Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 22, 2019 9:02 AM

Nov 2011
Preview for the upcoming series. It will air this Summer 2019.

Edit: another key visual is out
Stark700Mar 22, 2019 7:15 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 22, 2019 9:11 AM
Feb 2018
It actually looks fine ???
Mar 22, 2019 9:14 AM

Oct 2013
Yungtsumi said:
just remember the trailer for Index III looked amazing so don't expect anything high until you actually see good or bad quality in the show itself
Mar 22, 2019 9:17 AM
Feb 2018
Deknijff said:
Yungtsumi said:
just remember the trailer for Index III looked amazing so don't expect anything high until you actually see good or bad quality in the show itself
The Index trailer was ok too so yeah..
Just I expected a trailer wayy mediocre than that
Mar 22, 2019 9:18 AM

Jul 2014
Trailer from Index III looked just as if not better than that and yet here we are...
Mar 22, 2019 9:19 AM

Apr 2014
The trailer of index III was shiet literally no action most were stills of characters etc. Here we have full action scenes from ep 1 and etc. And actual movement in the animation, everything which was missing from index III. Heck this shames everything that index III has put out so far.
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Mar 22, 2019 9:22 AM

Apr 2014
-Stray said:
Trailer from Index III looked just as if not better than that and yet here we are...

Hell no this trailer looks better than the trailer of index III heck it even looks better than the one from opm2 which is terrible.
-Accelerator-

Mar 22, 2019 9:32 AM

Jul 2014
AcceleratorAngel said:
-Stray said:

Hell no this trailer looks better than the trailer of index III heck it even looks better than the one from opm2 which is terrible.

I wouldn't say that.
Mar 22, 2019 9:34 AM

Apr 2014
-Stray said:
AcceleratorAngel said:

I wouldn't say that.

Thx for confirming my suspicions the trailer of index III was really bland as hell, literally no action besides the bad animated terra parts in it. And besides kakine there was nearly no fast paced animation only static few frames scenes with choppy action. The character design esp of accel in the start and touma/lessar looks really weird.
-Accelerator-

Mar 22, 2019 9:36 AM
Feb 2017
-Stray said:
AcceleratorAngel said:

I wouldn't say that.

Idk, I think this looks better than Index III. Second I saw CGI in Index III trailer I didn't like it.
Mar 22, 2019 9:39 AM

Apr 2014
BlakexEkalb said:
-Stray said:

I wouldn't say that.

Idk, I think this looks better than Index III. Second I saw CGI in Index III trailer I didn't like it.

Yup so much this, the accel anime has some bits with mechas even those had 2d animation as far as i coukd tell or cgi which was really good as it didnt stand out and blended really well with the background.
-Accelerator-

Mar 22, 2019 9:53 AM

May 2012
Index 3 looked fine

Don't care that much about animation. If it has same animation as index 3 or better it won't make big difference to me. I will enjoy it either way
Mar 22, 2019 10:01 AM

Apr 2014
thepath said:
Index 3 looked fine

Don't care that much about animation. If it has same animation as index 3 or better it won't make big difference to me. I will enjoy it either way

The thing is it has better animation in its trailer than opm2 which comes out in 2 weeks, while accel comes out in summer.
-Accelerator-

Mar 22, 2019 10:19 AM

Apr 2014
Collider13 said:
looks decent but it's still a far cry from railgun's second season

Well railgun s was just from another world would have wished similar quality for opm2 šŸ˜…
-Accelerator-

Mar 22, 2019 10:36 AM

Jul 2015
The Trailer is looking good.Let's see how is it done.

Mar 22, 2019 10:40 AM

May 2015
The fact that this might just have better animation than OPM S2 is mind-boggling.

Mar 22, 2019 10:45 AM

Dec 2015
wow , the trailer looks actually good . i thought it'll be worse than opm2 trailer
and yeah it's far better than index III trailer that was full of still frames
Mar 22, 2019 12:19 PM
Jul 2018
Okay as much as I am looking forward to this yeah this indeed screams the director's directing style, especially with the purple lighting and angles a bit. Otherwise the designs look a bit iffy to me.

Also one made a point about the PV looking better than Index 3 because it has action which... even then, no? Index 3 provided anticipation enough while not giving away all too much honestly. Accelerator's PV on the other hand screamed a lot more and I did not liked it too much, at least with the way it was handled in COMPARISON to Index 3's trailer.

I don't necessarily care for action anyways despite Index primarily focuses on action and the lore.
Mar 22, 2019 2:15 PM

Aug 2017
Good preview, can't wait.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 22, 2019 3:14 PM

Feb 2018
If there's one thing I'm really worried about, it's the director, Nobuharu Kamanaka. He might do a good job, but so far he's only worked on a few OVAs, some mediocre harem anime from 2011, and Big Order. The Big Order part is what scares me the most cause I've heard talks of it being one of the worst animes to have ever been made.

So yeah, after reading his track record, I'm not gonna get raise my expectations too high. Hopefully he does surprise me and Accelerator turns out good though.

Do-do-donuts, let’s go nuts!
Mar 22, 2019 3:44 PM

Apr 2016
GoofballPath53 said:
If there's one thing I'm really worried about, it's the director, Nobuharu Kamanaka. He might do a good job, but so far he's only worked on a few OVAs, some mediocre harem anime from 2011, and Big Order. The Big Order part is what scares me the most cause I've heard talks of it being one of the worst animes to have ever been made.

So yeah, after reading his track record, I'm not gonna get raise my expectations too high. Hopefully he does surprise me and Accelerator turns out good though.

Actually, the source material for Big Order was mediocre aswell ( the manga is at 6.55 in MAL) so we can't really judge him for something that was already doomed.
Mar 22, 2019 5:14 PM

Aug 2018
The trailer seems decent. I'm gonna be so disappointed if this is worse than Index 3.
"Just because I’ve gotten weaker, it doesn’t mean that you got stronger, right?"
Mar 22, 2019 9:23 PM

Jul 2014
AcceleratorAngel said:
-Stray said:

I wouldn't say that.

Thx for confirming my suspicions the trailer of index III was really bland as hell, literally no action besides the bad animated terra parts in it. And besides kakine there was nearly no fast paced animation only static few frames scenes with choppy action. The character design esp of accel in the start and touma/lessar looks really weird.

I felt the exact opposite. People are just caught off guard cause OPM S2 trailer just came out and it looked utter shit.

BlakexEkalb said:

Yeah the CGI was pretty off putting, other than that I liked Index III's delivery more than this one, the trailer made it look like it was polished/clean and with how they connected Touma dodging Terra and straight up punches him looked pretty well done, and yet the adaptation was mediocre af.
I wouldn't put faith in J.C that much, they've got tons of anime coming one after the other for some reason.
It would be cool if they actually deliver even one of the shows they're doing like Danmachi S2 which I highly anticipate.
-StrayMar 22, 2019 9:36 PM
Mar 23, 2019 12:56 AM

Jul 2016
Was this what J.C meant by "We have learned our lesson from the failure of Index III"?
Mar 23, 2019 4:29 AM

Oct 2018
It cost us One Punch Man, but this actually looks like it might be good!

Mar 23, 2019 6:57 AM

Dec 2013
I dislike the art. Why is it so ufotable-like?
Meh, it doesn't fit at all.
Mar 23, 2019 7:16 AM

Sep 2016
This looks much better than the PV of OPM 2 lol
Mar 23, 2019 7:16 AM
Feb 2018
Kamiyan3991 said:
Compared to the manga artstyle, believe me they did a great job
Mar 23, 2019 7:19 AM

Sep 2016
GoofballPath53 said:

The manga of Big Order is already a disaster, you can't revive an anime from a dead manga
Mar 23, 2019 7:41 AM
Mar 2016
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Was this what J.C meant by "We have learned our lesson from the failure of Index III"?
wait did they say that what interview
Mar 23, 2019 8:53 AM

Jul 2016
Somecallme_kj said:
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

Either from the latest interview of Railgun 3 or in official Toaru Project twitter, I forgot which one did they said this.
MahiaErebeaNegiMar 23, 2019 8:59 AM
Mar 23, 2019 9:27 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i see ALOT of girls

i expect him to punch a few

Mar 23, 2019 8:56 PM

Nov 2017
the animation is too bright for accelerator theme....
i can say, this anime quality is 6.9/10
Now Loading.....
Mar 24, 2019 5:40 AM

Dec 2015
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Somecallme_kj said:

Either from the latest interview of Railgun 3 or in official Toaru Project twitter, I forgot which one did they said this.

WHAT THEY REALLY SAID THAT ? please try to find the sauce
Mar 24, 2019 5:54 AM
Dec 2017
hopefully railgun 3 and accelerator won't be a shit like indexIII.. btw, esper>magician
Mar 24, 2019 6:28 AM

Jul 2016
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

Here you go: https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6040266855 (Although this is Chinese forum)

Galih_Mahezza said:
hopefully railgun 3 and accelerator won't be a shit like indexIII.. btw, esper>magician

No, Magic God>Angel>Saint>Magician=Esper

Also reminder that Accelerator manga isn't even that good at all, so don't expect Accel anime will be better than Index III........ except maybe arts/animations, of course lol.
Mar 25, 2019 8:37 AM

Jul 2012
Yungtsumi said:
Kamiyan3991 said:
Compared to the manga artstyle, believe me they did a great job

Very true, manga artstyle for me also was very interesting looking, and not in the best way.
And i think LO here is drawn very cool.

And yet again warning, the story in Accel manga was very strange. Decent at the beginning, but at some point it just felt like Kamachi was trying so hard to patch together something. I'm going to watch neverthless, but it was one of the weakest plots in the index universe for me.
Mar 25, 2019 3:24 PM

Jun 2012
Anyone knows when this is set? I dropped Index III for obvious reasons and I want to pick the manga. Is this before, during or after where Index manga is now?
Mar 26, 2019 1:01 AM

Jul 2016
Snaita said:
Anyone knows when this is set? I dropped Index III for obvious reasons and I want to pick the manga. Is this before, during or after where Index manga is now?

It's said to be set on summer 2019 (The exact date still haven't reveal yet). Accelerator is just take placed sometimes after the first Index season but before Index II.

Also, the original source material of Index was Light Novel not manga. Index manga is just around the Battle Royale arc so far (Although it's far better than Index III so far).
Mar 26, 2019 6:02 AM

Jun 2012
Thanks for the info, so it's before season 2. I can watch it when it airs then.
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

Also, the original source material of Index was Light Novel not manga. Index manga is just around the Battle Royale arc so far (Although it's far better than Index III so far).

I know the source is the Novels, but since I prefer manga I'll settle for the next best thing. That's why will switch season 3 for the manga.
Mar 26, 2019 9:02 AM

Jul 2016
Snaita said:
Thanks for the info, so it's before season 2. I can watch it when it airs then.
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

I know the source is the Novels, but since I prefer manga I'll settle for the next best thing. That's why will switch season 3 for the manga.

I see. Although I'll still recommend you to read LN since the manga is monthly releases, it will take forever (I assumes around 10 to 12 years) to adapted entire Index III stories into the manga (Not to mention the manga also took 6 years of time to finished Index II stories too).
Mar 26, 2019 5:54 PM

Jun 2012
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

I see. Although I'll still recommend you to read LN since the manga is monthly releases, it will take forever (I assumes around 10 to 12 years) to adapted entire Index III stories into the manga (Not to mention the manga also took 6 years of time to finished Index II stories too).

Shit... I knew they were monthly but never thought it would be that slow. Still, I waited 7 years for season 3, if takes 10 years so be it. It's enough time to know if New Testament anime will be good or not xD
Mar 27, 2019 1:05 AM

Jul 2016
Snaita said:
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

Shit... I knew they were monthly but never thought it would be that slow. Still, I waited 7 years for season 3, if takes 10 years so be it.

Yep the manga was that slow as it's usually releases around 22 to 36 pages per chapter, and that manga is trying to adapts the stuffs that's either missing or skipped in the anime adaptations as well. For example like the SS stuffs (Hamazura arc) which Index II heavily butchered into just 1.5 episode when the manga have 10 chapters in total.

Snaita said:
It's enough time to know if New Testament anime will be good or not xD

Lol and I think NT anime is already around Laura/Great Demon Coronzon arc by the time Index manga ended.
Mar 27, 2019 2:08 PM

Jun 2012
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

Lol and I think NT anime is already around Laura/Great Demon Coronzon arc by the time Index manga ended.

Even worst will be the NT anime flopping bad... Another 10-12 years for it's manga too? Gog I will be a fossil by then
Mar 28, 2019 2:03 AM

Jul 2016
Snaita said:
Even worst will be the NT anime flopping bad...

That will depends how NT anime will be handled, but yep if J.C still keep Nishikiori around and the direction is still s**t then NT anime will most likely flopped very hard (And then the anime-only fans will keep saying "Railgun yiz buttur tehn Index!", "Accelerator yiz buttur tehn Index!", "Index yiz gurhabge!" ect.).

Snaita said:
Another 10-12 years for it's manga too? Gog I will be a fossil by then

There's a chance that Kadokawa could let another guy to draw NT manga while Index manga will still on-going. Although I'm not sure if they will do it or not.
Mar 28, 2019 6:57 AM

Jun 2012
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Snaita said:
Even worst will be the NT anime flopping bad...

That will depends how NT anime will be handled, but yep if J.C still keep Nishikiori around and the direction is still s**t then NT anime will most likely flopped very hard (And then the anime-only fans will keep saying "Railgun yiz buttur tehn Index!", "Accelerator yiz buttur tehn Index!", "Index yiz gurhabge!" ect.).

Snaita said:
Another 10-12 years for it's manga too? Gog I will be a fossil by then

There's a chance that Kadokawa could let another guy to draw NT manga while Index manga will still on-going. Although I'm not sure if they will do it or not.

Damn exactly like that, the amount of people bashing Index while comparing to Rail and Acc is ridiculous, even I know that Index is awesome without reading the Novels...
I think J.C. will keep Nishikiori, "if it ain't broke don't fix it", if the sales increase they'll keep at it I think, just hope not
Mar 29, 2019 5:54 AM

Apr 2018
I really dislike the new character design for the Sisters tbh
Last Order still looks cute and all but the Sisters... eh idk, i just prefer the way they looked in Railgun S
Mar 29, 2019 8:56 AM

Aug 2018
that's epic looking forward to this
Mar 29, 2019 9:20 AM

Apr 2014
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:

Here you go: https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6040266855 (Although this is Chinese forum)

Galih_Mahezza said:

No, Magic God>Angel>Saint>Magician=Esper

Also reminder that Accelerator manga isn't even that good at all, so don't expect Accel anime will be better than Index III........ except maybe arts/animations, of course lol.

Nothing can beat nishikoiri butchering of the source material, at least accel anime will make sense to anime onlys and readers, even though the plot is questionable itll be a blast to have a somewhat slow paced story which is bad but still makes sense. Its not hard to outdo index III the way nishikoiri directed it, esp book 15,19.
-Accelerator-

Mar 29, 2019 9:40 AM

Jul 2016
AcceleratorAngel said:
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

Nothing can beat nishikoiri butchering of the source material, at least accel anime will make sense to anime onlys and readers, even though the plot is questionable itll be a blast to have a somewhat slow paced story which is bad but still makes sense. Its not hard to outdo index III the way nishikoiri directed it, esp book 15,19.

We will see when Accel anime started airing on summer for knowing if it will be better than Index III or not.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2019

40 by Suckmypokeballs »»
Mar 2, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2019

87 by AYINLC »»
Jan 27, 7:14 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

51 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:10 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2019

39 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:09 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Episode 8 Discussion

AcceleratorAngel - Aug 30, 2019

47 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:08 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.