Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 20, 2019 6:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, this episode was tough to watch.

Even with the help of the other heroes, it looks like they had a lot of trouble trying to get through this Wave. Not to mention, Naofumi is showing signs of his berserk rage again similar to one of the previous episodes. However, it seems he is getting much better use of his shield abilities.

Plenty of action this episode.
Stark700Mar 20, 2019 7:40 AM
Mar 20, 2019 7:17 AM
Dec 2018
Awesome episode very much love it from start to finnish. Really happy the wave will be 2 episodes. Now got endure other week for the next one
Mar 20, 2019 7:59 AM
a car

Jun 2017
Well, it was what I'd expected it to be. Next episode better not disappoint, because that one's the big clincher!

(Why do I get this feeling that the kung-fu grandma is going to be the butt of criticism in this week's discussion? Edit: I guess she's not...)
Natsuki_HyundaiMar 20, 2019 11:27 AM
Mar 20, 2019 8:00 AM

Apr 2016
damn I'm wondering if Glass is another hero or a like wave boss. either way she's interesting and this episode had Naofumi one-upping the other heroes again hooray
Mar 20, 2019 8:02 AM
Feb 2012
"As source of thy power, I order thee. Decipher the laws of nature and illuminate my surroundings."

Sounds like Goblin Slayer to me.
Mar 20, 2019 8:22 AM
Mar 2019
Very cool episode , love how they introduced kung-fu grandma now , rather than later .

Combat was awesome , can't wait to see the next one!
Mar 20, 2019 8:23 AM

Jan 2018
HajimeNozomiUwU said:
damn I'm wondering if Glass is another hero or a like wave boss. either way she's interesting and this episode had Naofumi one-upping the other heroes again hooray

But I don't think that the anime will adapt till that vol.
Mar 20, 2019 8:31 AM

Dec 2018
FINALLY! A nice episode :D, I have been waiting since episode 3 to see a good one again...
But this makes me mad even more because it proves that this show has
potential, but wasted a lot of time in fillers (eg. Motoyatsu race )
Let's hope it grows again :), because it has all the potential to do it
Mar 20, 2019 8:33 AM

Mar 2014
A literal iron maiden? pretty hardcore for a user that "only" uses shields xD

Finally a "human" villain from the waves.
Mar 20, 2019 8:35 AM

Dec 2011
I'm SOOOO happy this was a two parter. I was worried they would rush this part of the series.
Mar 20, 2019 8:37 AM

Dec 2018
Interim said:
"As source of thy power, I order thee. Decipher the laws of nature and illuminate my surroundings."

I thought the same thing ahahah
Mar 20, 2019 8:38 AM
Jan 2016
Whelp that was 22 minutes of nothing
Mar 20, 2019 8:40 AM

Jul 2014
Good episode, glad they didnt rush the wave fight.
NEP's gonna be more fun!
Loved how much emphasis they put on the iron maiden skill there, really felt ominous.
Anime Glass looks so beautiful.

Feb 2018
Pretty good episode for a while now, shield bruh is OP damn he took that monster without much help from outside, other heroes were pretty much useless and Glass girl took out that thing in a flash finally some worthy opponent

Next episode better deliver some shield greatness

Dec 2011
vecha1 said:
Very cool episode , love how they introduced kung-fu grandma now , rather than later .

Combat was awesome , can't wait to see the next one!

Correct me if I'm wrong... but I'm pretty sure that's how she got reintroduced in the web novel. I can't remember if it was the same in the light novel, but I don't remember it being different.

Interim said:

More like Goblin Slayer sounds like this, amarite?
Mar 20, 2019 8:42 AM

Sep 2011
And here I am, waiting for that bitch being on a situation where her life is on the line then beg for Naofumi's help so she can finally shut the fuck up.

Mar 20, 2019 8:51 AM

Dec 2014
It was good episode but I don't know, Assuming this was based of the LN, I kinda liked the web novel's version of the events way better.

A lot of things that happened in this episode actually happened in the forthcoming fight with Glass so I'm curious as to what the fight against Glass is gonna be like.
Animation was great and the overall direction of the fight sequences was great as well.

Looking forward to next week.
Mar 20, 2019 8:55 AM
Feb 2016
Thank god we needed a great episode after 7 & 8 started dragging things a bit. The recent 3 episodes have been good so far and this one was really awesome too. I'm happy they didn't rush the episode and have it slip into two episodes instead

And Glass, oh boy!! Naofumi you're gonna be in big trouble next episode
Mar 20, 2019 8:56 AM
Mar 2019
Draconalis said:

Correct me if I'm wrong... but I'm pretty sure that's how she got reintroduced in the web novel. I can't remember if it was the same in the light novel, but I don't remember it being different.

I haven't read the web/light novels , only manga , and if I recall correctly , they introduce her far later down the line (I might be wrong though , so take this with a pinch of salt).
Mar 20, 2019 8:59 AM

Jan 2018
I am really interested to know who is Glass can't wait for the next episode

Other hero's were basically useless in this episodes fight
Mar 20, 2019 9:04 AM

Jun 2014
Love the adaption of the fight!
Mar 20, 2019 9:04 AM

Feb 2016
Good episode, plenty of action this week. Seems like Shield Hero were on the spotlight this wave, since Glass acknowledged him as the only hero lol.

What a cliffhanger tho. Can't wait for next week

4/5
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 20, 2019 9:08 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Tennouji said:
And here I am, waiting for that bitch being on a situation where her life is on the line then beg for Naofumi's help so she can finally shut the fuck up.

That's literally my reason for watching this, but for some reason I cannot fathom, we keep on being denied this pleasure. If the creators behind this solve that situation with the cliché "Shounen power of friendship and understanding of each other" I will be majorly miffed. Malty needs to down, and go down hard.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 20, 2019 9:10 AM
Feb 2016
justasadguy said:
FINALLY! A nice episode :D, I have been waiting since episode 3 to see a good one again...
But this makes me mad even more because it proves that this show has
potential, but wasted a lot of time in fillers (eg. Motoyatsu race )
Let's hope it grows again :), because it has all the potential to do it

I'm with you there. But the race did actually happen in the LN Vol2, and I feel they adapted that one a bit mediocrely compared to Vol 1 and so far vol 3 is being adapted pretty well. Let's just hope it goes uphill from here, since I also agree with you knowing how much potential this show has
Mar 20, 2019 9:11 AM
Feb 2016
Farabeuf said:
Tennouji said:

That's literally my reason for watching this, but for some reason I cannot fathom, we keep on being denied this pleasure. If the creators behind this solve that situation with the cliché "Shounen power of friendship and understanding of each other" I will be majorly miffed. Malty needs to down, and go down hard.

I will give a spoiler to answer your question and say it isn't with "the power of friendship" type of bs, but it's actually very satisfying to see. We'll probably get that around the end of the season @ episode 20-22, given how they're adapting the chapters.
Mar 20, 2019 9:20 AM

Sep 2015
"Why should we have to help the Shield Hero?"
"How dare you Demi-Human!"
"I could've one-shot that thing if I really tried."

The 4 human beings who stated these words need to be either gravely humbled by Naofumi or at the very least beaten by him so I can finally get my revenge boner I've been stoking since episode 1.
Mar 20, 2019 9:25 AM
Jan 2014
Finally, 2nd best girl makes herself known. Sucks that need till season 2 for the people who haven't read ahead to know why.
Mar 20, 2019 9:32 AM

Aug 2018
That granny is really strong huh, seems like a really strong martial artist during her youth.
I'm really looking forward to the episode I hope it will be epic.
Mar 20, 2019 9:34 AM

Mar 2017
Finally Motoyasu, Itsuki and Ren showed a bit of teamwork! It was actually cool seeing all the heroes fighting together, so i hope in the future they can get along. The action scenes in this anime are so brilliant and that is definitely helped along with the fucking awesome soundtrack!
Mar 20, 2019 9:34 AM

Jul 2016
tbh i dont really like how they dont really animate what happens in the manga, its a bit different but damn i didnt get the same vibe in this episode with the manga
Mar 20, 2019 9:43 AM

Dec 2018
Ok this is not what was promised in the first few episodes, so many of the things i feared happened in this episode.

In the beginning the king, Malty, the three other heroes(or in todays episode's case, numbskulls) and literally everyone else in this world hated Naofumi and destroyed our boi. A long time passes by which consisted of Naofumi cleaning the other 'heroes' stupid mistakes and finally today they meet and fight together for the first time. They are all higher leveled than our boi...... AND HOW ARE THEY STILL FUCKING IDIOTS DOING LITERALLY NOTHING. How are they supposed to be the competition in the story for our protaganist-kun at all, Naofumi did everything today. Like I said this is not the story that was promised in the beginning.

How better would it have been if the other numbskulls were actually heroes and actively gave Naofumi a long gap to fill to be the hero everyone respects. I don't want Naofumi to be the best hero this world has ever seen, I want to see the shield hero be someone equal to all the other heroes, because if the shield hero becomes the best hero this world has ever seen the next time heroes are summoned everyone is going to hate the other three instead(They haven't told us why all the previous shield heroes were hated, so I presume it's personal preference)

Also they literally spelled out the stupidity of the other three fuck boys by making them do the same exact attack to that dimensional spirit thingy(which did nothing), all three of them used lightning(lightning is lightning, no matter the method of attack lightning is lightning). Ok at least Motoyasu could have done something else because he attacked last of the three, but no our boi Naofumi is the only one with a functioning brain to try something else like wind(which pissed the spirit off). Our chicken loli is more useful than literally the rest of the cast.

Also what does that iron maiden thing Naofumi used to kill the dimensional thingy have to do anything with a shield, Is the shield hero handicapped or not, Why does he even need Raphtalia at this point if he did it himself.(I know they are family but today she was his cheerleader, especially Malty being there)

wheeeww.... finally got all that out, now i understand their are people who genuinly enjoy this show(I am jealous of them that I can't enjoy this like them) and I respect their opinion, this is just my opinion, at least at the moment, so I would really like to know how everyone else found this episode entertaining.

By the way the art, animation and soundtrack are still amazing, kinema citrus is not disappointing us in that regard.
Mar 20, 2019 9:48 AM

Dec 2018
This episode was okay. It could've been better, but I still enjoyed it. It's slightly frustrating how the three heroes and their party just stood on the ship and did nothing. No wonder Glass was disappointed. Anyway, the score is brilliant! I'm definitely getting the soundtrack when it's released next week.
Mar 20, 2019 9:54 AM

Oct 2018

Say whatever you want, but this episode was really awesome!
I'm not disappointed with this wave at all so far

Can't wait to see the next episode, the fight with Glass :D

Mar 20, 2019 10:09 AM
Apr 2014
Solid episode. But why does other heroes are so useless, even the wave boss is not impressed. I doubt Naofumi can carry them against Glass.. so next episode gonna be interesting.
Mar 20, 2019 10:09 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Fine episode but honestly it could have been much better.

Naofumi’s steadily, or rather suddenly if you will, getting the hang of the rage shield it seems but I felt like it was a bit underwhelming overall. Dragon’s rage took over this time but seems like Naofumi managed to unlock an even more upper class skill, the Iron Maiden! Jeez, that’s some cool powerup though! Raphtalia again appearing in his slumber was a nice addition but Naofumi suddenly getting to overwhelmingly control the Dragon right then was a little too easygoing imo. Also, got to say these heroes are a joke. All it took for Naofumi was just a couple of seconds to figure out the soul eaters whereabouts and come up with tactics. Really disappointing, part of levelling up is also getting used to and implementing tactics but they don’t seem to have the slightest bit of creativity and grit for that.

Very nice to see Naofumi giving Filo and Raphtalia those accessories though at the start of the episode, he’s really opening up to the two of them now. Cool fighting scenes, by the way, and some excellent soundtracks this episode! Some of the shots felt a little stiff of sorts but it wasn’t much at all, just about notice a few shots is all. Lol @ the old grandma whooping those monsters though, she must’ve been one heck of an adventurer.

Looks like Glass will be a tough nut to crack for Naofumi and co, looking forward to seeing how they get through her next episode!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 20, 2019 10:17 AM

Sep 2018
That was a good episode. It did get a tiny bit slow at certain parts, but that's far better than jamming everything into 1 episode. Can't wait to see Naofumi vs. Glass.
Mar 20, 2019 10:19 AM

Dec 2017
This anime has a serious flaw. Other heroes should have atleast a little power but they are shown totally powerless compared to naofumi lmao.

I wonder how this glass girl turns out to be.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Mar 20, 2019 10:20 AM
Apr 2016
The wave finally begun. Everyone except Shield Hero couldn't do a thing, haha. Relatively good episode.
Mar 20, 2019 10:29 AM
Jan 2016
So... 2nd wave finally came and nothing happened.

sorry about my english
Mar 20, 2019 10:31 AM

Aug 2017
What a weird power.

NurguburuMar 29, 2019 9:11 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 20, 2019 10:32 AM

Apr 2016
Damm Glass seems promising , hope she wont disappoint us
BRAWLERS
Mar 20, 2019 10:35 AM

Jul 2015
Mar 20, 2019 10:37 AM

Mar 2016
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

Even with the help of the other heroes, it looks like they had a lot of trouble trying to get through this Wave. Not to mention, Naofumi is showing signs of his berserk rage again similar to one of the previous episodes. However, it seems he is getting much better use of his shield abilities.

"This episode was tough to watch."

What was tough to watch for me were the other three heroes being childish as hell doing their own shit and arguing when they were stepping on each other's toes. As someone who's been quite familiar with this, on a real life and former gaming experience, those parts were so unpleasant for me personally because of how relatable they were.
Mar 20, 2019 10:38 AM
Nov 2016
Finally a good fucking episode...... Thank god they didn't cram the entire 2nd wave into 1 episode

Next episode HYPEEEEEE
Mar 20, 2019 10:42 AM
Dec 2018
Ryuseishun said:
Stark700 said:

"This episode was tough to watch."

What was tough to watch for me were the other three heroes being childish as hell doing their own shit and arguing when they were stepping on each other's toes. As someone who's been quite familiar with this, on a real life and former gaming experience, those parts were so unpleasant for me personally because of how relatable they were.
i agree. Im a ffxiv player and sometimes during a new raid some of the party get into fights to see who is right about the mechanics.
Mar 20, 2019 10:43 AM

Nov 2016
Yeah, pretty good episode again. The hype was there, now let's see what Glass is capable of. Her entrance got me intrigued to say the least.

But damn, fighting Granny caught me off guard xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 20, 2019 10:50 AM

Jul 2017
The heroes continue to look like incompetent morons.

Edgelord hero’s powerup is related to hate, how suitable for him.
Mar 20, 2019 10:51 AM

Dec 2010
The Iron Maiden thing was pretty cool
Mar 20, 2019 10:56 AM

May 2016
I don't care about any of this shit. When the fuck are we gonna see the punishment of that cunt? Is it coming up soon?
Mar 20, 2019 10:56 AM
Sep 2012
Fighting Granny best character

she would have beaten the boss in one shot

edit: actually she should be the one fighting Glass next ep
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2019

236 by SanessyAdversary »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2019

292 by SanessyAdversary »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

270 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2019

355 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 22, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2019

190 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 22, 6:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.