Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Mar 20, 2019 9:10 PM

Nov 2011
Yo it's about to go down next week! This episode was really good. And those other Idiot Heroes finally realized who the true hero is!

Damn though Filo got done in by the ZOmbie curse as well! Crazy
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 20, 2019 9:17 PM

Nov 2011
BenSpeirs said:
I found this to be the weakest episode by far if I'm totally honest.

Firstly, Naofumi seems to have no weakness. Him going into RAGE MODE felt entirely forced and way too early, he needed to be in real peril and channel it as a last resort kind of thing rather than just "eh this is going kinda slowly, better RAGE". The actual iron maiden appearing was hilariously awful, when he was talking about the spikes and stuff I just thought he was gonna spawn some spikes inside his little ball (which would also be ridiculous) but what the fuck was that?!

And during all of this, everybody (including foot soldiers who managed to mount a FLYING AIRSHIP MADE OF TENTACLES AND HATRED) just stood there and did absolutely nothing?! Motoyasu's refusal to help Naofumi at this point.. I can't even be bothered to be frustrated at it. This is the big catastrophe they've been building to, if the characters don't take it seriously then why should I believe this is gonna be any threat y'know?

Not to mention Glass and the ninja grandma too. The episode had a few good lines but outside of that, thumbs down from me.

Completely deflated after that, at one point I was literally shaking my head. For a show that started off so strong I am so disappointed, but if you managed to enjoy it then fair play to you aha.

Really? You think it was the weakest episode when episodes 7 and 8 exist?

What exactly did you expect everyone to do? The only enemy was trapped in a ball made up of shields and iron chains, and was being sent into an actual Iron Maiden. I mean, sure Itsuki and the archers could've shot at the shield prison/iron maiden, but what would even be the point of that?
Mar 20, 2019 9:24 PM
May 2015
"Let's create this plot point that activates only in moments of extreme emotion"

Naofumi: "time to activate my rage shield!"

What an absolute joke of an episode/show. They destroyed the one miniscule reason i had for watching.

The only path to redemption for this show is if Ralph dies and naofumi becomes the villain.
bpwhelan95Mar 20, 2019 9:37 PM
Mar 20, 2019 9:25 PM
Jan 2018
[quote=Demyx_IX]
OG_Gattsu said:
The writer wrote them to be incompetent idiots. Edgelord hero already told the other heroes this isn’t the game last episode, but they continued to make dumb decisions.

Are you really the type of person that would change your entire outlook on life if someone that you're not overly fond of, told you something that goes against everything you've thought? No? Didn't think so.

OG_Gattsu said:
These heroes have supposed to have played similar games before and yet they don’t know the value of a tank and they’re all using lightning attacks when it’s not effective. Why the hell would you do that when the first one didn’t work? I’ll tell you why, it’s too make Edgelord Hero look good.
Uh. The only time they used a lightning type attack was when they first start fighting it. So I have no idea what you're complaining about.

OG_Gattsu said:
The one attack he used with the rage shield was doing damage over time. The fact that the lower level tank is doing more damage than the three heroes combined is shitty written.

I don’t know why you’re focusing on the word so literally and not the problem at hand, but I should except that much coming from a diehard fanboy.

I understand with your complaint because the anime did not include a number of explanations regarding this matter, why did the combined attacks of the 3 hero's electrical elements have no effect in injuring the soul eater monster?
in LN it is well explained that these monsters are most susceptible to light type skills, for example the attack of glass at the end can be easily killed, as well as raphtalia attacks at the beginning used to find these monsters, where the attack attacks only light elements that can kill That monster, Raphtalia can use the light type skill that she used at the beginning to find the monster's physical form, while the naofumi's IRON MAIDEN skill is a high level type of AOE attack, so you don't need to distinguish it from the weak attack of those 3 heroes, the three of them did not develop at all
MudaMudaGioGioMar 20, 2019 9:28 PM
Mar 20, 2019 9:46 PM
Feb 2019
Starting to think, maybe the reason Stimpy was able to believe Tate-tot about the plague had to with the dragon giving creepy after-talks. I mean, maybe Ren has been hearing voices as well up to this point, though he hasn't unlocked any cheats yet.
Mar 20, 2019 10:44 PM
Feb 2019
MudaMudaGioGio said:

OG_Gattsu said:
The one attack he used with the rage shield was doing damage over time. The fact that the lower level tank is doing more damage than the three heroes combined is shitty written.

I don’t know why you’re focusing on the word so literally and not the problem at hand, but I should except that much coming from a diehard fanboy.

I understand with your complaint because the anime did not include a number of explanations regarding this matter, why did the combined attacks of the 3 hero's electrical elements have no effect in injuring the soul eater monster?
in LN it is well explained that these monsters are most susceptible to light type skills, for example the attack of glass at the end can be easily killed, as well as raphtalia attacks at the beginning used to find these monsters, where the attack attacks only light elements that can kill That monster, Raphtalia can use the light type skill that she used at the beginning to find the monster's physical form, while the naofumi's IRON MAIDEN skill is a high level type of AOE attack, so you don't need to distinguish it from the weak attack of those 3 heroes, the three of them did not develop at all

Do you need an explanation? The three heroes simply guessed wrong it's elemental weakness.

Some games "Lightning" and "Light" are the same element, Chrono Trigger comes to mind (such that they renamed the Light element to Lightning in the English version). It just so happens that The Adventures of Meyn-hime-sama of Melromac isn't one of those games.
Mar 20, 2019 10:59 PM

Oct 2008
How on Earth is it so hard to believe that the other three heroes are still douchebags? I don't get the issue here. We have never really seen anything from their perspectives, yet people seem to completely understand where they are coming from. From what we HAVE seen:

- They have the full backing of the country, with everything handed to them on a silver platter.
- They have never had to suffer prejudice or difficulty leveling up, given the fact that they have had companions since the beginning.
- They have never had to consider the consequences of their actions.
- They have been told by everyone around them, directly and through propaganda, about how they are amazing and fantastic for simply BEING heroes. Naofumi had to become a hero through his ACTIONS.
- They only work together during the waves. Of course, there'd be friction.
- Last but not least, thanks to all the above, they still think that they're the main protagonist of a video game that revolves around them.

Why wouldn't they be immature and incompetent? Like, come on. It's so annoying when people write things off as bad writing or lazy writing when they find something remotely disagreeable. We, as the viewer, are privy to many things that the characters in the show aren't and vice versa. When critiquing a show, I find it particularly important to first keep your own position and subjectivity in mind.
ActarMar 20, 2019 11:08 PM
Mar 20, 2019 11:04 PM

May 2015
Wow, the old lady that Captain Japan healed just happens to be a powerful martial artist. Now that's an ally!

Ren is level 65...Japan is only 38. He has some catching up to do...

*sigh* that's what you idiots get for not getting behind the tank...

Apparently the Shield has the power to grant its user certain kinds of armor which is actually pretty cool. Funny that it had to be yet another Berserk armor...

Cheat my ass, Ren is over 30 levels higher than Japan wielding an attack weapon and he couldn't do jack shit. He has no right to complain.

So Glass is the wave boss? She only sees Captain Japan worthy of being called a hero. Hehehe, if Japan actually solos this next fight, then I don't want to hear another word from the other heroes calling him a weakling.
Mar 20, 2019 11:19 PM

Apr 2015
Daath_K said:
"OP" naofumi they said...lets see OP naofumi vs glass next week dude
this
anime only : ooooooohhh Naofumi is OP
glass : hold my beer
Mar 20, 2019 11:27 PM

Jan 2017
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Reuterli said:
"Last time Rage Mode did basically nothing and I still don't know what it's actually good for, but let me poker and use it again even though I'm already perfectly able to parry the enemy's attacks"

Paired with the other heroes being all edgy and initially refusing to help for no apparent reason.

Mindboggling garbage.

You should try paying attention. He used the Rage Shield because it would have taken too long to kill the Soul Eater otherwise. Like yeah, they were able to dodge it's attacks and their attacks WERE doing damage, but they were really only slowly chipping away at it's health. An extended fight would put the village Naofumi was defending in more danger, that's why he took the risk and used the Rage Shield.

The show ain't perfect, but if you're going to criticize it, at least have your criticism make sense.

I paid attention perfectly well, maybe try to read again and understand what I was referring to. He had no reason to think that going rage mode would do anything to make him kill the monster any faster since last time it didn't do jackshit or at least had unknown effects while bearing equally unknown risks. The situation wasn't dire enough to make him gamble like that. It's simply yet another badly written sequence which lacks rhyme or reason. Something this anime is having more and more of after its decent start.
Mar 20, 2019 11:32 PM

Feb 2018
Say what you want about this anime, this episode was pretty awesome. I'm glad Naofumi is starting to get the recognition he deserves. It's also refreshing to see the other heroes being established useless
Mar 20, 2019 11:56 PM
Feb 2019
Reuterli said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

You should try paying attention. He used the Rage Shield because it would have taken too long to kill the Soul Eater otherwise. Like yeah, they were able to dodge it's attacks and their attacks WERE doing damage, but they were really only slowly chipping away at it's health. An extended fight would put the village Naofumi was defending in more danger, that's why he took the risk and used the Rage Shield.

The show ain't perfect, but if you're going to criticize it, at least have your criticism make sense.

I paid attention perfectly well, maybe try to read again and understand what I was referring to. He had no reason to think that going rage mode would do anything to make him kill the monster any faster since last time it didn't do jackshit or at least had unknown effects while bearing equally unknown risks. The situation wasn't dire enough to make him gamble like that. It's simply yet another badly written sequence which lacks rhyme or reason. Something this anime is having more and more of after its decent start.

The risk is that if he has the shield equipped too long he won't be able to deactivate the shield's passive buff (source: Anime Tutorial Prompt in Episode 1, on "Masteries"). In the case of the Shield of Rage it sets things on fire.

Setting nearby things on fire is very convenient to have in a fight. It is not so convenient when you are trying to sleep or are having a group hug.

Raphtallia: That's the fifth carriage you burnt down this week.

Filo: How could you?

Naofumi: NOT AGAIIIIN!

That's the future you look forward to if he over-uses his Rage Shield. (I mean, what do you expect a shield that's on fire to do if not burn stuff?)
Mar 21, 2019 12:09 AM

Oct 2018
Alright

Now I can say it for sure:
This anime is my favorite isekai anime so far!

This is a real masterpiece, and this episode was an outstanding one, and I don't care what you guys says, you can't change my mind :)
Mar 21, 2019 12:25 AM
Dec 2018
I cant stop rewatching this episode it really well gone and that music when naofumi unlocks the skill is triple S rank. I was worrie this would be rushed but it dint im so glad we get to have 2 episodes in the 2nd wave. Just wish the LN vol 14 dint got delayed this week going to feel like a month to wait for next episode .
Mar 21, 2019 1:18 AM

May 2014
That's it. This serie just showed me that it's beyond salvation regarding about characters and plot development... or giving sense to its own universe. Hell, it even got SAO/Fairy Tail/Your typical edgy phantasy level. At least it still can be an "it's so bad that is good" case.
Mar 21, 2019 1:28 AM

Feb 2017
the whole fight pretty damn insulting

my face the entire episode

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Mar 21, 2019 1:28 AM

Aug 2017
bella_bellxa said:
Could have been better but nice episode, not a fan of making everyone useless just to make naofumi stand out.

well they are a bit useless to begin with lol
Mar 21, 2019 1:30 AM

Aug 2014
Coolest part was fighting grandma. Decent episode.
Mar 21, 2019 2:13 AM

Oct 2008
Another Absolutely immersive episode!
can't say much lolz
5/5.

Mar 21, 2019 2:29 AM

Aug 2015
Ahh,, Very Cool about Naofumi using Skill Iron Maiden, Keep Waiting for Naofumi vs Glass
Mar 21, 2019 3:20 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Very cool episode, it was somewhat satisfying to see the shield hero lead the action while the other heroes stand at their corners and watch, I think ti could have been a lot more hype if they toned down the pacing, I was hoping for some tension like the first half of the series had going, but I guess, at least, not yet. I wish he didn't fall back to using the rage shield that quickly as more solid opportunities could have been more suitable for the call, like for example, this new villain that just stated her name.
Mar 21, 2019 3:26 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
ThumbsUpBaby said:
Farabeuf said:

That's literally my reason for watching this, but for some reason I cannot fathom, we keep on being denied this pleasure. If the creators behind this solve that situation with the cliché "Shounen power of friendship and understanding of each other" I will be majorly miffed. Malty needs to down, and go down hard.

Trust me, you'll be so happy with the outcome. But I reckon it'll happen at the last episode... so more waiting to come.

Sweet mother of Baby Jesus, you're asking me to endure this exquisite patience for another 10,11 weeks? That's a tough one.
ON the other hand it gives me plenty of time to organize my "She Had it Comin and Boy Did it Come" party. Food, drinks, music and Filo paper masks for everyone.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 21, 2019 3:35 AM
Sep 2016
seems like most of the peoples are actually watch anime for action. they don't care about story buildup episodes and think of those as fillers.
Mar 21, 2019 3:38 AM
Nov 2018
This was a pretty good episode,I liked the zombie rage shield new skills it was badass.
Mar 21, 2019 3:38 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Supersky said:
Playcool said:
Glass is here, and she is taller than I expected lol.
LN always gave me the impression she was smaller...

Loved the Soul Eater design, it was sick, but no match for OP Glass at this point.
Next episode will be very dire indeed.
(Filo was using a really teasing voice there to pick on Spear's, never seen her at that kind of player, the dude was stuck between a rock and a hard place!

Dude, that will happen much sooner than than, UNLESS they want to end S1 after Cal Mira arc, if so, then they have to slow the pace, otherwise they will fall in vol6 territory and you cant really do it, without vol 7.
Next episode should finish of vol3, so 13-17/18 for vol4, and 19-25 for vol5? That would be too much of a strech, but better than forcing vol 6 & 7 here...

Notice that she killed the Soul Eater like it was trash, like it wasnt on her side... it wasnt said she is the final boss, dont assume so, if you do, I will say, watch the next episode and see why you are mistaken.

sorry, I didn't know which episode to put it in. I'm usually bad with guessing stuff like that. I think they're gonna end the series adapting 6 volumes, and if we get a second season will up the budget and time making it as well

Bro they cant end it on 6th! It is a really bad spot to end, are you forgetting how it ends?
but something feels really wrong, it feels so ominous, you CANT end it there, baiting for a S2, you would only be making your fans mad!
It either ends on 5th, or goes for 6-7, which would be a bit too much, too rushed, but still better than ending on 6th.
Mar 21, 2019 3:39 AM
Nov 2018
Fahim654 said:
seems like most of the peoples are actually watch anime for action. they don't care about story buildup episodes and think of those as fillers.
Exactly and the rating is getting lower for that reason.
Mar 21, 2019 3:42 AM
Nov 2018
T
dragonz06 said:
Ahh,, Very Cool about Naofumi using Skill Iron Maiden, Keep Waiting for Naofumi vs Glass
that one was badass for sure and it made the whole episode real epic
Mar 21, 2019 4:02 AM

Jun 2013
Great episode as usual. Didn't know my chicken girl came in rage/cursed flavor. Spear Hero still perving on her. He needs another sausage kick courtesy of Filo-chan.

Kung-fu granny has joined Naofumi's harem.

Sexy new enemy about to get wrecked.
臭い-
Mar 21, 2019 4:11 AM

Dec 2018
Why wouldn't they be immature and incompetent?

We are not talking about young children, they are supposed to be adults, it is not as if they had grown up with these same people being their heroes by default, although we do not know if they were raised in rich families, but the point is: if people see how these guys constantly do their work badly, they act in a childish way, they cause more problems than solutions and in this last battle they did nothing, is that all the people of the kingdom they are idiots for considering them their heroes, if in the next episode still do not realize that the other 3 are a morons is that this has no redemption of any kind
Mar 21, 2019 4:47 AM
Jan 2016
Fahim654 said:

Dude people need payoff to said buildups, for the past 10 weeks this story is nothing but medicore buildups
Mar 21, 2019 4:49 AM
Jan 2018
3zombie said:
This was a pretty good episode,I liked the zombie rage shield new skills it was badass.
yes they tried to improve what they couldn't input before in episode 8 before where the zombie dragon spoke to naofumi
Mar 21, 2019 4:55 AM
Jan 2018
Fahim654 said:
I guess they have to watch PV One Punch Man Season 2 where the CGI Genos kun looks sad and bad, even though the action of the Tate no Yuusha looks normal, not the best it doesn't look bad like overlord season 3 or OPM season 2 power point slides
Mar 21, 2019 4:59 AM
Oct 2017
This is how you handle powers increasing in a show like this. I think there's a misconception going around that Naofumi is suddenly stronger than the other heroes. This isn't the case, how I see it. The thing is, the other three heroes are letting their arrogance and video game mindset get in their way, such as them all using the same elemental attacks or literally standing around talking whilst the fight goes on. Can't help but feel like that's a jab at a lot of shonen where that happens, shows like Jojo or DBZ.

Iron Maiden is cool, feels like an upgrade of the Shield Prison ability so it fits into Naofumi's skill tree. As usual his strength is in his co-ordination and his party relations. Funny considering the other three heroes don't even seem to speak with their parties aside from Malty. Get the feeling that might come up later.

And who is this? A human villain? Something born of the wave? I think she's probably something involved with the waves but not spawned by them considering the teaser for her in a previous episode, but it's all a nice overhanging mystery. And with Naofumi down, my guess is we'll see her K.O the other three heroes before Raphtalia and Filo help Naofumi back onto his feet to defeat her. Could be better honestly, but we'll see what happens.

Show continues to keep me happy but I feel like next episode is gonna be a big breaker. Looking forward to it!
Mar 21, 2019 5:42 AM

Jul 2014
I'm honestly kind of impressed at how hopelessly incompotent the other heroes are at this point, and it frankly seems amazing they've survived so long. As Glass said, Naofumi is the only one there who really fits the bill of "Hero" so far, but it's difficult to imagine that he can defeat Glass on his own, given that she took out the second Soul Eater with ease (at least compared to how Naofumi and co dealt with the first).
Mar 21, 2019 5:43 AM
Feb 2016
Playcool said:
Supersky said:

sorry, I didn't know which episode to put it in. I'm usually bad with guessing stuff like that. I think they're gonna end the series adapting 6 volumes, and if we get a second season will up the budget and time making it as well

Bro they cant end it on 6th! It is a really bad spot to end, are you forgetting how it ends?
but something feels really wrong, it feels so ominous, you CANT end it there, baiting for a S2, you would only be making your fans mad!
It either ends on 5th, or goes for 6-7, which would be a bit too much, too rushed, but still better than ending on 6th.

fuck yeah that makes more sense. End it with the 5th volume and we'd be good
Mar 21, 2019 6:09 AM

Jun 2017
Oh boy, the Power up of Shield Hero looks really good! And the Legendary Yamada Tae, erhm, I mean, Glass showed up too! Looking forward to the next episode!
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Mar 21, 2019 6:32 AM

Nov 2016
Who's Glass VA? Her voice is really wet
Mar 21, 2019 6:57 AM
Nov 2010
That Iron Maiden skill looked like it could be a summon in any Final Fantasy game. Not the fact that it was CGI, but the overall look and direction of the scene, from the near/far camera angles to the excessive movements of the iron maiden, to the random sounds (like the bell tolling).

Done well IMO.
Mar 21, 2019 7:05 AM

Feb 2014
I was a bit surprised that the same granny that Naofumi helped out to cure her illness a while used to be a high-level adventurer. She was really kicking any monster's backsides that stood in her way. What a beast she is! XD

The fight against the monster on the flying pirate ship shows how much better prepared Naofumi is compared to the other three heroes, despite the big level disadvantage that Naofumi has.

His dragon shield transformation was pretty cool, but once he got control over himself, his Iron Maiden move that killed off the monster was pretty badass. Excellent use of the OST, too. =)

However, when another strong monster appeared, Glass made her introduction by killing off the monster in one attack and proclaims Naofumi as the only hero worthy of the hero tag. She's going to be pretty tough for all the other heroes to battle against, so the next episode has me pretty hyped up. Good job. =)
Mar 21, 2019 7:09 AM

Dec 2016
It would be better if Malty wasn't all talk >_> She looked more incompetent than the rest of the Heroes: Spear, Sword and Arrow.
As always, the Shield Hero did a good job figuring it out how to defeat strong monsters. The Soul Monster looked very terrifying! So the enemy's name is Glass... can't wait to find more about her character.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Mar 21, 2019 7:28 AM

Nov 2013
revyHOLiC said:

The Wiki says, that it is Megumi Han. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megumi_Han
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Mar 21, 2019 7:29 AM

Dec 2013
PurpleGirl203 said:
The Soul Monster looked very terrifying!

Did he what? Terrifying? Dude, you're blatantly trolling right now (lmao).
Mar 21, 2019 7:40 AM
Dec 2018
TheBigGuy said:
revyHOLiC said:

The Wiki says, that it is Megumi Han. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megumi_Han
miki from devilman?
Mar 21, 2019 7:47 AM

Dec 2016
Kamiyan3991 said:
PurpleGirl203 said:
The Soul Monster looked very terrifying!

Did he what? Terrifying? Dude, you're blatantly trolling right now (lmao).

It did not meant to troll. It wasn't my intention ^^;

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Mar 21, 2019 7:54 AM
Jan 2017
finally the first party of four hero is begin..
from here we know whro the strongest hero,,
and all of them know what the power of shield hero, so much unique skill that naofumi has,,
Mar 21, 2019 8:19 AM

Feb 2019
I won't argue with Glass; Naofumi's the only one that showed lotsa potential & clearly his head was in the game while the others tried to one-up the other & barely making any progress.
Mar 21, 2019 8:37 AM
Aug 2014
Naofumi pulling out that uber dramatic finishing move with the epic Kevin Penkin ost.

Was kinda fun.
Mar 21, 2019 8:46 AM

Nov 2011
Reuterli said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

You say that you paid attention, yet didn't mention anything about the village/granny/soldiers, who had been fighting for 3 hours by the time that Naofumi and co went to see what the others were doing. I don't care how much you've trained, fighting for 3hours straight with few breaks in between, will wear you out, and that's what Naofumi is worried about happening. At their current pace, it would have taken as long to kill it.

thevagus said:
This anime has a serious flaw. Other heroes should have atleast a little power but they are shown totally powerless compared to naofumi lmao.

I wonder how this glass girl turns out to be.
Viz said:
Solid episode. But why does other heroes are so useless, even the wave boss is not impressed. I doubt Naofumi can carry them against Glass.. so next episode gonna be interesting.
Shotttooo00_0000 said:
Ok this is not what was promised in the first few episodes, so many of the things i feared happened in this episode.

In the beginning the king, Malty, the three other heroes(or in todays episode's case, numbskulls) and literally everyone else in this world hated Naofumi and destroyed our boi. A long time passes by which consisted of Naofumi cleaning the other 'heroes' stupid mistakes and finally today they meet and fight together for the first time. They are all higher leveled than our boi...... AND HOW ARE THEY STILL FUCKING IDIOTS DOING LITERALLY NOTHING. How are they supposed to be the competition in the story for our protaganist-kun at all, Naofumi did everything today. Like I said this is not the story that was promised in the beginning.

How better would it have been if the other numbskulls were actually heroes and actively gave Naofumi a long gap to fill to be the hero everyone respects. I don't want Naofumi to be the best hero this world has ever seen, I want to see the shield hero be someone equal to all the other heroes, because if the shield hero becomes the best hero this world has ever seen the next time heroes are summoned everyone is going to hate the other three instead(They haven't told us why all the previous shield heroes were hated, so I presume it's personal preference)

Also they literally spelled out the stupidity of the other three fuck boys by making them do the same exact attack to that dimensional spirit thingy(which did nothing), all three of them used lightning(lightning is lightning, no matter the method of attack lightning is lightning). Ok at least Motoyasu could have done something else because he attacked last of the three, but no our boi Naofumi is the only one with a functioning brain to try something else like wind(which pissed the spirit off). Our chicken loli is more useful than literally the rest of the cast.

Also what does that iron maiden thing Naofumi used to kill the dimensional thingy have to do anything with a shield, Is the shield hero handicapped or not, Why does he even need Raphtalia at this point if he did it himself.(I know they are family but today she was his cheerleader, especially Malty being there)

wheeeww.... finally got all that out, now i understand their are people who genuinly enjoy this show(I am jealous of them that I can't enjoy this like them) and I respect their opinion, this is just my opinion, at least at the moment, so I would really like to know how everyone else found this episode entertaining.

By the way the art, animation and soundtrack are still amazing, kinema citrus is not disappointing us in that regard.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't see them changing the pacing of the show. It's been 4 episodes per book and there's no reason for that to change in the near future.
Mar 21, 2019 8:56 AM

May 2018
- About those 3 sto... heroes being useless.
Yes, not bad writing per se, but that fact being repeated to us several times on every episode is kind of annoying.
This combined with the fact that other key information is being brushed with only short (out of context) on screen appearances is not how good writing is supposed to be...
Too much focus on the obvious things and not enough focus on the hints for future developments.
- About how wrong is to have gamer mindset.
But this world works like a game! Every knowledge of this kind would be an advantage.
Even the most mediocre players know that different monsters have different weakness. Usually there are special spells or items to reveal those weakness or maybe hints in their origin story. In absence of such information you will hit them with everything till something works.
But our guys don't do that...Shield Hero the least experienced in games is doing it.
Who has the game mindset here?
Why those ex gamers act like never touched RPG?
"This wasn't in the game" also sounds absurdly because nowadays games permanently get patches and tweaks - even not very experienced players wouldn't be surprised from an extra monster on familiar level or if it's way harder to beat. Also the hero saying this should've traveled enough already to know more differences from the game.
If the central idea is "This is not a game!" than show how Shield Hero wins with non-gamer means!
- Random villain is random
What is the deal with Glass?
If she is the raid boss why is she obstructing her minions?
If she is not connected to the waves and just hates the heroes why didn't she waited a bit longer and attack them when they are even more exhausted?
No rationality in her actions...I guess she is from the same mold as Matly, the King and other local baddies.
alshuMar 21, 2019 9:11 AM
Mar 21, 2019 9:06 AM

Nov 2013
Aniteku said:
TheBigGuy said:

miki from devilman?

Yes, it seems like it.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2019

236 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 17, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2019

379 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 17, 4:30 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2019

418 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 16, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2019

440 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 16, 10:04 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2019

309 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 16, 9:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.