Forum Settings
Forums

Most annoying/least liked MALE anime character

New
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 20, 2019 1:49 PM

Aug 2009
Issei Hyoudou, just by virtue of what he stands for.

Mar 20, 2019 1:59 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Bakugou Katsushit from Boku Aca. His fangirls are masochists.

Other male characters I really dislike include inaho, sinbad, literally every trap character, etc.
Mar 20, 2019 2:00 PM
Mar 2019
Kabuto (Naruto)

Koichi Shido(Teacher with glasses in Highschool of the dead)
Mar 20, 2019 2:01 PM

Dec 2016
those personality-less harem mcs.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Mar 20, 2019 2:11 PM
Apr 2016
Saitama from One Punch Man
Koro-Sensei from Assassination Classroom
Dazai from Bungou Stray Dogs
Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist
Kirito from Sword Art Online

Generally, I can't stand it when shows present half-assed OP characters and try to pass them off as funny. Although some of these characters I just found obnoxious.
Mar 20, 2019 2:34 PM

Aug 2017
teruteru hanamura, who is the mineta of danganronpa
akira fudou from devilman crybaby. might be an unpopular opinion, but after he become a devilman, i found him extremely annoying.
seiji from durarara
yuki from mirai nikki. specifically in the last half of the show.
claude from kuroshitsuji 2
the main character that i cant remember the name of from koi to uso
jj from yuri on ice
kaname from vampire knight
i found eren from attack on titan to be unbearably annoying at first, but he grew on me a little bit.
also, i hated light from death note and he really fucking annoyed me, but he's a well-written character who's supposed to be like that so i'll give him a pass.

Mar 20, 2019 3:00 PM
Sep 2015
Subaru, because he ruined an already mediocre show.
Still waiting for Half-Life 3...
Mar 20, 2019 3:20 PM

Aug 2016
Dali14 said:
Hai to gensou no grimgar spoiler

https://i.imgur.com/ElURei3.png

I almost forgot how an imbecile that idiot was. Wish Ranta died.

MeisterDM said:
Bakugou Katsushit from Boku Aca. His fangirls are masochists.

Other male characters I really dislike include inaho, sinbad, literally every trap character, etc.

Bakufans are the beaten wives from the future.
MichaelJacksonMar 20, 2019 3:24 PM
:v
Mar 20, 2019 4:03 PM

Jul 2017
lt_wassile said:
izuku "crybaby" midoriya should go to hell :)
:)

well tbh he's just a casual unninteresting shonen MC that drags the series and it's potential down IMO. but it's inevitable to have this kind of MC when the series clearly aims for the broadest public possible.
Mar 20, 2019 4:13 PM
Jul 2018
Subaru from Re:Zero. I loathe that piece of shit to no end.
Mar 20, 2019 4:21 PM

Oct 2013
The mc from Accel World, Haruyuki. I completely understand his behavior but sometimes I just wanted to punch him in the face.
Mar 20, 2019 4:34 PM

Oct 2013
Subaru from Re:Zero. The simple fact that he's the MC ruined the anime for me.
Mar 20, 2019 6:38 PM

Apr 2013
Shinji Ikari, Yukiteru, Subaru, Shu Ouma and Arata Hinohara.
Mar 20, 2019 6:55 PM

Jan 2018
Light from Death Note by leaps and bounds. I despise him.

I also can't stand Kazuma from Konosuba.

Only two I can think of.. there's not many characters I blatantly dislike.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Mar 20, 2019 7:09 PM

Feb 2009
Makoto Itou from School Days, period. Never has anime ever had such an unlikable protagonist; a misogynist who treats the female cast like a scorecard until he realizes how much of a POS he is at the end.

Mar 20, 2019 7:26 PM
Dec 2017
Most annoying...? Well, to be honest, there are only a few characters that have annoyed me. When Vegeta was first introduced, I didn't like him because he was ruthless, evil, and other words you would use to describe your average anime villain. But his arrogance... Oh gosh, that was the worst thing about him. I don't feel that way anymore though because he's much less arrogant. I actually like him now. Other arrogant characters get on my nerves too but this happened the most with Vegeta from early DBZ.

As for least liked male characters, I have to go with Yamori (Tokyo Ghoul) Dr. Sasaki and Ishihara (Rainbow Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin), and that Fox guy from Banana Fish. All of them are morally horrible characters that are easy to dislike or hate. Fox was underdeveloped AND horrible though so I just had to include him.

And I guess my least liked male main character is Akira from Togainu no Chi. There's nothing really to like about him... I just kinda cheered him on while watching because he was blamed for something he didn't do. He wasn't a horrible person though at least...
----------
TL; DR

Vegeta- early DBZ
Yamori- Tokyo Ghoul
Dr Sasaki- Rainbow Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin
Ishihara- Rainbow Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin
Fox- Banana Fish
Akira- Togainu no Chi
Mar 20, 2019 7:33 PM

Nov 2018
I would say a lot if not the majority of male main characters are annoying. It's weird how the antagonists have a tendency to be less annoying than the protagonist.

Because it's anime the most annoying will surely be related to some repetitive catchphrases or loud yelling/noises that makes the character annoying.
Mar 20, 2019 7:43 PM

Jul 2017
yuki from mirai nikki got my vote
his entire character design is bad as simple as it is and there's no room for him to develop his character
Mar 20, 2019 7:45 PM
May 2016
I know i Will make some people mad for this, but i hate Joe from ashita no Joe.

Fuck that guy
Mar 20, 2019 10:02 PM
Jul 2018
izaya orihara is the most overrated / arguably the worst excuse for a '''villain''' in anime and that's coming from someone who likes the rest of the drrr cast barring him shizuo and mikado

the setting of that anime is great, as is a lot of the supporting cast... but my lord, if izaya isnt one of the lamest edgelords in entertainment...
Mar 20, 2019 10:44 PM

Jun 2011
PentagramShogoki said:
Lelouch, Light, and those OP characters that have a god complex.
I feel like we are soulmates right now.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Mar 20, 2019 11:12 PM

Apr 2017
deku is so fucking annoying to watch, right from the beginning he was an annoying cunt.
anzai yuuki from devils line, everything about him.

I don't find basic battle shonen mc's annoying because they are funny but sometimes their decisions can just be a pain.
Mar 20, 2019 11:17 PM
Jul 2018
Naruto, I don't like how he egotistical selfish idiot who can't get a clue that when a good girl starting at her and support him. god I don't understand why he like that pink hair girl, even take out of quotation he still hasn't changed or development as likable person hell Golden boy was more likable and hardworking than him, and he was a sex-crazed pervert.
Mar 20, 2019 11:22 PM
May 2018
For m the most annoying was Tada Banri from Golden Time
Mar 20, 2019 11:22 PM

Mar 2018
Probably Deku since I like Bakugo so much more but annoying/least liked is probably a strong word to use for me.
Not gonna go on about my hate for their respective series but Sword Art Online and Attack on Titan are much better when they focus on the other characters tbh. It's probably why I liked mother's rosario and attack on titan season 3.
Mar 20, 2019 11:50 PM

Jul 2016
Well, let's see:

- Shinji Matou (Fate/Stay Night) - A narcissist (way too narcissist) 17 years old kid with a huge inferiority complex granted with the opportunity to participate in a very "prestigious" event such as the Holy Grail War... oh dear, what a way to raise an already huge ego...

- Bell Cranel (DanMachi) - I don't really have anything against him but man, him being always embarrassed when a female character was near was so annoying to watch.

- Shuu Ouma (Guilty Crown) - There were like two or three episodes where I really liked his way of acting but of course, those eps, were the ones where he became a "tyrant" (for understandable reasons if I'm honest) and no, that's bad... submissive Shuu is the one all the cast want...

- Seto Kaiba (Yu-Gi-Oh!) - To be fair, after a couple of arcs, I found him and his arrogant personality more hilarious rather than anything.

- Makoto Itou (School Days) - Nothing to add here.

- Daisuke (Revisions) - Basically when the hero complex is taken to the extreme of annoyance. His childish mentality was something I haven't seen in a while, being honest.
SouthRzVaMar 20, 2019 11:54 PM
Mar 21, 2019 12:53 AM

Mar 2017
Hiro "Code:016" from Darling In The Franxx
Mar 21, 2019 12:57 AM

Mar 2019
Kirito - SAO
Shinn Asuka - Seed Destiny
Mar 21, 2019 1:17 AM

Oct 2010
Suzaku from code geass because he's a hypocrite lying scum who constantly changes allegiencies because he's dumb.
Lyn Kaifun from Macross, a true scumbag piece of s***, hypocrite to the core and fooled his younger cousin into marriage and sex with him, then proceded to take advantage of her, maybe he ever beat her. He deserved to die that bastard yet he lived.
Mar 21, 2019 1:20 AM

Aug 2014
Pretty much after first hearing Kirito's VA, whenever I hear it on any other character, I get super bummed out.
Mar 21, 2019 1:49 AM
Jul 2018
Izuku Midoriya⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Mar 21, 2019 2:59 AM

May 2018
Kirito is such a piece of cardboard I don't feel like I can despise him too much.

Sasuke, OTOH, is such an obnoxious jackass with few redeeming qualities from start to stop of the story that I think he deserves every bit of the disdain he gets from the fandom. I think I may dislike him more than Sakura, TBH, and that's saying something.
Harem is the opiate of the Anime fandom masses.
Mar 21, 2019 3:33 AM

Aug 2018
Energetic-Nova said:
PentagramShogoki said:
Lelouch, Light, and those OP characters that have a god complex.
I feel like we are soulmates right now.

Feel the same with that Shinji pic in your avi.
Mar 21, 2019 4:03 AM

Aug 2017
Eren,Naruto,Kirito,Lelouch,Light,Kaneki,Shinji,Goku,Natsu,Hinata Shouyo and Bakugou
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2019 4:27 AM

Mar 2019
The TV adaptation isn't at what they call "hobo Eren" yet but let's just say without spoiling too much in the source material Eren grows long hair and suddenly gets very nuanced, calm, calculating, willing to see the enemy side and even willing to sacrifice the few for the good of the many after growing up.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Mar 21, 2019 4:48 AM

Nov 2009
VeriSnekBoi said:
A few easy examples for me of an annoying characters to me Shirou Emiya, Shinji Matou, Shinji Ikari, and Aoba Kuronuma.

Now, Matou Shinji is a serious candidate, but I can't help hating this guy more:
https://myanimelist.net/character/48221/Kagerou_Shoukiin
He might have been less hated if there was a tsundere to punch him around all the time. (he needs punching 100% of the time he's on-screen)

Arkab said:
Okabe - Steins; Gate, not only he's insufferable, he's also really ugly to look at (how did he become so popular is beyond my comprehension)

It's called "charisma" I guess. He's an overdramatic guy who manages to make operating a microwave oven awesome.

Mod Edit: Merged double post
Fleeting_DreamJan 2, 2020 8:41 AM
Mar 21, 2019 10:24 AM

Aug 2017
Sphinxter said:
The TV adaptation isn't at what they call "hobo Eren" yet but let's just say without spoiling too much in the source material Eren grows long hair and suddenly gets very nuanced, calm, calculating, willing to see the enemy side and even willing to sacrifice the few for the good of the many after growing up.
I have stopped reading the manga after the return to shiganshima arc because I've started not enjoying it as much as before(I was a huge fan).I don't how the characters have changed,but from some spoiler I have seen on internet I have seen that Eren has became depressed and started to hate mikasa(?)which made me hate his character even more.I know isn't really right to judge without reading the new chapters but this is what impression made me the "new eren"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2019 10:33 AM

Mar 2019
Mucosa said:
Sphinxter said:
I have stopped reading the manga after the return to shiganshima arc because I've started not enjoying it as much as before(I was a huge fan).I don't how the characters have changed,but from some spoiler I have seen on internet I have seen that Eren has became depressed and started to hate mikasa(?)which made me hate his character even more.I know isn't really right to judge without reading the new chapters but this is what impression made me the "new eren"
Eren has indeed totally changed but for what it's worth the fanbase is hotly debating whether Eren truly fell out with Mikasa or whether Eren is faking it as part of a master plan.

But suffice to say the suicidal blockhead who doesn't think much about his actions who would never trade lives is gone and from his ashes as arisen a calculating, nuanced man who can understand the enemy's perspective to do what must be done and is seemingly capable of sacrificing some lives for the ultimate common good.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Mar 21, 2019 12:12 PM

Jul 2016
My Selection of Shitlords:

Motoyasu Kitamura (Spear Hero) from Shield Hero: Creepy, Accusatory, Starts useless fights, why are you acting like that toward Filo,..

Ryota Mitarai from Danganronpa 3: All he did was cry??? Then he tried to reverse the apocalypse, by doing the same thing but in reverse?? I think? Also now hes suddenly with the Danganronpa 2 class??

Hiro Shishigami from Inuyashiki: I get youse got an edgy past, doesn't mean you can shank all of Japan. Only thing youse good for is that scene when you shank all those 2channers.

Judal from Magi: His eyeliner/shadow/whatever game is shit.

Reita Toritsuka (Scumbag) from Saiki K: Perverted, good for nothing else bassard. Reveled in his suffering cause he deserved it.

Koutarou Tatsumi from Zombieland Saga: Yells constantly, constantly fighting with the girls. Only good for one-off jokes.
Mar 21, 2019 12:49 PM
Feb 2018
MCs who do not have balls initially and then fail to grow them over the course of series.

Izuku was someone i hated at first but good Lord he grew up somewhat because Mineta and Bakugo were enough to give me migraine from watching bnha.
Mar 21, 2019 12:55 PM

May 2018
Yukiteru Amano from Mirai Nikki
Shinji Ikari from Neon Genesis Evangelion
Kuroko Tetsuya from Kuroko no Basket (even though I loved KNB, I hated Kuroko so much)
Mineta Minoru from BNHA
Alois Trancy from Kuroshitsuji
Mar 21, 2019 12:57 PM
Feb 2019
shirou from fate/stay night. Not that I hate him, but ops he's annoying af
-
-
-
and his hairstyle makes me mad (it's so bad liike jeez)
Mar 21, 2019 4:30 PM

Dec 2013
My top 3 hated male characters are:
1. Shirou (FSN)
2. Near (DN)
3. Suzaku (CG)
Mar 21, 2019 4:32 PM

May 2014
Asta from Black Clover and Shirou from FSN.

Can't stand those guys.
Mar 21, 2019 5:38 PM

Nov 2008
Mirai said:
Mineta from HeroAca.

YEAH, I HATE THAT LITTLE SHIT SO MUCH. WISH MT. LADY WOULD STEP ON HIM. D:<

but he'd probably like it. Why does he exist!? Such a horrible character...

MC-wise........

Tomo from Sora Otoshimono is most annoying while Makoto from School Days is most despicable.

I don't like Mikado from Durarara either but at least he's inoffensively boring.

Mar 21, 2019 7:11 PM

Dec 2015
Probably that one guy from School Days.
Mar 21, 2019 7:23 PM

Feb 2019
Sphinxter said:
I'd probably go with Goku — they don't usually make the males as annoying and hyperactive.

Gonna second this. Goku does this thing where he says the villain can leave unharmed and think about what he's done... Good job Goku, you spared a life and that same guy is gonna go and wipe out a bunch of other planets like he did yours.
Mar 21, 2019 7:35 PM

Feb 2017
alaneCN said:
My Selection of Shitlords:

Motoyasu Kitamura (Spear Hero) from Shield Hero: Creepy, Accusatory, Starts useless fights, why are you acting like that toward Filo,..

Ryota Mitarai from Danganronpa 3: All he did was cry??? Then he tried to reverse the apocalypse, by doing the same thing but in reverse?? I think? Also now hes suddenly with the Danganronpa 2 class??

Hiro Shishigami from Inuyashiki: I get youse got an edgy past, doesn't mean you can shank all of Japan. Only thing youse good for is that scene when you shank all those 2channers.

Judal from Magi: His eyeliner/shadow/whatever game is shit.

Reita Toritsuka (Scumbag) from Saiki K: Perverted, good for nothing else bassard. Reveled in his suffering cause he deserved it.

Koutarou Tatsumi from Zombieland Saga: Yells constantly, constantly fighting with the girls. Only good for one-off jokes.

im with you on motoyasu and also mitarai, i watched dr3 for the backstory but that ending was a mess lmao

anyways the only one i can think of right now is rin okumura, he annoyed the hell of out me during blue exorcist

myfigurecollection / steam / instagram
❝it repeats again; a flashback, the buzzing cicadas...
and you, who will never come back.❞
Mar 21, 2019 7:45 PM

Nov 2008
SamHandwich said:
Sphinxter said:
I'd probably go with Goku — they don't usually make the males as annoying and hyperactive.

Gonna second this. Goku does this thing where he says the villain can leave unharmed and think about what he's done... Good job Goku, you spared a life and that same guy is gonna go and wipe out a bunch of other planets like he did yours.

Yeah, I dislike Goku too; he is a SHIT father on top of that.

I think Luffy is Goku but done right. Of course Oda is a much better writer than Toriyama to begin with.

Mar 21, 2019 7:55 PM

Oct 2010
Shinji from Evangelion

Shiro? Or whatever that fuck was from fate/stay night

guy from mirai nikki

any similar " beta losers " who also get some s tier waifus dangling in front of them and even wanting them and then they're too idiotic to do anything about it and in general can't think for themselves and are indecisive as hell and have shitty logical patterns

the thing with indecisive betas (like me) is that we're not in any situation and those anime characters ARE, the people that wrote the script and shit probably had beta teens in mind who would watch the anime but they didn't consider the fact that people change when under pressure or when put in situations and within the context of the plot of these animes, those characters showed no growth or anything and were just pathetic throughout the whole anime and didn't stop whine and there's so many of those protagonists for some reason

lots of music -
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you think girl on girl (yuri / GL / shoujo ai) is hot? ( 1 2 )

Bakchos - Aug 15, 2019

65 by Jamk_ »»
2 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

41 by ISeeLifePeople »»
2 minutes ago

» thoughts on Chinese anime? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ryo-san - Mar 6, 2022

222 by SobbleBoy27 »»
7 minutes ago

» angry sub only users ( 1 2 3 )

Yorda_trico - Apr 15

113 by DreamingBeats »»
35 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be in favor of tipping Crunchyroll for every anime you complete on their platform?

Dije - Apr 16

44 by Lucifrost »»
41 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.