Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 142 Discussion

Mar 23, 2019 12:50 PM

GoldenUmi said:
So this series comes out every two weeks? Just caught up so I'm going to have to adjust to its schedule.That's a bummer but it's worth the wait for this series.
Nah, its weekly, they just didn't release a chapter last week.
My Queens

Mar 23, 2019 3:38 PM

-Mahesvara said:
Now that I i had time to mull over this chapter,

This is what I don't get, I've seen people saying that Ice Kaguya is here to end this whole mind game mentality, but the impression I got was the complete opposite tbh. In fact it felt like she was the one who went back into that mind game mentality. Ice Kaguya treats Miyuki like garbage, then immediately after expects for him to make a move. She's sending conflicting signals and not being direct. Plus this sudden change in personality has got Miyuki even more confused, which is causing him to overthink things even more, which in fact caused him to be ignore Ice Kaguya's attempts for him to hold her hand.

Ice Kaguya's methods are bringing back the mind games that were already fading away before. So that's why to me it felt like we were going backwards in the wrong direction instead of forwards in the right direction. And honestly I'm not a fan of Ice Kaguya, she comes off as the worst kind of tsundere, who's just unnecessarily mean and selfish, which is also why I didn't particularly enjoy this chapter or find it very funny.

I just hope this one of those one step backwards and two steps forward type of narrative moves and that it doesn't go on for to long, cause the sooner Ice Kaguya melts, the better. God I hope the author isn't just using this to stall actual development either, cause that would be a low blow.

well, ok, she is not going to end it. Old habits die hard, afterall, but she is trying to put it aside.
I can't blame Prez 'cause he is traumatized with her, but how in the hell is a "shall we kiss now?" going BACK to the mind games? we could argue that this could bring out new types of mind games but this is not going back. When would normal Kaguya ask in this obvious way that she wants to hold hands with him?
Ice Kaguya just want to be kissed (this is going to be a chapter name someday), she was trying to say to Shirogane that she wants him to spoil her. That backfired hard because of her bitchie attitude and their past, yeah, but she is legit trying to move foward in this relationship. I think that she is necessary now because this will drop Shirogane's guard for the mind games and therefore make a relationship where no one is trying to top the other possible (even though it will casually happen, like I said, old habits die hard) and this would need to happen sonner or later so I'm glad it is happening before they begin dating 'cause if this kind stuff isn't dealt with, it can lead to break-ups, on real live anyway.
I hope this "The first kiss never ends" arc finishes or have it's climax with Ice Kaguya getting sick of Miyuki overthinking and just shout "just kiss me already!".

Mar 23, 2019 4:52 PM
I don't think the author will ever fully go away from the premise of the series, the mind games back and forth, but it doesn't seem to stay in any set patterns either. When I first started the series I limited my perspective not imaging it going anywhere but that, but the author has proven many times that they can change things up while retaining the comedy.

I could totally see the series continuing even while they are dating with mind games such as who takes initiative in the relationship and such when it comes to various things couples do.

I'm lowkey hoping Ishigami's story doesn't take a backseat entirely even with this Kaguya stuff going on, but it was mentioned he has some plans for Christmas so hopefully there will be progress there as well. Whether Ishigami gets rejected and ends up with Miko or actually scores, it should be good development for him.

Mar 23, 2019 10:33 PM

Primo_Itoko said:
-Mahesvara said:
Now that I i had time to mull over this chapter,

This is what I don't get, I've seen people saying that Ice Kaguya is here to end this whole mind game mentality, but the impression I got was the complete opposite tbh. In fact it felt like she was the one who went back into that mind game mentality. Ice Kaguya treats Miyuki like garbage, then immediately after expects for him to make a move. She's sending conflicting signals and not being direct. Plus this sudden change in personality has got Miyuki even more confused, which is causing him to overthink things even more, which in fact caused him to be ignore Ice Kaguya's attempts for him to hold her hand.

Ice Kaguya's methods are bringing back the mind games that were already fading away before. So that's why to me it felt like we were going backwards in the wrong direction instead of forwards in the right direction. And honestly I'm not a fan of Ice Kaguya, she comes off as the worst kind of tsundere, who's just unnecessarily mean and selfish, which is also why I didn't particularly enjoy this chapter or find it very funny.

I just hope this one of those one step backwards and two steps forward type of narrative moves and that it doesn't go on for to long, cause the sooner Ice Kaguya melts, the better. God I hope the author isn't just using this to stall actual development either, cause that would be a low blow.

well, ok, she is not going to end it. Old habits die hard, afterall, but she is trying to put it aside.
I can't blame Prez 'cause he is traumatized with her, but how in the hell is a "shall we kiss now?" going BACK to the mind games? we could argue that this could bring out new types of mind games but this is not going back. When would normal Kaguya ask in this obvious way that she wants to hold hands with him?
Ice Kaguya just want to be kissed (this is going to be a chapter name someday), she was trying to say to Shirogane that she wants him to spoil her. That backfired hard because of her bitchie attitude and their past, yeah, but she is legit trying to move foward in this relationship. I think that she is necessary now because this will drop Shirogane's guard for the mind games and therefore make a relationship where no one is trying to top the other possible (even though it will casually happen, like I said, old habits die hard) and this would need to happen sonner or later so I'm glad it is happening before they begin dating 'cause if this kind stuff isn't dealt with, it can lead to break-ups, on real live anyway.
I hope this "The first kiss never ends" arc finishes or have it's climax with Ice Kaguya getting sick of Miyuki overthinking and just shout "just kiss me already!".
I'm not saying she is doing it intentionally. And I get what Ice Kaguya wants Miyuki to do, but treating him like he's worthless garbage cause he's not doing it is not the right way to go about it either. Ice Kaguya's ruthlessness is only going to put Miyuki on edge and Miyuki's biggest pitfalll is how he feels inferior towards her, so if Ice Kaguya keeps berating him like she did this chapter it could feed into that.

I just don't see Ice Kaguya being the solution here and I can really only see the potential problems she might create if she keeps up with the same methods. I feel like there has to be a different solution regarding this current dilemma and I'm betting its going to involve Hayasaka.
My Queens

Mar 23, 2019 11:56 PM

Wow, I am super pissed, well not at prez but at Kaguya. Both of them are equally responsible for the stupidity.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 25, 2019 11:51 AM

-Mahesvara said:
Primo_Itoko said:

I'm not saying she is doing it intentionally. And I get what Ice Kaguya wants Miyuki to do, but treating him like he's worthless garbage cause he's not doing it is not the right way to go about it either. Ice Kaguya's ruthlessness is only going to put Miyuki on edge and Miyuki's biggest pitfalll is how he feels inferior towards her, so if Ice Kaguya keeps berating him like she did this chapter it could feed into that.

I just don't see Ice Kaguya being the solution here and I can really only see the potential problems she might create if she keeps up with the same methods. I feel like there has to be a different solution regarding this current dilemma and I'm betting its going to involve Hayasaka.

while putting him on the egde is risky I also think that it is the only way possible here. Like, he was so quick to think that he could take his time to make Kaguya confess, but Bakaguya saved the day and now Ice stated that she knows that he likes her. With this much pressure on him, like with A LOT of things he is bad at, he can push himself to turn the table.
And, while imagining the scenarios for this particular chapter, Ice is the only option. Imagine Bakaguya, yeah they would be dating now but after the Baka effect is gone they would be way too embarrassed to actually be a couple and it would turn out just the same that we have here already or she wouldn't hold on to her feelings and would start kissing prez, and things would get hot on that room in 40s (Ishigami and more recently the 3year fortune-teller have stated that Kaguya is a nympho, so...and Kaguya insists she is not a pervert), but this is not the doujin so, not gonna happen. And she is supposed to be rare.
I had a hard time imagining how normal Kaguya would deal with it, but we don't actually need it because she was escaping hard 'till now. She was too afraid to make a move. Of course, without the french kiss info from Kashiwagi she would be like Prez and they would be "dating" without formally recognizing it, which could cause problems real quick. So we had Ice who is trying to take control of the situation.
Also with Miyuki confronting last boss now, we could get a Prez that has learned (a little bit) how to treat the lady and a Kaguya that has learned to let herself a little loose.
those are big ifs, but we have some merits on having Ice here.

Oh, we are all hyped for the chirstmas event, but, it will probably be the party on Fujiwara's house right? We are having the original 3 and I don't think they have learned how to deal with Fujiwara well enough to make progress on her territory. However, that does not necessarily apply to Ice Kaguya, we only know that she couldn't shake Fujiwara off and that Subject F felt unconfortable in the council room before the Ice melted. I can totally picture Ice Kaguya telling Fujiwara to shut up and it actualy working. And from that we can have a flashback from the time that she felt in love with him. Aaaaaarghh. I don't know, I just see so much potential narratives, interactions and unusual development now that she is around ....
And Hayasaka would be great, I'm actually hyped to see her interaction with Ice, but, even with Hayasaka's help this will ultimately be resolved by those two alone

Mar 25, 2019 11:47 PM

I'm surprised how much hate Miyuki got this chapter. The man just spent multiple chapters setting up a confession, got frenched, had an alter-ego appear, got shut-down on multiple levels, slapped, and people are mad he didn't get her hand thing right? Dang.

Mar 26, 2019 1:20 PM
People are hard to please.

But I say keep doing you Prez.

Apr 4, 2019 2:00 AM

Shirogane...come on my dude...open your eyes...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."

Apr 11, 2019 12:28 PM

This chapter was pretty stupid, I don't like the whole "Ice Kaguya" development, she's literally been given a different personality. Hopefully it doesn't last too long and it's properly explained in later chapters.

Apr 25, 2019 1:08 AM

I really don't understand why people are complaining here. What is so bad about this? I don't think there's any reason to believe that this will be handled poorly considering what we've been given up till now.

Nov 30, 2019 8:34 AM

Kaguya calling a taxi when Miyuki doesn't pick up the hint to take her hand is the most savage she's ever been. I am actually enjoying Ice-chan, I am sure the author will resolve this in a satisfying way as always.
"He's already special. Because he was... born into this world."

Pages (2) « 1 [2]