New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 22, 2020 6:45 AM

Jan 2019
iS dEeN rEalLy tHaT bAd?
Hunter x Hunter is a 1/10
Jan 22, 2020 6:49 AM

Oct 2018
Looking through their list, they don’t seem so bad. Sure, there are many other studios that have better anime, but that’s just how it is. Even the best studios make bad anime (according to MAL scores) sometimes. They did Konosuba which is one of my favorites so maybe it’s a little bit of subjectivity there.

Edit: yeah Seven Deadly Sins is absolutely trash this season so...
Mar 25, 2020 10:55 AM
Mar 2020
Depois do que fizeram, simplesmente cagaram com uma obra tão bem feita como nanatsu no taizai, transformando a terceira temporada em um monte de rabisco sendo que até fosse feita por fãs era totalmente superior a um estúdio que além de ter vários funcionários não deram conta e tiveram que passar para um estúdio menor
Mar 25, 2020 10:57 AM

Jun 2019
No, I really like a lot of their work.

Mar 25, 2020 11:01 AM
Mar 2020
Depois que o estúdio deen fez uma baita cágada com a obra de nanatsu no taizai, pode se dizer que ele não é só ruim, ele leva toda ruindade em si mesmo sendo um estudio que tem vários funcionários que não deram conta e tiveram que passar para um estúdio menor; sendo assim mostrando a inferioridade até mesmo pelo fãs de nanatsu que faziam até melhor do que um estúdio desleixado como o deen, é realmente pra ficar com raiva de um estúdio que poderia ter pelo menos não aceitado fazer a terceira temporada e deixar para um outro estúdio que teria uma possível melhoria na qualidade, quem se contenta com pouco farelo come
Mar 25, 2020 11:32 AM

Jan 2014
this question is pointless, there is no "Studio Deen" just like there is no "Studio Madhouse" etc.. in the past? yeah sure you can see by the level of artists they had, today? no, recently in last years? no. Why? because Animation studios are all free lance/hire a team kinda thing, besides maybe Tohei or Kyoto Animation studios no other has a full hired staff, that's why you see shit drawing like in Nanatsu season 3, they hired people that probably were new with no to little experience, etc.. people may hate Studios/Companies but they are nothing more than a name, the people working there change a lot from one year to the next, so instead of hating a studio just hate/criticize the people involved in the anime you dislike.
Mar 26, 2020 2:42 AM
Mar 2020
The Seven Deadly Sins incident that happened during 2019 and 2020...
Mar 26, 2020 3:58 AM

Jul 2010
They have gaps, and the graphics are sometimes merged, but. Their anime certainly leaves something behind. Even if you are infuriated with homos, you will still remember them, even in a negative way.

I love DEEN's:
Rurouni Kenshin
Sekaiichi Hatsukoi/ Junjou Romantica
Ranma ½
Hetalia
Urusei Yatsura(my childhood!!)
Tenshi no Tamago(I gave my soul to this anime!)
Super Lovers
Umineko no Naku Koro ni
Princess Princess
Gravitation
Ou Dorobou Jing
May be some anime?
Mar 26, 2020 7:47 AM

Jun 2015
Deen are pretty epic. They used to be better, though.

πŸ’– 𝐼'𝓂 π’½π’Άπ“Žπ’Ήπ‘’π“ƒβ£ πŸ’–

⋆ Λšο½‘β‹†ΰ­¨ΰ­§Λš πŸ’ π’―π“Œπ’Ύπ“‰π“‰π‘’π“‡ πŸ’ π’΄π‘œπ“Šπ’―π“Šπ’·π‘’ πŸ’ Λšΰ­¨ΰ­§β‹†ο½‘Λš ⋆
πŸ’ π‘€π“ŽπΉπ’Ύπ‘”π“Šπ“‡π‘’π’žπ‘œπ“π“π‘’π’Έπ“‰π’Ύπ‘œπ“ƒ πŸ’
Mar 26, 2020 11:01 AM

Aug 2018
Verdandy said:
They have gaps, and the graphics are sometimes merged, but. Their anime certainly leaves something behind. Even if you are infuriated with homos, you will still remember them, even in a negative way.

I love DEEN's:
Rurouni Kenshin
Ranma ½
Hetalia
Super Lovers
Umineko no Naku Koro ni
Princess Princess
Gravitation
Ou Dorobou Jing

Cant believe the same studio who made Rurouni Kenshin and Tenshi no Tamago would make something like that 7 deadly sins episode which became massive laughing stock in the Anime community
Mar 26, 2020 11:03 AM

Sep 2018
Studio Deen was responsible for Angel's Egg and science has yet to explain it.
CHIMPKINGPINMar 27, 2020 6:35 AM
Mar 27, 2020 2:47 AM

Jul 2010
Ramy_Stereo said:
Studio Deen was responsible for Angel's Egg and science has yet to exyplain it.

However! To the point! I've been thinking about it, too.

Figva said:
Verdandy said:

I love DEEN's:
Rurouni Kenshin
Ranma ½
Hetalia
Super Lovers
Umineko no Naku Koro ni
Princess Princess
Gravitation
Ou Dorobou Jing

Cant believe the same studio who made Rurouni Kenshin and Tenshi no Tamago would make something like that 7 deadly sins episode which became massive laughing stock in the Anime community

I didn't watch this anime, but you prepared me!
May be some anime?
Mar 27, 2020 3:07 AM

Jan 2019
Remember their Fate Stay night? Look at the review on youtube lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2pDrrxzjFU
Mar 27, 2020 3:51 AM

Jun 2015
well they animated me pretty well

Mar 27, 2020 4:05 AM

Jun 2016
Mar 27, 2020 4:24 AM

Aug 2018
I like most of the stuff I've seen outside of the two I've dropped and their adaptions of Fate. I do wish they treated Ranma 1/2 and Rurouni Kenshin a lot better too though.
Mar 27, 2020 4:28 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
Figva said:
Verdandy said:

I love DEEN's:
Rurouni Kenshin
Ranma ½
Hetalia
Super Lovers
Umineko no Naku Koro ni
Princess Princess
Gravitation
Ou Dorobou Jing

Because they didn't, they passed Seven Deadly Sins on to another company.
Mar 27, 2020 4:42 AM
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
No, Studio Deen isn't bad, it just depends on the show, really.
Most of their works in the early 2000s like Jigoku Shoujo, Seitokai no Ichizon, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, or some more recent work like Megnebu!, Sakamoto Desu ka?, KonoSuba, Sankarea, Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? are all pretty good among some others. The only complaint I have is when there's a good adaptation going on like The Seven Deadly Sins, per example, and they ruin it with Still-Shots and janky animation, not to mention the subs that were pretty bad at first (though I realize that this last point as nothing to do with the studio, it's someone else's problem, but I just wanted to put it out there). So yeah, all in all, Studio Deen is in generally not a bad studio, it just depends on what they're working on, I guess.
Mar 27, 2020 4:46 AM
Mar 2020
Studio deen is hated so much because they ruined one of the most anticipated and "would be amazing fights" in anime history and turned it into some real piece of shit( In sds season 3 ) to be specific.
Mar 27, 2020 7:11 AM

Oct 2017
Pullman said:
They are definitely overhated. People in the anime community like to generalize and blow thing out of proportion so all it takes is one very visible bad example for them to condemn whole studios and their 30 years of history.

The reasons Deen is hated are mainly because of the old Fate adaptions, which was pretty bad, but then again FSN isn't very good to begin with imo and the new ufotable versions are way, way overrated. The second reason for their bad reputation is probably that they've been associated with mediocre to bad BL shows targeted at females in the 2000s. Ranging from bad shoujo like Vampire Knight to Yaoi bait like 07-Ghost or Hakuoki to actual Yaoi like Sekaiichi Hatsukoi and Junjou Romantica, and many more. When I first joined the anime community that was all I heard about Deen aside from people hating on their FSN version: They're a pure fujo studio.

It's not really true at this point and they made a ton of fantastic shows in recent years and pre-2000 so personally I don't have anything against them. There's many studios I like less, for example ufotable

I rare bad take from Pullman. Have you actually played FSN?
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Mar 27, 2020 8:45 AM

Jan 2013
YossaRedMage said:
Pullman said:
They are definitely overhated. People in the anime community like to generalize and blow thing out of proportion so all it takes is one very visible bad example for them to condemn whole studios and their 30 years of history.

The reasons Deen is hated are mainly because of the old Fate adaptions, which was pretty bad, but then again FSN isn't very good to begin with imo and the new ufotable versions are way, way overrated. The second reason for their bad reputation is probably that they've been associated with mediocre to bad BL shows targeted at females in the 2000s. Ranging from bad shoujo like Vampire Knight to Yaoi bait like 07-Ghost or Hakuoki to actual Yaoi like Sekaiichi Hatsukoi and Junjou Romantica, and many more. When I first joined the anime community that was all I heard about Deen aside from people hating on their FSN version: They're a pure fujo studio.

It's not really true at this point and they made a ton of fantastic shows in recent years and pre-2000 so personally I don't have anything against them. There's many studios I like less, for example ufotable

Lmao come on, just let it go mah dude.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Mar 27, 2020 8:51 AM

Oct 2017
Cabron said:
YossaRedMage said:

Lmao come on, just let it go mah dude.

Hm? Maybe the "actually" gave the wrong impression? I'm not triggered or looking for an argument, and I even pointed out that it was a "rare" bad take (imo of course) because I wanted to make it clear I respect Pullman and was actually curious as to whether he had played the VN.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Jun 7, 2020 6:49 PM
Apr 2019
I only really hate them for fucking up one of the best animes ever seven deadly sins
Sep 8, 2020 2:19 PM
Anime Moderator
May 2018
Overall their art is decent to bad, but they're still one of my favorite studios because I'm a huge apologist for them. They're the studio I've watched the most of too, so that has to say something.

With stuff like Higurashi and Fate, yes you can find funny still frames of animation but overall in motion it looks fine. Higurashi actually looks a lot better than I remember rewatching some scenes (to compare them to the new anime coming out).

Ofc they're gonna be hated forever now because of SDS (even though they outsourced it to hell and back due to Aniplex).
Sep 8, 2020 2:22 PM

Mar 2018
Studio Deen, in my opinion, does three things very well: boy love, historical, and comedy. Anything beyond that, and I'm heavily skeptical. I really won't forgive them for their butchering of FSN and Fruits Basket, though. Doesn't mean they're the worst.
Sep 8, 2020 2:24 PM
Nov 2019
Fate/stay night, The Unlimited Blade Works movie, Higurashi (S1) and Konosuba are the only anime I've seen by Studio Deen up to this point.

Konosuba had its ups and downs but it was good for the most part.

Higurashi was very interesting, havent played the VN but I presume they put several different routes into one season, which was pretty entertaining and there was a good focus on all the characters.

Fate/Stay Night however, while being disliked by most Fate fans, I found really enjoyable, and now after reading the VN I found it to still be a good watch, even though there is filler and left some important stuff out. I've even thought of rewatching it just due to the beautiful soundtrack.

Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works movie wasn't that bad, given that they had to condense a 25+ hour route into 1 hour and 40 mins. Mainly the only things they put into the movie were all the action scenes, but they were still very entertaining.

So from what I've seen, Deen isn't all that bad. Then again, I've only seen 4 anime made by them.
Sep 8, 2020 2:26 PM

Jan 2020
Nah, I like Studio Deen. They usually create great adaptations.
Nov 14, 2020 11:39 PM

Sep 2020
Whatsup with Nanatai S3 the blood are fuckin white wtf,Its Nanatsu no Taizai cmon man..
Nov 15, 2020 2:10 AM

Aug 2017
I'm 50/50, they made good stuff like Konosuba or terrible stuff like The Unlimited Blade Works movie.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 29, 2021 11:59 AM
May 2018
The thing that people can’t understand it, that there is nothing such as a good studio or bad studio, because the series quality depends on the team work of animators and the time and the budget, that’s why we see bad works and good works from all studios.
Apr 29, 2021 9:16 PM

Jan 2020
eh. They made rakugo, higurash and kenshin

Apr 29, 2021 9:23 PM

Sep 2020
nope,kenshin and konosuba are good stuff(especially epic battle in s2)
Apr 30, 2021 7:10 AM

Mar 2015
They made Pupa, no way Deen could ever be called bad.
Sep 12, 2021 3:21 AM

Jan 2020
So-Intense said:
You mean they were bad. Now they just create masterpieces.

it's the opposite lol
they can't make something like patlabor or read or die even after the 2010s dried their budgets
Sep 12, 2021 3:28 AM

Jan 2020
emraanash said:
I don't like their animation, they are very poor quality...

they made trust and betrayal and a lot of patlabor and also read or die and those have all around pretty good animation so......
Sep 12, 2021 3:30 AM

Jan 2020
haydenluvsanime said:
Deen are pretty epic. They used to be better, though.

yeah
never could've said it any better myself
Sep 12, 2021 3:31 AM

Jan 2020

ruruoni kenshin and hell girl are pretty well animated though
Sep 12, 2021 3:34 AM

Jan 2021
They made sakura trick so no not really
Just watch anime instead of looking at forums
Sep 12, 2021 3:48 AM
Jan 2018
Just the fact that they made Rakugo, Rurouni Kenshin and Higurashi would put them above Kyoto Animation for me but yes they are that bad.
Sep 12, 2021 3:49 AM
Dec 2020
I think studio deen isn't as bad as they say, for example, Konosuba's visuals are really really good.
Sep 12, 2021 3:59 AM

Feb 2020
Maybe, but I still liked Ongaku Shoujo a lot.
Sep 12, 2021 8:01 AM

Dec 2018
Well they have made a lot of anime I have zero interest in watching

But they have also made Sakura Trick

Sakura Trick is one of the greatest anime ever made on this earth IMO

Two lesbians kissing each other all day long,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

It's brilliant!! A studio that has created something that beautiful is something I don't consider as bad. And I think there are a lot of studios that are worst than Deen

Yuri-CrusaderSep 12, 2021 8:04 AM
Oct 7, 2021 8:25 PM
Sep 2021
Short_Circut said:
Deen isn't that bad, they've made some pretty good shows like Showa Rakugo or Konosuba.

The real bad studio imo is Diomedea
You go criticizing Diomedea yet can't criticize Pierrot. Pierrot is shit man. Never heard of Diomedea, but I may have seen one or two of their works and they all bad.
Oct 8, 2021 9:20 AM

Aug 2020
I have yet to watch something that I thought was bad from Studio Deen so they're fine in my opinion

γ€Œ 𝕂𝕖π•ͺ π•₯𝕙𝕒π•₯ π•™π•šπ••π•–π•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕀 𝕠𝕗 π••π•’π•£π•œπ•Ÿπ•–π•€π•€, 𝕀𝕙𝕠𝕨 π•žπ•– π•ͺ𝕠𝕦𝕣 π•₯𝕣𝕦𝕖 π•—π• π•£π•ž 」

Oct 8, 2021 9:32 AM

Feb 2010
Studio seen is just as bad as JC staff. Some times they do a good job but most the time we get rushed and butchered adaptations.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 8, 2021 6:55 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Rakugo and Kenshin are incredibly good, enough that I can forgive just about everything else they have done.
Oct 20, 2021 3:52 AM
Jul 2018
It is a good studio. I enjoyed their shows much more than I did from other studios like Gainax or Trigger. They do butcher visual novel adaptation tho.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

180 by Shizuna »»
2 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

96 by DigiCat »»
7 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

23 by Ex-Aid »»
8 minutes ago

» Is "Magnetic Rose" considered a masterpiece?

Alpha_1_Zero - 18 minutes ago

0 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
18 minutes ago

» Have you ever come across anime-related fakes?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

11 by Ex-Aid »»
29 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.