Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 22, 2019 7:56 PM
Mar 2019
This is my first topic here. I am practicing my english, so you would see I will make mistakes. I wait than you understand and correct me if you want or I do not make myself understand.

I guess you know than Hyakkimaru talk in the manga of Dororo. Mappa decided change this and now the character seem this typic serious cool character of the animes with a past terrible and without visible emotions at 99% of the time. The character of manga is not amazing neither, but at least he is nearest.

Although I like all the issue of colours souls and other things, I think than this of Hyakkimaru was not a good idea. In the manga, the interaction between Hyakkimaru and Dororo is very important, and in this anime is depleted.

I want know what you think.
Mar 24, 2019 6:30 PM

Dec 2017
RodiaR said:
This is my first topic here. I am practicing my english, so you would see I will make mistakes. I wait than you understand and correct me if you want or I do not make myself understand.

I guess you know than Hyakkimaru talk in the manga of Dororo. Mappa decided change this and now the character seem this typic serious cool character of the animes with a past terrible and without visible emotions at 99% of the time. The character of manga is not amazing neither, but at least he is nearest.

Although I like all the issue of colours souls and other things, I think than this of Hyakkimaru was not a good idea. In the manga, the interaction between Hyakkimaru and Dororo is very important, and in this anime is depleted.

I'll try to do some corrections. Please note that English is not my first language nor am I speaking it on regular basis. To me, learning a language is a continuous process.

About the topic itself, I can't say anything since I haven't read the manga. If this anime differs too much from the original, it might not deliver the original author's intention for the story properly.
But, the show as a stand-alone anime has been very good for me so far. It's understandable that the studio changed the character designs to suit better with the current audiences.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 25, 2019 12:33 AM

Aug 2012
RodiaR said:

I think in the manga he talked via telepathy. He could not actually talk.
Mar 26, 2019 3:03 PM
Mar 2019
He telepathically communicated, while moving his lips silently. Essentially, he did talk, often times too much.

I would say the relation between Dororo and Hyakkimaru is much stronger in the 2019 version, even if it does come off a bit one-sided. I just think the 2019 Hyakkimaru is a less capable in social environments than the original which makes him come off cold towards Dororo at times.

More topics from this board

» Is Dororo a boy or a girl ? ( 1 2 )

JanPri - Jan 15, 2019

80 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:39 AM

» Possible reason for such ending

Raajdeep - Oct 21, 2023

24 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2019

204 by Shadowwolf21 »»
Apr 7, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2019

108 by Bubblarz »»
Mar 31, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2019

442 by Flomik »»
Mar 25, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.