Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bungo Stray Dogs
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 21, 2019 10:58 PM
Dec 2017
How many people realize Bungo Stray Dog's characters are based off real people? This is not coincidental. Because, every single one of them are writers/poets with the characters' personalities being based off the kind of literature the people wrote. I'm just wondering, because some of these people are really famous and we had to learn about them in school.
Mar 23, 2019 5:45 AM

Jun 2015
CatEatYourPizza said:
How many people realize Bungo Stray Dog's characters are based off real people? This is not coincidental. Because, every single one of them are writers/poets with the characters' personalities being based off the kind of literature the people wrote. I'm just wondering, because some of these people are really famous and we had to learn about them in school.

I think everyone knows this..? Or am I underestimating the amount of stupid people are?
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Mar 23, 2019 12:53 PM
Dec 2017
Takamura-sama said:
CatEatYourPizza said:

I think everyone knows this..? Or am I underestimating the amount of stupid people are?

I'm pretty sure you're underestimating how many people there are. Because I asked some of my friends who showed me Bungo Stray Dogs, yet they had no idea. I guess to those like me who learned about the people in school, it's kind of obvious.
Mar 29, 2021 1:11 AM

Apr 2018
I for one had no idea until I started doing more research into the show since it can be a little confusing at times ig. I really don't know many authors names at all nor did we ever learn about them in school, we studied a few books of course but not the authors themselves nor did the teachers tell us it was particularly important, they always just referred to authors as 'the author' eheh. It's not really that rare for some people like me to not know this without having researched the show itself just to add context, even outside of school, since I have no personal interest in literature myself it's not like I would have learned much about famous authors by myself either. I also wouldn't say people who don't know this fact are stupid either if I were to reply to the other comment, knowledge and intelligence are different things!
Mar 29, 2021 1:13 AM

Jan 2019
I knew Osamu Dazai as an author because of PewDiePie, so when I found out the name in Bungou Stray Dogs, I then found out the name
文豪ストレイドッグス means Literary Stray Dogs
then I knew that the names are based on real life authors
Oct 10, 2021 11:09 PM
Dec 2017
I think alot of people are too young to realize who those guys are lol.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2016

368 by Devonnius »»
Apr 14, 11:19 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2016

159 by yahn0928 »»
Apr 2, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2016

144 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Apr 1, 8:07 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2016

153 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 30, 1:48 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2016

191 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 30, 1:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.