Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: On which side are you on?

Mar 14, 5:18 PM

I think that everyone here knows about the #KickVic situation, so I am not gonna bother explaining.

I wanted to ask on which side you are on and see which side has the most people.

Please say why your are on which side.

Edit:
Short summary: People are attacking VA Vic Mignonga and saying he is a sexual predator. There is now a war in the anime community between people who support Vic and people who attack Vic.

Here is an artickel that explains everything: https://sakuraanimenews.com/2019/02/13/animegate-update-12-02-19-western-anime-establishment-attacks-vic-mignogna/
Modified by PsychoEkin, Mar 14, 5:26 PM

Mar 14, 5:19 PM

Ughhhhhh not this again. Both make me want to vomit.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

#KeepThisShitOutOfMAL
#WhoCares

StephenCovey said:
Most of us don't listen with the intent to understand, they listen with the intent to reply.

Loli Master :)

I have no fucking idea what are you talking about, OP. Care to explain?

Mar 14, 5:20 PM

It doesn't matter. He's done. Why revive an issue that's already more or less died? Well, I'm a hypocrite since I'm responding but the question still stands.
“You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.”
― Dale Carnegie, How to Win Friends and Influence People

Mar 14, 5:22 PM

PsychoEkin said:
I think that everyone here knows about the #KickVic situation, so I am not gonna bother explaining.
Quite bold the statement. Whos vic?

Mar 14, 5:23 PM

Skana said:

People are attacking VA Vic Mignonga and saying he is a sexual predator. There is now a war in the anime community between people who support Vic and people who attack Vic.

Here is an artickel that explains everything: https://sakuraanimenews.com/2019/02/13/animegate-update-12-02-19-western-anime-establishment-attacks-vic-mignogna/

Mar 14, 5:30 PM

I was really saddened to hear some crazy things about him, like impromptu Bible study-sessions in hotel lobby's LOL - but seriously, kissing a fan on the cheek is not exactly a war crime. There are much worse things happening all across the planet and even in the US which make his 'indiscretions' pale in comparison. Give the poor guy a break! I'm currently watching a series called Air from 2005 and Vic and Monica (Rial) are in the two lead roles - ah, they sound so sweet together!

Mar 14, 5:33 PM

PsychoEkin said:
Skana said:

People are attacking VA Vic Mignonga and saying he is a sexual predator. There is now a war in the anime community between people who support Vic and people who attack Vic.

You mean an article that explains only one side from a site with an obvious political bias and agenda?

And no, the anime community is not in a war no matter how much people like you want to twist reality. The anime community at large does not care or does not even know what you are talking about as the replies so far prove.

It's just some fanatics on both sides trying to capitalize on this issue for their political agendas and shoving this issue in the face of the rest of us who just don't care, want to move on and watch some anime. Like that guy writing that 'animegate' bullshit blog that you linked. Or people like you who keep bringing it up, pretending it's a 'war in the anime community'.

StephenCovey said:
Most of us don't listen with the intent to understand, they listen with the intent to reply.

Mar 14, 6:21 PM

I null vote.

What actually happened and what will happen does NOT, in ANY way, depend on my opinion, nor does it depend on the opinion of basically 99.99% of the people with opinions on this.

And that includes fully 100.00% of all the random internet folks who are otherwise disconnected from this issue but have an opinion on it and like to posture on the internet about what they think.

If I had to make a hashtag...hmm... how about let's go with #notmyfight? Does that work?

Mar 14, 6:27 PM

Don't give a flying monkey's ass hair about the guy, but if he is guilty let him rot in jail, poverty and oblivion.

And knowing the entertainment busienss and the mental issues of those who participate in it, most likely he is guilty.

Mar 14, 6:28 PM
Is this some drama in the dub world? Yes? Then it's a waste of time to care

Mar 14, 6:30 PM

Like this is going to change anything, just drop it.
My Queens

#1 Hitagi Lover

Honestly can't say I care.

If there's actual proof that he did said actions then he deserve's what he's getting to him. If he's innocent and did nothing, then it sucks to be him.

Heard about this before and can't believe it's still a topic for discussion. I get y'all like the dude but y'all gotta move on I'd say.

He's a dub voice actor, who gives a fuck

Mar 14, 6:36 PM

Seriously, you shouldn't take any sides and just stay neutral/objective considering that we don't know the truth.

It's all about "due process" people... don't be bias about anything

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 14, 6:44 PM
I really don't care. All that matters is the truth, who the fuck cares about shitty opinions of shitty people.

Mar 14, 6:45 PM

Seems to me the "I don't care" fraction is winning, I'm all in for it.
- have better things to do than caring about eng dubs

Mar 14, 6:49 PM

Pylia said:
Seems to me the "I don't care" fraction is winning, I'm all in for it.
- have better things to do than caring about eng dubs
I like dubs and I still don't care to have an opinion on this.

Mar 14, 6:50 PM

Vic already is in Catalonia you wanna kick it also from the rest of the world map? :(

Seriously don't know why anyone would feel inclined associate themselves with either one of the groups witch have very extreme black and white views (one wants to crucify him, while the other blind belive in everything he says driven by their hatred of "feminist/SJW" or whatever) but whatever. There seem to be a lot of speculation and false information being shared, so while i am more incline to think he is guilty i prefer to wait until everything is cleared up before making any statements.

✧A Believing Heart Is Your Magic✧

Mar 14, 6:54 PM

Honestly knew someone who was briefly working at Funi, he said everyone hated Vic and that he himself witnessed Vic throwing a diva tantrum. The guy sounds like a nightmare. Also everything I've heard about him since 2012, when I stopped being into dubs as much.

I do think it has been massively overblown. The fact that he thinks he can win a lawsuit is hilarious. This fucking idiot. Can't he just concede and accept his firing. Since he's a freelancer to begin with and Texas is a right to work state, they could have fired him over anything. Of course their firing makes sense to me. The only reason this shit is still hot button is because Vic and his "legal team" are now acting like even more unprofessional assholes than any of the voice actors who spoke out against him were at their "most unprofessional".

The most disgraceful of the bunch is that Nick Rekieta "i'm not vic's lawyer but i'm totally vic's lawyer, who scammed 100k out of his fans" guy, who slandered Monica's finacee Ron Toye and threatened to get him fired from his job. To be honest I dont recall Monica or Ron acting anywhere near as barbaric as this guy has been. Nick is a whole new level of pathetic and I can tell he's just in it for the money, so personally ever since his involvement in the case I've been increasingly more disgusted with Vic's side, or at least, the way this guy in particular represents himself.

It's just a whole fucking mess at this point, I want it to end. Vic has been fired. He's not coming back. Deal with it. Making it into a legal case is going to result in a mess that will get laughed out of the courtroom, probs. I think Vic definitely should have been fired, but I've held the same opinion for years now that I think he's gross.

Now that it's mostly subsided to Vic's lawyer self flagellating I don't really care as much anymore. If there's going to be a useless court case, let them waste their money. Vic's been fired, I'm content with that.

ʀᴏɪ ᴅᴜ ᴄʜᴀᴛᴇᴀᴜ.
and there's no escape, no escape
ʀᴏɪ ᴅᴇ ᴍᴏɴ ᴄᴏᴇᴜʀ

Mar 14, 7:34 PM

I don't watch dubs so....

#WhoCares.

Life has no meaning.

Mar 14, 7:35 PM

people are still thinking about this?

Mar 14, 7:39 PM
The #KickVic movement is the same as the #metwo movement
Trying to destroy men lives

#IStandWithVic

Mar 14, 7:52 PM

I have no idea what you're talking about and I honestly regret reading about it.

At least take stuff like this to the casual discussion forum. This has nothing to do with anime.

Mar 14, 8:06 PM

How about not choosing a side?
Both sides acting like they have a dog in the fight, milking the shit out of it.

Mar 14, 8:25 PM

I don’t think I have enough information either way. I know the gist of what is going on, but haven’t dived too deep into it. However, I think he said he would no longer get so affectionate with fans, so I’m willing to look past it if he means it.

Mar 14, 8:33 PM
Neither I just want things to go back to normal

Mar 14, 8:44 PM
美乃滋

it has nothing to do w/ anime though you should post it on other sections
anyway, i do not care about it

Mar 14, 9:57 PM

Apparently it is confirmed that he has exchanged phone numbers with under aged fans and has been photographed/recorded giving kisses as well.

Doesn't mean he took it to the next step. But I mean even doing that is a bit suspicious. If I had to just guess I'd probably say he's guilty. #KickVic

Mar 14, 10:06 PM

But why is this in Anime Discussion, not in Casual Discussion or Current Events?
You're free to exercise your freedom of speech. But we're not obliged to listen.
Nor are we obliged to give you a platform.
My gaze is the measure of all things:
Latest Review: The RisingRise of the Shield Hero
Latest Blog: Recommended Essays Exploring Actually Excellent World-Building

Mar 14, 10:07 PM

why do we gotta care. If he's guilty he deserves the fucking worst, and if not we'll suck to be him. It's not the worst cause so many people are already on his side. It seems to be a pattern of celebrities being accused of sexual misconduct and people supporting them a bit too much.

Why does anyone even care, its none of our business.

Mar 14, 10:19 PM

Eanki said:
But why is this in Anime Discussion, not in Casual Discussion or Current Events?

Current Events is a dumpster fire filled with alt right/incel/mgtow dudes who'd defend him, casual discussion is probably the same boat. and it vaguely pertains to the anime industry therefore it does have more of a home in AD.

I don't care that much about it at this point but I think it's better to ask AD than either of those boards due to the smaller sample sizes both those boards provide + their typical biases. AD is a more civil place to ask.

Anyway I'm for #KickVic but he's already been kicked, other than that I don't really have much to add besides my annoyance with his unprofessionally behaved legal team and how I don't think anyone should make this into a legal issue let alone treat it like a bunch of petulant children. Assuming this even ever makes it into a court of law and the judge doesn't just laugh them out of the room. Why do us goddamn Americans sue over the stupidest trash?
Modified by dizzyur, Mar 14, 10:29 PM

ʀᴏɪ ᴅᴜ ᴄʜᴀᴛᴇᴀᴜ.
and there's no escape, no escape
ʀᴏɪ ᴅᴇ ᴍᴏɴ ᴄᴏᴇᴜʀ

Mar 15, 1:36 AM

Mayumi said:
Why does anyone even care, its none of our business.
Because some people on the internet just really like inserting themselves into the affairs of others in order to turn things into social movements as part of their ideological turf wars.

And then other people on the internet just like to respond to people on the internet.

Mar 15, 1:49 AM
Why are people so triggered about a post. Chill..

Mar 15, 2:05 AM

Eanki said:

We have dived deeper into the anime realm, where Vic is anime itself.

@ topic
On a serious note, I pretty much don't care. Rofl. #ireallydontknowhatthefuqishappening

Mar 15, 3:01 AM

JFuji said:
Apparently it is confirmed that he has exchanged phone numbers with under aged fans and has been photographed/recorded giving kisses as well.

Doesn't mean he took it to the next step. But I mean even doing that is a bit suspicious. If I had to just guess I'd probably say he's guilty. #KickVic

Well I've also heard of Kickviccers Forging false evidence.

But the allegations have been going on for over a decade (heck the FMAB had to alter the dub lines because of Vic, so yh he is not the cleanest) but that makes me wonder.
Why did it only take off after DBS Broly?

I don't care about both sides. Both sides are suspicious in my eyes.

Mar 15, 7:46 PM

The side that doesn't give a rat's ass because it's a matter for the court to decide.
"My only advise is when you're in the jungle shoot anything that moves, then shoot everything that doesn't move just to be sure."
-Kex (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords)

Mar 15, 7:50 PM

Wait the war is still going on over Twitter? I moved on and I do not care anymore since it does not affect me personally.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"