Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime 'Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken' Gets Sequel

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
Mar 17, 5:34 AM

The official website for Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken TV anime announced a sequel on Sunday. It is slated for next year.

Fuse has been writing the story on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website between 2013 and 2015. Micro magazine has been releasing the light novel series with illustrations by Mitz Vah since 2014, and thirteen volumes have been released as of September 2018.

The TV anime is based on the manga series, which is based on the light novel series. Ten compiled volumes have been released as of December 2018.

The main story has been ended in 23rd episode, which aired on March 11. 24th and gaiden episode will be aired on March 18, and 25th and free episode will be aired on March 25. An OVA was originally going to be bundled in the eleventh volume of the manga series released on March 29, but previously announced to delay the release, which will be bundled in the thirteenth volume of the manga series, to be released this December.

Source: Comic Natalie

Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season on MAL
Modified by Vindstot, Mar 24, 3:22 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

Mar 17, 5:38 AM

Nice, hopefully its 2 cour again.

Mar 17, 5:39 AM
Suprised but not suprised.

Mar 17, 5:40 AM

Wonder if it will be better. After ep 14 the anime was so boring..

Mar 17, 5:41 AM
Isn't really a surprise though the manga and LN have been selling great. Haven't had the chance to see of any anime Vols have been sold yet

Mar 17, 5:50 AM

I am happy to see this extension. Haven't watch the latest episodes but am excited to see diablo

Mar 17, 6:03 AM
@tsubasalover, how did you know that the anime is based on the manga series if the original source is the light novel?

Mar 17, 6:04 AM

Pretty surprised that a sequel was announced so soon, especially since the first season was 2-cour. Anyway, great news.

Mar 17, 6:06 AM

GoldMercy said:
Suprised but not suprised.

Your post is composed of 50% actual words
Mirai Nikki is TRASH
Angel Beats is horrible.
Charlotte is a dumpster fire.
Shinsekai Yori has no characters.
Oreimo's S2 specials don't actually exist.

IM NOT AN ELITIST

I live to see the day where Hidamari Sketch or Little Witch Academia get another season.

Mar 17, 6:06 AM

Not really surprised tho. Many big events will happen in S2 so can't wait.

Mar 17, 6:08 AM
Animechannel2213 said:
@tsubasalover, how did you know that the anime is based on the manga series if the original source is the light novel?
It is a first time i see anime that Adapted manga which is adaptation of A Light Novel soo WFT?! but this time it shold be adaptaion of LN because Manga can´t cover that much

Mar 17, 6:11 AM
┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴

Good to see that slimy boi is getting another season !

Mar 17, 6:16 AM

Yes more of the adventures of Rimu-chan (ᗒᗨᗕ)

Mar 17, 6:21 AM

xFresh11 said:
Animechannel2213 said:
It is a first time i see anime that Adapted manga which is adaptation of A Light Novel soo WFT?! but this time it shold be adaptaion of LN because Manga can´t cover that much

@Animechannel2213
im not sure if its true, cuz i know some parts in anime are little bit different from manga and closer to novels.
but i also heard that they agreed not to pass manga in first season.
we need to find a reliable source .

Mar 17, 6:22 AM

@Animechannel2213 @xFresh11 @vipergod Please check here (Posted by an Anime moderator).

Mar 17, 6:30 AM

Awesome, the fact is that I haven't started watching the anime yet :D

Mar 17, 6:31 AM

Wow, this is probably the fastest 2 cour LN adaptation sequel announcement I remember. A one year frame should be good to give time for the production.

Mar 17, 6:32 AM

I hope they change the director, because I did not like their invented scenes of fanservice or how they treated the character of rimuru which was much more charismatic than this, I'm sure they did it so that it does not overshadow the other girls, it's equal to as they do in harem animes where the protagonist is always stoic and shy.

"Intelligent is not the person who is always right, but the one who admits that he is wrong".

Mar 17, 6:34 AM

Okay, get ready for more serious arc, it will be major tone shift from season 1 to season 2.

Mar 17, 6:49 AM
Isekai/LN Weirdo

Sweet! I have been enjoying this show a lot (plus it's been awhile since 8-bit made a season 2 to their stuff; I think the last sequel of any of their shows was Yama no Susume s3).

Mar 17, 6:52 AM

I hope its another 25 episodes.

Mar 17, 7:04 AM

As soon as it finishes, i'm binge watching this one, i've been waiting for that! It got a sequel pretty fast!

Mar 17, 7:10 AM

Oh my god, THANK YOU!

I was already praying for a sequel even before half the show had aired.

Definitely looking forward to this.

Mar 17, 7:16 AM

First Oregairu 3, now this... God, GOD, GOD THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 17, 7:23 AM

Not surprising. Manga adaptation became top ten selling manga in japan.

Mar 17, 7:25 AM

YEHEY!

***** **** Rimuru for the win!

Mar 17, 7:37 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Cool, though hopefully it's as good as S1's first half and not as weak as its second half.
Modified by GoldenDevilGamer, Mar 17, 8:00 AM

Mar 17, 7:43 AM

More Shizu appearance please <3

Mar 17, 7:48 AM

Good to see this!
I’m not the biggest fan of Season 1 but the first half was certainly entertaining and here’s to hoping so will the 2nd Season.

Mar 17, 8:19 AM
❤Genki Girl❤

Suspected as much but thank god <3

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
Hit me up if you want someone to flirt with for a bit ^^
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"

Mar 17, 8:44 AM
Best news of this week

I hope shield hero also get 2nd season

Mar 17, 8:46 AM

that was quicK AF.

Mar 17, 8:47 AM

It went downhill from the 15 episode so I hope next season will be better.

Happy anyway

Mar 17, 9:05 AM

Yes,knew it

This series is so popular and successful that it getting a second season so fast is not surprising at all

Now,seeing as they have pretty much covered the end of current published manga chapters,So the question is will the second season cover from LN only or will the manga would have published enough chapters by then for adaption?

Mar 17, 9:47 AM

Pass. Extremely disappointed with the second half of the season. It has been such a drag since the end of Ogre lord arc.

The only isekai sequels I probably would gonna watch: Oda Nobunaga, Hataraku Maou-sama! and Grimgar but they will never get any sequels.

By now, I am almost 100% certain that these isekai LNs are not for me. Some start strong then become dull (Slime, Konosuba etc.), some start with new ideas then become trainwrecks/utter garbage (Gate, SAO). Probably will never watch another one ever again.

Mar 17, 10:00 AM
I haven't watched this because I thought we would never get to see the whole story (similar to Re:zero) but now I might change my mind.

Mar 17, 11:02 AM

madarchod said:
Yes,knew it

This series is so popular and successful that it getting a second season so fast is not surprising at all

Now,seeing as they have pretty much covered the end of current published manga chapters,So the question is will the second season cover from LN only or will the manga would have published enough chapters by then for adaption?

It will be LN only because the manga is monthly.

Mar 17, 11:23 AM

BLESS ALL THE ANIME GODS! I AM SO HAPPY! HOLY MOTHER OF ANIMATION!

« Rem »
A female Oni. One of the maids working for Roswaal L Mathers.
The twin sister of Ram.

Mar 17, 11:23 AM

Best news, can't wait

Mar 17, 11:29 AM

SaiDrew said:
I haven't watched this because I thought we would never get to see the whole story (similar to Re:zero) but now I might change my mind.

Re:Zero sold well, the problem is lack of LN material to adapt a second season.

By now, I am almost 100% certain that these isekai LNs are not for me. Some start strong then become dull (Slime, Konosuba etc.), some start with new ideas then become trainwrecks/utter garbage (Gate, SAO). Probably will never watch another one ever again.

While I do still like Konosuba (also Maou-Sama is sort of a reverse Isekai, like Re:Creators), I agree with the general feel.

Isekai LN is becoming the new Long-Running Battle Shounen, a oversaturated by common place tropes genre. Sad, because Rayearth, Digimon, and other, older Isekais, were very good in storyline and world building. Most important, they had the neat idea of youngsters MCs developing maturity and responsability after facing many hard trials together.

Now is mostly about otakus getting level 99 and 45865968909081792 skills in episode 1, and soloing things easily, all while getting an harem, despite having the personality of cardboard.

Mar 17, 11:52 AM

Wow this is amazing news. I expected a season 2 eventually but I thought we'd have to wait for years to let the manga get ahead.
I dipt into the future far as the human eye could see
Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be

Mar 17, 12:50 PM

Knew it would get a second season soon. Like many people before me said, the second half of the first season was weak, I hope it gets better from here on again.
I don't think I'm gonna watch this weekly again though...

Mar 17, 3:05 PM
Ive read ahead and researched a bit and it gets much better at the end scene from 23 with the girl looking behind the tree it really starts alot and the show gets very very very interesting alot of stuff is revealed and alot of changes happen it gets really good honestly the 2nd half was dull but its good cuz what it built up is very important for the next season

Mar 17, 3:09 PM

I'm so glad this is getting another season, I hope it'll get even better.

Mar 17, 3:24 PM

Not surprised, still super happy. I need more Ranga cuteness. XD
眠れないのは君のせい

Mar 17, 7:28 PM
Review Moderator
MALI Director

Sequel announcement for a two-cour show before it even finished airing? I've never heard something like this. Really gotta watch it soon, must be crazy popular.

Mar 17, 8:27 PM

Just wondered about this. Well, that was expected.
Level of my english is still too poor, so ask not particularly angry because of my terrible grammar.

Mar 17, 9:06 PM
~ PR Cheerio ~

Well seems like this is pretty good in all honesty :o

Mar 17, 9:53 PM

The announcement was done via ep.24 pre- screening event on Sunday
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/324260

Mar 18, 3:33 AM

That, my friend, is such a great news !

It was kinda expected since since the anime worked nicely (did it boots LN / Manga / Goodies sellings though ?) and had a decent fanbase.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »