Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 18, 2019 3:23 PM

Apr 2015
So Hyakkimaru finally meets his dad, what a way to end this episode. Feels the story is progressing a lot right now. Can't wait to see what brings us next week.
Mar 18, 2019 3:36 PM

Oct 2017
vipergod said:
so that Demon was Kurama after Naruto's death in Boruto ha? :D btw that big crab monster wasn't a Devil(one of 12)? hmm weird!

Naruto died?!
Fuuuuuuu@#%
Mar 18, 2019 4:29 PM

Apr 2017
oh god they really left me hanging with that ending.....i can't wait for next week.

hyakki and toho's meeting was so damn good wow. it seems that toho's starting to connect some dots about who hyakki is and how he relates to his parents' secret.
Mar 18, 2019 4:59 PM

Feb 2014
e_hoba said:
Banmon is an obvious metaphor of Panmunjom, 38th parallel line of Korea. Berlin Wall too. People don't talk about that for some reason. The new anime itself doesn't show the message so directly.
Osamu Tezuka portrayed Cold War so many times in his manga. Tezuka liked that kind of allegorical storytelling.

In the real history, both Asakura and Togashi were already on the same side when Hyakkimaru arrived Daigo's land. Tezuka should have known it but he focused on the metaphor, I guess. Jukai's ex-boss, Shiba clan, was Asakura's master but Shiba declined in that war. Asakura took over one of Shiba's lands after that.
Later, a master of Shiba clan was killed by his subordinates. A branch family of another clan took revenge against the traitor. That guy was the famous demon lord, Nobunaga Oda.

Wow never knew it was based on real history. So do we get to see the demon lord himself in the show?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 18, 2019 5:47 PM
Jan 2019
Ahhhh! Hyakimaru found himself face to face with his father, and his brother is about to discover the truth. This gets really good.
PS: Somehow I was surprised to see the Kyubi, the nine-tailed fox.
Mar 18, 2019 6:10 PM
Dec 2016
dasprn said:
e_hoba said:
Banmon is an obvious metaphor of Panmunjom, 38th parallel line of Korea. Berlin Wall too. People don't talk about that for some reason. The new anime itself doesn't show the message so directly.
Osamu Tezuka portrayed Cold War so many times in his manga. Tezuka liked that kind of allegorical storytelling.

In the real history, both Asakura and Togashi were already on the same side when Hyakkimaru arrived Daigo's land. Tezuka should have known it but he focused on the metaphor, I guess. Jukai's ex-boss, Shiba clan, was Asakura's master but Shiba declined in that war. Asakura took over one of Shiba's lands after that.
Later, a master of Shiba clan was killed by his subordinates. A branch family of another clan took revenge against the traitor. That guy was the famous demon lord, Nobunaga Oda.

Wow never knew it was based on real history. So do we get to see the demon lord himself in the show?

Nobunaga's attack on the traitor was about 70 years later from Dororo's time setting so Nobunaga wasn't born yet.
Shiba was almost equal to Shogun but they couldn't become a sengoku daimyo. Dororo's story takes place at the very beginning of sengoku-era.
Mar 18, 2019 6:17 PM
Apr 2016
Another demon, another enemy for Hyakkimaru to slay. Seems like Hyakkimaru's father is making his move. Damn, Hyakkimaru vs. his father next episode it seems. Awesome episode.
Mar 18, 2019 6:33 PM
Jan 2014
Ahh! Now we have to wait another week :( That cliffhanger and music was epic. I'm so glad this series is going to be 24 episodes. It would be horrible trying to rush everything and squish it into 12 or 13 episodes. Although how many more body parts does Hyakki need to collect? Both arms, leg, eyes, taste, etc ?? Who knows. Maybe we'll get some more original episodes too. I've never read the manga or watched the old series so surprise me Dororo.

I'm curious to see what will happen next. The father had traces of killing intent but not all red like I expected. I worry for Hyakkimaru when the priest noticed that Hyaki had traces of killing intent too. Although you can't blame him. He's finally getting his senses back and saw the girl he loved die in arms. It felt like Hyaki was wondering if he was turning into a monster when the priest mentioned that he had killed humans. Even though Hyakki doesn't have his real eyes yet, his expression seemed to tell all. Or maybe I'm reading into this too much.

I hope everything works out with Tahoumaru and his brother. I dread the future after seeing the preview for the next episode. Tahoumaru's expression after he heard his parents argue again was heartbreaking. He seems terrified about what is going on yet also wants to know the truth. Fingers crossed everything will be ok.

Last mention. Hyakkimaru's voice actor is doing an awesome job. It takes skill for a character that hardly says anything to really pull you in, but I am totally invested in Hyakkimaru. I'm glad he's learning to use his voice and other senses as he fights to reclaim himself.

That was my take on this awesome episode. Hope everyone has a good week.
Mar 18, 2019 6:38 PM
Jul 2018
haha great episode and the new developments completely surprised me and made it even more interesting. Can't wait for the next episode!
Mar 18, 2019 6:40 PM
Sep 2017
This anime is just too good! Every week I’m left with a feeling of I cannot WAIT until next week! It’s the best thing about Mondays, LOL.

I’m still hoping the brothers eventually team up. It would hurt my heart if they become enemies forever.

Hmmm.. Saigo had them shoot those arrows at the fox demon to help Hyakki - is he having second thoughts about killing his own son...?
Mar 18, 2019 7:34 PM

Aug 2018
UGHHHH... I Freakin hate cliffhangers.. Can't wait for next week!

i just realized this show will have 24 episodes which means there is 13 episodes left.. How the hell are they going to make another 13 episodes.. i mean the plot is closing in, Hyakkimaru's Brother is about to know the truth, mother knows that her son is not dead, and Hyakkimaru finally met his ugly father. that fact that there is still alot more makes me Even more excited! I hope this show keeps staying great unlike others this season.. *Ahem* shield hero *Ahem*...
Mar 18, 2019 8:54 PM

Jul 2016
I just can't wait for next episode!!
Mar 18, 2019 9:22 PM
Jan 2016
Each episode this is turning even better!

So the crazy women that yealled about demon baby, was there when he birthm that explains why she gone crazy!

Tahomaru is even more close from the truth, curious to see what will he do.

Didn't expect it that earlier but Hyakkimaru finaly met his father, looking foward next episode, damn that clifhanger!
Mar 18, 2019 9:28 PM

Oct 2017
Great episode and OST but it was suuuuch a cliffhanger waaaahhhh
Mar 18, 2019 9:32 PM

Apr 2014
nightcrawlercyp said:
fistyoursoul said:
Holy shit bois, I cannot control the cliffhanger, can someone (manga readers) spoil me of what happens next?
If you are serious about getting spoilt- this is the story of next episode:

Holy shit! Next episode is gonna be sad as fuck then.
Mar 18, 2019 9:35 PM

Aug 2014
that OST at the end holy shit, next week cant come soon enough
Mar 18, 2019 9:53 PM

Sep 2011
Jesus christ its so unfair to end the episode there, I'm gonna be eager to see the next episode all week now damn it.

Loving the direction its going, and way to go hyakimaru you are talking so much more now, I think I counted 6 whole words

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 18, 2019 10:56 PM

Nov 2009
I started binging this yesterday and today's episode is a god damn cliffhanger...

Ahwell, looking forward to next week's heart-warming family reunion lol
Mar 18, 2019 11:15 PM

Dec 2015
This show is just too good. Damn you cliffhanger!
Mar 18, 2019 11:56 PM

May 2015
Hmm...no evil intent from Tahomaru...

Listen to the music as Hyakkimaru fights the fox spirits...

Oh boy. Dororo sees Sukeroku captured, the blind priest senses an ominous aura around the hall of hell, Tahomaru learns about the demon child and his missing parts, and Daigo stands before the young man he believes to be the son he cast away...and Hyakkimaru senses evil intent in his father. Things are about to get real, and that crack on the headless figure just confirmed it further.
Mar 19, 2019 12:22 AM

Feb 2014
e_hoba said:
dasprn said:

Nobunaga's attack on the traitor was about 70 years later from Dororo's time setting so Nobunaga wasn't born yet.
Shiba was almost equal to Shogun but they couldn't become a sengoku daimyo. Dororo's story takes place at the very beginning of sengoku-era.

Cool! Is there a lore to it?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 19, 2019 4:03 AM

Oct 2008
I'm Impressed! Bravo! This is such a solid episode!
so many events happened!
Tahomaru is almost there finding out the truth! and Hyakkimaru finally met his father Daigo...but such tense events is about to happen! sh!t is gonna hit the fan for sure!
The mother of Hyakkimaru know that her first son is 100% alive but Daigo troubled and perplexed about this!
Biwamaru appeared as well nice! But him seeing the demon shrine is very bad news!
5/5.

Mar 19, 2019 5:16 AM

Feb 2017
i cannot wait for next week god dammit
i wonder whats the anime gonna do in second half, it looks like already in the climax

next preview

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Mar 19, 2019 6:01 AM

Dec 2014
I'm surprised that Tahomaru hasn't caught on completely to who Hyakkimaru may be. I guess he has no clue about the past then?

That cliffhanger ending, next week is gonna be intense.
Mar 19, 2019 6:15 AM

Jul 2016
Hylianticipated said:
This show is just too good. Damn you cliffhanger!

I wonder about this. What will daddy do.
Mar 19, 2019 7:39 AM

Jan 2019
That cliffhanger was gold, I'm so hyped for next episode. If this series has taught me anything, it's that Sukeroku's hopes of finding his family alive are gonna be met with utter disappointment and despair.

The situation at hand seems pretty bleak for everyone: Dororo about to be captured by Asakura soldiers while separated from Hyakkimaru, who is unable to come help before his Father's entourage and conflict ready to burst. Tahomaru just discovered about his family's secret and we've yet to see how he'll handle this information.

It was nice to see the subtle detail of Tahomaru's and Daigo's similar aura patterns seen by Hyakkimaru, hinting at their connection as family. Has Hyakkimaru seen his own aura by any chance? I guess not, but I can't remember.
Mar 19, 2019 10:30 AM

Aug 2012
JizzyHitler said:
Jesus christ its so unfair to end the episode there, I'm gonna be eager to see the next episode all week now damn it.

Loving the direction its going, and way to go hyakimaru you are talking so much more now, I think I counted 6 whole words
Most episodes were originally two parters but they skipped some stuff to shorten them. This story is important so I am glad they did not rush it.
Mar 19, 2019 11:19 AM

Aug 2018
I think it's the first episode that Hyakkimaru has pronounced more than one word. A seiyuu's remarkable work.

Get good this.
Mar 19, 2019 1:03 PM

Nov 2018
Zamamama said:
revyHOLiC said:
Finally Hyakkimaru met his lovely father, such heartwarming episode.
the sort of warmth you aspire, you must be the descendant of a devil.

This is beautiful.
Mar 19, 2019 1:30 PM
Mar 2015
Hi Mom and Dad I am home from hunting the demons you sold me to
Mar 19, 2019 2:01 PM

Mar 2017
Hyakkimaru and his father finally comes face to face.
So Hyakkimaru can see a different pattern in the soul of his blood relatives.
Mar 19, 2019 2:36 PM

Jun 2013
"Daddy, is that you?"

The daddy that went out to buy cigarettes is back after sixteen or seventeen years. Just kidding.

I loved this episode! I keep forgetting Dororo is a girl.

I like Tohomaru, I liked how he walked off after eating dango but Mutsu paid for him. Good thing they keep money on them whenever he wanders off like the bocchan he is.
臭い-
Mar 19, 2019 3:32 PM
Apr 2016
Minar-kyun said:
Hyakkimaru and his father finally comes face to face.
So Hyakkimaru can see a different pattern in the soul of his blood relatives.

No, the pattern is the same as in other people. Here though the pattern is conflicting - Tahoomaru is wavering and hesitant, and so his "aura" is fluctuating. Daigo also seems to be full of hesitation and regret, which his aura reflects, but he is also scarred by sin, just like Hyakkimaru now is.
The saddest thing that happened is that Buddha statue standing firm for 16 some years, and now it seems it can't protect the boy anymore.
So just a piece on how I expect it to end - the old monk takes part in destroying the hall of demons and passes away in peace, Mother commits suicide, driven to it by Daigo's cruelty and refusal to atone for what he is done, Daigo himself SHOULD atone at the last moment and perish not a complete scum, Hyakkimaru defeats all demons but dies, maybe burning away? Dororo survives them all and tells this story to everyone, while Tahoomaru becomes the new good lord and a new statue of Buddha will replace the crumbling one.
Re:formed
Mar 19, 2019 4:16 PM
Jul 2018
wow shit is intense. I'm honestly loving the direction the show is taking.
Mar 19, 2019 5:15 PM

Jun 2015
Just caught up! Really excited to see the next episode. I feel like eveyrthing's coming together in this ep and the next ep's confrontation is going to (hopefully) reveal some answers for the characters. I really hope Hyakkimaru and Tahomaru find out they're brothers and not kill each other...Tahomaru's got good morals and loves his people as seen with the crab demon (sry forgot the name) and his soul is clear so if they can figure out the truths about each other I think Hyakkimaru and Tahomaru can become friends...hopefully...

It really does feel like next week's ep is the finale so it'll be interesting to see where they take it from here, but given the twists and turns of the mysteries and reveals of the previous eps, I'm sure there's information we're missing that will be revealed in future eps that continues the storyline even more..I almost want more than 24 episodes, but since the original manga was 4 volumes it might be hard to push it even longer or extend it...
Mar 19, 2019 6:25 PM

Oct 2015
imagine anyone defending the utter trash that is the source manga and only care the anime isnt rushing or changing as much instead of being happy the anime is improving tezuka's stuff
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Mar 19, 2019 8:13 PM
Feb 2016
I just need to know the name of the song when Hyakkimaru meet his father. All the other discussions means nothing to me while I'm searching for that song. Just spent 1 hour and nothing, please help me!
Mar 19, 2019 11:26 PM
Jul 2018
It looks like that woman used to be one of Daigo's retainers(?) that saw the birth of Hyakkimaru

Tahomaru finally learns of the truth, I wonder what he's going to do, his mom too.

Hyakkimaru finally met his father <3
Mar 20, 2019 5:52 AM

Dec 2015
A good épisode but I largely prefer the old Banmon version (the historical comparison)

3/5

@nightcrawlercyp Sure he will die? I have some doubts based on the way this series changed him.
Mar 20, 2019 6:30 AM

Aug 2012
Rei366 said:
A good épisode but I largely prefer the old Banmon version (the historical comparison)

3/5

@nightcrawlercyp
1. please add a spoiler tag. 2.
They made the same mistake in the first episode and they corrected in this episode with H mother monologue. They made it seem in ep 1 he was motivated by saving his nation when in fact he was motivated by conquest alone which is said by H mother in this episode. The problem with changing plot too much is that you either write yourself into a corner or you have inconsistencies and illogical parts. Claymore series wrote itself into a corner that way. Inuyasha changed Kinka and Ginka arc and as a result a few episodes made little sense.
Mar 20, 2019 7:02 AM
Mar 2019
I'm so addicted to the series right now since I saw the first episode and now I'm waiting for episode 12 to come out I'm trying to Crossover Undertale X Dororo. Lmao
Mar 20, 2019 7:53 AM

Jun 2014
Looks like the main story's taking shape now. Not a lot of action this episode, but it was good nonetheless.
Mar 20, 2019 10:41 AM

Nov 2017
I don't want to wait until Monday again aaaaa

Mar 20, 2019 2:02 PM

Mar 2008
this may be a stupid question but has it been explained how Hyakki can use his prosthetic arms/hands? since his own arms are just swords, how is he able to use his hands, wrists, and fingers to for example hold a sword and fight with it? or is it just some ~animu logic~?
Mar 20, 2019 3:48 PM
May 2017
I got serious Witcher vibes from this episode.
Mar 20, 2019 8:09 PM
Dec 2016
Yavimaya said:
this may be a stupid question but has it been explained how Hyakki can use his prosthetic arms/hands? since his own arms are just swords, how is he able to use his hands, wrists, and fingers to for example hold a sword and fight with it? or is it just some ~animu logic~?

In the original manga, Jukai said they're moved by "shoulder muscle". Manga logic actually, lol.
Mar 20, 2019 8:52 PM

Jul 2016
And both Hyakkimaru and Daigo finally met. Honestly, as many others, I was expecting them to reunite later on in the series but it has sense to happen now due to the events from the last episode with Tahomaru's introduction.

The fight against the demon was nice and the OST used during the episode was a very nice addition as well.

It was another interesting episode overall. Tahomaru will probably find out the truth in the next episode so I'm curious to know how he might react.
Mar 20, 2019 10:00 PM

May 2015
Father and son meet at last.
Mar 20, 2019 10:07 PM

Jan 2013
Watched both episodes in a row and it was worth it!
So interesting to see their reaction to each other even though they don't know that they are brothers.

I wonder what his father plans to do now, after 10 episodes they finally met.
And i wonder if that crack in the statue is a bad thing.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 21, 2019 11:05 AM
Jul 2017
I dont know if i should feel exited or horrified.

The change of the chape of the soul is for killing someone? Or is it family related?

Anyways...
The god dam cliff hang me hard
It looks like Hyakimaru is going to die.
I feel really bad for his mother and so intrigued by the Daigo drama.

God dam
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is Dororo a boy or a girl ? ( 1 2 )

JanPri - Jan 15, 2019

80 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:39 AM

» Possible reason for such ending

Raajdeep - Oct 21, 2023

24 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2019

204 by Shadowwolf21 »»
Apr 7, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2019

108 by Bubblarz »»
Mar 31, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2019

442 by Flomik »»
Mar 25, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.