Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu' Gets Anime Adaptation

New
Mar 15, 2019 3:00 AM

Nov 2007

Story writer Rifujin na Magonote announced via his Twitter account that an anime adaptation for his Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu light novel series has been decided. More information will be revealed later.

Synopsis
Killed while saving a stranger from a traffic collision, a 34-year-old NEET is reincarnated into a world of magic as Rudeus Greyrat, a newborn baby. With knowledge, experience, and regrets from his previous life retained, Rudeus vows to lead a fulfilling life and not repeat his past mistakes.

Now gifted with a tremendous amount of magical power as well as the mind of a grown adult, Rudeus is seen as a genius in the making by his new parents. Soon, he finds himself studying under powerful warriors, such as his swordsman father and a mage named Roxy Migurdia—all in order to hone his apparent talents. But despite his innocent exterior, Rudeus is still a perverted otaku, who uses his wealth of knowledge to make moves on women whom he could never make in his previous life. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Rifujin na Magonote wrote the light novel series via Shousetsuka ni Narou website from November 2012 to April 2015. Kadokawa has released the light novel series under the Media Factory imprint with art by Sirotaka since January 2014, and 20 volumes have been released as of January 25. It made repeated appearances on the site's rankings as the most popular work during its serialization. A manga version, drawn by Yuka Fujikawa, has been serialized via Comic Flapper magazine since the June 2014 issue. MF Comic Flapper series imprint will release the 10th compiled volume on March 23. The Roxy spin-off manga series, drawn by Shouko Iwami, started its serialization via ComicWalker in December 2017, and two physical volumes have been released as of last September. Kadokawa also released a 4-koma manga of the series via Comic Dengeki Daiouji since last October. A drama CD was released last April, featuring Hiro Shimono as Rudeus.

Seven Seas Entertainment is publishing the light novels in English. The first physical volume is set to ship on May 21 with an early digital release on April 4. Seven Seas Entertainment has also been publishing the manga adaptation of the novel since 2015. Its ninth volume is scheduled to be released on August 20, while the English physical volume release of the Roxy spin-off manga will debut on April 30.

Source: Comic Natalie

Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu on MAL
tsubasaloverMar 25, 2019 6:45 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 15, 2019 3:10 AM

Oct 2015
been hearing a lot of good things about this. Looking forward to this despite it being isekai
Mar 15, 2019 3:15 AM

Jul 2015
i heard so many good things about this serie

too bad it's a harem ...
skip
Mar 15, 2019 3:17 AM

Jul 2016
This the most requested LN adaption to anime by LN community. So curious to see this animated.
chriskor022Mar 15, 2019 3:23 AM

Mar 15, 2019 3:22 AM

Aug 2015
Oh god. There's a lot I disliked about Mushoku Tensei, but even more that I loved. I can only pray this is going to be a good adaption. While it definitely contains the usual power fantasy, unlike the usual trash it does go beyond that and tells a very good story.
Mar 15, 2019 3:57 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Let's see how many will be in the hyped side and how many will be in the 'another isekai thrash again' side.
Mar 15, 2019 4:08 AM

Aug 2017
I'll give it a try. I'm not too much hyped but could be a big surprise.
Mar 15, 2019 4:09 AM

Mar 2015
the actual father of isekai. too bad it's already lost it's novelity during it's time, so i don't know how it will received. not to mention it's pretty damn long. so i don't know how it will even works.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 15, 2019 4:19 AM

Mar 2012
Never manage to read the big name like this or Spider and Slime even back in my LN spree day. Just cannot muster enough some will to read those.

Slime didn't manage to make me read LN since with each episode it lost most of the novelty and I don't think this too will manage to make me read it considering a lot of talk that it progressively get worst latter. Still gonna watch it though.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Mar 15, 2019 4:24 AM

Dec 2018
OK, but I will not be excited, until I see the studio, the cast and the length of episodes because this will depend a lot on how they adapt, since it will be very difficult for them to do it well considering how long the introduction to the story, it would be very bad that they will skip their childhood, the way he tried to get where he is, all this in order to go to action and fights. already grown, with his harem already formed.

i heard so many good things about this serie

too bad it's a harem ...
skip

It will be a harem, but he took years to get his harem (only 3 girls should clarify) unlike the rest of harem where girls fall in love with the protagonist in a couple of hours or days just because he saved their lives, Rudeus instead work for it in many ways and showed affection towards them.
Mar 15, 2019 4:33 AM

Aug 2015
Oh Yes

I was waiting for almost 5 years in the hope to see one of my favourite series to get an anime adaptation and Now, my hope did come true

One of the best isekai is finally getting an anime adaptation

Mar 15, 2019 4:34 AM

Aug 2014
EGOIST said:
been hearing a lot of good things about this. Looking forward to this despite it being isekai

I agree there must be a reason why it got really good critique and scores considering it being a harem and isekai.
Mar 15, 2019 4:40 AM

Mar 2014
I was always interested in this light novel, excellent news about anime adaptation.
Mar 15, 2019 5:14 AM
Mar 2018
Yay, another Isekai anime set in a fantasy setting. This is so new and we absolutely need more of those...
Mar 15, 2019 5:41 AM

Nov 2011
This was probably one of the biggest names that has yet to get an anime and here it is. I'm guessing it'll get the Shield Hero treatment to get a 2 cour adaptation. Worse case scenario would be the Death March route with 1 cour. Either way, this show would need far more than 2 cour but I doubt that would happen.
Mar 15, 2019 5:59 AM

Jul 2017
This really looks like it has a similar formula to an anime that is coming out this April (Kenja no Mago). Will be watching this one as well! Didn't know about it until now, but it seems it's pretty popular.
Mar 15, 2019 6:14 AM

Apr 2011
I only read a few chapters of the manga adaptaion. Its interesting so I'll give this a try.

I wish Kenja no Deshi wo Nanoru Kenja will get an anime adaption.

Mar 15, 2019 6:26 AM

Apr 2009
So the number 1 overhyped garbo isekai finally gets an anime. Can't wait for purists to cry how the adaption "ruined things" when we all know it was always trash to begin with.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
DeadlyRavenMar 18, 2019 9:26 PM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 15, 2019 6:28 AM
Sep 2017
Make anime great again right now, this is not great, I see anime is now becoming like hollyweird just recycling the same formula
Mar 15, 2019 6:31 AM

Apr 2017
Can't believe this is actually happening.
If Mushoku Tensei will be adapted throughoutfully it will break grounds.
Can't wait to see and hear Rudeus

『 The truth has power because it’s the truth.
And because it is the truth, that makes it just.
It’s persuasive, isn’t it? Don’t you want truth like that? 』

Mar 15, 2019 6:41 AM

Nov 2014
Interesting! Hopefully it gets a good adaptation.
Mar 15, 2019 6:42 AM

Feb 2019
Finally an isekai more than decent among so much dirt that hopefully leaves buried in oblivion the other shit as the hero of the shield.
Mar 15, 2019 6:53 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Lol, the synopsis sounds like a mix of Knight’s and Magic & Tensei Shitara Slime Datte Ken.

But I’m looking forward to this nevertheless, thanks to the posts above which reveals some great news! Here’s to hoping it gets a good adaption too!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 15, 2019 6:56 AM

Jul 2016
Read some of the manga adaptation and its pretty boring. Wouldn't call it "bad" but it's kinda creepy the way the wish-fulfillment parts are shown. This will not be anything groundbreaking but no doubt this will be gobbled up pretty easily.
Mar 15, 2019 6:59 AM

Mar 2017
This was something that I wasn't expecting to get animated but here we are. Might check this out.
Mar 15, 2019 7:33 AM
Mar 2016
This means there's hope for the empty box and zeroth maria to get animated
Mar 15, 2019 7:38 AM

Nov 2008
Loads of people actually requested.....this? Seriously? The premise isn't even unique unlike even the worst isekai LNs that get adapted.

Mar 15, 2019 7:48 AM
Dec 2013
Holy shit! About time this gets an anime. Been reading the manga adaptation for 2.5 years now. Can't wait for the anime.
Mar 15, 2019 8:39 AM

Oct 2013
The only and last novel that I have read 6 volumes of, not a light novel fan. But it is a decent series.
Mar 15, 2019 8:58 AM
Sep 2018
Ugh, reading through the comments and I've already lost the energy to explain things. MT's strong points don't lie in some gimmick like a smart-phone, mechs, goblin slaying or a gender-bender. Great characterization, complex characters, character interactions, their inner thought processes and the theme of family going on through out the entirety of a long story (all things making it more than just a wish fulfillment fantasy) aren't easy to adapt into a I-don't-know-how-many-cour-anime. Anyway fuck it. I've read MT on narou, it was fun, that's enough for me. Hope it sells.
Mar 15, 2019 9:06 AM

Aug 2018
The kid (33 y/o fat self inserft virgin) with less than 10 years with king level magic and a pedophiliac harem... Nice.
I wonder if the doujinshis of this will show him as a fat 33 y/o raping little kids or they'll use his isekai form.

I know that drawings and fiction arent real but this is literally pedophilia...
I never lie on the internet. What's the point of it...
the chinese noodles ad is an anime and avatar isn't!
triggered

Check out my taste and my profile.
Mar 15, 2019 9:38 AM

Feb 2019
CordobezEverdeen said:
The kid (33 y/o fat self inserft virgin) with less than 10 years with king level magic and a pedophiliac harem... Nice.
I wonder if the doujinshis of this will show him as a fat 33 y/o raping little kids or they'll use his isekai form.

I know that drawings and fiction arent real but this is literally pedophilia...

You do not seem to be understanding the intent of these stories? he is no longer a fat neet of 30 years, the reborn and is already a totally different person, the plot goes as he changes and develops as a good person
Mar 15, 2019 9:50 AM

Jan 2015
another isekai harem which will be overrated as hell gets an anime. GREAT!

i seriously dont know why people start calling the 500. same isekai "this is so great, uniqe, unlike the others" when its literally the exact same thing
Mar 15, 2019 9:52 AM

Aug 2018
RayReynolds said:

You do not seem to be understanding the intent of these stories? he is no longer a fat neet of 30 years, the reborn and is already a totally different person, the plot goes as he changes and develops as a good person

With a pedophiliac harem and the mind of a 33 y/o?
Also lusting after his family members, or everything that walks by.
What a good person.

If its a totally different person its not an isekai and the 33 y/o doesnt exist anymore.
But we see him lusting after his "aunt" and "mom" so yeah he still exists.
I never lie on the internet. What's the point of it...
the chinese noodles ad is an anime and avatar isn't!
triggered

Check out my taste and my profile.
Mar 15, 2019 10:56 AM

Feb 2019
I would say something about this isekai is better and different from the others, but knowing how everyone has reacted positively with tate yuusha, it seems that people prefer a thousand times an anime of forced victimization and villains who bullying the protagonist instead of a slow, but consistent and coherent development.
Like certain people here who do not know how to think @Atavistic
Mar 15, 2019 11:21 AM
Aug 2017
why is a lot of people hating on this before it even airs, this story is amazing and for me the best isekai story and eris is best girl !!
Mar 15, 2019 11:37 AM

Aug 2015
dodo117 said:
why is a lot of people hating on this before it even airs, this story is amazing and for me the best isekai story and eris is best girl !!

Because the synopsis sounds terrible. I've read it and know that it's better than the usual stuff, but if I hadn't and only read this summary, I would never even consider watching this.
Mar 15, 2019 11:43 AM

Oct 2008
Finally. It was a really fun read.
Mar 15, 2019 11:52 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
guess i don't need to mention how many girls are on the cover
Mar 15, 2019 1:02 PM

Apr 2013
it's good for the fans, many have been asking for that adaptation for long long years of nothingness, so congratz.

As for me, i'll take the Honzuki no gekokujou anime announcement we got one week ago over this one any day ;3
Mar 15, 2019 1:15 PM

Oct 2010
The Isekai cycle of hype —> realization of mediocrity ——> disappointment/disparagement/relegation into dust bin continues
Mar 15, 2019 1:29 PM
Feb 2018
I was impressed by the first paragraph under "Synopsis", a bit interested, if nothing.

Then comes the end lines of next paragraph and then i'm thinking...." This will make an excellent shota hentai anime."

LOL
Mar 15, 2019 2:15 PM

Aug 2014
IM GENUINELY SO HAPPY RN

i never thought the adaptation for this would come oh my GOD

this is the ONE (1) isekai anime coming out that gets a pass this shit is so great bro im fucking kms if they fuck this up oh god
Mar 15, 2019 2:33 PM

Apr 2016
Wow, another one of these promising isekai's that will regress into mediocrity.
SeasideLuaMar 15, 2019 2:51 PM
Mar 15, 2019 3:14 PM

Jan 2008
I wonder what first time viewers reactions will be to seeing his form before being reborn, or rather how they'll go on about portraying him in the anime and if it'll affect viewer opinion on him throughout the show, especially if they decide to keep on showing us him during some of his inner monologue sequences. Feels like it could easily become another target for controversy.
Mar 15, 2019 3:58 PM

Mar 2018
"But despite his innocent exterior, Rudeus is still a perverted otaku, who uses his wealth of knowledge to make moves on women whom he could never make in his previous life" Sounded interesting until this part.
Probably not gonna watch it.
Mar 15, 2019 4:06 PM

Jul 2015
If they give only 1 cour, it is easy to just skip this adaptation.

Mar 15, 2019 5:59 PM

Jan 2016
Finally. Pretty hyped though.
Mar 15, 2019 7:22 PM

Feb 2017
i bet it gonna be slime kinda hype at first and slowly become boring in second half

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Mar 15, 2019 7:34 PM

Mar 2019
In the past I would have been excited by the announcement of this adaptation, but now I am exhausted from stories about self-improvement and other elements of shonen above all because of the overexposure of the configuration of the world and other elements, now I prefer relaxing and calm stories like slime taoshite 300-nen where he focuses mainly on slice of life with a little ship yuri and moe to heal the soul.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 8 hours ago

33 by Yubisoft »»
46 minutes ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
7 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
10 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
Yesterday, 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.