Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Detective Conan Chapter 1031 Discussion

Mar 15, 6:30 PM

THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
OOF,
killing yourself to complete your revenge,
TBH, given they shown how dumb these people were at thinking about the future, i highly doubt the police would have bought this dude could commit the perfect crime.
also ofc koumei says nothing to amuro SMFH
still better than sera's case so its ok

break until 10th april
reeeeeeeee
fcking homura and shinobu banner 1 month apart

Mar 18, 6:48 PM

Meh, another crimespree that was commited because of a misunderstanding due to a huge lack of communication. Instead of asking his victims the most important question ("why did you throw the game"), he just killed them without knowing the truth.

Gosh that was such a waste which could have been avoided by a direct question... and he even had planned to kill himself lmao.

Mar 18, 11:20 PM

So we all guessed the murderer. And Aoyama-sensei actually played with us before his reveal. It made me think that RUM is also obviously shown instead of discreet.

Mar 19, 4:06 AM

Otorez said:
Meh, another crimespree that was commited because of a misunderstanding due to a huge lack of communication. Instead of asking his victims the most important question ("why did you throw the game"), he just killed them without knowing the truth.

Gosh that was such a waste which could have been avoided by a direct question... and he even had planned to kill himself lmao.

still less stupid than the kendo case
where the dad killed the ref cause his son was a fcking wimp that killed himself after he lost a kendo match
reeeeeeeee

Mar 19, 5:15 AM

Golden_Scarlett said:

where the dad killed the ref cause his son was a fcking wimp that killed himself after he lost a kendo match

I don't even remember which chapters covered this part. Do you remember those ? I would gladly take a look to determine which story was dumber lol
Modified by Otorez, Mar 19, 5:18 AM

Mar 19, 5:27 AM

Otorez said:
Golden_Scarlett said:

I don't even remember which chapters covered this part. Do you remember those ? I would gladly take a look to determine which story was dumber lol

https://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/The_Kendo_Tournament_of_Love_and_Mystery
the chapters are listed in manga source, obviously
reeeeeeeee

Mar 19, 6:01 AM

Ok I read the Kendo tournament's chapters. Honestly I found this arc less retarded than the one we initially talked about. I mean, on my left side you have a father whose son committed suicide : he could have asked the referee what happened precisely but blinded with hatred, he still killed him to pretendly avenge his own son.

On my right side, you have a guy who's friend with someone who committed suicide (if I remember correctly, they were just good friends, not BFF, family related or anything deeper than a regular friendship) and managed to kill everybody pretendly involved in his suicide.

They both decided to ignore reason (aka asking normally & directly to get answers) but at the end, the father was surely broken by his son's suicide, which I think is much harder than a regular friend's suicide. When the other guy just wanted to avenge his comrade... He could have just confronted the 3 guys to make them confess the very not complicated truth, but somehow he thought murdering was better lol

Out of subject but... it was so weird seeing the anime pictures on the Wiki. I watched Detective Conan years & years ago (I won't start again though) and it felt so incredible that it is still ongoing, following a 1 week/episode rythm.

Mar 19, 6:11 AM

Otorez said:

Ok I read the Kendo tournament's chapters. Honestly I found this arc less retarded than the one we initially talked about. I mean, on my left side you have a father whose son committed suicide : he could have asked the referee what happened precisely but blinded with hatred, he still killed him to pretendly avenge his own son.

On my right side, you have a guy who's friend with someone who committed suicide (if I remember correctly, they were just good friends, not BFF, family related or anything deeper than a regular friendship) and managed to kill everybody pretendly involved in his suicide.

They both decided to ignore reason (aka asking normally & directly to get answers) but at the end, the father was surely broken by his son's suicide, which I think is much harder than a regular friend's suicide. When the other guy just wanted to avenge his comrade... He could have just confronted the 3 guys to make them confess the very not complicated truth, but somehow he thought murdering was better lol

Out of subject but... it was so weird seeing the anime pictures on the Wiki. I watched Detective Conan years & years ago (I won't start again though) and it felt so incredible that it is still ongoing, following a 1 week/episode rythm.

mean tbh
those 3 kinda deserve it
if gosho wanted us to feel sympathy for any of them, 2 of them could have been less dickish in general

tho yea
honestly, lets go through those 3 people's logic for a moment
so, because you suck, you end up straining this guy's shoulder beyond repair
so somehow, it never cross their mind to tell anyone, or even annouce that this dude has an injury, which you would normally do,
and somehow threw the game and not just forfeit like
dude...
even if this guy shoulder was repaired, you fucked his record up beyond believe already

honestly if you ask me, even if they were to say the truth, i would have still murdered them :>

also IMO, its less stupid because
1. this guy understood the consequence of his action already, even if he didnt look like it, sure it was a self serving reason but at the very least, he was ready to die for his crime, (talking about current case)
2. im sorry but i just cant get over how losing a kendo match that you could have appealed for is worth suicide (the kendo case)

but this is just my view of it anyways
reeeeeeeee

Mar 19, 7:26 AM

Golden_Scarlett said:

mean tbh
those 3 kinda deserve it
if gosho wanted us to feel sympathy for any of them, 2 of them could have been less dickish in general

tho yea
honestly, lets go through those 3 people's logic for a moment
so, because you suck, you end up straining this guy's shoulder beyond repair
so somehow, it never cross their mind to tell anyone, or even annouce that this dude has an injury, which you would normally do,
and somehow threw the game and not just forfeit like
dude...
even if this guy shoulder was repaired, you fucked his record up beyond believe already

honestly if you ask me, even if they were to say the truth, i would have still murdered them :>

also IMO, its less stupid because
1. this guy understood the consequence of his action already, even if he didnt look like it, sure it was a self serving reason but at the very least, he was ready to die for his crime, (talking about current case)
2. im sorry but i just cant get over how losing a kendo match that you could have appealed for is worth suicide (the kendo case)

but this is just my view of it anyways

Well true, the current case featured characters you can't really get empathy for : indeed, it must have looked like they gaveaway the game intentionnally and its result was someone committing suicide (a mix of coincidences coming at once). They kinda hid the truth for purpose, so that they would be released of any suspicion despite they purely knew why the other guy hung himself. That would surely have been much better if they told everyone what happened, but appearently they decided not... so in my opinion they are not fully responsible on their friend's death but they surely could have helped him to get through his personal issue.

It can be such a huge disappointment to miss great opportunities (including future ones because his injury actually penalized him definitely) but if you fall so deep that you think taking your own life is the solution... well it kinda means that things were not really great before.

In fact, both victims committed suicide after loosing important matches (baseball / kendo) so I might be harsh saying that but it shown me they were either mentally weak (taking your life for a non-professionnal activity which is supposed to represent a hobby) or just too involved in their sports. I already lost some races or missed great opportunities (such as going to a nationa competition) but I never thought about killing myself, even if the disappointment was hella huge. When you arrive to the point suicide appears as a solution, there has to be a deeper problem that - it seems - no one had noticed in both cases.

About the current case where the guy was ready to die after his crimes : you see it an understanding state of mind where he accepted his upcomingsentence (though he would not be sentenced to death). I don't share this point of view, to me he accomplished his holy mission - killing the dudes who made his friend taking his life over - and he had nothing else to do but eaving this world. That is the retarded part, because we already know the injured baseball player was just a friend, not a lover or someone extremely important. I would understand if a man or a woman decided to kill his/her lover's murderer and then commits suicide because his/her life remains blank. But not for a friend; I mean friendships can be extremely strong of course but it wasn't the case there. So killing yourself (even if he survives, he will end up his life in a jail I guess) for someone who isn't that close to you... meh such a waste

Mar 19, 7:33 AM

thats the final arc
the reason people commit suicide after such minute things is caused they were influenced by something related to the black org
and they are the mastermind behind everything
:> :> :> :>
reeeeeeeee

Mar 19, 12:42 PM

It really sounds like a hidden battle to control the world lol, such as black organization vs illuminatis

Mar 29, 1:00 AM

Golden_Scarlett and Otorez, are you guys talking about weaponizing suicide culture?

Anyway I liked the art, liked the cypher code itself also liked how the detective from Nagano is going deeper into the mystery of his bothers assassination but the rest was kind of meh. More of a Kindaichi type of case than Conan's.

Mar 29, 1:02 AM

alshu said:
Golden_Scarlett and Otorez, are you guys talking about weaponizing suicide culture?

Anyway I liked the art, liked the cypher code itself also liked how the detective from Nagano is going deeper into the mystery of his bothers assassination but the rest was kind of meh. More of a Kindaichi type of case than Conan's.

mean, idk what i ripped it from, but i remember that was from a mystery i read about so
reeeeeeeee