Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime 'Kanata no Astra' Announces Cast Members

New
Mar 22, 2019 4:23 AM

Nov 2007
The official website for the previously announced Kanata no Astra TV anime has been revamped and announced two of its main cast members. The anime will be adapted by studio Lerche and is scheduled to premiere this summer.

Cast
Kanata Hoshijima: Yoshimasa Hosoya (Megalo Box)
Aries Spring: Inori Minase (Endro~!)

Kanata no Astra is a sci-fi manga drawn by Kenta Shinohara that was serialized in the web magazine Shounen Jump+ between May 2016 and December 2017. A total of five compiled volumes were released, published by Shueshia. The series was nominated for the Manga Taisho Award 2019 which it later won.

Physical copies of the series have been fully released in North America by Viz Media, under the title Astra Lost in Space.

PV

Source: Moca News
NaruleachMar 22, 2019 9:34 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 22, 2019 4:29 AM

Feb 2011
I don't really know what this PV is supposed to make me feel... I guess I will check it out ? Dunno.
Mar 22, 2019 4:34 AM

Jul 2015
->Inori Minase voicing the female lead

i will enjoy that romance subplot for sure
Mar 22, 2019 5:47 AM

Nov 2007
Hatsuyuki said:
I don't really know what this PV is supposed to make me feel... I guess I will check it out ? Dunno.

I dunno either. Those who read the manga said the ending is what makes the manga worth every page of it. Apparently MAL is missing the genre 'thriller' for it because that's how the readers describe it. The PV did seem to give thriller vibe to it.

tragedydesu said:

I don't think there is any romance subplot in it. Not from what I have seen in comments from those who have read it.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 22, 2019 6:24 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Inori Minase earns a main role in this one. Now I'm looking forward to this even more! 3 more months of waiting, then.

I know nothing about this manga. Since the source material has finished publishing, I'm hoping they would not squeeze the entire story in a single cour.
Mar 22, 2019 7:06 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i see cute/sexy girls in tight space suites

i dont' need to see anything else
Mar 22, 2019 7:35 AM

Jul 2015
@shanimebib
i trust MU tags :)
Mar 22, 2019 7:59 AM

Nov 2007
tragedydesu said:
@shanimebib
i trust MU tags :)

From my past experience, you shouldn't. Because I am one of the people indirectly responsible for many MU entries.

Anyways, I have gone ahead and glanced some of it. I can confirm that there are 9 main characters (5 guys and 4 gals) and one of them is the 'MAIN' main character (i.e. Kanata).

I stopped at the moment things started to get exciting (which seemed rather laid back in the beginning chapters) so, things may escalate soon. This could actually be a good watch! So, I am gonna stop myself from spoiling any further and wait for the anime to have some good experience with anime-only's! ;)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 22, 2019 8:19 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I know next to nothing regarding the original source, in other words the manga, of this show but I’ll watch purely because of its high praise. Inori Minase is a big plus, too, and the PV has piqued my interest!

Looking forward to this!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 22, 2019 9:38 AM

Nov 2011
The manga is completed so expecting a full adaptation. PV looks decent.
Mar 22, 2019 11:05 AM

Apr 2018
Pretty bad pv and they are starting to use cgi for the most simple shit
Mar 22, 2019 12:15 PM

Apr 2016
This looks interesting. I'll add it to my plan to watch

Mar 22, 2019 12:53 PM

Mar 2014
Can't wait for this one.
Mar 22, 2019 1:40 PM

Feb 2013
shanimebib said:
Hatsuyuki said:

I dunno either. Those who read the manga said the ending is what makes the manga worth every page of it. Apparently MAL is missing the genre 'thriller' for it because that's how the readers describe it. The PV did seem to give thriller vibe to it.

tragedydesu said:

I don't think there is any romance subplot in it. Not from what I have seen in comments from those who have read it.

No, it actually has not one but at least two subplots of romance happening.
Mar 22, 2019 5:02 PM

Jan 2016
The manga wins award so why not.
Mar 24, 2019 3:43 PM

Jan 2019
shanimebib said:
Hatsuyuki said:

tragedydesu said:

im reading it right now

it just goes into a direction one would never ever expect
its an absolute mindfuck

jesus christ

i cant wait to see it
its basically space slife of life but there is a big mytery aspect to it
honestly it should have a mystery tag

but whatever
i cant wait to see it animated
Mar 25, 2019 8:25 PM

Aug 2010
The manga was really good, hopefully the adaption lives up to the source material.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Mar 30, 2019 2:36 AM
Sep 2017
Hosoyan and inori?
Well, they previously met together in aldnoah zero and danmachi movie
Mar 30, 2019 5:44 AM

Jul 2009
Heard praises for this series despite not having as much depth as other acclaimed space manga like Planetes and Uchuu Kyoudai. The manga is completed though so I'm expecting a full adaptation.
Apr 8, 2019 6:17 AM

Jan 2019
Skittles said:
Heard praises for this series despite not having as much depth as other acclaimed space manga like Planetes and Uchuu Kyoudai. The manga is completed though so I'm expecting a full adaptation.

it has to be, its pretty much only one big Arc, splitting it up would be absolutely horrendous
Apr 15, 2019 5:17 AM

Nov 2017
This one has no harem, right ?
I frown at recent installments of Persona and Trails of Cold Steel that introduce harem-like elements in the story.

We need more JRPGs like the past Lunar series, where there are multiple romantic pairings in the party other than for the protagonist and main heroine.
Apr 15, 2019 12:03 PM

Jan 2019
Ehurvaks said:
This one has no harem, right ?

yea it has none , nuto, nito
while it has a romance subplot its kind of nonexistant and its 1:1

honestly i feel it should have Mystery Tag.. but thats another topic
May 18, 2019 10:44 AM
Apr 2019
The romance is pretty light, if at all, but the intrigue in discovering who set the crisis the students set off, as well as the student's origins, will be a roller coaster ride.

The manga series is over, but the diverse characters, and their backgrounds become a good device for the story. Not only are we treated to the surprises of the characters and their families, we'll learn the backstory of their entire civilization.

If the anime does well and produces a full adaptation, then I'd expect a sequel manga to pick up where the story ended, let's say, 5 years later.

Yeah, I read the manga when Viz offered it as a free read, and was on tenterhooks throughout the read. Expect a lot of cliffhangers, but usually worth it.

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

54 by LilClaudine »»
16 minutes ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
33 minutes ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 3 hours ago

1 by deg »»
2 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
10 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.