Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Mar 21, 2019 7:00 PM

Feb 2019
Mastergold said:
At last the anime community has finally shown their true colors, by demonstrating how many of you never really care about OPM "great" story, groundbreaking characters, funny comedy, and overall being a fantastic "deconstruction" of the superhero genre. In reality it was all about the over-the-top sakuga.

That's right, they have portrayed as poser, the true fans are happy with the ugly drawings of ONE because they like the story, there are animes that never had a great animation and likewise they highlighted, these people only see fluid animated and pretty colors, in the end it is good that this has happened to show the reality, the best thing is that the popularity of the show will plummet.
Jfs_Jfsjfsjfs said:
Classy_Cassy said:

What are you smoking. J.C Staff doesn’t have great animation. Give me examples
Prison school and Danmachi has a good animation, but Still not great btw.

What the hell are you talking about? those shows never showed sakuga because there was no way to show such amount of movement because one was not an action show and the other had this as a close-up

Mar 21, 2019 7:11 PM

Jun 2015
I really hope that the Japanese audience is just as upset with this as people here are.
Mar 21, 2019 7:19 PM

Apr 2018
RayReynolds said:
Mastergold said:
At last the anime community has finally shown their true colors, by demonstrating how many of you never really care about OPM "great" story, groundbreaking characters, funny comedy, and overall being a fantastic "deconstruction" of the superhero genre. In reality it was all about the over-the-top sakuga.

That's right, they have portrayed as poser, the true fans are happy with the ugly drawings of ONE because they like the story, there are animes that never had a great animation and likewise they highlighted, these people only see fluid animated and pretty colors, in the end it is good that this has happened to show the reality, the best thing is that the popularity of the show will plummet.
Jfs_Jfsjfsjfs said:
Prison school and Danmachi has a good animation, but Still not great btw.

What the hell are you talking about? those shows never showed sakuga because there was no way to show such amount of movement because one was not an action show and the other had this as a close-up

I said those anime has a good animation, I never said that they're great, but still good.

"there was no way to show such amount of movement because one was not an action show".
there is still a lot of non-action show that has a great animation and also has a LOT of movement, Haikyu for examples

And I dont get why you show me that picture, or Screenshot? You want to tell me that danmachi has a bad animation? How? You cant tell animation is bad if you only show 1 frame or Screenshot of inbetween scene. Animation is motion, So you better show me some video instead
Mar 21, 2019 7:51 PM

Mar 2018
RayReynolds said:
I do not understand people, is not OPM supposed is a deconstruction of the shonen standing out for the plot and the story? because many get angry because the fights will no longer have good animation being that the action should be the last thing that should matter, remember this started with a webcomic with a awful drawing, but still could stand out and get to anime
it's not a deconstrution, it's a battle shounen/seinen that parodies some of the tropes that come with that genre. it's just an action comedy no need to call it a "deconstruction". action plays a huge part in the story, of course people are going to be angry if it looks bad especially when season 1 looked amazing. btw the anime adapts the manga which has stunning artwork there's no point in bringing up the webcomic lmao

but you obviously hate this show and its fans for reasons unknown so whatever. good idea shitting on people because they dont like a garbage adaptation
poop
Mar 21, 2019 8:11 PM
Jul 2018
Esquirtit said:
RayReynolds said:
I do not understand people, is not OPM supposed is a deconstruction of the shonen standing out for the plot and the story? because many get angry because the fights will no longer have good animation being that the action should be the last thing that should matter, remember this started with a webcomic with a awful drawing, but still could stand out and get to anime
it's not a deconstrution, it's a battle shounen/seinen that parodies some of the tropes that come with that genre. it's just an action comedy no need to call it a "deconstruction". action plays a huge part in the story, of course people are going to be angry if it looks bad especially when season 1 looked amazing. btw the anime adapts the manga which has stunning artwork there's no point in bringing up the webcomic lmao

but you obviously hate this show and its fans for reasons unknown so whatever. good idea shitting on people because they dont like a garbage adaptation

It's hailed as a deconstruction of the superhero fighting genre. That's what made it stand out from the others and made it so popular.

People can like what they like and I respect their opinions but it's just really disingenous and unprincipled for OPM fans to pretend that it was never praised as a deconstruction all along to justify why they're only caring about the sakuga now.

If people who only care about the sakuga not being as great as before admitted they only liked the show because of the sakuga, then at least they would be principled but that's never going to happen.

This may never get to you but it's something I feel is worth saying.
Mar 21, 2019 8:34 PM

Jan 2019
doesnt look any different than season 1 to me
before you say im blind ill say that if you say that you are all just imagining things lul
just look at 0:50-0:55 because thats the only scene that really shows the quality of animation, it looks perfectly fine to me

if you say the animation is bad and im blind give me the time stamp of the frames that look bad to you and argue what exactly is bad about it

because it doesnt look any different to me i think people are just losing their mind over nonsense, wait for it to come out and you will see
Mar 21, 2019 9:01 PM

Mar 2018
HungryForQuality said:
Esquirtit said:

It's hailed as a deconstruction of the superhero fighting genre. That's what made it stand out from the others and made it so popular.

People can like what they like and I respect their opinions but it's just really disingenous and unprincipled for OPM fans to pretend that it was never praised as a deconstruction all along to justify why they're only caring about the sakuga now.

If people who only care about the sakuga not being as great as before admitted they only liked the show because of the sakuga, then at least they would be principled but that's never going to happen.

This may never get to you but it's something I feel is worth saying.
well I wasnt in the anime community back when it blew up but I still think thats too much of generalization of OPM fans. I'm not sure it became so popular because it's a "deconstruction", or just because it's a great action comedy show. I saw it as every other battle shounen except that saitama was a parody of every shounen mc or superhero ever

and again what's this thing against OPM fans, havent the fans always cared about the sakuga? isnt that a huge part of the show itself and what they love? I dont understand the whole idea that OPM fans supposedly only care about sakuga now due to there being a lot of hate for this new bad adaptation. every bad second season gets shit on by fans.

I'm not even a fan btw I just remember enjoying it a lot a few years ago
poop
Mar 21, 2019 10:36 PM

Aug 2015
Saying that "animation does not matter to anime" is the same as "the drawing does not matter to manga".

Dudes, it does, it f does. A story can be good (which in this case is simple) but the visuals are always going to be a key to success. Especially if the previous season was praised for the over the top animation and detail that resembles the manga´s essence.

If you think a bad animation does not mess up a good story and characters, go and watch Berserk 2016/2017.
Mar 21, 2019 11:45 PM
Jun 2017
gadboyz said:
JizzyHitler said:
it airs in like 2 weeks, there isnt any time to change things, if anything if they havent turned in the episodes to air by now thats just a sign that production is behind and will reflect even more poorly on the later episodes.

There is rumor that they just finish 2 episode before this month while mob psycho 100 complete all of the episode before airing time. Even Fire Force which will be airing on Summer already have PV with actual animation and is really great

I don't know much about fire force but it got me more hyped then opm definitely gunna be watching FF
Mar 22, 2019 12:24 AM
Jun 2017
Wtf 33 people ranked this a 10/10 😂 Get F outta here lmao
Mar 22, 2019 1:36 AM

Jul 2016
Pakumen- said:
If you think a bad animation does not mess up a good story and characters, go and watch Berserk 2016/2017.

From what I know, even if Berserk 2016/2017 have a better animations, people will still gonna bitching about it due to how inaccurate the story is compared to the manga.

Mastergold said:

Nice bait lol.
MahiaErebeaNegiMar 22, 2019 1:57 AM
Mar 22, 2019 4:00 AM

Feb 2019
RayReynolds said:

is as HungryForQuality said, many fans believe that it has a great non-existent complexity, in youtube and forums you see so many theories as if the power of saitama is a reference to Buddhism, that if saitama is the superman of nietzsche, this is extremely "deep and philosophical" blah blah ... and all that bullshit, it just does not matter to me the anime seems repetitive exactly for its gag humor, but to say such lies, and that many people believe as real just to give it More merit than it deserves is totally unacceptable
Mar 22, 2019 4:01 AM

Mar 2016
Does anyone know how many episodes we'll get in this season? Also how much chapters they'll adapt if it's going to be 1 cour? How about the pacing, does it look promising judging from the pv?

Mar 22, 2019 4:13 AM

Feb 2019
@Jfs_Jfsjfsjfs I did not find gifs or videos of action scenes in the series that are not of the opening (because there is no any that is worth highlighting HA!) only of scenes fanservice and it is obvious that those if they are doing well.
Mar 22, 2019 5:00 AM

Apr 2018
RayReynolds said:
@Jfs_Jfsjfsjfs I did not find gifs or videos of action scenes in the series that are not of the opening (because there is no any that is worth highlighting HA!) only of scenes fanservice and it is obvious that those if they are doing well.
so what? Doesnt change the fact that Danmachi is well animated series. The fight with minotaur and the silver ape is good if not great. There was no shitty CGI and the fight is also well choreographed.

I dont get why people so triggered when I said that danmachi's animation is good lol.
Good =/= Great. Danmachi's animation is good but still nothing close to OPM season 1 or the other greatly animated series like HxH, FMAB, MP100 and AOT.
Mar 22, 2019 5:16 AM
Mar 2018
the studio changed, after all, the animation will not be the same I'm really disappointed by the preview. hope there will show us some decent animation later on. As I can see the story is in progress. This season will be different than the other in many terms
Mar 22, 2019 6:39 AM
Jul 2018
Classy_Cassy said:
ABDoesThings said:
J.C. Staff has great animation, that's undeniable. I mean look at they're other shows. They're amazing. But then what's happening with One Punch Man is the inexperience in action sequences is revealing itself in J.C Staff. It's a huge downgrade. If I were to be honest, you might as well just delay this season and get a redo. Cause, hand drawn animation is the only thing that'll live upto One Punch Man, everything hand drawn. No CGI shit. The only good animation I found in the trailer was that explosion which looked AMAZING. Otherwise nothing much else to praise. Even the character designs are off.

Toradora is well done, the art style of Food Wars is great with consistent animation and compositing. Sakurasou has some of the best animation in Slice of Life Romance anime. However this studio barely has experience with action.
Mar 22, 2019 7:11 AM

Jun 2015
That long lasting blackscreen in the middle of the trailer FOR NO REASON.
I'm starting to believe that J.C. Staff just wants to give us filthy gaiijins a huge middlefinger.
Mar 22, 2019 7:30 AM

Apr 2015

Mind telling me what exactly do I gain from so called "baiting? I don't think I have the time or resources to be wasting time fooling people around.
Mar 22, 2019 9:33 AM

Mar 2018
RayReynolds said:

is as HungryForQuality said, many fans believe that it has a great non-existent complexity, in youtube and forums you see so many theories as if the power of saitama is a reference to Buddhism, that if saitama is the superman of nietzsche, this is extremely "deep and philosophical" blah blah ... and all that bullshit, it just does not matter to me the anime seems repetitive exactly for its gag humor, but to say such lies, and that many people believe as real just to give it More merit than it deserves is totally unacceptable
I mean those are just the hardcore fans, every show has fans that will come up with insane theories that often go so far they barely even reflect what the show was trying to be or do. same people who say HxH is a deconstruction when it's a pure battle shounen

maybe just try to find those people and argue with them, because all the top reviews here on MAL agree that it's nothing more than an action comedy that parodies battle shounen by making the MC so overpowered he could literally defeat anyone in one punch. how much you like the story and characters is all subjective, I thought it did everything right. you're free to use this oppurtunity to claim no one cares about the plot and characters, nothing more than confirmation bias tho. fans of the manga who love the story and characters hate this adaptation too, doesnt that make your theory invalid lol
poop
Mar 22, 2019 10:34 AM

May 2015
Mastergold said:

And there's literally nothing wrong with that.

Mar 22, 2019 10:54 AM

Jan 2018
Ah well that sucks. Honestly it still looks better than the average anime, but nothing compared to season 1, or mob psycho 100. I'll still watch it.
Mar 22, 2019 10:56 AM

Apr 2015

Did I ever stated that liking over-the-top sakuga was a bad thing? No? okay then. If anything I was just trying to confirm the community "sincere" reasoning for like OPM and nothing more.
Mar 22, 2019 11:05 AM

May 2015
Mastergold said:

Did I ever stated that liking over-the-top sakuga was a bad thing? No? okay then. If anything I was just trying to confirm the community "sincere" reasoning for like OPM and nothing more.

Did you have to be condescending?

Mar 22, 2019 11:22 AM

Apr 2015

Do not change the subject in here, more so showing extreme disapproval of my respond by simply labelling me as a condescending individual when is not really the case. I'm far too tired to deal with vacuous comments and in this cased yours felt like one.
Mar 22, 2019 11:26 AM

May 2015
Mastergold said:

Do not change the subject in here, more so showing extreme disapproval of my respond by simply labelling me as a condescending individual when is not really the case. I'm far too tired to deal with vacuous comments and in this cased yours felt like one.

You WERE being condescending. That's a fact, not just my opinion.

Mar 22, 2019 11:33 AM

Apr 2015

This pointless discussion is not going to get anywhere so I'm going to stop here. Next time maybe try to address a respond instead of changing the subject, labelling something, and shaking your hands off. Knowing how some mal users tend to give zero damns about things, I'm probably asking too much in here.
Mar 22, 2019 11:44 AM

May 2015
Mastergold said:

This pointless discussion is not going to get anywhere so I'm going to stop here. Next time maybe try to address a respond instead of changing the subject, labelling something, and shaking your hands off. Knowing how some mal users tend to give zero damns about things, I'm probably asking too much in here.

What exactly is there to address? You didn't have an argument or a point.

Mar 22, 2019 11:45 AM
Jan 2014
I wish there was no Season 2 at all. I have never read new OPM manga or the old one for that matter so that I wouldn't spoil the fun. I guess it was all for nought. RIP, OPM anime. The hype was real, but THIS is not what I was waiting for. It didn't even had to be at the level of Season 1. Danmachi wasn't bad after all, but this is just middle finger to all OPM anime fans.
Mar 22, 2019 12:21 PM

Oct 2018
ABDoesThings said:
Classy_Cassy said:

Toradora is well done, the art style of Food Wars is great with consistent animation and compositing. Sakurasou has some of the best animation in Slice of Life Romance anime. However this studio barely has experience with action.

Toradora had average animation and Food Wars had so many still shots with minimal animation
Mar 22, 2019 3:30 PM

Dec 2016
Lmao so it looks like OPM has been Dragon Ball Super'd XD

Mastergold said:

Totally this.
Mar 22, 2019 7:15 PM
Jul 2018
Classy_Cassy said:
ABDoesThings said:

Toradora had average animation and Food Wars had so many still shots with minimal animation
The point is I dont think One Punch Man is JC Staff's cup of tea. But Im hoping for the best.
Mar 23, 2019 1:33 AM

Dec 2016
Classy_Cassy said:
I’d rather have ONE’s ugly drawings animated well then good drawings animated poorly and sparsely.

This. If the animation were ironically bad there would be nothing to complain about.
Mar 23, 2019 3:09 AM

Jul 2013
Classy_Cassy said:
ABDoesThings said:
J.C. Staff has great animation, that's undeniable. I mean look at they're other shows. They're amazing. But then what's happening with One Punch Man is the inexperience in action sequences is revealing itself in J.C Staff. It's a huge downgrade. If I were to be honest, you might as well just delay this season and get a redo. Cause, hand drawn animation is the only thing that'll live upto One Punch Man, everything hand drawn. No CGI shit. The only good animation I found in the trailer was that explosion which looked AMAZING. Otherwise nothing much else to praise. Even the character designs are off.

Just look at Sakugabooru. Not all of these are of the same quality. Also keep in mind I think this OPM trailer looks terrible. Not defending it at all.

https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/53398
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/55743
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/6549
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/53401
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/49789
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/14526
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/6429
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/36423
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/6494
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/5678
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/7362
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/55569

Mar 23, 2019 12:21 PM

Feb 2017
Jeez this is really bad.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Mar 23, 2019 3:55 PM

Jan 2014
looks bad, very bad
Mar 24, 2019 3:07 AM
Mar 2019
I still have hope that this will turn out to be good, the point is that not every episode is animated by same team in many anime (for eg: space dandy, even opm s2) same might be the case for this season as well i suppose (I hope it to be true), the pv has very few scenes and almost no fight scenes may be the important ones are given to freelancers or some guest staff like possibly someone like nakamura and only support is provided by jc and may be starting episodes (1-2). Also they seem to be still fixing things like the changed Saitama's shirt from red to green and were probably forced to release something by producer as pv so may be by the time it airs it would be better....we need to understand that this could be the game changer for jc if they drew opm s2 up then they will be tagged as an incompetent sucky studio and if they pullout some miracle then they will get more attention from the audience.
Mar 24, 2019 5:52 AM

Aug 2016
we are still all going to be watching it anyway
heuheuheu
Mar 24, 2019 8:04 AM
Jun 2014
I know the art style will be the same and won’t be much of an issue, but the fight scenes still concerns me from the trailer. The parts with black screen should have shown great fight scenes... OPM is a great action manga that Mad House did justice, pls J.C Staff don’t do ONE dirty
Mar 24, 2019 8:15 AM

Jan 2016
JC Staff strikes again.
Mar 24, 2019 8:32 AM
May 2016
Daphi said:
before you say im blind ill say that if you say that you are all just imagining things lul
just look at 0:50-0:55 because thats the only scene that really shows the quality of animation, it looks perfectly fine to me

if you say the animation is bad and im blind give me the time stamp of the frames that look bad to you and argue what exactly is bad about it

because it doesnt look any different to me i think people are just losing their mind over nonsense, wait for it to come out and you will see

Bruh you can't just say you're not blind then say that the animation doesn't look any different to you from season 1. Are you going to defend that shot of Genos dodging lasers in the sky by literally having his still body (mixed with crappy CGI) click-and-dragged around the air? If this was season 1 that would've been animated spectacularly with Genos actually moving rather than being a stiff jpeg
Mar 24, 2019 9:18 AM

Jan 2019
Modernoir said:
Daphi said:

Bruh you can't just say you're not blind then say that the animation doesn't look any different to you from season 1. Are you going to defend that shot of Genos dodging lasers in the sky by literally having his still body (mixed with crappy CGI) click-and-dragged around the air? If this was season 1 that would've been animated spectacularly with Genos actually moving rather than being a stiff jpeg

??
dragged around the air?
looks to me like the work of force, u know when u throw something into the air it moves through the air, when you jump you actually move through the air, ofc if you only see 1 frame u dont see the initial cause of movement, looks perfectly fine to me.

and the cgi doesnt look bad either
DenkiDestroy99XMar 24, 2019 10:56 AM
Mar 24, 2019 11:02 AM
Mar 2018
Well, I don't really enjoy flaming on the same subjects, but is this really the final version of the preview? Because with all those blank black shots and nothing going on at times, except music, it really feels unfinished. I, at least don't think the animation is crap or anything. It still looks like OP Man and feels like a normal episode. But only if the episodes aren't paced the way this trailer was. Then we may have an issue. But nonetheless, I'm still up to watching this. Does anyone know when the dub will air? One or two weeks later?

And where's Tatsumaki?
Mar 24, 2019 2:02 PM
May 2016
Daphi said:
Modernoir said:

??
dragged around the air?
looks to me like the work of force, u know when u throw something into the air it moves through the air, when you jump you actually move through the air, ofc if you only see 1 frame u dont see the initial cause of movement, looks perfectly fine to me.

You've floored me mate, I completely admit it. If you can't see the difference at all then maybe this season will be top-notch for you.
Mar 24, 2019 2:16 PM

Jan 2019
Modernoir said:
Daphi said:

??
dragged around the air?

You've floored me mate, I completely admit it. If you can't see the difference at all then maybe this season will be top-notch for you.

maybe im blind, but we will definitely know once it actually starts airing
Mar 24, 2019 3:16 PM

Jul 2013
Good thing Mob Psycho 100 at least got Bones Godly treatment...
Mar 25, 2019 9:57 AM

Feb 2019
Modernoir said:

??
dragged around the air?

It seems that you do not know what the "Limited animation"
Mar 26, 2019 2:03 AM
Jan 2018
People still think madhouse itself actually had anything to do with season 1 when most of the staff was from bones and freelancers due to the director that did season 1 ( the one who is doing boogiepop).

And those staff members couldn't be brought back for OPM 2 due to other commitments they are probably actually working on mob pycho actually
Mar 29, 2019 7:51 AM
Nov 2016
Modernoir said:
Daphi said:

Exactly!, that scene of Genos dodging the lasers while standing still in the air was cringey, can't believe they are taking this route. When you have in a trailer a lot of black screens, still shots and shaky camera then we have a problem, all these are signs of crappy animation so even in the trailers they are trying to hide it.

Also, Genos looked unimpressed and without emotions when he attacked with the rocket punch, in S01 and the manga Genos has emotions in all his attacks but he lacked that emotion in the trailer.

And last but not least, CGI in Genos arms? yeah, there's plenty of reasons to be worried. Don't even get me started on Elder Centipede, if Genos arms are CGI then E.C will definitely be full CGI.
Mar 30, 2019 3:33 AM
May 2016
xZabuzax said:
Modernoir said:

Exactly!, that scene of Genos dodging the lasers while standing still in the air was cringey, can't believe they are taking this route. When you have in a trailer a lot of black screens, still shots and shaky camera then we have a problem, all these are signs of crappy animation so even in the trailers they are trying to hide it.

Also, Genos looked unimpressed and without emotions when he attacked with the rocket punch, in S01 and the manga Genos has emotions in all his attacks but he lacked that emotion in the trailer.

And last but not least, CGI in Genos arms? yeah, there's plenty of reasons to be worried. Don't even get me started on Elder Centipede, if Genos arms are CGI then E.C will definitely be full CGI.

Good lord, can you imagine Elder Centipede in berserk 2016-tier CGI? I'm going to fucking die.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

389 by THEBIGNOODLER »»
Apr 10, 2:30 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

200 by Craneface »»
Mar 28, 2:52 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - May 7, 2019

244 by scorpioniclibra »»
Mar 14, 3:26 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xShinigami3125 - Apr 23, 2019

367 by Dr_tardo »»
Feb 21, 6:24 PM

» Bro deadass nearly died

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jan 17

3 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jan 17, 3:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.