Forum Settings
Forums
Mar 21, 1:53 AM

A second season for High Score Girl TV anime was announced during the Extra Stage OVA screening event on Thursday. Titled High Score Girl II, the anime is slated for this fall. The staff and cast members will reprise their roles.

Rensuke Oshikiri penned High Score Girl in Big Gangan from October 2010 to September 2018, compiling it in ten volumes. The manga entered hiatus when it received a copyright violation for featuring characters from games without permission, which also delayed its anime adaptation that was initially announced in December 2013. The TV anime aired last summer and the three-episode Extra Stage was released as a separate volume and via Netflix on March 20.

Teaser

Source: Comic Natalie

High Score Girl II on MAL
Modified by tsubasalover, Mar 21, 3:27 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

Mar 21, 2:05 AM

Super glad to see the High Score Girl franchise getting this well deserved Season 2 and hopefully it’ll go on to adapt the whole manga!

Great teaser video, with that glorious soundtrack, to hype things up a bit!
Looks like we’ll be seeing a few new characters and perhaps a different side of Oono too! Can’t wait!

Fall Season is going to be a dime with this, Chihayafuru 3 and Vinland Saga, lads!
Modified by _MushiRock11_, Mar 21, 2:11 AM

Mar 21, 2:17 AM

Great news, enjoying the first season right now.
"Even if there's a wide world and stories
beyond the main focus, I don't think
it's necessary to end with the protagonist having
been involved in everything." - Yagi Norihiro

Mar 21, 2:19 AM

why did i avoid s1 ...
ah i remember ,because the awful cgi and love triangle

Mar 21, 2:23 AM

You know what's the funny thing here, that almost all anime that are getting a sequel haven't been seen by me yet. Anyway, i guess its fans are gonna be happy, yee!

Mar 21, 2:39 AM

Ohh yes! A sequel!

« Rem »
A female Oni. One of the maids working for Roswaal L Mathers.
The twin sister of Ram.

Mar 21, 2:43 AM

Awesome!
Hopefully enough to finish the whole story.

Mar 21, 2:53 AM

Surprised by this, since the manga has ended now (which was still ongoing when the first season was airing), and an anime is usually made to promote the ongoing source material, but this looks like it's going to be a complete adaptation.

Mar 21, 3:13 AM

wildhood said:
Surprised by this, since the manga has ended now (which was still ongoing when the first season was airing), and an anime is usually made to promote the ongoing source material, but this looks like it's going to be a complete adaptation.

I know right, I was afraid we wouldn’t get this Season 2 for the exact same reason, but here it is! Wonderful surprise!

Mar 21, 3:44 AM
wildhood said:
Well, this is an anime done by Netflix, and I supose they don't work that way, since they've no relation with manga/light novel publishers.

Mar 21, 3:48 AM

thiago5242 said:
wildhood said:
Well, this is an anime done by Netflix, and I supose they don't work that way, since they've no relation with manga/light novel publishers.

It wasn't done/ paid for by netflix, it was licensed by netflix, which is different.

Mar 21, 4:10 AM
IchiGOAT

So it's a complete adaptation, I thought the OVA completes the story. Very excited for the sequel though. I see new characters, is that grown-up Akira?

Mar 21, 4:53 AM

Awesome news! An anime that clearly needs to be watched by more people! Still have to watch the OVA tho, but damn was it an enjoyable and unique take on romance!

Mar 21, 5:11 AM

Super excited! This time I plan to watch week-in week-out! Season 1 was a hidden gem!

Mar 21, 5:31 AM

I have just finished watching the Extra Stage! Such a great news to read just after that cute ending!
Modified by Dudi4PoLFr, Mar 21, 5:36 AM

Mar 21, 5:47 AM

I had s1 on PTW, didn't have the time to watch tbf. I mean despite the CGI animation, I guess Ill watch s1 to see what's so good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 21, 5:56 AM

Wow i had hopes this would get a season 2 but didn't think it would become a reality! Happy for it!

Mar 21, 6:47 AM

Another manga getting full adaptation sure is good, I will get around to watch it on Netflix before it airs.

Mar 21, 7:05 AM
┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴

Easily the most underappreciated anime of 2018.

Really happy to see it getting the most likely full adaptation treatment !

Mar 21, 7:33 AM

Good news, this was a dark horse from Summer 2018 as it was a really lackluster season imo.

Hopefully it catches up to the manga with the adaptation. Looking forward!

Mar 21, 8:17 AM
Review Moderator
Awesome!!!!!
I was hoping for a second season :)

Mar 21, 8:49 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Damn good news. I was gonna start the manga, but there seems to be no reason to do that now.

Mar 21, 10:09 AM
Master Expander

I thought the OVA ended the story! I never expected this to get a sequel! AND THEY SHOWED KAISER KNUCKLE!? AND IT'S COMING THIS FALL? LET'S GO!!!!

Also, funny how the key visual reflects Street Fighter lol.

Mar 21, 10:37 AM

tragedydesu said:
why did i avoid s1 ...

Knowing you, that's a pretty weak reason coming from you.

Mar 21, 10:47 AM

shanimebib said:
tragedydesu said:
why did i avoid s1 ...

Knowing you, that's a pretty weak reason coming from you.

Oh thx god i didn't give it a try

Mar 21, 11:08 AM

Good to hear. Got get him Hidaka.
Ii tenki desu ne...

Mar 21, 11:35 AM

Will watch this one if the scanlations take longer and longer to finish it.

Mar 21, 11:37 AM

Good, almost started reading the manga after the OVA.
Sieg Zeon!

Mar 21, 12:44 PM

Would probably pick the second season up aswell. It was an ok anime. Not bad for being a triangle romcom, but not great iether.
That 30 year old boomer that teaches paleontology during a hentai review on MAL. *sips*
Anime was indeed a mistake, since we prefer 2D waifu's over 3D wamen.

Mar 21, 12:55 PM

Didn't really expect this to happen. But when Baki and HSG are both receiving second seasons then I guess you have no right to complain about the death of anime.

Mar 21, 1:15 PM

#TEAMONO FUCK HIDAFAGS LOL
Mirai Nikki is TRASH
Angel Beats is horrible.
Charlotte is a dumpster fire.
Shinsekai Yori has no characters.
Oreimo's S2 specials don't actually exist.

IM NOT AN ELITIST

I live to see the day where Hidamari Sketch or Little Witch Academia get another season.

Mar 21, 1:20 PM

Gladly will take a s2/complete adaption after watching the OVA. Excited to see what happens and how the relationships will grow.

Oh my God.
This is terrible.
This is the end of my Presidency.
GAME ΘVER

Mar 21, 3:35 PM

GoldenDevilGamer said:
Damn good news. I was gonna start the manga, but there seems to be no reason to do that now.

Manga usually has more game and hardware info not fitting in the TV adaptation but sometimes it gets too descriptive and encyclopaedic. As a video game enthusiast I was aware of those games anyway. Anime has better balance and is as enjoyable.

Mar 21, 3:51 PM
SHSL Good Luck

petran79 said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

Manga usually has more game and hardware info not fitting in the TV adaptation but sometimes it gets too descriptive and encyclopaedic. As a video game enthusiast I was aware of those games anyway. Anime has better balance and is as enjoyable.
Ah, then I might give the manga a read once all of its chapters get translated.

Mar 21, 5:16 PM
</overrated>

Even though I wasn't as crazy about it on my second viewing, I'm still pretty excited about this; it's a cute smol romcom and though the love triangle is a little much it didn't ruin it for me.

Mar 21, 5:23 PM

Even if i usually hate CGI this anime was a gem and also the manga. So many retro feels! Happy that they are making second season.

If you haven't seen it, you are missing out.

I wonder if they cover last chapters as well?
Modified by Lylaaz, Mar 21, 5:28 PM

Mar 21, 6:17 PM

well this is the show I really should have forced watched back when it was airing instead of reading the manga. Didn't expected there will be 2nd season.

Mar 22, 12:31 AM

I freaking love this show. Easily in my top 5 romance anime. I hope they adapt everything left.

Mar 22, 12:34 PM
~ PR Cheerio ~

I'm so happy for this! This show was so good and probably one of the more underrated shows from last year from what I've watched. Also I need to binge it so. ;;

Mar 23, 3:45 AM

Great news! I can't wait to see more of this series!

Mar 23, 11:56 PM

I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

Mar 24, 8:04 PM
Antanaru said:
Good to hear. Got get him Hidaka.

Sorry to disappoint you but

It's not like it's not obwious that the guy loves Oono not Hidaka.