Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Mar 16, 2019 7:35 AM
Jan 2016
I think there's something about Norman's sending, I believe the HQ did another thing to him...and what am I really curious about is the last smile from Emma,I think she already set a plan, just like Mom said, it's impossible to escape but I really don't want to see those kids are just giving up easily, man.
Mar 16, 2019 7:58 AM
Jul 2018
mama's reaction when norman asked her is she's happy gave me chills
Mar 16, 2019 8:38 AM

Oct 2012
I really like how they've been handling the last episodes. They changed a few things and rushed others at the beginning - and that pissed me off a bit because I thought it was better in the manga -, but now they're handling it so well! I guess they wanted to rush the first part a bit just so they could fit all the important things in those episodes. Well done~~

The HYPE for the next episodes!!!!!!!
(And I loved how they featured the omake when they were kids and stuff nghhhhh ♥♥)

soibra said:
mama's reaction when norman asked her is she's happy gave me chills

I really love Isabella's character construction. She's a great villain.
MaahHeimMar 16, 2019 9:02 AM
Mar 16, 2019 9:33 AM

Jun 2013
This part was better in the manga because of Emma's internal monologue and struggle. It didn't really translate as well but it was still a good episode in my opinion.

I cannot wait for the last two episodes and I really hope they make a second season. I truly hope they do because there is so much more to the story that needs to be animated.

What I really loved was the last scene of Emma's smirk and twisted facial expression.
臭い-
Mar 16, 2019 11:16 AM

Sep 2016
Emma's face at the end was very unsettling...
Mar 16, 2019 3:38 PM

Feb 2015
Norman revealed that the farm is next to other farms and that due to the cliff, the only way out is through a bridge that is probably in the central base. Norman is picking his things up and remembered when he was younger and sick and Emma gave him a tin can telephone. Norman said goodbye to everyone, Emma tried to give him another oportunity, but Norman avoided her, Isabella threatened her. Isabella took Norman to a room next to the entrance of the farm. Emma and Ray fell into depression, Isabella proposed Emma to become a mama and she refused. The months passed and Ray's pick up day is going to arrive, Emma talked with him about not to give up.

Wow, Norman's parting was really heartbreaking, Emma and Ray got really depressed, and despite that was real sadness, they still have a plan to execute. I'm a little confused about Isabella's intentions, first, she got surprised when Norman asked her if she is happy and second, she kind of has favoritism?, I could notice her smile watching Ray suffer in his depression and she barely have intentions in saving Emma, I really would like to know what she's thinking about the kids, what she really wants.
Mar 16, 2019 4:09 PM
Mar 2019
For me the next episode is going to be a crazy cliffhanger
Because Norman's death is not certain yet can't wait
Mar 16, 2019 10:18 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Not really a spoiler but

Mar 17, 2019 7:46 AM
Jan 2019
What a sad episode. That farewell so painful and more if you add memories of childhood :( Be aware that this person will not go to live in another place but will die and you will never see her again.
But, I'm more than sure that Norman is not dead, he planned something. And I think Don and Gilda know something about it.
I'd like to see what Norman saw in that waiting room.
Now with the collection of Ray, the chances of escape are almost nil. I can not wait to see the next chapter.
Mar 17, 2019 7:50 AM
Aug 2018
A really sad episode, I was so mentally influenced that I will so empty right now...
Mar 17, 2019 11:06 AM

Mar 2018
I really, really hope Norman is alive but from what we saw in the flashbacks it seems they only keep certain girls alive to become mothers. I didn't like the show that much when it started but the last three episodes have been really great so far. Only two more to go.
Mar 17, 2019 12:36 PM
Dec 2017
oh emma calm down ur not a vilian :D ye this show is good from begining til now. rip norman :(
Mar 17, 2019 4:00 PM

Oct 2013
Oh boy, Norman.. :( We could experience several very sad moments. But I have a feeling he did not die, not because of famous "plot armour", but simply because that scene with him on the bridge looked awkward and did not imply his death. What's more, unlike Krone's death, his "death scene" was way shorter, which would be strange for one of main characters.

Norman and Emma as little kids looked cute and acted in a cute way as well! Their friendship was strong, so it's easier to understand Emma's emotions towards Norman being chosen to be the next kid to be eaten by demons.

I was told some time by a person who is familiar with Yakusoku no Neverland's manga that these last episodes from anime adaptation should be awesome. Well, looking only at the newest episode (Ep. 10, I mean) I can say that I can't wait to see next ones! :D Emma and Ray's sight was kinda demonic, but I treat it as a prelude for further actions to get out of this mansion.
Mar 17, 2019 7:49 PM
Jun 2017
norman is dead (based on this episode), up next is ray. can they still do anything about it, well lets see about it...
Mar 18, 2019 6:12 AM

Jan 2011
Since we weren't shown it I highly doubt Norman was actually killed.
Mar 18, 2019 6:23 AM

Jun 2017
Emma and Ray had me at first, I really thought that they gave up and I thought that Norman was going to get stabbed by a demon for sure, but then, Norman entered that gate and wasn't shown to be dead, then he's not dead yet.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Mar 18, 2019 11:03 AM

Oct 2013
Nice, nice, nice! Ray and Emma just playing being depressive. Those eyes of Ray and Emma in the end... fuck yeah!

And somehow I think they have planned something really biiiiig.

Also... Mama didnt seem to be as bad as it looks like during this episode. Wondering if she helped Norman to escape?

Norman didnt die... I hope, I think. Otherwise we would have seen it. Because it would have been one of the most epic deaths of a protagonist. It would have been even more heartbreaking than it was. I trust in you, Norman.

And it was really cute how Norman was close to tell Emma that he loves her.

Cant wait for the next episode!

Until the very end of this episode I barely could breathe. It hurt so much that Norman had to go. But hope has come back!
My only regret is having regrets!
Mar 18, 2019 3:35 PM

Sep 2014
one of the better episodes, there is still hope for this show!

We got to see a more human side of Mom, Ray and Emma tricked everyone, and Norman actually died? Thats somewhat surprising.

I hope the last 2 eps are just as good!
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 18, 2019 10:36 PM

Oct 2014
That scene when the three main kids were younger and Norman was sick so Emma kept trying to talk to him even though Isabella tried to keep her from getting sick was heartbreaking. When they all thought life was good and that Isabella cared for them. Bit of a slow second half but I liked the episode and gosh I'm dying to know how it ends, that's going to be super important to me in determining how good the series is, where and how do they end it knowing there's only enough time to cover one arc.
Also, when Isabella talks to Emma after Norman leaves, she seemed a little consoling but in a condescending way, like there's no good way to tel Emma she's going to die, and she even tried to offer another option, but to no avail. But that last glance she gave in the scene looked genuinely sympathetic! We saw she tried to escape when she was younger so maybe she's got something planned.
Mar 19, 2019 10:24 PM

Apr 2014
is it just my bad memory or did the anime make it really obvious that (spoiler for those who haven't read the manga)

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2019 5:02 PM
Jul 2016
ErnaGhoul said:
I have a feel that actually Norman is alive.

Ofcourse hes alive, the shows overly predictable.
Mar 20, 2019 5:29 PM

Apr 2018
I still believe that Norman is ALIVE!!! I wonder what happens in the next two eps. Its gonna be a wild ride and I knew that they both didnt give up yet, they were just waiting.
Mar 20, 2019 5:29 PM

Feb 2019
The show is not that predictable. Sure Norman is alive but i wouldn't have guessed the cliff...
“EL PSY CONGROO!!!” ― Hououin Kyouma
Mar 21, 2019 2:17 PM

Feb 2007
luinthoron said:
Given Mom's own past, I can't help but wonder whether she plans to raise Emma into her successor.

Heh, I can't believe I was right, she actually made her this offer... Emma hasn't given up on the current kids yet, though, so offer rejected. :D
Mar 22, 2019 3:29 PM

Oct 2008
Watched from delayed [GJM] subs
Despair episode i guess?
i wonder why Emma villainous eyes at the end?...
5/5.

Mar 23, 2019 4:36 AM

May 2016
I'm surprised that they added the cute 4-koma shorts found at the end of some chapters but finding out about what happened to Norman made those scenes a lot more emotional for me since I haven't reached that far into the source material before watching this. No matter what Emma tried to do to stop Norman from getting shipped out, nothing could've been done to change the situation in the end.

Even if it wasn't explicitly shown, I still can't be a hundred percent sure about what happened to Norman because I can't think of any other fate that awaits him other than getting shipped out because they don't hire guys back at HQ. An unexpected month-long timeskip didn't help confirming anything at all but Emma still has something up her sleeve. Her devilish smile is very worrying to say the least.

Mar 23, 2019 11:34 PM

Mar 2017
It is still really sad...
I'm reading the manga but this moment is truly one of the saddest parts ever.

gosh i love the three so much ;w;

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Mar 24, 2019 1:12 AM

Apr 2014
-Just based on the directing, I believe Norman is still alive somehow... After giving Krone such a dramatic sendoff, the expectation would be that one of the protagonists would receive the same.

-Isabella thinks she's won and that she's succeeded breaking Ray and Emma, but I doubt it. They could be putting on a show in order to advance a contingency plan. That grin may not be Emma succumbing to the dark side, but perhaps a grin of success?

-Norman took the string phone. Did he also take Krone's stuff with him?

-Isabella projecting her feelings in that conversation with Emma O_o
Mar 24, 2019 11:17 PM
Dec 2017
Just...wow. I really doubt that Norman's dead but the effect of him leaving really got me. It was so sad because it seemed like Emma and Ray had just given up on life... I seriously can't stand Isabella. She actually had the nerve to walk in on Emma and tell her to give up and then smile as she saw Ray in a depressed state. How sick... Anyway, I'm glad that they didn't actually give up. Great episode.
Mar 26, 2019 8:30 PM

May 2009
Thread Cleaned

Be careful with spoilers, especially when making a comparison with the manga.
Mar 29, 2019 11:16 PM

Aug 2016
Omg, that was so sad. I don't think Norman is dead (no death scene). I fucking hate Isabella. There's no way she loves these kids. The only reason she is a mama is because she was afraid of death.
Mar 30, 2019 7:46 PM
Jun 2014
Normal might still be alive, but here we go again with the Japanese's fucked up way of thinking. They seriously romanticize killing themselves for some cause. It's truly fucked up. Norman could have tried something, but in the end, he wanted to be killed for this cause. Fucking japs.
Mar 31, 2019 2:44 PM

Dec 2016
Pretty good episode, but goddamn did they drop the ball on the final scene, at least compared to the manga
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 9, 2019 1:46 AM

Jul 2012
Sick Norman and genki Emma was really cute. I like how she broke the caution tape to get back in hahaha.

Norman is obviously not dead, but I have no idea what happened to him either.

And we still don't know exactly what Sister Krone left behind for Norman...

I just saw the manga panel of that last shot. This is some really nice art.
Apr 19, 2019 10:26 PM

Oct 2017
Sadly Norman is forced to leave his friends. It was sad watching him actually leave, especially with the way that Emma reacted. Regardless, I don’t think he actually died and we’ll see him again.

I liked that ray and Emma didn’t give in to despair. Instead losing ray seemed to make them stronger. They weren’t ready to give in and are still formulating plans.
Apr 22, 2019 11:57 PM

Apr 2014
so norman it seems something else happened with him

but as for ray and emma that smile in the end is good making what i was thinking was right a new plan did come up and im sure norman had a part in it before he left

gonna be interesting to see just what they gonna do

also what happened with norman was actually a good thing imo cause it helped emma and ray grow hell made them all grow stronger not to mention she thinks they gave up making her lower her guard as she thinks she won lol

loving this series
"one step at a time"
Apr 28, 2019 3:41 AM

May 2013
Dark Emma, yums P;

It hurt to see my Top 2 lookin' so depressed :(

Poor Norman. I'm praying he has plot armor lmfaooooo. He's been scared of dying since the beginning :( Ofc he doesn't wanna go.
May 1, 2019 11:57 AM

May 2017
Damn I think the mom does actually care a bit about Emma in her own sinister way, prob saw a little bit of herself in her maybe idk

Emma gonna go dark now or why that evil looking smile lol

Oh yea rip Norman, I wonder what he saw
May 2, 2019 5:53 PM

Feb 2013
Maybe Norman escaped somehow.
Wow, they haven't given up yet, what are they planing?
May 13, 2019 12:07 AM

Jan 2015
Really emotional sendoff to Norman. Kind of hoping they don't reveal that he's actually alive.

Music was great, as expected.

Got serious Lupin III vibes at the end!
May 21, 2019 5:07 PM

Jan 2019
Shit is about to happen.
May 26, 2019 4:16 AM

Apr 2015
Would this have been better had I not read spoilers?

Perhaps...
May 31, 2019 1:07 AM

May 2012
No wonder he came back.. seriously though that's pretty insane looking forward to see what's next.
May 31, 2019 1:30 AM

May 2012
Damn that sure was quite the sad episode, shame Norman is really gone.. But I do wonder what Emma will do!
Jun 8, 2019 10:13 PM

Nov 2013
So far, this has been a fascinating mystery, but everyone's giving up. It seems their escape is hopeless.
But they don't show Norman's death. What was that room? Could it be he was accepted into some sort of special status?
Makes me wonder what the author/writer is saying here.
Jun 10, 2019 8:14 AM

Mar 2016
Farewell Norman, he has served as the dearest friend for everyone and especially for Ray and Emma. As the most genius kid around, the rebels losing him is a huge setback.
Though I'm really sure his fate is dire! In fact, from what has been hinted, it seems that he's not gonna be served as food. I don't know what'll happen to him for sure, but as far as I can speculate, he will stay alive, somewhere, somehow. It'd be nice if he manages to reunite with his friends months or years down the line.

Ray has given up, Emma lost her motivation. But surely, none of them can let all that Norman has done be in vain right?

Jun 10, 2019 8:15 AM

Mar 2016
DarthHund said:
After Norman gets shipped out there is a two months time skip.

Use the spoiler tags for spoilers
Example:
Jun 10, 2019 1:12 PM
Feb 2018
ShadowkillZ_ said:
DarthHund said:
After Norman gets shipped out there is a two months time skip.

Use the spoiler tags for spoilers
Example:

Jun 12, 2019 2:15 PM

Mar 2016

Jun 15, 2019 11:44 PM

Mar 2015
That's so sad about Norman. :(
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» I'm in a dilemma help ( 1 2 )

Saphhh - Mar 25

51 by EpicAlphaMale »»
Apr 1, 1:40 AM

» Best Season of Anime Ever?

bigeli2020 - Jul 18, 2022

47 by Zimmu »»
Mar 25, 12:35 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

567 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

295 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 4, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

245 by WuzWutz »»
Feb 22, 7:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.