Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 14, 2019 12:14 PM

Jan 2013
everything was perfect but Emmas face did not have me shook like in the manga

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenMar 26, 2019 8:27 PM
Mar 14, 2019 12:15 PM
Oct 2014
Mom did say something like "do you want to be a mom aswell? have a child etc". Well for that some guys need to stay alive (norman and many others)
Mar 14, 2019 12:21 PM
Nov 2018
nightcrawlercyp said:
Yasuhiro- said:
This episode is a bit quiet. But it's the kind of quietness before the big come back.
I don't like the fact that Don and Gilda doesn't show much emotion in this episode and it's kinda unnatural. But I don't think Norman will die like this and there's something about the string telephone and there's also a surprise on his face in that room.
And Mama seemed a bit concerned talking to Emma after that.
I knew they did not give up entirely. And when Emma refused Mom I knew the plan is still in action. It would have made Norman's sacrifice in vain. About Norman being alive maybe yes maybe no.
Then I guess I'll have to pick up the manga if they don't tell us in this season Lol.

"Self respect is the greatest gift we can give to our self"

Mar 14, 2019 12:22 PM
Nov 2018
First ep where im actually like damn. Wouldve been a flipping depressing ep if not for the last 5 seconds. This is the empire strikes back section. Really looking forward for next Wednesday
Mar 14, 2019 12:23 PM

Sep 2018
That wicked smile at the end was worth waiting for,also R.I.P. Norman..........
well that's just my opinion.....
Mar 14, 2019 12:25 PM

Aug 2012
Yasuhiro- said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
I knew they did not give up entirely. And when Emma refused Mom I knew the plan is still in action. It would have made Norman's sacrifice in vain. About Norman being alive maybe yes maybe no.
Then I guess I'll have to pick up the manga if they don't tell us in this season Lol.
I am guessing next episode is the escape
Mar 14, 2019 12:37 PM

Feb 2018
I hope Norman still alive. I mean we didn't actually see him die, and Mother could simply be trying to destroy their hope by making them think he was next to be shipped when in reality, they didn't request him or something. Maybe she brings him food every day in that room
Mar 14, 2019 12:45 PM

Feb 2018
juicykitten95 said:

Yeah, Emma's face was more shocking in the manga, i thought she was already broken with that face.

Also guys, just saying. Remember the lullaby that Ray sang in the dinner room before emma appear

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
DeadlyRavenMar 26, 2019 8:27 PM
Mar 14, 2019 12:47 PM

Jan 2019
really liked the episode it was nice drama, and emmas face was awesome at the end :D

Yasuhiro- said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

ull have to, i dont think we will get season 2 anytime soon, and certainly not s3, and the details of what happened due to some other plot details it was revealed - whether he is dead and how he died, or whether he lives - rather late into the manga, so most likely sth like s3 in the anime if we ever get that many

@nightcrawlercyp

i think the escape will play out in the last ep, i cant imagine it ending next ep because a lot still needs to happen and there would be no benefit continuing after the escape as the season is ending
Mar 14, 2019 12:50 PM
Apr 2016
kater_tot said:
I feel like Norman isn't dead but that hasn't stopped me from crying haha! Mama might be one of the most vile villains in anime, she makes me feel sick. Next weeks ep is gonna be hella hard to watch too because of Ray šŸ˜­

You have to look at it from another perspective as well. Consider demons nazies and people... french, for example. The people now, seemingly, seem to have to collaborate with demons under the same pretense - they don't then they will die. Nazies would keep killing those refusing to collaborate until someone next in line agrees to it. This is where it begins - they now can work from inside a tyrannical system to attempt to crush it or provide support to those who could then crush the system. This could be the case with Mom.
Even if she did ship hundreds of children, it would have been someone else shipping them either way, had she refused or not. She tried to encourage Emma (with ill or well intent) to become a Mom herself, which would make her a collaborator and responsible for providing meal to demons, but also would let her know more about the world and enable her to grow up and prepare a better escape plan for the future generations, which in turn could attempt to topple the demons (something is telling me that if it is ever explained why, then it would turn out humans actually invited demons and are paying them with children. Don't deal with the devil). Of course this is a giant stretch, but it would be quite a logical motivation behind this particular Mom. While she does not at all show direct signs supporting this theory (e.g. completely antagonizing the children does not really help her cause, theoretically speaking), she did, for example, stumble when asked if she is happy. She was not expecting that question from a child she is "presumably" walking to his final supper. Maybe at that moment Norman actually saw the deep distraught her smiling guise deep distraught and she was extremely surprised by it. Maybe the six minutes I have spent writing this could be characterized as futile. Will be seen later on.
Re:formed
Mar 14, 2019 12:50 PM

Feb 2018
Daphi said:
really liked the episode it was nice drama, and emmas face was awesome at the end :D

Yasuhiro- said:

ull have to, i dont think we will get season 2 anytime soon, and certainly not s3, and the details of what happened due to some other plot details it was revealed - whether he is dead and how he died, or whether he lives - rather late into the manga, so most likely sth like s3 in the anime if we ever get that many

There is enough material for season 2 even if it will be 2-cours. But yeah, we won't get season 2 soon because noitaminA slot is already filled at least until Fall 2019 or Winter 2020 (if Psycho Pass S3 have 2-cours)
Mar 14, 2019 12:52 PM

Jan 2019
@gadboyz

there is enough material for 4 seasons D:
but as u said the slots are filled, maybe next year would be awesome
and i dont know the numbers of how well the anime did so i cant really say whether it will come at all

ö-> regarding $$$
Mar 14, 2019 12:53 PM

Aug 2012
Daphi said:

Yasuhiro- said:

@nightcrawlercyp

i think the escape will play out in the last ep, i cant imagine it ending next ep because a lot still needs to happen and there would be no benefit continuing after the escape as the season is ending
What you mean a lot needs to happen.? Ray's birthday is the next day
Mar 14, 2019 12:54 PM

Feb 2018
Daphi said:
@gadboyz

and i dont know the numbers of how well the anime did so i cant really say whether it will come at all

ö-> regarding $$$

Anime really have manga boost sale. TPN made 1M manga sales just in January from vol 1-12.
Mar 14, 2019 12:54 PM

Feb 2018
What a sad episode. Emma just couldn't accept that Norman won't escape. This one definitely raised a lot of questions.

Norman said he wants Phil to help Emma. Maybe Phil has been part of the plan all along and they've been hiding it from us? Calling it now, Phil is going to play a big role in the last 2 episodes.

It's pretty obvious to us that Norman isn't dead. But the question is what did he see and where has he been all this time? Perhaps they do something different with the males, and maybe it has something to do with the breeding..

They wanted us to think that all hope was lost, but at the end it seemed like Ray and Emma were just putting on a front, and they still have a plan up their sleeves. They seem more fired up than ever! It was still sad to see them in despair and all the younger children reacting to it.

Oh boy, two episodes left! I'm sad and excited. I can't wait to see what happens, but it sucks it will be over in a couple more weeks. I'm definitely going to continue with the manga after this.
Mar 14, 2019 12:57 PM

Apr 2012
Hmmm interesting. I wonder if Norman is really dead or not.
Mar 14, 2019 12:59 PM

Feb 2018
nightcrawlercyp said:
What you mean a lot needs to happen.? Ray's birthday is the next day

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenMar 26, 2019 8:26 PM
Mar 14, 2019 12:59 PM

Jul 2016
Great episode, Norman is being shipped out. Emotional episode with goodbye to Norman. The flasback scene when they was a kids are wholesome. And the next is the time skip, Emma is coping up for these past month. And Ray as well, but at the end Ray asked Emma if she doesnt give up. And with that we seen Emma determined look, with a cliffhanger.
The first part is Norman explain that the cliff is had a bridge on the HQ of demons, and that is the way to escape. Overall great episode, some great OST played in emotional scenes. And some good cinematography.

Mar 14, 2019 1:06 PM
Jan 2016
This episode was intense and sad!

Poor Emma, obvius she will be more emotional with Norman when he is going to die without running away, was really painfull to watch Emma crying like that!

The flashback about Norman being sick as young and Emma invadidng her room was funny and cute!

I suspect that Norman is still alive, but i also wonder where he is and was was his reaction when Mother openned the door!

If it wasn't the end with that Emma's face, i would think they had give up, but i am glad they did not!
Mar 14, 2019 1:07 PM

Mar 2018
Emma's face actually jumpscared me in the end. That is the face of a girl who plays 64d chess in space upside down.
Mar 14, 2019 1:09 PM

Jan 2019

@nightcrawlercyp thats the fun part wait and see

gadboyz said:
Daphi said:
@gadboyz

ö-> regarding $$$

Anime really have manga boost sale. TPN made 1M manga sales just in January from vol 1-12.

uff ty for the info
Mar 14, 2019 1:12 PM

Aug 2017
holy fucking shit it's getting better with every single episode
Mar 14, 2019 1:13 PM

Feb 2017
This episode really killed me inside.

I seriously had to hold back these tears. What a messed up ride.
The fact that all this history of being at the House, loving one another, was just a farce. That really teared me up inside. I can't believe this is the future they were living in.
The way Mom accepted her path and told them either to embrace it or die was simply way too much to comprehend for me. I really hope by next week they got something coming, because it has to be game time.

You either have to embrace this fucked up system or die trying to fight it.

When I thought this whole thing was over, 20 minutes of depression and hopelessness, there is one last chance. Ray and Emma have one final gambit up their sleeve. I really hope they pull through and rub it against Mom's face.

Mar 14, 2019 1:30 PM
Oct 2017
Tasel said:
The fact that they didn't show us what happened to Norman confirms it 100% that he's still alive.

I actually have no idea what will happen. I guess I will pick up the manga. :3
Mar 14, 2019 1:35 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm given the cliff no wonder there was no extra security. If anything Emma wouldn't let something like illness stop her from caring for others. Ray's line though sure was priceless. The string telephone was a great idea and such a warm memory. Norman's farewell to Emma though sure was a powerful and sad one. The fact that Emma and Ray knew the truth about what happens to kids who go hurts them even more as well. Isabella sure exploited the despair that Emma was going through though. An interesting ep but also an emotionally heavy one as well with Norman's passing. Though it looks like Emma and Ray are far from finished with their plans.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2019 1:38 PM

Mar 2018
Well I have no idea how they're going to escape. Was Normans plan to let Emma stay as a Mom and Ray as a spermbank? Is Mom part of the resistance? What did doll talking Krone leave behind? Is Phil actually Jesus?
poop
Mar 14, 2019 1:41 PM

Sep 2011
I will miss Norman, he was by far my favorite out of the main trio.

But even so the episode wasn't as sad as I thought it would be. It just didn't feel real or it didn't hit me yet. I guess I should be grateful that I didn't have to see Norman's body like I saw the ones of Connie and Krone, but it's weird, like others have said he could even be alive. Emma's last desperate attempt to make him run away didn't sit right with me either, but what else could she do?

And time just passed as they mourned, or did it? Is Emma really powerless by herself? Maybe she was doing something the whole time, after all Norman asked her to not give up. And just what was the thing that Krone left behind? It doesn't even feel like Norman is truly gone and it's already time for Ray to be shipped.
Mar 14, 2019 1:50 PM
Mar 2014
I see people here saying goodbye to Norman, but I have no doubt that he's alive and well. Even more so considering that the anime has never shy-ed away from showing us how death gripped other characters such as Connie and Kronie. The question is though, what happened to Norman? What was in that room? I also can't see this anime killing any of it's three main characters after spending all that time developing them and such, even if killing one of them will really drive the point home.

Let's not forget the talk of being a Mom. Isabella going up to Emma and saying she can recommend her so that she can have a child and such. Maybe Norman's intelligence will be used for that, lots of ideas there about how things can pan out had she said yes. Either way, an interesting episode and emotional for these kids. I can't wait to see what happens next episode now that it's Ray time to be taken away. There was never a mention of what Krone left for Norman so that could play a big role here.

Mar 14, 2019 1:52 PM
Feb 2018
Fayrin said:
I will miss Norman, he was by far my favorite out of the main trio.

But even so the episode wasn't as sad as I thought it would be. It just didn't feel real or it didn't hit me yet. I guess I should be grateful that I didn't have to see Norman's body like I saw the ones of Connie and Krone, but it's weird, like others have said he could even be alive. Emma's last desperate attempt to make him run away didn't sit right with me either, but what else could she do?

And time just passed as they mourned, or did it? Is Emma really powerless by herself? Maybe she was doing something the whole time, after all Norman asked her to not give up. And just what was the thing that Krone left behind? It doesn't even feel like Norman is truly gone and it's already time for Ray to be shipped.

After Norman gets shipped out there is a two months time skip.
Nov 2018
Daphi said:

Yasuhiro- said:

Tbh... I am more interested in knowing about mama than those kids cuz she is kind actually. And her smile, her touch, they seem so warm. But she just happen to have no choice. She seems so lonely, unhappy, keep lying to herself and crying inside. I..I wish I could reach out, hug her and make her feel better. And just her beautiful genuine smile is enough for me :)

"Self respect is the greatest gift we can give to our self"

Feb 2014
Emma and Ray did their best to convince Norman to escape, but their efforts were left in vain. The thoughts of failure and helplessness got the better of both of them as Norman sadly departs from Grace Field House.

As Norman walked towards the lorry that reminded him of poor Conny, Isabella asked him to walk into the of the door to the side. When the door opened, something inside must've caused his expression to go from confused to surprised. After seeing that, the scene ends, so it does give me hope that he might be alive.

The next two months flew by and both Ray and Emma felt the true power of despair and helplessness. Seeing Emma struggling to contain her emotions as Isabella told her to give up was depressing to watch, the poor girl. D=

However, on the night before Ray is scheduled to depart, Ray asks Emma if she hasn't given up. Emma's wicked-looking expressions pretty much gives us an answer that she hasn't given up yet, staying true to Norman's words despite the emotional suffering that she had to endure.

This was certainly a powerful episode, but I'm still hoping that the last two episodes will be filled with hope and success for Ray and Emma, as well as Don and Gilda, too. At least, I hope I'm right with my prediction. ^^;
Mar 14, 2019 1:59 PM

Jan 2019
Yasuhiro- said:
Daphi said:

Tbh... I am more interested in knowing about mama than those kids cuz she is kind actually. And her smile, her touch, they seem so warm. But she just happen to have no choice. She seems so lonely, unhappy, keep lying to herself and crying inside. I..I wish I could reach out, hug her and make her feel better. And just her beautiful genuine smile is enough for me :)

awwwwwwwwwww xD
she is though i can understand that desire :D
Mar 14, 2019 2:05 PM
Nov 2014
Great episode. I'm confused about the dates in the episode though. It says 031146 after the intro (Nov 03 2046), but later in the episode on the calendar it says November 04 2045. The big issue being the year. I checked episode 9, and it said 031145 (nov 03 2045), so maybe it was a mistake by the studio. But it seems unlikely they would make such a mistake.

Did anyone else catch it?
Mar 14, 2019 2:06 PM
Apr 2016
Ray & Emma went all out depressive this episode, after all Norman died this episode. The last scene with Norman, what was in the room? Hmm. Isabella tried to convince Emma to become one of them, of course Emma refused, how could she possibly accept it. A cliffhanger, can't wait for the next episode...
Mar 14, 2019 2:07 PM

Aug 2013
Poor Emma.

Ray was also depressed about Norman.

Only two episodes.

Mar 14, 2019 2:11 PM

Apr 2015
A very emotional episode, but the ending made it so much better. Even after Norman's "shipment", Ray & Emma have not given up the fight yet eventho they were showing great depression and emptiness. Great acting skills!

This face is telling me the final 2 episodes are gonna be absolutely LIT!
Mar 14, 2019 2:18 PM

Nov 2011
Anyone else bored with this anime thanks to the past 5 episodes? The build up to "Oh hey we're surrounded by a cliff" you basically just wasted all that time. Like yeah we're at the climax now but what good is it if there is no confirmed 2nd season and the show is over in 2 episodes.

Bet money Norman is alive.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 14, 2019 2:32 PM

Oct 2018
I don't think Norman is dead

I think Mama is hiding him,and she actually wants them to escape
Mar 14, 2019 2:36 PM

May 2018
With 2 more 2 go it would be a question if this will end in a cliff hanger or a half cooked ending.
Mar 14, 2019 2:38 PM

Jun 2017
NOT GONNA SPOILER BUT PREPARE FOR THE LAST 2 EPS TO BE FUCKING LIT BOIS!

Man, this is just a wonderful adaptation so far. Pretty damn sure this will be getting an S2.
Mar 14, 2019 2:53 PM

Nov 2016
What an emotional episode, I loved it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 14, 2019 2:58 PM
Feb 2019
I want to know what tha heck was mom's expression when Norman ask her if she was happy o.O

It was weird guys i tell ya :P
" THE BIRD OF HERMES IS MY NAME, EATING MY WINGS TO MAKE ME TAME... "
Mar 14, 2019 3:01 PM
Jul 2018
FUCK ISABELLA
Okay now that I got that out of my chest I can comment.
This anime portrays despair even better than Attack on Titan. It's really a masterpiece when it comes to that. The people who made the anime really know what they're doing.
Unfortunately, I recently got spoiled that
and it really makes me wonder why she smiled like that at that scene. I feel like she's planning something or idk.
Also Norman's definitely not dead (Not a spoiler, just guessing), I don't think they even tried making us believe that he is, it's pretty obvious.
Mar 14, 2019 3:04 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode, they're really nailing this.

Emma and Ray were totally devastated after it seemed as though Norman was shipped away but they're clever kids. They made Mama overconfident and acted totally depressed while secretly planning their escape.

That ending scene was so hype. They totally had me when I read the manga long ago. XD
Mar 14, 2019 3:07 PM
Mar 2017
What a sad episode, it hurt me to see Emma and Ray so depressed and hopeless, Norman's departure was a very hard blow.

The flashback of when Norman got cold was very touching, loli Emma was so cute and noisy and Ray was the same as how he is now.
When Isabella takes Norman to his final destination, I was surprised by Isabella's reaction when the kid asked her if she was happy, what is she hiding?, will she have a weak point, this woman cold as ice? and what will really happen to Norman?, his reaction when he sees what was behind the door gives me hope that he lives, but there may also be something that is perhaps worse than death.
Isabella offers Emma to recommend her to be a "mom" in the future, but obviously the girl refuses and Isabella gives up and leaves her depressed until is her turn to leave. As for Ray, seems that he also reached his limit and he already accepted his cruel destiny and surrenders, shortly after Emma joins his depressed friend.
The days pass and the day before Ray birthday arrives and he has to leave, in his last incursion in the orphanage Emma finds him and they talk about Ray's last day in Gracefield, but Ray asked Emma if it was true that she had given up and Emma's face shows that she already has everything planned for the great escape.
What was Emma doing at the time when she looked as if her soul had died?
Mar 14, 2019 3:08 PM

Mar 2017
This episode was full of emotions. I don't believe Norman really died.
Ray is in total despair.
Emma still doesn't seem to have given up.
Mar 14, 2019 3:17 PM
Nov 2013
Great ep but....one question..
we keep hearing moms, about children, how at max at 12 years, you are supposedly shipped (or well, we know what that's suppose to mean)....

So....what am i missing here? If i somehow mixed my biology class, you still need adult male to actually "produce" these children (or well, help in that :P ). Did i miss something, or is anime so far somehow entirely missed this entire thing. Like, if all male are "shipped" by 12 at best, who's actually producing these children. As i understood, all male are suppose to be dead before they ever can help with that, so, how then?
Mar 14, 2019 3:18 PM

Apr 2017
if the second half of the last episode hurt, then this was a wholeass rollercoaster of sadness. man....really had me tearing up. all the memories the trio shared and the massive impact norman's departure had on them was so real, like i felt their pain. emma and norman's final goodbye......good lord, that packed a real punch. but it seems that emma and ray aren't done with their plans.

also, i LOVED the music used this episode.
Mar 14, 2019 3:30 PM

May 2010
juicykitten95 said:

yeh absolutely agree that panel in the manga was alot better

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
DeadlyRavenMar 26, 2019 8:25 PM
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I'm in a dilemma help ( 1 2 )

Saphhh - Mar 25

51 by EpicAlphaMale »»
Apr 1, 1:40 AM

» Best Season of Anime Ever?

bigeli2020 - Jul 18, 2022

47 by Zimmu »»
Mar 25, 12:35 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

567 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

295 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 4, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

245 by WuzWutz »»
Feb 22, 7:35 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.