Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 22, 2019 3:41 AM
Aug 2016
Did you ever experienced paranormal activities in your house? What was it and how was it?

Both me and my sister have experienced some paranormal activities in our house, but we can't really find a reason why. Our house is not hundred of years old, it's only around 50 years old and the only person who died in this house was my great grandma, but she died over 10 or 12 years ago, but strange things have happened in the past few years, like the feeling of someone being in the same room as you, the feeling of being watched, hearing footsteps, etc.
I remember a few years ago when I was first year in college, I was upstairs in a room and doing some homework and I had the door to that room open and I clearly heard someone coming up the stairs and I thought I should surprise that person and jump from the room and scream, thinking it was my little sister, and I went to the door, and jumped out of the room, but didn't get the chance to scream since to my surprise nobody was there. After that I took all my notebooks, and my laptop and went into my room, because I was so freaked out.
Other time my sister was into the livingroom and she was on Snapchat and she pressed on the face swap by accident and she was surprised when one of those circles went to her face and the other went to a darker corner of my room since my room's door was open and it's leading to the livingroom where my sister was in. I need to mention, I wasn't home at that time, I was at college and she told me that in the weekend when I came home.
Another thing that happened recently and kind of everyday is that I am staying in my room, usually watching some dramas and I have the door that separate my room from the livingroom open and I often hear footsteps in the livingroom, but the thing is that I hear them very clearly and get freaked out everytime.
Not to mention that I feel like I'm being watched every night when I'm in the room at my laptop and it's dark.
My sister was also once in my room and she heard footsteps coming from her room and from our parents room, but when she went there, it was nobody.
And if you want to say it's my great grandma's ghost, I think it's not since these things started to happen only around 5 years ago, but she died over 10 years ago. Also, I once played Charlie Charlie and Ouija board with my friends, but the Ouija board was hand made, and neither the Ouija board nor the Charlie Charlie stuff did work, so I don't believe we summoned any demon or spirit from the other world. And btw, I don't believe in demons.
A lot of other unexplained things have happened, but I don't want to make this thread any longer since it's already pretty long.

So, did you guys experienced similar things, or at least paranormal things in your own house that you cannot explain?
Mar 22, 2019 5:41 AM

Dec 2016

Yes, I remember telling you about hearing specific noises outside my bedroom door at 3:30 in the morning/night. But when I opened my door to explore the source of those noises, well, my house immediately became silent and I didn't hear anything after that, despite being awake till morning.

Weird.
Mar 22, 2019 5:53 AM
Aug 2016
Sonal1988 said:

Yes, I remember telling you about hearing specific noises outside my bedroom door at 3:30 in the morning/night. But when I opened my door to explore the source of those noises, well, my house immediately became silent and I didn't hear anything after that, despite being awake till morning.

Weird.

Oh, yeah, I remember that. You said even your dad heard that, right? Or that was from another one? I remember you mentioned something about the sound of bells if I recall correctly.
Mar 22, 2019 6:15 AM

Dec 2016
Kuroko-chan said:
Sonal1988 said:

Weird.

Oh, yeah, I remember that. You said even your dad heard that, right? Or that was from another one? I remember you mentioned something about the sound of bells if I recall correctly.

Yeah, dad heard the same sound, but that was years before I heard them.
I laughed at him back then. I don't anymore ;p Esp since I did heard the sound a couple more times after that. idk where the 'ghost' disappeared off to ;p
Mar 22, 2019 6:23 AM
Aug 2016
Sonal1988 said:
Kuroko-chan said:

Yeah, dad heard the same sound, but that was years before I heard them.
I laughed at him back then. I don't anymore ;p Esp since I did heard the sound a couple more times after that. idk where the 'ghost' disappeared off to ;p

Mysterious things that we can't explain happen in this world.
Mar 22, 2019 6:42 AM

Oct 2009
Have you ever tried sleeping alone on your bed in the afternoon and when you're about to sleep you'd notice the sound of your own breathing? well, I notice my breathing sounds so loud, so I tried to slow down my breathing to my surprise the sound still continues ryhtmically..

I tried to logically think of any reason why while adrenalin starts kicks in, my heart thumping so hard that I can hear it, I started to hold my breath and starts sweating, and then you heard the breathing as moist warm air hits the back of your neck.. and you start to count.. one.. two.. I never waited to three.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Mar 22, 2019 6:47 AM

Jul 2014
I vividly remember seeing ghostly faces appearing on my bedroom wall when I was around 3 or 4. That being said, I did have an extremely active imagination.
Take care of yourself

Mar 22, 2019 7:03 AM
Aug 2016
azzuRe said:
Have you ever tried sleeping alone on your bed in the afternoon and when you're about to sleep you'd notice the sound of your own breathing? well, I notice my breathing sounds so loud, so I tried to slow down my breathing to my surprise the sound still continues ryhtmically..

I tried to logically think of any reason why while adrenalin starts kicks in, my heart thumping so hard that I can hear it, I started to hold my breath and starts sweating, and then you heard the breathing as moist warm air hits the back of your neck.. and you start to count.. one.. two.. I never waited to three.

Oh my god, that's quite creepy. That happened just once or multiple times?
Mar 22, 2019 7:05 AM
Aug 2016
ThatRazorGuy said:
I vividly remember seeing ghostly faces appearing on my bedroom wall when I was around 3 or 4. That being said, I did have an extremely active imagination.

Well, I guess that happens to kids with a rich imagination.
But did anything more strange happened during the time you were a teen or a young adult? That obviously if you are not a teen now and you are older, maybe in your 20's.
Mar 22, 2019 7:07 AM

Jul 2014
Kuroko-chan said:
ThatRazorGuy said:

But did anything more strange happened during the time you were a teen or a young adult? That obviously if you are not a teen now and you are older, maybe in your 20's.

I've had sleep paralysis at least three times now, and the first was coupled with a vivid hallucination where I was levitating like Regan from The Exorcist. That's about it though.
Take care of yourself

Mar 22, 2019 7:10 AM

Mar 2019
i don't have strong belief in supernatural creatures or whatever they are called. however, i cant be sure if they actually exist or not. why not installing some security cameras in your house, maybe you will find something interesting. a pendulum might help too.

also i suggest you challenge your atheist friends to stay in your house and let's see if his/her disbelief in paranormal activities and his/her presence in your house will make a different situation.

PS: be careful. dont ever fall for charlatans who would milk your money.

You Can Not Build The World With Beauty!
You Need Brain And Muscle!

Oh, Seriously?

Then You Can Not Destroy The World With Beauty!
Instead, You Need Brain And Muscle To Do So!
Only People With The Most Superior Brains And Muscles
Can Be The Best At Destroying This World!
But Who Has More Superior Brain And Muscle Anyway?
Me Or Her?

Mar 22, 2019 7:22 AM

May 2017
The dog steps from when I slept on the sofa. My dog was supposed to stay outside. The front door was shut.
??????????
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2019 7:22 AM
Aug 2016
ThatRazorGuy said:
Kuroko-chan said:

I've had sleep paralysis at least three times now, and the first was coupled with a vivid hallucination where I was levitating like Regan from The Exorcist. That's about it though.

I remember I experienced sleep paralysis too, it was in a morning when I woke up and couldn't move anything besides my eyes, and I could hear breathing behind me, and I felt so helpless, and after I finally was able to move, I looked behind me and saw no one there. It was quite scary. But that was around 8 years ago, and it was my first and only time when I experienced sleep paralysis.
Mar 22, 2019 7:27 AM
Aug 2016
suciaviani said:
i don't have strong belief in supernatural creatures or whatever they are called. however, i cant be sure if they actually exist or not. why not installing some security cameras in your house, maybe you will find something interesting. a pendulum might help too.

also i suggest you challenge your atheist friends to stay in your house and let's see if his/her disbelief in paranormal activities and his/her presence in your house will make a different situation.

PS: be careful. dont ever fall for charlatans who would milk your money.

But my ''friends'' aren't atheists. I used to be one, but now I am agnostic. My sister is also not religious, and the only people who experienced these are me and my sister only. Neither my parents nor my grandparents experienced these and they are religious.
And also, both me and my sister used to see dark shadows with the corner of our eyes. At first I thought it was only my imagination, but once, my sister told me she sometimes see dark figures with the corner of her eyes, and I was shocked because I thought I was the only one who saw them so I told her that I see those too sometimes.
Mar 22, 2019 7:27 AM
Aug 2016
NaomiAnimeLover said:
The dog steps from when I slept on the sofa. My dog was supposed to stay outside. The front door was shut.
??????????

Lol, your dog have super powers. Or someone let him in.
Mar 22, 2019 7:31 AM

May 2017
Kuroko-chan said:
NaomiAnimeLover said:
??????????

No one let him in since I was in the living room. If someone would've passed I would've heard.
+ I was so scared I barged in my parents's bedroom so I'm sure they were sleeping lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2019 7:35 AM
Aug 2016
NaomiAnimeLover said:
Kuroko-chan said:

No one let him in since I was in the living room. If someone would've passed I would've heard.
+ I was so scared I barged in my parents's bedroom so I'm sure they were sleeping lol

Oh, ok, then your dog have super powers.
Mar 22, 2019 7:35 AM

Oct 2009
Kuroko-chan said:
azzuRe said:

It happens for more than a decades and only when you're alone in the house, happened to my sister also.

We live in three stories house, the third floor is actually just one small room with a spacy balcony to sun dry the laundry. Since it's just a small room the stair is spiral designed and made of iron. We often heard footsteps on it when nobody is upstairs, it is very audible and the steps sounds like a childs weight walking on it. There are also sounds of footsteps on the second floor and neighbor often sees figure on third floor balcony or the second floor window when no one is home. Happened for quite a while. My entire family has acknowledge it and no one made a big deal about it because nothing malicious ever happened to us.

My parents moved in to the house brand new few years before I was born, it was originally a standard one story house. It got renovated when I was 6 or 7 years old to what it is today. So it's kind of interesting since it only started happened when the house begun to have these 'unused' spaces, or spaces where no one stays there for long. The second floor is a guest bedroom and a library.
Mar 22, 2019 7:39 AM
Aug 2016
azzuRe said:
Kuroko-chan said:

It happens for more than a decades and only when you're alone in the house, happened to my sister also.

We live in three stories house, the third floor is actually just one small room with a spacy balcony to sun dry the laundry. Since it's just a small room the stair is spiral designed and made of iron. We often heard footsteps on it when nobody is upstairs, it is very audible and the steps sounds like a childs weight walking on it. There are also sounds of footsteps on the second floor and neighbor often sees figure on third floor balcony or the second floor window when no one is home. Happened for quite a while. My entire family has acknowledge it and no one made a big deal about it because nothing malicious ever happened to us.

My parents moved in to the house brand new few years before I was born, it was originally a standard one story house. It got renovated when I was 6 or 7 years old to what it is today. So it's kind of interesting since it only started happened when the house begun to have these 'unused' spaces, or spaces where no one stays there for long. The second floor is a guest bedroom and a library.

I often heard stories on YT about some homeless people living in other people's houses for years without them knowing it. Could that be also a possibility since your house seem to be quite big?
Mar 22, 2019 7:40 AM

May 2017
Kuroko-chan said:
NaomiAnimeLover said:

Oh, ok, then your dog have super powers.

You damn know he's gonna chew those shoelaces no matter what.
Mar 22, 2019 7:55 AM

Oct 2009
Kuroko-chan said:
azzuRe said:

I often heard stories on YT about some homeless people living in other people's houses for years without them knowing it. Could that be also a possibility since your house seem to be quite big?

I don't know but I think it's quite an impossible feat since when my little brother was born our family hired a stay-in maid because my mother is working, she stays on the second floor for few years. And yes, she also heard the footsteps and even checked the third floor stairs thinking it was me walking upstairs at 11 PM..
Mar 22, 2019 10:09 AM

Feb 2017
There are a lot of ghosts in the West.

LOL.

Mar 22, 2019 10:44 AM

Jul 2017
i sometimes do, not so often right now
when i was younger, i've experienced something weird when im sleeping
like i felt i was half-asleep and dreaming at the same time, and i was aware of the fact that there was no one around me
but i would hear people whispering, or i would simply felt the presence of something around my bed
and once, i've seen something really dark in the shadows, and it's sorta like a mist
i wasn't freaked out but weirded out instead, and i started to believe in ghosts
and another paranormal activity is that i often find my items being misplaced elsewhere, and i strongly believe i have not misplace them myself
Mar 22, 2019 10:48 AM

Mar 2014
There is a Húsvættir (probably Alfar) that likes to play tricks on me from time to time. Moving things to locations where I didn't leave them. Cabinet doors being open without reason.
“Loddfafnir, listen to my counsel: You will fare well if you follow it, It will help you much if you heed it. If aware that another is wicked, say so: Make no truce or treaty with foes.” - Havamal 127
Mar 22, 2019 10:55 AM

Oct 2018
Not at my housse but at school playing with a Ouji board at my school, it is said that you should never play it in a graveyard and my school used to be one before it got built.
I've seen some shit desu.~ (ಥ﹏ಥ) It broke something in me that day...

L0LlMar 22, 2019 11:23 AM

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Mar 22, 2019 3:52 PM

Dec 2018
i stay up really late and sometimes at like 2am my dog would run down and bark at the dark dark hallway,-,
Mar 22, 2019 4:08 PM

Jul 2009
I always feel like there's a supernatural presence whenever my dog randomly barks. My mom even removed a stone statue from our terrace because my dog kept barking at it.

There's an old urban legend in my country stating that dogs can see ghosts. There's also another legend about how statues serve as a conduit for spirits.
Mar 23, 2019 1:11 AM

Oct 2010
Unfortunately it never happened to me. But if I see a ghost I'll deffinetly kick its ass.
Mar 23, 2019 1:51 AM

Mar 2014
Skittles said:
I always feel like there's a supernatural presence whenever my dog randomly barks. My mom even removed a stone statue from our terrace because my dog kept barking at it.

There's an old urban legend in my country stating that dogs can see ghosts. There's also another legend about how statues serve as a conduit for spirits.
your mom sure know her stuff. it's not a urban legend, it's science. dogs ears are more sensitive than humans, that's why it can "hear" sounds that normal humans can not. metaphysical beings like ghosts can't see by physical being like us humans or animals but it's possible to "hear" them. that's why most of the time people only heard ghosts than seeing it. It's possible to see ghosts but you need to harmonize your senses with their world which is hard because according to some, the metaphysical world is a 4 dimensional world. I'm not sure about the fourth one but from my reading I so far, I'm sure it's not a "time" dimension like most people on this field argue. cuz if that's true, then, those metaphysical beings could travel through time and messing around with humans past, right? but that thing didn't happen.

ot:
well, most of them were just my fantasy or anxiety. I don't believe in paranormal activity before it tested with scientific observation. I believe everything can be explained through science tho.
Mar 23, 2019 7:27 AM
Zenin

Dec 2016
Huh, yes, many times. Especially in the summer. I often hear sounds, for example, that someone pulls the door without opening it. Of course, I thought of many reasons why this might happen. Sometimes I hear sounds from the floor without anyone being there ... For that I have no explanation. I know for sure that when someone walks upstairs, the sound of the steps sounds quite obvious to my room. And the fact that there is no one, apart from me, is quite scary. I'm lucky, I have a blanket and a bed that protects me. At the same time, I always have the impression of seeing the silhouette moving, or someone looking at me through the window. But that only happens in the summer nights. That's why I don't sleep in the summer, especially because I'm the only one in my family who has the ground floor room. The rest of them sleep in rooms far from mine.
And the things that I see and feel in the dark don't even have to be discussed. We all know that someone is following us out of the darkness. So whatever you do, don't be overwhelmed ... otherwise it will not go well.
Gg

More topics from this board

» How do you know other people actually exist?

purple_rayn - 2 hours ago

1 by Hikinekomori »»
1 hour ago

» What Are Your Thoughts On The Owl House?

Enderobot - 1 hour ago

0 by Enderobot »»
1 hour ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - 10 hours ago

19 by MalchikRepaid »»
1 hour ago

» Do you post your own original artwork onto social media?

DesuMaiden - Apr 10

23 by Lost_Viking »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Do you live with regrets?

Lightskynight - 8 hours ago

11 by Lost_Viking »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.