Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 22, 2019 9:24 PM

Feb 2013
Miku better fucking win
Mar 22, 2019 9:56 PM
Nov 2018
Limaolc said:
Animation this episode was just to beautiful!

The moment between Ichika and Fuutarou had a lot of cute moments with great shots of how beautiful Ichika is, and also made me laught when he saved her!

Nino is still searching for Kintarou, i thought Fuutarou would reveal the truth to Nino this episode, but Miku saved him, i am curious to see Nino's reaction!

The moment between Fuutarou and Miku in iglo was beautifull, and Miku's expressions are always cute, before ending, i loved teh quality in that last pick, and Miku was truly cute!

If you want to see Nino reaction when know Kintarou is Fuutarou, maybe you should read manga or waiting for season 2. And don't worry, it's not like you expect because Nino is quite smart to realise something wrong there.
Mar 22, 2019 10:45 PM

Feb 2017
budget prioritization is on point, no wonder we got below average production in the middle.

manga reader toward anime only:

*They don't know*

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Mar 23, 2019 2:01 AM

Jul 2016
im having a dilemma between picking team miku or ichika, both of them are just adorable
Mar 23, 2019 2:16 AM

Nov 2007
@NakedSnake113, why not hold your horses and let people find out themselves?
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 23, 2019 2:48 AM

Nov 2013
This is currently the best episode so far imo. I'm liking Ichika more & more. The animation also seems to be the best so far? I guess they really want to make a good effort before they end this season.

Crashmatt said:
Anyone know how the BD pre orders are doing? I believe the Manga is selling fantastic atm
It's on top 50 amazon rank for 2 weeks before release day iirc.

On the day the discs released, it seemed to be out of stock based on japanese comments here. yaraon-blog.com/archives/146848

It's either producer don't have much confidence to print many discs OR the sales was just that good. We'll know the number on next Tuesday.
JJHRTDMar 23, 2019 4:24 PM
Mar 23, 2019 6:28 AM

Dec 2014
hmm sad that only one episode remains
Mar 23, 2019 8:11 AM

Mar 2017
This episode looked quite pretty visually.

Playing game of tags in the snow.
Itsuki pretending to be Ichika. You can tell from the voice and costumes. She's trying to test Fuutarou.

Fuutarou looks like he has a cold.
Mar 23, 2019 9:22 AM
Mar 2015
Several girls made head way with Uesagi
Mar 23, 2019 11:38 AM

May 2009
Wow, that was best animated episode so far. Most surprising was frequent hair movement animation.
Mar 23, 2019 5:37 PM

Jun 2015
itsuki's testing my spot of miku being #1, she's the most mature since she's oldest and it's very likable to see that. this episode was beautiful in terms of visuals though, so shiny and polished.
Mar 23, 2019 6:50 PM

Nov 2017
after the 3rd day... the skipped till day 2000th
Now Loading.....
Mar 23, 2019 6:52 PM

Oct 2017
shanimebib said:
Supersky said:

someone in the comments above mentioned that Studio Shaft worked on this episode. Is that true or do you not know, because this episode looked the best imo and I'm hoping that season 2 if we get one looks like this as well

Digital Shaft is a subsidiery of Shaft. So, yeah. According to the credit roll, they worked on this episode. But that doesn't guarantee that Shaft will do even the next episode, let alone season 2 which is not even announced. There are other anime where subsidieries like MADBOX, IGmation, BNP etc. have worked but that didn't mean they were the main studioes (Madouse, Production IG, Sunrise etc.). They are basically hired for multiple reasons (addrressing shortage of staff, improving production quality, meeting deadlines, etc.). For more information, watch SHIROBAKO if you haven't already. Every anime fan should watch SHIROBAKO to appreciate the hardwork behind the medium that we love.
Thanks for providing this information. As a big fan of SHAFT this episode is a breath of fresh air.
Apparently a lot of people still surprised by the quality of the animation. Read this.
Mar 23, 2019 11:51 PM

Jan 2013
Ichika has grown up so much since the first episode! I guess her detectors failed miserably hahaha

Miku is still the best girl for me! Rooting for her xD The iglu scene was so cute, Miku os way too cute :3

Some scenes in this episode were so fantastic! Loved the static artworks! They looked amazing!

One of the best episodes! I wonder how things will go in the last episode but i doubt it will be a good ending.

Hope there will be a 2S!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 24, 2019 4:33 AM

Feb 2018
Ski chapter very good.
Mar 24, 2019 5:05 AM

Nov 2007
saengdao said:
itsuki's testing my spot of miku being #1, she's the most mature since she's oldest and it's very likable to see that. this episode was beautiful in terms of visuals though, so shiny and polished.

You have a point that she is the oldest but I really don't get it. I know it's being the case since she considers herself as the Onee-san character herself and feels the need to act as one, trying to fill in the role of the oldest sister amongst the quints but she probably entered the world within a couple of hours ahead of the youngest (i.e. Itsuki) so, I really don't get it.

I have 6 twins (including a boy/girl pair) and 1 triplet within my relatives and friends but I have never seen them taking the roles of the oldest or the youngest. Not in front of any of us at least. So, when I see them taking roles in anime, I feel that it must be a thing about Japanese culture. They seem to follow the sequence very strictly.
Coronavirus.
Mar 24, 2019 8:34 AM

Jan 2018
The quality this episode was fantastic, compared to anything else that's been released so far. Glad shaft made this episode, because the skiing part was pretty cool in the manga. The art style reminded me so much of sangatsu no lion, now I want a sequel to that as well as this!

I'm kind of hoping shaft decides to make a season 2, but I'd be find with any studio/director as long as it exists.
Mar 24, 2019 9:41 AM

Jun 2015
shanimebib said:
saengdao said:

You have a point that she is the oldest but I really don't get it. I know it's being the case since she considers herself as the Onee-san character herself and feels the need to act as one, trying to fill in the role of the oldest sister amongst the quints but she probably entered the world within a couple of hours ahead of the youngest (i.e. Itsuki) so, I really don't get it.

I have 6 twins (including a boy/girl pair) and 1 triplet within my relatives and friends but I have never seen them taking the roles of the oldest or the youngest. Not in front of any of us at least. So, when I see them taking roles in anime, I feel that it must be a thing about Japanese culture. They seem to follow the sequence very strictly.

i definitely didn't think of that until you pointed it out since it's so natural to me. i think it probably is she's following cultural standards, cause the thing about asian culture in general is the parents are always gonna put a high pressure point on the oldest, then pressure the younger ones to follow the oldest. so itsuki is most likely just trying to be a good example and role model for the other four.
it's a weird case like this one since they're all literally born minutes or hours before/after another, but i suppose it still stuck and applied with them when they were raised and brought up by their dad.
Mar 24, 2019 10:51 AM

Nov 2007
saengdao said:
shanimebib said:

i definitely didn't think of that until you pointed it out since it's so natural to me. i think it probably is she's following cultural standards, cause the thing about asian culture in general is the parents are always gonna put a high pressure point on the oldest, then pressure the younger ones to follow the oldest. so itsuki is most likely just trying to be a good example and role model for the other four.
it's a weird case like this one since they're all literally born minutes or hours before/after another, but i suppose it still stuck and applied with them when they were raised and brought up by their dad.

Did you intend to say Itsuki? I thought we were talking about Ichika (the oldest by probably few minutes). Itsuki (the youngest, again probably by a few minutes) do want to act as if she has to take the responsibility of all the sisters despite of being the youngest, but is basically a super crybaby, always finding a way to jump to her sisters' arms and cry the hell out of her eyes, lol.
Coronavirus.
Mar 24, 2019 11:45 AM

Jun 2015
shanimebib said:
saengdao said:

Did you intend to say Itsuki? I thought we were talking about Ichika (the oldest by probably few minutes). Itsuki (the youngest, again probably by a few minutes) do want to act as if she has to take the responsibility of all the sisters despite of being the youngest, but is basically a super crybaby, always finding a way to jump to her sisters' arms and cry the hell out of her eyes, lol.

i did mean to say ichika. i always mix up itsuki and ichika since their names are the most similar, although ichika should be the most memorable since she has "one" in her name.
for all five it seems like:
ichika = wants to be the role model sister
nino = acts like a mom to all of them
miku = thinks her sisters are better and looks up to them
yotsuba = carefree and doesn't really mind
itsuki = wants to be a good example but ends up a crybaby
Mar 24, 2019 3:56 PM

Aug 2018
Morag_23 said:
Shiroyasha_97 said:
It sad that next week is the last episode. Hopefully we get season 2.
I really hope to have a season 2 too (I'm really advanced in the manga), but how are the chance? But considering Tezuka Productions didn't made too much animes since Black Jack, in 2006, I'm hopefull the chances are here!

The manga sales tripled after the anime and became very popular, now it all depends if the producers want a season 2. But with that in mind i think we may get a season 2 cause who doesn't like seeing their work grow fast in sales?
Mar 24, 2019 5:29 PM

Nov 2017
Damn,Ichika nearly made me rethink Miku as best girl,then Miku went and stole the top spot again at the end.
Mar 24, 2019 6:00 PM

Mar 2012
BestJo said:
this was the best episode so far, clean visuals, great animations and a fucking perfect story. now i understand why last episode animations and visuals were totally shit.

It was just made by shaft (ep 11) that's why..
Mar 24, 2019 10:47 PM
Jun 2017
FINAL EPISODE NEXT WEEK!!!! ohh who will be the one that futaro will be pair or dance in that camp fire... im so exited about that one....
Mar 25, 2019 2:58 AM
Sep 2017
binged the whole series and now there is only an episode left. i really want a new season for this.
didn't expected that i would like this series that much
Mar 25, 2019 3:21 AM
Jan 2019
Hello guys i like episode 11 so much that i make this video to see how many heart thumps Ichika had count when Uesugi save her!?
But.... in the end I lose count of them😂

https://youtu.be/V0Y3XJ05e9w
Mar 25, 2019 7:15 AM

Jan 2011
I wonder if anyone noticed the hint.
Mar 25, 2019 8:57 AM

Nov 2007
ReaperCreeper said:
I wonder if anyone noticed the hint.

More like I am sure no one noticed that the quints' game has already started!
Coronavirus.
Mar 25, 2019 6:28 PM
Nov 2015
If only Shaft had made the whole anime. This episode was leaps and bounds above the previous ones in terms of production quality.
Mar 26, 2019 5:16 AM
May 2016
Knowing which voice voiced who is kinda takes a little fun out of it. You can know when the quintuplets disguise themselves as each other.
Mar 26, 2019 10:40 AM

Aug 2018
HaarWyvern said:
BestJo said:
this was the best episode so far, clean visuals, great animations and a fucking perfect story. now i understand why last episode animations and visuals were totally shit.

waiiiit how do you know it?
Mar 26, 2019 4:07 PM

Mar 2012
BestJo said:
HaarWyvern said:

waiiiit how do you know it?

Some researches... :D

Nope a friend tells me xD
And then I find it. ^^
Mar 26, 2019 5:18 PM
May 2016
bunny1998 said:
binged the whole series and now there is only an episode left. i really want a new season for this.

i'm in the same boat :(
Mar 27, 2019 7:42 AM

Dec 2016
This episode was really nice! Some CGs looked very pretty ^^ Last episode is already the wedding? Who could it be? X3

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Mar 27, 2019 8:55 AM

Nov 2007
BlackAnimeRanger said:

bunny1998 said:

And the anime just covers the decent part of the manga, first half of which was just okayish. The anime will end before it really starts to become really, I mean REALLY good.

Ask any manga reader. 9 out of 10 times you'll get a positive recommendation.
Coronavirus.
Mar 27, 2019 4:28 PM
Mar 2016
so, which chapters did this ep cover?
is the adapt faithful to the manga?
Mar 27, 2019 5:30 PM
Jul 2017
So... as a manga reader but with no spoilers, I can't tell if the preview for the final episode is implying they're going to reveal the end result before the manga concludes, the anime is making its own ending since it doesn't anticipate a second season, or it's merely the flash-forward framing device popping up again. I assume the third option but crazier things have happened.
Mar 27, 2019 10:28 PM
Sep 2018
Team Ichika!

Ichika or bust
Mar 28, 2019 1:40 AM
Sep 2017
shanimebib said:
BlackAnimeRanger said:

bunny1998 said:

And the anime just covers the decent part of the manga, first half of which was just okayish. The anime will end before it really starts to become really, I mean REALLY good.

Thanks i do beleave you but
I am not an manga reader which is why i have no choice but to wait
Mar 28, 2019 3:14 AM

Nov 2007
bunny1998 said:
shanimebib said:

Thanks i do beleave you but
I am not an manga reader which is why i have no choice but to wait

The BD+DVD sales looks quite promising. Plus the manga has been licensed in multiple different languages. With the current popularity, it won't be too much of a stretch to say that we are going to get a sequel and it will be announced very soon, fingers crossed, however.
Coronavirus.
Mar 28, 2019 4:16 PM
Jul 2018
uninstallthegame said:
is it just me or this episode had some unusually good animation? especially the scene with Ichika and Fuutarou in the shed
this was a pretty good episode. tbh, these last two episodes felt really nice. much more progression and less stalemate

changelog said:
Ichika better fucking win.

Kana Hanazawa characters never win. people never learn smh
Hey, let me ask you something. Have you seen SugarPunch Harem Reviews?
Mar 30, 2019 4:06 AM

Jan 2019
The animation was beautiful this Ep. And quite a lot of drama too. Only 1 more Ep left. :(
Mar 30, 2019 10:07 AM

May 2016
Glad that this show was not about studying.... I kinda started taking Ichika's route.
Mar 31, 2019 2:29 PM

Nov 2018
I have been thinking so since the first episodes but the ending song really is good.
Also Ichika and Miku giving each other competition.
I really want Nino to fall for the actual Uesugi because in the end, I am interested in her the most. As materialistic as she may get, she can be pretty cute.
OrangeCloudsMar 31, 2019 2:35 PM
Apr 3, 2019 6:26 AM

Mar 2009
The camera sure was in love with the girls this episode.
Apr 3, 2019 5:14 PM

Oct 2012
I feel like Ichika and Miku being the only one who really embraced their love for him, not much for the rest.

Itsuki is mostly just jealous or angry, Nino is just chasing his unexisting cousin and Yotsuba is just teasing him, not taking anything seriously.

Honestly, by now I already feel this tendency to cockblock any further progress and it's obvious when he was alone with Ichika would ended a lot differently if this manga had any serious approach (they would at least try to warm themselves with their bodies instead of that ridiculous fire.

Still loving the show but nothing have really happen besides introductions and basic plotpoints of each character in terms of developement during the anime.
Apr 3, 2019 6:59 PM

May 2013
Aww, this ep had a pretty good amt of cute moments :}

Ichika is adorable <33333
Love her smile :D

Miku's been in a bind lately bc of Ichika :( I hope she clears her head next ep. Futaro really knows what to say to her and help her mature lol. I've said it before, but it helps to have that in a partner. And Ichika helps Futaro when he has problems, so I'm not sure which pair is better hahah
Apr 5, 2019 6:29 AM

Mar 2017
*the chances of a random igloo being there and nobody else spotting it though
Apr 7, 2019 1:06 AM

Aug 2017
I am dazzled by this anime. As I thought, Yotsuba has sunk to last place as she's the tomboy all rounder. More romantic tension with Itsuki and Nino both now. Awesome speech by Futarou giving Yotsuba credit for effort. He's a real man.

I've come over to team Ichika. Futarou is a harem master. Wicked tango moves.

Apr 9, 2019 7:38 PM

May 2012
Nice episode and development to be honest, really do wonder what the last episode will have to offer!
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

301 by Sporecraft »»
Apr 13, 1:44 AM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

112 by Sporecraft »»
Apr 9, 6:45 AM

» My review of the 5-toubun no Hanayome

aTi - Apr 4

17 by ElmoBoredAsf »»
Apr 5, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2019

237 by otakuanity »»
Mar 29, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

193 by Tiger_Tank-II »»
Mar 3, 1:40 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.