Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 16, 2019 2:59 PM

Sep 2014
Now this is a series that doesn't have a single weak episode. Pretty much all episodes are rated 5/5 by at least 85% of the voters. Great episode as usual.
Mar 16, 2019 3:00 PM

Mar 2013
Funniest and cutest episode so far.
VAs doing a top notch job as has been said.
Mar 16, 2019 3:04 PM

Oct 2015
I don't hate Chika but sorry she is ruined this episode for me :( .
Mar 16, 2019 3:54 PM

Jan 2017
Fantastic episode as always, but I want to draw attention to two points in particular.

The first is Fujiwara channeling her inner parrot with a mighty squawk when told the others would be going to the festival without her.

The second will need to be in spoiler tags.

Mar 16, 2019 3:59 PM

Feb 2018
Maurice_5 said:
Fantastic episode as always, but I want to draw attention to two points in particular.

The first is Fujiwara channeling her inner parrot with a mighty squawk when told the others would be going to the festival without her.

I'm in the middle of rewatching and was about to post something about this spoiler tag hahahaha

Mar 16, 2019 4:07 PM

Sep 2011
Maurice_5 said:

yeah I love how this series slips in foreshadowing and teases of future events like that into seemingly minor or comedic moments. Its one of the reasons I hold the series in such high regard outside of just being funny, pres, ishigami, and kaguya have a nice level of depth because of it.

I do think fujiwara will get similar one day, everyone is always quick to point out how selfish and mean she is but I fully expect that to be given some context in the future to make things less mean spirited. I mean I also think people are exagerating that side of her too, shes mean but shes not like cruel or anything, I dont think her relationship with kaguya had been portrayed as anything but genuine and theres enough monents to illustrate that she doesnt wish ill will on pres or Ishigami despite not liking them much. Plus its mostly for comedy anyway.
JizzyHitlerMar 16, 2019 4:14 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 16, 2019 4:13 PM
Feb 2019
This is the first time ever I want to blame Fujiwara due to her interrupts on that shortcake-moments. xD
Mar 16, 2019 4:14 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
thevagus said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

wtf?

bigger chest has never meant best girl

Well if you are not talking about chest then chika got nothing on kaguya. Just look at how she blushes

sorry to say i disagree, cause her personality is way to adorable

HereticHunter said:

Also, unrelated but... @EcchiGodMamsterP your signature is really distracting :0 Ahhhhhh ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

ssssshhhhhh.....

all you have to do is fap
Mar 16, 2019 4:55 PM

Jun 2014
Birdsanddrugs said:
This is pure nightmare fuel...

Combined with your signature too... it's perfect.
Mar 16, 2019 5:37 PM

Dec 2013
Those two fighting over the cake was hilarious.

Fujiwara was the best part of the episode for me.
Mar 16, 2019 5:58 PM

May 2018
This is the 2nd time Fujiwara lost it, but that's her fault to made too much schedule. While Ishigami is a savior this week, he indirectly help our favourite couple to be together.

Shinomiya ask for suggestion from Kashiwagi, but I wonder why Shirogane didn't ask it from her boyfriend, and instead he ask it to Ishigami with zero love experience.

Best scene this week: Shinomiya's pouting, Shinomiya's multiple "o kawaii koto".

What are you doing, Maki ? There is only Kashiwagi this week.
Mar 16, 2019 6:34 PM
Jun 2016
i hate chika so much from the cake segment, but my boy ishigami in the end love love love...!
Mar 16, 2019 7:09 PM

Jul 2017
Saint Ishigami. I love the guy so much.
あなたは誰?
Mar 16, 2019 7:13 PM

Nov 2017
Everyone went ‘Nani’ when Shirogane went ‘Nani’. Also Ishigami is too real for this show lol. 3/5 ep

That’s a beautiful fucking hallway right there damn

wow nice shot, 2 under construction towers. my guess is that the tower in front is about 140m high already and the one in the back about 180m

plz @ me
Mar 16, 2019 7:20 PM

Nov 2016
"Breathing is fun"

Yes, I agree.

Mar 16, 2019 7:47 PM

Apr 2018
Oh love me mister. This was a good episode.
Mar 16, 2019 7:51 PM

Aug 2014
There's not a single thing to complain about this adaptation. The animation, character expressions, effects, the VAs, progression from the manga, everything just... works. Unless they really mess it up with the next arc (which I really doubt), this will be hands down AOTS to me.

Maurice_5 said:

Yeah, I also immediately made that "connection" in my head when I saw it. The animation and how the VA changed the tone on his voice really caught me off guard. I even thought that maybe they changed his dialogue compared to the manga, so I went back to that chapter and confirmed those lines are there. The anime just made it better (again).
Mar 16, 2019 8:34 PM

Jun 2015
ishigami's voice actor is so freaking good, i absolutely loved the man to man advice scene with him there.
touching the lips though.. we almost there boys
Mar 16, 2019 8:41 PM
Jan 2019
Can someone tell me what's the music during the last segment when Ishigami said what he said to Chika? I'm sure I heard it somewhere else, but I can't find it.
Mar 16, 2019 10:14 PM

Mar 2019
Ishigami shutting down Chika was the best thing ever. His straightforwardness cut straight through Chika's BS. All hail Ishigami.
I honestly have no idea what I'm supposed to type here.
*imitates an old man*
"Back in my day, we used to write our names fancy when they asked our signature!"
Mar 16, 2019 10:16 PM

Mar 2019
dindasmart said:
i hate chika so much from the cake segment, but my boy ishigami in the end love love love...!

Yes, all hail Ishigami, best boi
I honestly have no idea what I'm supposed to type here.
*imitates an old man*
"Back in my day, we used to write our names fancy when they asked our signature!"
Mar 16, 2019 11:29 PM

Dec 2014
the absurdity of this show really gets me... fujiwara gets owned...how cruel is she...hmmm
I am sad that only 2 episodes are left...
Mar 16, 2019 11:44 PM

Oct 2015
The VAs went all out this episode. This show just keeps getting better and better. Sad that there's only two episodes left.
Mar 17, 2019 12:00 AM

Mar 2013
Watching it again, Fujiwara was an asshole this whole episode. Feels like she's gotten more obnoxious as the show goes on actually.

She ruined the cake eating scene (in a bad way), and almost ruined their vacation plans. At least she was BTFO by Ishigami, which was satisfying.
Mar 17, 2019 12:00 AM

Dec 2015
Ishigami was the MVP this time!
Mar 17, 2019 12:39 AM

Mar 2019
This show has surprised me so much, another hilarious episode. Ishigami was so funny talking to Shirogane about what happened. The scene in the hallway was sweet as well.
Mar 17, 2019 1:01 AM

Jun 2008
Ishigami da REAL MVP!!

Get fucked Chika!

Next ep should be great, looking forward to it!
Mar 17, 2019 3:50 AM

Mar 2016
Ishigami is too funny. His reactions to Shirogane's story were so aggressive.

The writer is really creative to be able to come up with the weirdest arguments. They went from 'you can have this cake' to "prove that cakes can't talk".

Fujiwara made Shinomiya look like a character from Asobi Asobase. hahaha.

Ishigami and Fujiwara mutually hurt each other. That was just brilliant!! Ishigami really helped Shirogane and Kaguya without realising.
Mar 17, 2019 4:10 AM

Apr 2016

Love how they animated this scene. XD
Mar 17, 2019 5:16 AM

Feb 2014
It's kind of hard to believe that Miyuki and Kaguya would have a 1 HOUR stand-off with them trying to make the other eat the delicious strawberry shortcake, but they did and it was hilarious as usual. Along comes the friend police, Fujiwara, and proceeds to eat two bites of the cake for herself.

After their defeat, both Miyuki and Kaguya went for some love advice. Kaguya went to ask Kashiwagi and Miyuki went to ask Ishigami. Kaguya was super adorable as she agreed with Kashiwagi's many points and questions, but Ishigami was simply the MVP for this segment. Not only was his arguments were better, but his crazy emphasis on his words just made his reactions so awesome and memorable. ^_^

Not to forget, the way that Miyuki admitted to Kaguya that he did use his fingers to touch her lips was brave, but I wasn't expecting Kaguya to do the same in return. That was an incredibly sweet moment! X3

The last segment was also amazing, too. Chika's Summer schedule made it hard for everyone to try and choose an event that they can all visit together and the Summer festival was their chosen event to go to. Chika was the harbinger of bad news as she would be at the Tomato festival in Spain on that day and didn't want the others to go without her.

In response to this, Ishigami told her bluntly that he, Miyuki and Kaguya would still go to the festival without her and he simply bludgeoned Chika with his truthful reasons as to why her request was selfish. Chika started crying and ran out of the council room, but Ishigami, for once, was the winner here, with Miyuki and Kaguya backing by saying that he was in the right. About damn time, too! XD

There's no denying that the upcoming festival arc has been hyped up by the manga readers here for some time now, so while I'll keep by expectations in check, I do hope that the last two episodes WILL meet and possibly even exceed their high expectations. =P
Mar 17, 2019 6:14 AM

Oct 2017
Another great episode! The cake scene was sooo cute uwu and omg Ishigami on point well done man.

I want you to be happy.
I want you to laugh a lot.
I don’t know what exactly
I’ll be able to do for you,
but I’ll always be by your side.
Mar 17, 2019 6:23 AM

Sep 2011
Meta_Yoshi said:

There's no denying that the upcoming festival arc has been hyped up by the manga readers here for some time now, so while I'll keep by expectations in check, I do hope that the last two episodes WILL meet and possibly even exceed their high expectations. =P
I think its been overhyped to the point that it wont have as much impact if your expecting much so definetly lessen expectations cause its not gonna be this groundbreaking monent like some of us has painted it as.

But it should still end it in a nice note that will be satisfying enough regardless of whether this gets more seasons or not which im a bit skeptical of at the current moment.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 17, 2019 7:42 AM

Feb 2018
Ishigami still destroying with facts
Mar 17, 2019 9:38 AM

Feb 2017
nice to see dat critical hit to the annoying chika

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Mar 17, 2019 10:13 AM

Nov 2007
Mohammadalmannai said:
VAs in this anime really deserve a lot of praise for making their roles irreplaceable, especially Ishigami and Kaguya

You are not gonna mention Narrator-san? He was the pick of the episode for me!

bluez_kun said:
Fujiwara's going to Hawaii and to the Tomatinas? Just who are her parents to afford all this??

Her father is a very powerful political figure.

The only two from a low income family in the story are our Prez and Kei (Prez's sweet lil' sister "AND DON'T SAY CRAP").

Most are from either extremely rich or influential families or families with strong heritages while a few from at least solvent families. This information was covered by our very capable Narrator-san in the earlier episodes.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 17, 2019 11:35 AM
Jan 2019
Ishigami, the love guru. All an expert. LOL. "If men are wolves, they are snakes" 😂.
Mar 17, 2019 12:52 PM

Dec 2012
Chika and Ishigami they are saving this show
Mar 17, 2019 1:13 PM

Nov 2018
Ishigami made Chika cry was the best part. :P
Mar 17, 2019 1:16 PM

Mar 2019
this anime make me heart so warm... ^_^
little fujiwarre this epp T____T me chika-channn~
kaguya and kaicho so cute together LOLol
fujiwar need take me to spain ^.^
next ep fireworks?? :o excited 9.9/10
Mar 17, 2019 1:54 PM

Apr 2012
That part where both of them were about to feed each other cake was similar to a wedding tradition.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 17, 2019 2:18 PM

Jul 2014
Fantastically funny episode, particularly that last battle (that image of the bombardment of "How cute" was absolutely fantastic). That aside, I remember hearing a lot of people mention that the fireworks is a turning point for the show, so could it be that they're aiming to end the season with that if that's the case?
Mar 17, 2019 4:09 PM

Aug 2018
How does A1 make each episode better than the previous one, IT'S INCREDIBLE !

I was laughing my ass-off during Ishigami's speech about Kaguya being a slut just because he reads a lot of romcom (which is meta as hell). This guy plays PUBG before a very important test, WHEN THE HECK you ask him for love advices ? OUR GUY is dope.

AND WE GOT PROGRESSION OF THEIR RELATIONSHIP ! This was one of the cutest couple moment in the show not gonna lie. Touching each others lips isn't that much of a confession but it's still something for our protagonists.

I don't know why this show has less people watching on MAL than Dororo but meh, not complaining.

5/5 Not enough Chika (french flag for the first break to give me a boner)

Mar 17, 2019 6:45 PM
Mar 2015
They actually settled The bed the cake and the summer festival Fireworks to look forward to
Mar 17, 2019 8:26 PM

Dec 2016
I have to admit... that fight with the slice of cake was very scary to watch ºwº" but if it wasn't for Chika, I dunno what might happen XD other than that, It was a great episode! ^^

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Mar 17, 2019 8:28 PM

Sep 2017
Ishigami was great this episode with his ranting about Kaguya. That was hilarious. I'm looking forward to the summer festival, but hopefully Chika will make her way there as well.
Mar 18, 2019 1:09 AM

Dec 2017
Such a great episode (as usual)!
Ishigami feels like an outsider, watching and commenting on the series itself. XD
Seeing Miyuki and Kaguya's relationship blooming ever so subtly surely is heart-warming. ♡
Oh, and no Hayasaka this episode :(

Seems like some people throwing out hints here and there about the upcoming arc, and that it would be grand. :/
I hope the studio could deliver the show to live up with the big hype. Looking forward to it...
PurpleGirl203 said:
I have to admit... that fight with the slice of cake was very scary to watch ºwº" but if it wasn't for Chika, I dunno what might happen XD other than that, It was a great episode! ^^
If Chika were to come in there several seconds later, it would have been like she finding out the two in the act of intimacy (feeding the cake to each other) like lovers do, and finally discovered their war of love. Well, frankly, I don't get why the self-proclaimed Love Detective Chika haven't found out about them yet at this point.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 18, 2019 2:40 AM

Feb 2018
it has no right being this good , This episode was gold from start to finish , also Ishigami is slowly becoming my favorite character .

AdrianRubinsky said:
They are going to finish with the festival arc. I can't be more happy.

Maybe with a S2 announcement at the end would be even better.

I really hope so , that would make my whole year .
7soMar 18, 2019 12:37 PM
Mar 18, 2019 2:47 AM
Jun 2017
i super love this episode... definitely one of my favorites (aside from last week), that part 1 and 2 were my favorites in this one...

part 1: the cake... i mean its going to be a very sweet one until chika came..

part 2: the advice part... actually many can relate here as we have seen how a girl and a boy thinks about the certain problem. it has one main problem but they have different ways on how they view it...

that last part where she touch or pointed at his lips are so sweet!!!! super love that....

part 3: ISHIGAMI is the mvp... he is the one who have make way for them to have that summer festival...

BE READY NEXT WEEK.... THIS WILL BE ANOTHER SURE SWEET AND EXCITING EPISODE!!!
Mar 18, 2019 2:47 AM
Jun 2017
i super love this episode... definitely one of my favorites (aside from last week), that part 1 and 2 were my favorites in this one...

part 1: the cake... i mean its going to be a very sweet one until chika came..

part 2: the advice part... actually many can relate here as we have seen how a girl and a boy thinks about the certain problem. it has one main problem but they have different ways on how they view it...

that last part where she touch or pointed at his lips are so sweet!!!! super love that....

part 3: ISHIGAMI is the mvp... he is the one who have make way for them to have that summer festival...

BE READY NEXT WEEK.... THIS WILL BE ANOTHER SURE SWEET AND EXCITING EPISODE!!!
Mar 18, 2019 3:52 AM

Jun 2014
Okay so is this going to be the same thing over and over again until the show ends? If that's the case then this show would be pretty disappointing. Just imagine binge-watching the mess that is literally the same gag for 5 hours in one sitting lmao.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2019

296 by Intter »»
Apr 14, 11:26 AM

» Misattribution of arousal

egosumjohn - Apr 7

11 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 14, 11:13 AM

» I laugh as hard in this series as gintama 🤣

Jannie7 - Mar 31

38 by xDemi »»
Apr 1, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2019

246 by DevilsMayMew »»
Apr 1, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2019

260 by DevilsMayMew »»
Apr 1, 1:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.