Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 18, 2019 5:25 PM
Jul 2019
My opinion of Deen is that they have potential, they give us a few surprises over the years with animation like Konosuba and such, they may rush the story when it comes to visual novels but it doesn't mean Deen can't bring out very good animation, A great example of this is the fate ubw movie, although the plot was a mess, the animation was a real spectacle to look at.
Jul 18, 2019 5:36 PM

Jan 2018
The-Ray said:
I will never forgive them for Itou Junji: Collection. The only person who was afraid of watching that was Junji Itou himself.

Oh God, I wasn't aware that was Deen. Sure explains a lot.
What a beautiful Duwang
Jul 24, 2019 11:36 AM

Jul 2013
You know how someone suddenly says the studio is shit for making a shitty adaptation of something and then someone agrees with that person and then voila, it has already created a domino effect and everyone's jumping on the bandwagon saying Deen is shit when in reality, Deen isn't even a horrible studio as much as people like to believe. They have a lot of great shows in their catalog.

I feel like this meme was started by Fate fans for that horrible adaptation of the Fate and UBW route.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
DeadlyRavenJul 24, 2019 7:07 PM
Jul 24, 2019 11:39 AM
May 2019
I don't think that studio that is responsible for Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Konosuba, Ranma 1/2, Sakamoto Desu ga?, Fruits Basket can be considered bad.
Jul 24, 2019 11:44 AM

Jul 2019
I love Studio Deen cause it opened my eyes to the concept of death: "People die if they are killed".

Reach for the
Starsβ˜†

Jul 24, 2019 12:04 PM
Apr 2017
sorcery said:
Studio Deen is fricken Madhouse, in comparison to A1-Pictures.
Glol

As for studio deen, I have only watched the higurashi no naku koro ni series, which I found largely decent with some parts verging on good, but that's about it ,(other than having shouwa genroku and konosuba in ptw) and I can't really find any of their other shows that seems particularly interesting either.
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Jul 24, 2019 12:05 PM
Mar 2018
I'll admit I haven't watched much of Studio Deens works. But they have my 2nd favorite anime of all time (Maison Ikkoku) and my 3rd favorite OVA of all time (Ruroni Kenshin Trust and Betrayal) under their belt. So even if I end up watching more of their works and it turns out I don't like them. Well I'll always have these 2 to fall back on.
Jul 24, 2019 12:24 PM

Oct 2012
They used to be but shouwa Rakugo is amazing and konosuba is really good as well, so I'd say they're making a comeback
Jul 24, 2019 12:52 PM

Mar 2018
I dont really have a problem with Studio Deen but looking at their stuff now I came up with a assumption

They arent the greatest at adapting stuff faithfully? I noticed this with Sankrea and Nurarihyon no Mago.

Also saw complaints of Higurashi, but majority liked it I think? idk if it was some random haters complaining. Umineko no Naku Koro ni gets 10x more hate, havent watched or read it yet so i cant form my own opinion on it. Also ''people die if they are kiilled''

I watched a lot of their stuff but havent read the source material so I can't really form a argument if they make good adaptions for visual novels or what not but I do like shows they have made.
Jul 24, 2019 1:07 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
I mean.. my image sums it up. Most definitely not bad. At least for me.
Jul 24, 2019 1:11 PM

Dec 2015
Deen have done some amazing project and at the same time alot of shit.

I love alot of what they have done and don't know about taking people serious in this forum. Either they are trolling, don't know what they are talking about, playing around on a fake account, or haven't watched more then 10 shows.

Well that's the major part of this community.

Jul 24, 2019 1:19 PM

Jul 2017
I like a lot of their works even though their adaptation of Fate Stay Night and Junji Ito stories were pretty bad
Dec 26, 2019 1:31 AM
Oct 2017
bro, did u see what they did to the 3rd season of the seven deadly sins? look at the latest episode
Dec 26, 2019 1:41 AM

Jul 2015
I wouldn't say Deen is terrible studio.
However, when they make bad anime, it is really bad.
When they make good anime, it is really good.

In 2016, for example, they made two anime worthy of the title of AOTY.
However, incidents like new NNT and Umineko are not isolated.

Dec 26, 2019 1:54 AM
Nov 2019
Uutama said:
For everyone out there who hates on Studio Deen, I just have to ask why? Why do you continue to perpetuate hatred for the one studio who adapts some of the most popular and talk-about anime of all time? Sure, the animation isn't perfect, but it's by no means bad.

Take a good minute to look at some of the animation projects that people are talking about today. Dragon Ball Super was a disaster. There is very little to appreciate about some of the earlier framework in the show's life, and while it did improve toward the end, it will always be remembered as one of the best follow-ups to the most popular shounen of all-time.

Studio Deen has much smoother and consistant animation quality, but there is a vast difference in style. The style of Deen's projects are all very similar to each other, but it manages to faithfully adapt the source content regardless of this.

All in all, no anime will ever be better than the manga in terms of artistic design. This is why shows like Madoka Magica and Neon Genesis Evangelion reign supreme when it comes to the quality of its animation. They were never adapting source content in these cases; the animation was the first thought.

So, that brings back the question: Is Studio Deen really that bad?
I don't think so, but I'm willing to listen to valid opinions of people who actually take the time to analyse their work rather than keep a circle of hatred going after 15 years of booing some of the most loved franchises to ever be animated.

Ufotable art visual KnY is much better than the manga counter-part in the art visuals, if we compare Kimetsu no Yaiba manga with Demon Slayer anime the manga quality turns to trash because Ufotable eclipsed the manga with that adaptation!
VitorLeiteAncapDec 26, 2019 2:00 AM
Buy Bitcoins and others cryptos(like Monero), the great crisis is coming!
Also don't forget, taxation is theft!
Dec 26, 2019 2:12 AM

May 2019
Minecraftkid72 said:
bro, did u see what they did to the 3rd season of the seven deadly sins? look at the latest episode
Wasn't it confirmed months ago that Studio Deen isn't the one adapting 7ds and that they passed the series to some small time studio because 7ds doesn't fit in their schedule?
Dec 27, 2019 12:08 AM

Jul 2019
I don't know much about the other shows, but their adaptation of Junjou Romantica and Sekaichi Hatsukoi were really good and they followed the manga, but I guess that there are not many people who watch Shounen Ai. Konosuba was not that bad too.
Dec 27, 2019 10:00 PM

Aug 2018
Their animation is the worst in the game
Dec 28, 2019 3:51 AM

Apr 2010
I'll tell you what I watched (because I can't say about other animes, right?) But it's been a while, so... if I read the manga it is mentioned.

Vampire Knight (+Guilty): I don't think it was that different from the manga. I really liked it at the time.
Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X): Even the fillers were good. And there were so many of them. The Ova's animation felt weird after the original, but oh well. For the original material, I think it went along with it.
Fruits Basket: I loved it back at the day. I prefer the animation there rather than the new one, but maybe I just got used to it. The ending was annoying, though. I think they brought they story quite well except for this ending.
Hetalia: I was a bit confused with all history and characters, but it may be just me.
Junjou Romantica:: I don't know the plot of the manga, but the animation was fine, though funny enough, the main couple was less beautiful. Annoying characters can't be blamed for the anime.
07-Ghost: Can't think of anything special to say about this. It was a good anime.
Ranma 1/2: Always fun to watch, even so many years after. And no, not for the fanservice.
Sekaiichi Hatsukoi (1+2) The animation was fine, they didn't show much "juicy" stuff, which is a bonus for me (they did at the end of the day, but I think they didn't show the act itself... I may be wrong though).
Bakunatsu (Crisis): The second season felt a bit off, but oh well.

I'll stop here cause this list is starting to be long (I watched 34 of their stuff including sequels and stuff).

Apparently, it's the Studio that got from me the highest weighted score. So... you can guess. Are there bad anime there? Maybe, but I don't watch everything.

Dec 29, 2019 5:03 AM

Oct 2018
They have become comedy of the decade studio by just doing 7 deadly sins so of course
Dec 29, 2019 5:15 AM

May 2019
They have a decent amount of good anime under their belt so no.

ExodiaX said:
They have become comedy of the decade studio by just doing 7 deadly sins so of course
They aren't the ones doing 7ds, they passed it to a small studio because it didn't fit their schedule
Dec 29, 2019 5:19 AM

Oct 2018
Kobayasan said:
They have a decent amount of good anime under their belt so no.

ExodiaX said:
They aren't the ones doing 7ds, they passed it to a small studio because it didn't fit their schedule
really? They're still retweeting every 7DS tweets on their twitter account.
Dec 29, 2019 5:31 AM

Jan 2018
Studio Deen made fucking Rakugo lol. Of course they aren't that bad. The series is easily the greatest title of the 2010s.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Dec 29, 2019 5:32 AM

May 2019
ExodiaX said:
As far as i know, Aniplex and A1 dropped the series and Deen got the rights few months(or weeks im not sure) before the anime was scheduled to air and Deen then passed it to an outsource studio
Dec 29, 2019 5:35 AM

Oct 2018
Kobayasan said:
ExodiaX said:
As far as i know, Aniplex and A1 dropped the series and Deen got the rights few months(or weeks im not sure) before the anime was scheduled to air and Deen then passed it to an outsource studio
they have been handing this show for a whole season, it would be really unbelievable if they dropped it at this point especially after how many posts they have made about this show.
Dec 29, 2019 5:36 AM

Dec 2015
Studio Deen have made bad adaption and good adaption.

But are not all Studios like that?

I'm a fan of Studio Deen and I don't care about what a bunch of Randoms on the internet think either.
Someone else opinion don't impact my enjoyment of a show :3

Dec 29, 2019 6:02 AM

Dec 2018
It is regular. It has some memorable titles, but without the ideal quality. They have a lot of garbage too. The first adaptation of fate was a litlte mediocre but enjoyable, it reinvindicated with the film (I scored it 10). They turn loghorizon in a boring show.
Dec 29, 2019 6:10 AM
Sep 2017
Well I would argue that trust and betrayal looks better in every way compared to its manga version so that’s a plus. Konosuba is also pretty fun.
Dec 29, 2019 6:35 AM

Jan 2018
For animation: yes

The only thing they've done recently that's actually looks good the whole way through is Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju. Konosuba is pretty decently animated but it still had its duwang moments.
What a beautiful Duwang
Dec 29, 2019 12:11 PM

Jul 2013
Not a big fan, but their take on Fate/Stay night was better than Ufotable's.
Dec 29, 2019 12:15 PM

Nov 2016
Inconsistent is more fitting than bad, they made 2 of my favourites I can't turn my back on that
Dec 29, 2019 12:52 PM

Jun 2014
The only anime I've seen that are from them are Pumpkin Scissors, Shounen Onmyouji, and 07 Ghost.

I like Pumpkin Scissors, but I didn't like the ballroom arc as much. I liked what little bit of Shounen Onmyouji I have seen,

I've only seen one episode of 07 Ghost, and that was years ago, so I don't have an opinion on it.
Dec 29, 2019 10:29 PM

Oct 2018
I don't like their animation, they are very poor quality...
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Jan 2, 2020 3:17 PM

Aug 2019
im constantly surprised that they're the people behind konosuba
Jan 2, 2020 3:29 PM

Oct 2015
Rakugo is one of the best anime of last decade and KonoSuba is pretty good too. Haven't seen much else from though.
Jan 2, 2020 5:50 PM
Oct 2019
Deen is the meme of animation studio in Japan.

Impossible deadlines while understaffed, pulling all-nighters the last 3 days just to get something out and pushing out whatever the final product is, regardless of quality.

I wouldn't say they are a bad studio per se, but they embody the bad culture that exists in this industry and it often shows in their animation work.

If you want proof open your favourite episode from your favourite Deen show right now, go through frame by frame and I promise you, you'll find frames that look like "This was obviously drawn in like 2 minutes by a sleep-deprived, malnourished, poor man" all over. (First and last episodes in seasons are usually, but not always, exempt to this rule)
Jan 2, 2020 5:58 PM

Mar 2016
Pretty sure they made at least the first season of Hell Girl and i loved that anime to bits. Except the last season which was a farce and whoever thought a 6 episode run of drab episodes plus 6 episodes of already aired shit in one season should be sent to hell themselves.

I like Hetalia tho and apparently they made the first season or so of that as well.

But from what everyones told me the new season of 7 deadly sins was shit. Like utter shit which made me not watch it just yet bc fuck me I cant take another bad season of an anime I love. Cough onepunchman cough

So yeah in my humble opinion I think theyre a mixed bag overall.
Jan 2, 2020 7:01 PM
Apr 2011
The only reason anyone thinks DEEN is bad is because mid 00s VNfags liked to complain about how bad their adaptations of Fate/Stay Night and Umineko supposedly were, even though that's what got most of them into VNs and the adaptation quality wasn't that far below average anyway. It's a stale meme that no one should take seriously
Jan 2, 2020 7:44 PM

Nov 2017
i dont say that i hate it, but the...
but the reality about the disaster is truth, so i can said much about why ppl had that studio
Now Loading.....
Jan 2, 2020 7:47 PM

Nov 2008
My only complaint about Deen is their animation mistakes...but they happen so quickly that you won't even notice the first time.

Sankarea's adaptation was a visual masterpiece though. Shame they didn't finish the story...but I can't praise Deen enough for that project.

Jan 2, 2020 7:50 PM

Nov 2008
Peaceful_Critic said:
Nerdanimefan1992 said:

All male characters in shoujo/yaoi/reverse harems/shounen ai
have no personality and are walking sex objects
What do you mean? Harems usually have the main lead lacking in personality. Whose fantasy is it to have no personality anime guys swoon after them? You don't even have either Fruits Basket nor Vampire Knight on your list.

Oh he CLEARLY has no idea what he is talking about. Lol Just ignore him.

Jan 2, 2020 8:50 PM
Jul 2018
Chiibi said:
Peaceful_Critic said:
What do you mean? Harems usually have the main lead lacking in personality. Whose fantasy is it to have no personality anime guys swoon after them? You don't even have either Fruits Basket nor Vampire Knight on your list.

Pretty late to the party there. That conversation ended months ago.
Jan 2, 2020 9:08 PM

Nov 2008
Peaceful_Critic said:
Chiibi said:

Well somebody keeps necro-ing threads; not my fault lol.

Jan 2, 2020 9:11 PM
Jul 2018
Chiibi said:
Peaceful_Critic said:

Well somebody keeps necro-ing threads; not my fault lol.
It's fine, not a big deal. I don't really care. The reply was just a surprise for me.
Jan 2, 2020 9:22 PM

Sep 2015
They were behind one of my favourite anime of all time (Shouwa Genruko Rakugo Shiniju) so I can't say they're bad. Haters gonna hate.
Jan 3, 2020 1:10 PM

Sep 2018
I don't really understand the hate for Studio Deen, they have produced a lot of anime over the last 40 years and some of it is good and some of it is bad, pretty much like any other studio.

Oh, evidently I fell for yet another necroed bait thread... I need to look at the dates before posting more often.
KristiwazhereJan 3, 2020 1:13 PM
Jan 12, 2020 5:38 PM
Jan 2020
just watch the seven deadly sins latest episode and you will hate the studio . for me they ruined one of my favorite anime so yeah they are so bad
Jan 13, 2020 1:40 PM

Aug 2013
Well look at the new Orphan anime by DEEN and how soulless and washed out everything looks. DEEN feels like people who produce anime, but don't really like to produce anime.
Just my recognition though.
Jan 13, 2020 1:43 PM

Nov 2016
They are a big Mixed bag.

They have done some of my favorites in their genre like Konosuba but they have also fucked up a lot of franchises like Fate, Umineko and recently NNT.

I still think there are studios I like less tho.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2020 6:32 AM
Oct 2019
*cough* *cough* seven deadly sins season 3 *cough* *cough*
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Hottest character from any of your Anime Favorites OR Character Favorites? (profile)

IpreferEcchi - Apr 16

23 by IpreferEcchi »»
1 minute ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Yesterday

22 by MichaelJackson »»
2 minutes ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7160 by machy871 »»
4 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst ( 1 2 )

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

55 by bakatora2016 »»
6 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 58 minutes ago

7 by LoveYourEyes »»
32 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.