Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 14, 2019 11:30 PM

Jul 2015
What do you think?It might be the best or a trash depending upon how good the adaptation is.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 15, 2019 1:57 AM

May 2014
I can foresee the "<New popular isekai> is really good! Pretty different than most isekais and definitely better than <Last popular isekai>!" zombies troop coming. That sentence has being told so many times that I don't know if I'd be able to believe it anymore.
Rhapsody-Mar 15, 2019 2:01 AM
Mar 15, 2019 3:48 AM
Sep 2014
With the newfound attention I expect many English speakers to trash on it for being another isekai with a not really original gimmick and everyone being an archetype
Mar 15, 2019 5:17 AM
Jan 2012
It will really depends on how good they will adapt the light novel, to me the novel is a masterpiece itself, the best isekai novel i ever read ( and oh man, i read a lot of those ). Hope it will be a good studio and a two-cour, i mean, a anime only covering his infancy i don`t think we will ever see another season =(
Mar 15, 2019 7:46 AM

Apr 2016
hmm the synopsis is pretty interesting. I saw that is nr 22 on MAL, let's see how the anime will be. If a studio can adapt it properly

Mar 15, 2019 11:32 AM

Jan 2019
Lost me on the last sentence from the description, why every Isekai protagonist has to be a cringy virgin idiot?
Mar 15, 2019 12:11 PM
May 2018
RottenOrange said:
Lost me on the last sentence from the description, why every Isekai protagonist has to be a cringy virgin idiot?

Lol. That's only before he dies. After he get's reincarnated as Rudeus, he's boss.
Mar 15, 2019 12:28 PM

Jan 2019
TheKing528 said:
RottenOrange said:

Lol. That's only before he dies. After he get's reincarnated as Rudeus, he's boss.

Then someone should totally rewrite this "But despite his innocent exterior, Rudeus is still a perverted otaku, who uses his wealth of knowledge to make moves on women whom he could never make in his previous life." lol
Mar 15, 2019 12:50 PM
Feb 2017
After reading they synopsis and seeing the poster, it looks generic. It also looks like a harem by the looks of it. May give it a pass, may not. Doesn't look good at this point, though.
Mar 16, 2019 10:06 AM
May 2018
RottenOrange said:
TheKing528 said:

Then someone should totally rewrite this "But despite his innocent exterior, Rudeus is still a perverted otaku, who uses his wealth of knowledge to make moves on women whom he could never make in his previous life." lol

I mean, that's not totally wrong lol. He has his memories from his previous life which is what makes him so smart. But trust me, he's nothing like these wimpy, cringy harem main characters that are scared to even talk to girls. Plus the story is A LOT more than just a harem. I don't know what this adaptation will be like but I def recommend the Light Novel.
Mar 16, 2019 9:05 PM

Feb 2018
Woahh nice anime again maybe xD.I heared this anime Will airing on 2019?
Mar 17, 2019 8:58 PM
Mar 2012
The synopsis was written at a time when it was more unique, this is literally the grandfather of the modern isekai/tensei trend and arguable the best. Despite basically being the Dragon Ball of isekai, it still has a lot of things that make it heads and shoulders above the others. The main character is compelling, he was a terrible human being and is trying to make live the best life he can once he got the chance to live a new life. The emotional journey is something that few anime ever really hit, it follows Rudies entire life, from the ups to the downs.

Even then I think the series does a great job of making the sure the world does not revolve around the main character, he isn't destined to fight and kill a evil god, he isn't someone who is going to massively change the world, he has his own life and wants to live it. Even the way it balances out the power system is great, MC is a god tier mage but despite training every day, he has a disability that heavily nerfs his ability to fight in close ranges, classic mage.
Mar 17, 2019 9:20 PM
Oct 2018
i am keeping my hype meter low coz i don't wanna be disappointed if it turns out be a mediocre adaption, coz the same thing happened to shield hero, started off with a interesting premise then turned into a waifu bait show.
Mar 17, 2019 11:47 PM
Jul 2011
I haven't read the manga at all, so I'm not sure if this is already the case, but I hope the anime focuses more on the humanity of Rudeus' journey rather than making like a typical isekai harem anime. Tbh, he's disgustingly perverted and overpowered at first, but his journey into maturity is what sets Mushoku Tensei apart from the generics.

I also hope they use the LN's art style instead of the manga too. Doesn't really matter though, since it's finally getting an anime!
Mar 24, 2019 8:00 PM
Dec 2014
Vivekananda said:
What do you think?It might be the best or a trash depending upon how good the adaptation is.

It wont be trash or best. It will be mediocore, nothing more, nothing less. Its just another isekai, there is nothing new that this could add to this ganre. I hope it will be decent adaptation and nothing more. Just to make fans see all these characters moving and speaking on screen.
Mar 24, 2019 8:11 PM

Jul 2015
perrcel said:
Vivekananda said:

It wont be trash or best. It will be mediocore, nothing more, nothing less. Its just another isekai, there is nothing new that this could add to this ganre. I hope it will be decent adaptation and nothing more. Just to make fans see all these characters moving and speaking on screen.

Really? I heard the LN is really good so if it's a good adaptation then the series should be good.

Mar 24, 2019 8:21 PM
Dec 2014
Vivekananda said:
perrcel said:

Really? I heard the LN is really good so if it's a good adaptation then the series should be good.

They probably will rush this. If not it might be certainly good adaptation. If anime is 12 ep then rip adaptation. I mean I'd love to see that I'm wrong there but for me this adaptation seems just like another anime from this genre, to pump sales numbers of source material :P I hope I'm wrong there, but we will see :)
Mar 28, 2019 8:02 AM

Jul 2008
Remember people, we're talking probably the biggest name in Japan's light novel industry here. There is no way it's going to be just a 1-cour anime.

They also have a lot of reason to put effort into an anime adaptation since it should bring in more money comparatively to the light novel sales. The reason for this is that many have read the web novel and thus aren't buying the current light novel releases. So they want a new source of money from the anime industry.

This is all just my speculation though.

Apr 3, 2019 9:54 AM
Apr 2009
skyUFO said:
Remember people, we're talking probably the biggest name in Japan's light novel industry here. There is no way it's going to be just a 1-cour anime.

They also have a lot of reason to put effort into an anime adaptation since it should bring in more money comparatively to the light novel sales. The reason for this is that many have read the web novel and thus aren't buying the current light novel releases. So they want a new source of money from the anime industry.

Don't forget about all the figurines it could sell. I might buy that Ruijerd Figurine that Rudeus makes later on the series.

Anyway, I'm hyped that Mushoku Tensei finally gets an anime. It's the only novel I've already read twice (yes, all 25 volumes).
Apr 3, 2019 10:26 AM
Apr 2009
TheKing528 said:
RottenOrange said:

I mean, that's not totally wrong lol. He has his memories from his previous life which is what makes him so smart. But trust me, he's nothing like these wimpy, cringy harem main characters that are scared to even talk to girls. Plus the story is A LOT more than just a harem. I don't know what this adaptation will be like but I def recommend the Light Novel.

I edited that last sentence of the Synopsis a bit. I was struggling on what to write because I felt that I shouldn't exclude that he's a pervert.
I hope it'll get approved
Apr 4, 2019 6:05 AM
Oct 2014
Rhapsody- said:
I can foresee the "<New popular isekai> is really good! Pretty different than most isekais and definitely better than <Last popular isekai>!" zombies troop coming. That sentence has being told so many times that I don't know if I'd be able to believe it anymore.

yeah, i get you, i can't understand how tons of trash like "In a Different World with a Smartphone" got animated earlier, to me Mushoku Tensei is the best isekai, even better than Shield Hero by a lot, only Re: Zero can compete whit it.

but sadly, what you said is totally true
Apr 5, 2019 3:55 PM

Sep 2007
I've read a lot of shitty harem and isekai stuff. I'm... not sure why, I think I have a problem. Anyway, Mushoku Tensei manages to be both the only harem AND the only isekai I've ever read that isn't basically complete crap.

But it's a slow burn and very character based (the plot is largely irrelevant), if they don't give it enough episodes/enough time and try to rush it the anime will suck. It would need 100+ episodes to cover the entire series, which is very unlikely to happen. But it could still cover the first major arc reasonably if given a full 26 episode season.
Apr 8, 2019 1:06 PM

Oct 2008
Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu
Is my 3rd favorite manga out of my top 5. And 2nd to get an anime, so I am beside myself with joy. If it turns in to a loyal adaptation of either the novel or manga than it will become my number one Isekai and potentially a 10/10 series.

Curently "Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu"
Is the best Isekai anime I have seen. there are two or three others that were good, however "Re:Zero" was greate.

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari
Is the anime with the potential to overthrow "Re:Zero" and become my new favorite Isekai.
Apr 9, 2019 6:00 AM
Feb 2017
Really hoping for at least 50 episodes or more, either continuously or through multiple seasons. Assuming this is going to end after the first major arc has completed in vol 6, it's going to leave me as blue balled as Rudeus is
Apr 9, 2019 9:58 AM
Apr 2009
Eunacvi said:
Really hoping for at least 50 episodes or more, either continuously or through multiple seasons. Assuming this is going to end after the first major arc has completed in vol 6, it's going to leave me as blue balled as Rudeus is

Hopefully it'll be a continuously series like Black Clover.

Rhapsody- said:

The serie will start as 'trash', controversies will arise multiple times through the series and most will dislike Rudeus at the start. But it will be for sure worth to see it all through to the end.

I can for sure say that this Isekai is really good and deserves to be called to be one of the best (and a very brave one aswel, since it tackles many real life situations, fears and trauma's as wel as real consequences for their actions).

BlakexEkalb said:
After reading they synopsis and seeing the poster, it looks generic. It also looks like a harem by the looks of it. May give it a pass, may not. Doesn't look good at this point, though.

This serie won't be as much as an harem as most Isekai I've seen/read. Yes, he ends up with multiple wives but isn't like in most isekai where they just flock into his arms and he accepts without facing any consequences. Even though he's a huge pervert, he's very faithful and his one and only slip-up was due his huge depression that would greatly hinder their half year trip back and takes responsibilty by being honest to his current wife.
Apr 10, 2019 3:28 PM

Jul 2016
I've read a lot of isekai, and this is one of my favorites. I don't expect it to be that great, though, anime adaptations usually ruin everything.
It should get at least 24 episodes so people don't think it's an average isekai trash.
Apr 10, 2019 3:32 PM
Jan 2011
So happy this is getting an anime, one of the first few novels that got me reading LN’s. The beginning was really weird and creepy but I enjoyed the world the author built and the story, it wasn’t a big fan of the MC. Slowly grew on me and started to like him a lot at the volume when he marries his wife. The growth of his character is superb. From such a despicable person to someone struggling to be a normal, decent person. I know people find it creepy when characters reincarnate etc. They’re like an old person in a young body and any sort of romance is weird. But I like to think it’s not too big of a deal when they acclimatised the new word and in a prepubescent body would have an impact on you. Anyways, looking forward to this adaptation! Finally after Tate no yuusha, Mahouka and mushoku, I think all the first LNs I read has been animated! Just need sevens now...
Apr 12, 2019 6:04 PM

Jan 2011
First came across this as a manga and was favourably impressed. I'm reading the LN now and it's even better. Looking forward to this, although I suspect that the first few episodes are going to see a lot of incendiary posts based on his attraction to girls of the same age. Unfortunately this series will act as troll bait and it will take a while to clear them out of the way.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 14, 2019 5:50 PM
Apr 2019
VERY EXCITED!
and worried. it could really suck.
BUT! i have hope and am maintaining a positive outlook. i mean if sword art can turn around and be a decent anime, then so can this one where the source material is far superior in many ways.
fingers crossed!
Apr 21, 2019 4:53 AM

Sep 2013
I suspect it ends with a blueballing at the end of Eris arc.
May 9, 2019 5:05 PM

Jun 2013
The novel was extremely good for a web novel, not to mention its completed in English. its very good

This and shield hero is prob the best iseikai novel. For web novel, Mushoku wins hands down

Many ppl have read the novel/ manga so this would draw a lot of hype, there would be a lot of haters no doubt

Really happy to see this is getting an anime

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=111591
TakunDesMay 9, 2019 5:15 PM

May 10, 2019 11:20 AM
May 2019
I say with this it'll depend on the studio and how they want to pace the series, since the more dramatic parts of the series don't really pick up until after the teaching Eris arc.

Also, considering how this is in the Unknown section of the later tab (when I posted this comment), going to presume the anime will probably be sometime in either 2020 or early 2021, possibly later if they have any problems like Arifureta did with the key visuals.
May 16, 2019 3:12 AM
Sep 2016
I just gotta say. This series will probably add nothing 'new' to the isekai hodgepodge. Instead, it will polish all of the isekai tropes, and set a benchmark for how they should be done. Kind of like some of the more popular battle shounens, like black clover and my hero acadamia.

Granted, theres always the possiblity that the anime will be shit, but I sure hope not. This story is a prime example of how an isekai light novel should be written, and for it to fail in its anime adaptation would be a shame.
May 27, 2019 8:25 AM

Nov 2014
mgtwan said:
skyUFO said:

Don't forget about all the figurines it could sell. I might buy that Ruijerd Figurine that Rudeus makes later on the series.

Anyway, I'm hyped that Mushoku Tensei finally gets an anime. It's the only novel I've already read twice (yes, all 25 volumes).

The only one I read twice as well, and forever will be. (I even screenshot the lines I liked)

The production also waited long for this. The LN is almost ending as well, so there really is no need to hype this... all that is left is some serious adaption
Jun 23, 2019 10:50 PM
Feb 2018
My 1st LN i read cauze hanged up in manga , And i hope its Big studio that will handle this series , I Cry for this series LOL , The story so Good ah just everything , I hope its continous run till finish !!!!
Jun 24, 2019 6:38 AM
Apr 2019
One of few isekai series I love. The MC is a trash at first because he is a fat perverted otaku and he doesn't even care about his family on earth. Though he become a better person and cute kid. The harem only consist of three girls, and one of them is the MC's teacher. Not to mention, he is a better parent than his own parents (you will know what I mean when you read or watch it).
GSFTJun 24, 2019 6:42 AM
Jul 11, 2019 1:14 PM
Feb 2018
RottenOrange said:
TheKing528 said:

Ahahaha that is basically what happens in the first three volumes :D
Jul 11, 2019 1:43 PM

Dec 2013
One of my friends keeps recommending me the LN, but for once I haven't actually succumbed to it. Therefore my impressions so far are that people clearly like this one but the synopsis sounds like I'm going to hate it as per usual :D
Oct 18, 2019 11:24 PM

Jul 2015
NthDegree said:
One of my friends keeps recommending me the LN, but for once I haven't actually succumbed to it. Therefore my impressions so far are that people clearly like this one but the synopsis sounds like I'm going to hate it as per usual :D

I don't know whether you will like it or not but it's a good series.

Oct 19, 2019 5:15 AM
Dec 2014
Considering the web novel came out 2012 and the light novel 2014 and it is now 2019. The anime won't even be release until 2020 and there has been so many isekai anime in the last 5-7 years. Any troupe they probably started when it was still fresh will probably be played out and seem cliche by now. I feel people may even find it gratuitous at this point. I don't have high hopes.
Feb 20, 2020 10:25 PM

Aug 2010
Bell_Cranel said:
Considering the web novel came out 2012 and the light novel 2014 and it is now 2019. The anime won't even be release until 2020 and there has been so many isekai anime in the last 5-7 years. Any troupe they probably started when it was still fresh will probably be played out and seem cliche by now. I feel people may even find it gratuitous at this point. I don't have high hopes.

There are a few reasons Mushoku Tensei stands apart from any other isekai LN:

1) insofar as the harem aspect goes, it surpasses any other harem story by having a happy ending for all routes.
2) this is the ultimate OP character who still manages to stay humble, and believably so, throughout the entire 25 volumes. He is not without major flaws, which balances his massive OP-ness, and his mistakes are ones anyone could make.
3) the thing about stories is that the better they are written, the less time tends to have an effect on their relevance or makes them feel cliched. 8 years is not a very long time - it may seem that way to you, but it really isn't.

Lastly, one major reason Mushoku Tensei has a better chance of not sucking than other isekai is the fact that this is a FINISHED WORK. No need for filler, they already know exactly how many chapters there are, the material can be properly laid out and stroy-boarded, etc. etc. etc.

A recent example of an anime that is based on a finished work is Babylon, which I enjoyed. Mushoku Tensei has far too much that happens in every chapter for them to reasonably include it all, and I can easily guess which parts will be left out, because if you've read all of it, it a simple thing to see how the main story could be told without about 40-50% of the total content, even though 100% of it is thoroughly enjoyable! It'd be nice if they animated that 40-50% as OVAs after the main series, however.

Egg Firm has done some very decent work lately, so I'm gonna go ahead and get my hopes up a little, get a little excited for this. I've read Mushoku Tensei in its entirety 3 times, and with this discovery (I just found out right now), I'm off to make it a 4-peat.
Feb 21, 2020 12:54 AM
Feb 2020
shukujo said:
Bell_Cranel said:

1) insofar as the harem aspect goes, it surpasses any other harem story by having a happy ending for all routes.
2) this is the ultimate OP character who still manages to stay humble, and believably so, throughout the entire 25 volumes. He is not without major flaws, which balances his massive OP-ness, and his mistakes are ones anyone could make.
3) the thing about stories is that the better they are written, the less time tends to have an effect on their relevance or makes them feel cliched. 8 years is not a very long time - it may seem that way to you, but it really isn't.

Lastly, one major reason Mushoku Tensei has a better chance of not sucking than other isekai is the fact that this is a FINISHED WORK. No need for filler, they already know exactly how many chapters there are, the material can be properly laid out and stroy-boarded, etc. etc. etc.

A recent example of an anime that is based on a finished work is Babylon, which I enjoyed. Mushoku Tensei has far too much that happens in every chapter for them to reasonably include it all, and I can easily guess which parts will be left out, because if you've read all of it, it a simple thing to see how the main story could be told without about 40-50% of the total content, even though 100% of it is thoroughly enjoyable! It'd be nice if they animated that 40-50% as OVAs after the main series, however.

Egg Firm has done some very decent work lately, so I'm gonna go ahead and get my hopes up a little, get a little excited for this. I've read Mushoku Tensei in its entirety 3 times, and with this discovery (I just found out right now), I'm off to make it a 4-peat.

Well i have read the LN and it wasn't really that good . It was overall just mediocre.
I can compare it to SAO , at the beginning it was something good to read but then with the school arc it dropped drastically in quality , well there are good parts but it could have been better. The thing which makes me don't like the novel is that the MC has a great magical power but he didn't at least try to use it properly which makes it a waste , if u read the thing with his diary u will understand what i mean . Well to say it simply try to compare this MC with that MC from the diary and u will understand , not mention is that the MC is always underestimating himself which make me irritated and there's the story ending is just A BULLSHIT AND CRAP , When i read it i just felt that i really wasted my time .

Ps>> that's just my opinion as i have said it was a mediocre and could have benn better , and sorry if there are any grammatical mistakes i am not native ^_^
Feb 21, 2020 2:17 AM

Feb 2016
I recently got up to date on the manga. If it sticks to the manga enough I think it might be pretty good.

It's gonna get a lot of hate anyway, simply for the fact that it is an Isekai and people just loooooove to compare those with each other. Let's just ignore that, give it a watch, not judge it based on other Isekai and hope that it turns out to be good adaptation.
TaloraelMar 19, 2020 4:37 AM
Feb 26, 2020 5:14 PM
Mar 2011
MO7DSH said:
shukujo said:

Well i have read the LN and it wasn't really that good . It was overall just mediocre.
I can compare it to SAO , at the beginning it was something good to read but then with the school arc it dropped drastically in quality , well there are good parts but it could have been better. The thing which makes me don't like the novel is that the MC has a great magical power but he didn't at least try to use it properly which makes it a waste , if u read the thing with his diary u will understand what i mean . Well to say it simply try to compare this MC with that MC from the diary and u will understand , not mention is that the MC is always underestimating himself which make me irritated and there's the story ending is just A BULLSHIT AND CRAP , When i read it i just felt that i really wasted my time .

Ps>> that's just my opinion as i have said it was a mediocre and could have benn better , and sorry if there are any grammatical mistakes i am not native ^_^

I can't agree more. After the diary (
) thing I felt the story kind of went somewhere that left me really disappointed.

I hope the story gets a major rework after he enters the academy, but well... no chance I guess.
Btw, it's magic system is really cool, and it is probably the reason it was so good at the start.
Mar 22, 2020 5:38 AM
Feb 2020
Eh... I'm just hoping they don't butcher the anime adaptation like they did with MAR's anime adaptation way back when.
Apr 9, 2020 8:15 PM
Nov 2017
Prediction: This will be below 7.3 after the third or fourth episode, and it will slowly go up after that but it will never fully recover.
Apr 12, 2020 12:53 PM

Jan 2017
I'm reading manga rn and it's good! So im curious, how they will adapt it. Hope it will be good.
Apr 13, 2020 12:40 PM

Jan 2016
kanter123 said:
I'm reading manga rn and it's good! So im curious, how they will adapt it. Hope it will be good.

The funny thing is that the manga is a subpar adaptation of the LN

If they can adapt this well it'll be a huge hit, but it's gonna rub a lot of people the wrong way because people will instantly think "eww Rudy is disgusting" instead of trying to understand that the purpose of his reincarnation is to become a more respectable human being
Apr 18, 2020 2:02 PM
Mar 2013
People are going to hate on it for being generic, but iirc, the source material started the whole truck-kun cliche, and defined a lot of the cliche's we have come to expect from isekais. This isekai was pretty genre-defining
Apr 23, 2020 11:04 AM
Anime Jesus

Apr 2016
The PV gave me hope, but we all realize that PVs can be really different from the actual anime. I hope they go for a 2 cour season. The Mushoku Tensei story isn't something that can really be rushed. It does it's own jumps anyway.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is Season 2, Part 1 as good as Season 1?

GoatPieceLuffy - Yesterday

19 by Reevansingh21 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

466 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Apr 23, 9:08 AM

» Is Mushoku Tensei one of best isekai anime so far ?

ISeeLifePeople - Jul 20, 2023

45 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Apr 23, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2021

380 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Apr 22, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2021

335 by Remurst »»
Apr 10, 1:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.