Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Mar 24, 2019 4:19 PM

Jan 2019
I've loved this episode. It was funny(as the other episodes were), but for the first time it was also sad( I've felt very sad seeing the part of Kaguya and the part where they went to school but didn't meet)
Mar 24, 2019 4:24 PM

Nov 2017
Why has this anime not been put up for any awards?
Damn well deserves to be.
The ramen battle was fun,but that ending,damn,had to go back to the end of ep 3 and watch chika dance again,then again.
Does anyone else do that?
Mar 24, 2019 4:58 PM
Mar 2015
Fujiwara was the only one who had fun
Mar 24, 2019 5:02 PM

Sep 2011
landofthekwt said:
Fujiwara was the only one who had fun
they actually cut the scene at the end of her bit where ishigami ruined her fun, so no one enjoyed themselves this ep.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 24, 2019 5:11 PM

Sep 2011
Damn, I didn't expect such a sad scene in this anime. I can only hope the fireworks will be successful and we end on a high note.

The Hayasaka fanservice came out of nowhere, but I'm glad that she got more screentime.
Mar 24, 2019 7:14 PM

Jun 2012
JizzyHitler said:
Atavistic said:
Not a bad episode overall (the post-credits bit was particularly well-done), but the ramen shop scene was by far the absolute worst this show has done so far. I hope that the "Ramen Battles" aren't a recurring thing in the manga, especially if they're all as bad as this one was.
they arent, that guy comes back at a later chapter (like 100 chapters later type of later so think a hypothetical season 4) but the next one is actually funny cause theres more to the joke than what we got here and its more of a background joke to something kaguya is doing.

The weird thing is, this seems to be one of everyones least favorite chapters yet for some confounding reason the creator specifically wanted this one chapter to be animated if it ever got an anime, its bizzare but whatever

Really? I thought it was hilarious, it's funny seeing has she without noticing always wins at something and the reactions of the two guys were pretty funny. It was like watching Hinamatsuri
Mar 24, 2019 8:22 PM

Sep 2011
Snaita said:
JizzyHitler said:
they arent, that guy comes back at a later chapter (like 100 chapters later type of later so think a hypothetical season 4) but the next one is actually funny cause theres more to the joke than what we got here and its more of a background joke to something kaguya is doing.

The weird thing is, this seems to be one of everyones least favorite chapters yet for some confounding reason the creator specifically wanted this one chapter to be animated if it ever got an anime, its bizzare but whatever

Really? I thought it was hilarious, it's funny seeing has she without noticing always wins at something and the reactions of the two guys were pretty funny. It was like watching Hinamatsuri
I dont know how much it is my bias that better chapters got the axe cause of it, but honestly seeing this chapter adapted made me think its one of the weakest in the series and the fact it cut the punchline didnt help

different strokes for different folks though, but i also really dislike that this chapter being used essentially robbed chapter 44 of its time to shine too by making it get cut in half which makes this a very forgettable episode overall when it should of been the best

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 24, 2019 10:04 PM
Jan 2016
Poor Hayasaka, she really tried to catch a break, but Kaguya with her problems about Miyuki just dont let her rest a litle! I love how Hayasaka is honest towards Kaguya's problems about Miyuki and rubs them in Kaguya's face!
I enjoyed Hayasaka's bath, i can admit she is hot!

The segment when Kaguya and Miyuko went to school hoping for meet each other was wonderful and beautiful, i whish they would have meeted!

Ramen segment was funny!

Credit segment took me by surprise, poor Kaguya, but i am glad she surpassed that sad past!

Hayasaka words about Kaguya's father showed us how she genuinely cares about Kaguya! And she said everything i was thinking in that moment!
Mar 24, 2019 10:07 PM
Aug 2017
This is cruel, I love it! But at the end tho, poor Shinomiya I didnt expect that well kinda. I swear if they don’t confess next ep i be mad af.
Mar 24, 2019 11:02 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
ZdloraH said:
This is cruel, I love it! But at the end tho, poor Shinomiya I didnt expect that well kinda. I swear if they don’t confess next ep i be mad af.

cchiguMar 24, 2019 11:06 PM
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Mar 25, 2019 12:19 AM

Apr 2012
Thai777 said:
Janethan23 said:
Anzu Hayasaka can't get a break at all.

Chicka's segment had a Ms.Koizumi Loves Ramen Noodles feel to it.

Kaguya, with all her wealth and influence really lives a sad and lonely life. Her father probably hates the fact that he has a daughter and not a son.

It's revealed in a fanbook that Kaguya has 3 older brother and I don't put this in a spoiler quote because you'll never learn that specific fact unless being told.
I really don't think that is even canon. In the 1st episode and subsequent episodes reiterated that she's the sole benefactor of the entire estate when the time comes. That wouldn't be the case if he had other siblings especially brothers when the family dynamic is patriarchal.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 25, 2019 12:22 AM

May 2009
Ramen battle was so great, dunno why people hated it this much
Mar 25, 2019 3:19 AM
Nov 2018
Starhammer said:
Why has this anime not been put up for any awards?
Damn well deserves to be.
The ramen battle was fun,but that ending,damn,had to go back to the end of ep 3 and watch chika dance again,then again.
Does anyone else do that?

What award would it win?, it isn't possible for it to contend because the year hasn't ended. At the end of the year it will probably be in the anime of the year discussion.
Mar 25, 2019 4:11 AM

Sep 2011
Janethan23 said:
Thai777 said:

It's revealed in a fanbook that Kaguya has 3 older brother and I don't put this in a spoiler quote because you'll never learn that specific fact unless being told.
I really don't think that is even canon. In the 1st episode and subsequent episodes reiterated that she's the sole benefactor of the entire estate when the time comes. That wouldn't be the case if he had other siblings especially brothers when the family dynamic is patriarchal.
No she has brothers, shes the sole benefactor of the estate cause she lives alone at one of them while her brother and father are at others

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 25, 2019 4:12 AM

May 2010
Ramen Daisuki Fujiwara-san

Mar 25, 2019 5:21 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Oh, my guts are leaking after that good laugh I got out of the greatness of the ramen monologing fanatic. It was a genius sequence, how they kept a consistency commentary on her eating ramen, judging every decision she makes as she continues on delivering on their hype as if it was a form of genuine commentary, the like you'd et on a big sport's event. Truly hilarious, just what I look for in this show.
I liked the dude, probably even more so than the entirety of this show's cast for how accurate he labels the general public and the realism of the working society.
The Twitter mock-up was so on point it probably taught me more on the platform that I managed to do so myself till now. Ah those 140 characters monologue, that line alone is so genius it really puts in perspective how bashful the whole social media is, props for Kaguya for maintaining a free mind on that day and age where everyone on here generation is swayed away by the right-wing culture.
Man, I hate conclusions like that, so open they make you uncomfortable, it reminded me of that one episode with Dandy and Scarlet from Space Dandy season 2, oh man, now that was a freaking good episode.
The sad ending was unexpected on such a fun episode like this one, I guess it was the first time they showed either of Kaguya's parents, she's probably in one of those big Yakuza like families where the father has multiple children from multiple wives, how unfortunate for her. But alreast he didn't throw her in the street and gave her some protection from his part. I'm not trying to defend him or anything.
Mar 25, 2019 5:54 AM

Jun 2014
Janethan23 said:
Thai777 said:

It is canon, remember she has a niece she kissed? There is also a mention of the brother a lot lot lot lot lot later in the manga. The fanbook is made by the author it is canon.
Mar 25, 2019 5:55 AM
Jul 2018
This is so sad, can we get an F in the chat
Mar 25, 2019 7:03 AM
Jun 2017
hmmm... well this episode for me is fine, chika sure loves her ramen ... but the last part ( i mean the post ED scenes) is a must watch as it is a build up story for the next weeks exciting episode or the VIEWING OF FIREWORKS...

that last part also showed what she is feeling about being a special...

lets see the next weeks episode (or the FINAL EPISODE)..
Mar 25, 2019 8:31 AM

Sep 2011
Eoussama said:
Oh, my guts are leaking after that good laugh I got out of the greatness of the ramen monologing fanatic. It was a genius sequence, how they kept a consistency commentary on her eating ramen, judging every decision she makes as she continues on delivering on their hype as if it was a form of genuine commentary, the like you'd et on a big sport's event. Truly hilarious, just what I look for in this show.
I liked the dude, probably even more so than the entirety of this show's cast for how accurate he labels the general public and the realism of the working society.
The Twitter mock-up was so on point it probably taught me more on the platform that I managed to do so myself till now. Ah those 140 characters monologue, that line alone is so genius it really puts in perspective how bashful the whole social media is, props for Kaguya for maintaining a free mind on that day and age where everyone on here generation is swayed away by the right-wing culture.
Man, I hate conclusions like that, so open they make you uncomfortable, it reminded me of that one episode with Dandy and Scarlet from Space Dandy season 2, oh man, now that was a freaking good episode.
The sad ending was unexpected on such a fun episode like this one, I guess it was the first time they showed either of Kaguya's parents, she's probably in one of those big Yakuza like families where the father has multiple children from multiple wives, how unfortunate for her. But alreast he didn't throw her in the street and gave her some protection from his part. I'm not trying to defend him or anything.
no her dad only had 1 wife, i dont think its ever been said outright but its been heavilly implied she died from illness

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 25, 2019 12:33 PM

Mar 2014
Fujiwara nee-chan is an absolute win!
Mar 25, 2019 2:40 PM

Jun 2015
I just stopped watching the episode to come here and say "That ramen part was hilarious".

Mar 25, 2019 2:40 PM

Apr 2016
Another great episode!

Was actually thinking Kaguya is tech-savvy but then I remembered she did have a slide phone.

Chika's ramen scene made me laugh and hungry. XD
Those men screaming when Chika drank the soup was hilarious.

Did not expect the third segment to be dramatic though.
Well, it's not like they won't see each other again but the music just make it feel that they really really want to see each other so badly and was done splendidly!
I feel them.

When I thought it won't be any more sad than the third segment, there comes a scene after the end credits.
Kaguya's father, just like Hayasaka murmured, is indeed an asshole.
Feel bad for her. :(
Mar 25, 2019 3:21 PM

Jun 2012
JizzyHitler said:
Snaita said:

I dont know how much it is my bias that better chapters got the axe cause of it, but honestly seeing this chapter adapted made me think its one of the weakest in the series and the fact it cut the punchline didnt help

different strokes for different folks though, but i also really dislike that this chapter being used essentially robbed chapter 44 of its time to shine too by making it get cut in half which makes this a very forgettable episode overall when it should of been the best

What was cut in half? The part about her past and family situation? I haven't picked the manga yet
Mar 25, 2019 3:38 PM

Sep 2011
Snaita said:
JizzyHitler said:

What was cut in half? The part about her past and family situation? I haven't picked the manga yet
yes that post credits stuff was only half the chapter, but I don't want to say anything specific about what was cut cause it will still be adapted next week, it doesnt ruin the actual chapter itself but the problem is the pacing of it is just all wrong and kind of misses the intended effect of the content it was about to present by doing it the way they did

Lets put it this way as vague as possible, if they cut the ramen stuff which has no continuity relevance and adapted all of the post credit stuff, reception to this episode would be VERY different and people would be alot more eager/anxious to watch next weeks episode, I also think kaguya would probably see a fairly healthy boost in character favorites.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 25, 2019 4:35 PM

Jun 2012
JizzyHitler said:
Snaita said:

yes that post credits stuff was only half the chapter, but I don't want to say anything specific about what was cut cause it will still be adapted next week, it doesnt ruin the actual chapter itself but the problem is the pacing of it is just all wrong and kind of misses the intended effect of the content it was about to present by doing it the way they did

Lets put it this way as vague as possible, if they cut the ramen stuff which has no continuity relevance and adapted all of the post credit stuff, reception to this episode would be VERY different and people would be alot more eager/anxious to watch next weeks episode, I also think kaguya would probably see a fairly healthy boost in character favorites.

Oh ok, looking from that perspective it makes sense. I liked the ramen part but I would preferred to see more of Kaguya situation now that you mention it and if it ended in a cliffhanger I would be looking more forward to for next week than I am now.
Mar 25, 2019 9:37 PM

Feb 2015
First half was funny especially kaguya not wanting text president and interrupting Hayasaka bath time lol Chika and that ramen scene XD The ending got sad why kaguya is going through feels bad...

Mar 26, 2019 3:58 AM

Sep 2018
I like the last moment but I'm disappointed ;( there's no Shirogane x Kaguya moments huhuhu they did not meet!!

Kaguya is so cute and innocent!! I love her already!!
Fujiwara sisters are so beautiful!

The last scene ! Why it became so sad??;(
erenmeiiMar 26, 2019 4:05 AM
Mar 26, 2019 7:20 PM
Jan 2019
Hahaha, the funniest part of the episode was the ramen with Fujiwara. It reminded me of the anime Grand Blue. LOL 😂

The final part of the episode if that was sad. The lucky and unfortunate life of a wealthy young woman 😞. I just hope nothing comes between Kaguya and the fireworks.
Mar 26, 2019 9:59 PM

Dec 2013
I can always count on this show to deliver--another great episode. I have to say though, for me this was definitely the weakest ep so far. The ramen sketch was LOL and all, but it felt like there was missed opportunity for development of the OTP and the tonal shift kind of gave me whiplash. I haven't read the source material so I'm a bit perplexed as to the relevance of the ep's first half.
Mar 27, 2019 2:32 AM

Jun 2013
I know that Kaguya being a rich girl but completely dense about technology is supposed to make her "cute" or whatever but it just's fucking stupid. Even young children know what social media is.

All the ladies in Chika-sama's family are well-endowed. Bosoms of goddesses.

OMG that ramen segnment was my favorite! I'm craving ramen now. I'm going to Ippudo tomorrow and eating some tonkotsu or shoyu ramen.

Screw Kaguya's dad. I'm not a fan of Kaguya but no wonder she's the way she is. However, it kind of proves my point that in reality, someone as wealthy and influential as her would never marry someone like Shirogane unless he becomes super successful and wealthy himself. Most wealthy people marry people within their own class to avoid financial and emotional stress, especially their parents or family.
臭い-
Mar 27, 2019 4:19 AM

Aug 2017
The ramen and Twitter chapter were hilarious.

The third segment and the scene after ED were so sad! They caught me off-guard.

Another 5/5.

1 episode more. I hope it gets a second season :D

I'm going to read the manga!
NurguburuMar 27, 2019 4:43 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 27, 2019 2:15 PM
Jul 2013
Dudi4PoLFr said:
This moment when you understood that they will not meet at the school, boy I don't remember when for the last time I have screamed at my screen from helplessness

Also that ED, too much feels :(

I was expecting Kaguya to notice Shirogane's bike and go back inside.

light_of_amphy said:
At the beginning of this season, Kaguya-sama seemed like a pretty good show, not the best of the season or anything but pretty good. In the middle of the season about episode 7, it became arguably my favourite anime of the season with serious contenders from mob psycho and Promised Neverland. After watching this episode, it’s undoubtedly my favourite of the season. If the ending ends up being just as spectacular as say Anohana or You Lie In April, it’ll be an easy 10/10 anime for me. I cannot wait.

I cannot swallow rating it 10, simply because I know there are better shows, so unless they mess it up in the last ep, it's an 8 from me. I also liked how the show continues to improve on itself with each episode, and it will be a big mistake if there won't be a second season.
Mar 27, 2019 2:16 PM

Feb 2008
Too bad Hayasaka was not able to enjoy her bath in peace. Her attempts were delightful, though.

I also loved how the salaryman declared that Chika had cast her womanhood aside as she devoured that bowl of garlic-enriched broth.

However, the drama segment was unexpected. Kaguya's familial status seems rather ominous. I hope the lot's outing will go smoothly...
Mar 27, 2019 2:25 PM

Sep 2016
Ramen segment was random. But I still like it lol.
<GENERIC SIGNATURE>
Mar 27, 2019 2:49 PM

Apr 2018
Damn this ep hit the feels towards the ending. Hatasaka keeping up with Kaguya and Social media part was fun. When Shinomiya went to the school and Kaguya was there too I was like THIS IS IT THEY CAN meet but damn. The ramen chapter was funny too, the food look damn good xD 10/10 Ep
Mar 28, 2019 2:07 AM

Aug 2016
Okay, I'm bumping up my rating.
Mar 29, 2019 2:30 AM

Jul 2014
While one can say for manga readers this doesnt really sting that much for us cause we already experienced how it was really supposed to go down and how the tone sets it up for the outcome of this, but for anime only guys I kinda feel bad cause you guys probably would be having different comments if the whole CH 44 really got adapted instead of cutting it in half, like REALLY different comments would be in here and different emotions.
Mar 29, 2019 12:00 PM

Jan 2016
That episode was amazing.

Anybody knows from what A-1 anime is the music we can hear during the "garlic moment" ?
I can't put my finger on it but man I know I heard it before
My candies :
Mar 29, 2019 2:55 PM

Sep 2015
Didn't the ramen episode look a bit like a battle shounen parody? Also I don't know why but the ost during that part reminded me of You Say Run lol
IarellMar 29, 2019 2:59 PM
Mar 31, 2019 12:30 AM

Sep 2017
Amazing episode.

Damn kaguyas dark past.

ボールルームダンサー
Apr 1, 2019 2:27 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Feels, they got them so fucking right at the end, I almost felt like I was sufocating, but I already knew what was going to happen, so...

Ramen scene, they put some Shokugeki no Souma values there, HOLY FUCK YESS!

Hayasaka's was THCK, always had a fancy for her, but damm fanservice~~
That girl could have all the men in the world at her feet, if she wanted, she has some serious specs for sure.
Besides, she is Kaguya's definitly best wingman for sure, always like to see them together, they are so close it is kinda heartwarming.

Kamiyan3991 said:
Shirokuza said:
I apologize profusely about this, I am not someone who buys a premium package just to watch anime.

Yeah, you just watch it on illegal sites with shitload of ads and viruses. Basically, cancer sites. And now you post your 240p screens. Dude, go fuck yourself.

You are in no position to say anything when I have seen you more than enough on nyaa comments and even posting alot of shit or just acting arrogant about it.
PlaycoolApr 1, 2019 2:31 PM
Apr 2, 2019 3:15 PM

Dec 2013
Playcool said:
You are in no position to say anything when I have seen you more than enough on nyaa comments and even posting alot of shit or just acting arrogant about it.

I actually watch most anime on Crunchyroll though.
And nyaa don't get any money out if it. Illegal streaming sites, however, do.
Apr 3, 2019 1:56 PM

May 2013
THEY WERE SO CLOSE, YET SO FAAARRRRRRRR ;A;

That end credit scene...
MY POOR BBY KAGUYAAAAAAAA /SOBSSSSSSSS
Apr 3, 2019 2:04 PM

May 2013
I do wish Kaguya would let Hayasaka enjoy her bath time tho :( that's her one joyful relaxing time for her job ><"

Btw. The strip scene was soooooo >/////< lol. Doki doki moment.
Apr 7, 2019 1:02 PM

Jul 2016
Another excellent episode.

Kaguya's interpretation of her wanting Miyuki to accept her "follow request" was just hilarious.
We also received a bit more insight into Hayasaka's character, which was nice although I don't really care much about her, being honest. However, after watching the after ED scene, I really appreciate her supporting attitude towards Kaguya and how much she truly cares for her.

The second segment was nice. Nothing much to add aside from Chika being adorable as always. Other than that, I'm glad I could see her sisters as well. That Fujiwara onee-san tho.

Finally, the third segment was somewhat sweet because both Kaguya and Miyuki wanted to meet up but melancholic since they couldn't in the end. Not to mention that the after ED scene made me feel a bit bad for Kaguya. It was nicely directed and it also worked well as a change of pace to the usual comedic approach the series has.

Really excited for the finale!
Apr 9, 2019 2:12 AM

Dec 2015
The ramen segment made me hungry af >.<
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 9, 2019 7:37 PM

Jan 2013
Can we please talk about how cute Ai is? holy s***! xD If it wasn't for that ending she would have been a 10/10 in this episode.

But i feel Ai's pain because they are almost saying it but she always stops in the end...
And damn, the school scene :/ So sad...

And that ending, even worse, damn :/
What an episode! The feels were strong and made me actually feel bad for Kaguya.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 11, 2019 12:57 AM

Jun 2017
This was not a happy episode.
Made me feel bad for kaguya..
Apr 12, 2019 8:33 PM

Sep 2018
Sad sad episode...

Damn that is one shit dad
We are all Misanthropes

Made you learn

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2019

296 by Intter »»
Apr 14, 11:26 AM

» Misattribution of arousal

egosumjohn - Apr 7

11 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 14, 11:13 AM

» I laugh as hard in this series as gintama 🤣

Jannie7 - Mar 31

38 by xDemi »»
Apr 1, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2019

246 by DevilsMayMew »»
Apr 1, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2019

260 by DevilsMayMew »»
Apr 1, 1:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.