 PM

» Anyone else lowkey prefer Alice to Asuna?

Marinate1016 - Jun 25, 2019

47 by Marinate1016 »»
Mar 24, 11:38 AM

» Kirito needs medical help cause this man’s been through it all

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 11

32 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

» I just finished this and ""O MY GOD ""

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 2

43 by Fenyy »»
Mar 5, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

190 by fssf1606 »»
Feb 12, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.