Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Real Girl
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 12, 2019 10:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, this episode further develops the relationship between Tsutsui and Iroha. However, I think their relationship reached to their next level both physically and emotionally.

They actually did the deed! Welcome to adulthood, Tsutsui lol. They finally did it after all this time. It's about damn time. I'm happy for those two. This happened in the manga too as I remember in the late story.
Stark700Mar 12, 2019 10:32 AM
Mar 12, 2019 12:36 PM
Jan 2016
I am trully glad that Tsutsui and Iroha relationship developed to the next level, after all this time they finaly did that!

The man from in was really interesting!

Tsutsui camping in Iroha's house door, her brother finally did something good, he is not that bad after all!

The scene at pool, where they start being a couple, it completely touched me, finaly she told him what is happening, was a damn sad moment!
Mar 12, 2019 12:45 PM

Jan 2015
Damn, this is YLIA again. Please don't do this to me.
Mar 12, 2019 12:58 PM
Apr 2016
Tsutsui did it finally, I'm glad he didn't cry like SOMEONE, yes, you, Ito... That ending, damn, that's a new emotion from an anime, I felt uneasy and sad, it was tragic... Ah, I don't want her to die, but I feel like that's inevitable...
Mar 12, 2019 1:06 PM

Sep 2016
Not amused. Just... predictable.

Oh they'll definitely meet up in the end and she'll remember anyway, just like
. Everything always works out in the end in this series. Glad this is coming to an end.
<GENERIC SIGNATURE>
Mar 12, 2019 1:07 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
While it didn't go exactly as planned its nice to see that both enjoyed their time at the beach. They sure were lucky to find a place to stay for the night though. The inn owner sure was a direct person. If anything the inn sure provided the perfect opportunity for the two to expand their relationship. It was amusing seeing their friends notice the change in Hikari after the deed. Still despite this looks like time's up for Iroha forcing her to take the dreaded action. To think that the reason for Iroha's time limit is the surgery. The risks for it though sure were high. The final scene sure was an emotional one. An excellent ep that did well in balancing the different emotions within it by starting sweet and warm and gradually making things more serious and heavy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2019 1:18 PM

Sep 2018
Damn having sex for the first time really helped Tsutsun mature both as boyfriend and a person and that last scene and the change in animation when he realised whats really going on ugh that feeling just pure sadness...
well that's just my opinion.....
Mar 12, 2019 1:45 PM

Jul 2017
I think this episode proves more than anything how much the show has improved when compared to S1. The animation was consistent and some pretty unique imagery was added in. It was nice to have a dedicated focus to one set of characters this time around.
9/10 Episode.
Overall (So Far): 8.25/10
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Mar 12, 2019 3:11 PM

Apr 2015
They finally did it! Was about time, since Ito beat him to it.

That dedication to talk to Iroha, just go camp outside her home! Iroha's brother isn't actually too bad after all, eventually letting Hikari enter their home to talk to her.

Damn that final scene, was heartbreaking. That change of animation was actually pretty cool, didn't expect that. Oh boy, what will the ending bring us, I am expecting a not so happy ending right now...
Mar 12, 2019 4:20 PM

Jul 2017
zamandzoe said:
I think this episode proves more than anything how much the show has improved when compared to S1. The animation was consistent and some pretty unique imagery was added in. It was nice to have a dedicated focus to one set of characters this time around.

It has been progressing this way in small steps.

With that said, my man Tsutsui, welcome to the adult life. Finally seeing this part animated from the manga feels so wholesome.

But that represents another problem: Iroha's brain surgery. And Tsutsui has the guts to camp outside her house with her irritating brother wanting to chase him away (as per Iroha's requests), but finally gave in to Tsutsui's relentlessness to see his life-endangered sister. See, he's not so bad after all!

And damn, that ending. Kanashii, Ureshii. Lots of emotions run dry and thankfully Tsutsui isn't another Itou with tears running down in fear.

With this ending, this will be the 3/4-mark down in the manga series, and hopefully the staff will do justice in the deliverance of the last 2 episodes.
Mar 12, 2019 5:07 PM
Aug 2018
begija said:
Damn i feel the same, hope she makes it.
Mar 12, 2019 5:08 PM
Aug 2018
TheSmilingShoujo said:

. Everything always works out in the end in this series. Glad this is coming to an end.
Did you forget about your lie in april? couldnt this be going in the same direction
Mar 12, 2019 5:58 PM

Nov 2016
The scene where Tsutsun's world turned pitch black was nicely done.

And yeah, definitely a very sad episode. Sucks that it would take this turn after everything seemed so perfect.

But on the bright side of things, Irohas brother would definitely approve their relationship now and Inn owner was MVP among the shippers.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 12, 2019 7:16 PM

May 2018
Thanks to all of the source reader that, with no shame, spoiling the ending, now I'm not surprise with that final scene. But a plus credit to the anime that made the sad scene looks perfect with the animation they served, also the seiyuus made the atmosphere even better.

Welcome to the adulthood, Tsuttsun. Damn, that escalated quickly. Ishino Takanashi when ? (Or maybe we don't need to know because... they must be done it, right ?)
Mar 12, 2019 7:25 PM
Jun 2017
Well this is it, FINAL 2 EPISODES REMAINING!!!

This episode is just A SAD ONE... i meanit answered my question if she is sick, and well its going to be a BRAIN SURGERY!!! It is true that there is a high chance that she could forget many things after that one...

And how sad this can be, she have said her GODDBYE TO TSUTSUI on the place they started to become a couple. Im ready for this finale...
Mar 12, 2019 7:48 PM

Aug 2017
When she said she wasn't transferring schools in episode 9 I thought that meant she wasn't actually leaving so I was a bit confused in this episode. This plot twist was really great I can see this either ending sadly or having a generic happy ending.
Mar 12, 2019 8:12 PM

Aug 2017
really touching episode..can't wait for the final 2 episodes of the series
Mar 12, 2019 9:14 PM

Mar 2016
Well, we have three scenarios:

1. She dies during surgery, SWKNU style.
2. She survives the surgery, but she'll lose some memories (all memories involving Tsui will be gone, of course), like the First Fifty Dates movie, I know there's an anime with a similar storytelling but can't remember the name.
3. She survives the surgery and she continues with her ordinary life, relationship with Tsui included, the generic happy ending we all know and some others hate.

Which one is going to be?
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Mar 12, 2019 10:15 PM

Aug 2013
el_morris said:

2. She survives the surgery, but she'll lose some memories (all memories involving Tsui will be gone, of course), like the First Fifty Dates movie, I know there's an anime with a similar storytelling but can't remember the name.
3. She survives the surgery and she continues with her ordinary life, relationship with Tsui included, the generic happy ending we all know and some others hate.

I'm hoping for happy ending. You say it's generic, but there are so many tragic stories out there, that I'd really like for the lovers to actually be happy for a change...
Mar 12, 2019 11:42 PM
Dec 2016
begija said:

T_____________________T

damn you.
Mar 12, 2019 11:48 PM
Dec 2016
oh man, April is coming.

manga ends time ago, so this will be a quest not spoiled what it's coming.. hope she made it and even if she looses her memory I bet Tsutsui will become her first (for second time) x)
Mar 13, 2019 12:49 AM

Sep 2016
TeEZeGG said:
TheSmilingShoujo said:

Did you forget about your lie in april? couldnt this be going in the same direction

No, but this series has always been on the happy path. I'm almost 100% certain that the chick will survive and end up with that cuck anyway.
<GENERIC SIGNATURE>
Mar 13, 2019 1:15 AM

Sep 2018
Well that was a serious twist and a major bomb to drop with 2 episodes to go. Does this mean another season is on the cards or will it be wrapped up in a couple of weeks?
Mar 13, 2019 1:50 AM

Nov 2017
This sums up my thoughts of the last episodes and the whole anime/manga

Mar 13, 2019 2:20 AM

Sep 2018
el_morris said:

Going Your lie in april-way would be just cruel( Since they were a couple but Kaori and Arima were not-so Arima could move on), losing memories could go 2 ways;she remembers him when they maat again or she doesnt(wouldnt mind this), happy ending would be kind off generic(but im still hope for it)
Mar 13, 2019 2:29 AM

Feb 2018
Yeah boy they finally did it, taking their relationship to next step. I'm so glad.

camping outside of iroha's house to meet her is what you'd expect of him

Finally the reveal at the pool, that was sad to hear, that animation and imagery reminded of 3gatsu no lion for some reason,it was well done.

Ah man i really hope the surgery is a success and she retains her memories
Mar 13, 2019 2:34 AM

Aug 2013
saw it coming
but still.. damn

at least he got laid!
Mar 13, 2019 5:11 AM

Jul 2014
So, she's finally told him, albeit right at the last minute and just after having sex with him. With two episodes left, I have to wonder how they'll take up the time outside of the surgery and its aftermath. As for how that will all go, my assumption is that she'll survive (as I can't see this show killing her off, considering its normal tone) but will lose some memories, forcing Tsutsui to try and get her to fall in love with him all over again. That seems the most logical ending from here, but the show may throw one final curveball yet.

Also, I really liked how they visually conveyed Tsutsui's state of mind immediately after Iroha told him the truth; this show has rarely been notable visually, but this was a definite exception.
Mar 13, 2019 8:22 AM

Apr 2013
el_morris said:

It could be any one of those three, but i'm thinking she'll survive the surgery and have amnesia, but perhaps at the very end we'll get a hint that her memories are starting to come back.
Mar 13, 2019 10:58 AM

Dec 2014
ok nice...I was a bit scared after the last episode...but it seems that she will not die just yet...I HOPE SHE SURVIVES
Mar 13, 2019 3:43 PM

Oct 2008
Such Emotional Dramatic Episode!
So Iroha had already done sex with TsuTsun...
So Iroha have amnesia type of disease?
Is this disease some kind of Super Ultra Legenrady Mythical Rare Disease!? oh man HOW LAME!!!
3/5.

I got so hit by this one script from Iroha: "I didn't think... I would end up loving you so much"

Mar 13, 2019 8:25 PM

Dec 2013
el_morris said:
I know there's an anime with a similar storytelling but can't remember the name.

ef: A Tale of Memories
If an otaku in Springfield sees the "Moe's Bar" sign, wouldn't he mistake it for a Maid Café?
Mar 14, 2019 4:48 AM
May 2016
matias067 said:
Such Emotional Dramatic Episode!
So Iroha had already done sex with TsuTsun...
So Iroha have amnesia type of disease?
Is this disease some kind of Super Ultra Legenrady Mythical Rare Disease!? oh man HOW LAME!!!
3/5.

I got so hit by this one script from Iroha: "I didn't think... I would end up loving you so much"

Her disease is brain tumor. Operable brain tumor, but still very dangerous. Because of it's location it may effect her memories.
Mar 14, 2019 8:32 AM
Aug 2018
Farmaceut said:
el_morris said:

Going Your lie in april-way would be just cruel( Since they were a couple but Kaori and Arima were not-so Arima could move on), losing memories could go 2 ways;she remembers him when they maat again or she doesnt(wouldnt mind this), happy ending would be kind off generic(but im still hope for it)
I think the name of the one you cant remember is Golden time but i dont know what you're thinking tho
Mar 14, 2019 8:57 AM

Sep 2018
TeEZeGG said:
Farmaceut said:

I think the name of the one you cant remember is Golden time but i dont know what you're thinking tho

Its also kinda like the ending of ReLife....
Mar 14, 2019 10:53 AM
Jan 2019
1. They did it. It moves me and surprises me. It was the first time of both.
The lord of the inn was great 😅.
2. So what Igarashi had all this time was "brain cancer". DAMN! This made me really sad. Watching Tsutsui cry and listen to Igarashi "I ended up loving you too much" broke my heart and moved me to tears. I can not believe that he is at risk of dying, and if that is not the case, he will forget all the memories he lived with Tsutsui, his family and his friends. This is really sad and painful😟.
3. Knowing Tsutsui, he is a great person, I think he will continue next to Iroha until the last moment. And if she survives the operation, I'm sure he'll do everything he can to make her fall in love again or at least be part of his life as a friend. (If this will happen to me in real life, it would be me.) It would hurt, but at least I would try.)
4. I can not wait to see the next chapter 😭.
PS: I know it's a fictional series, but it does not stop touching me.o
Mar 14, 2019 12:54 PM

Sep 2018
so they finally did it huh, i never thought Tsutsun would actually did it and now they finally did it

damn, now i understand Igarashi san's brother, he's not actually a bad guy, he just cares dearly for both of them i guess, he wants to break them up for Tsutsun's sake as well since he'll most likely be more hurt than anybody else when she dies since he fell in love with her, tragic i guess

so it's becoming like Your Lie on April, she's already setting a death flag for herself by sleeping with Tsutsun

It can also be like Isshuukan Friends where she loses all her memories with Tsutsun so even if the surgery succeeds, it's like she's a different person now and she wouldn't believe that she, a very high class hot woman dated a loser otaku like Tsutsun since she has no recollection of Tsutsun anymore and her bad experiences with hot handsome athletic guys in the past so she'll go back to thinking choosing a hot upperclassmen is better, some hot senpai over an otaku loser, gg either way, sad life ahead of Tsutsun
GreenlandballMar 14, 2019 1:00 PM
Mar 14, 2019 1:49 PM

May 2018
Welp. Tsutsui and Iroha. had sex. mow come the reality of Iroha of having to go under the knife to remove a bug in her brain......Man, what made them think that such operation contributes to memory loss. It's not like the original creator is a brain surgeon.
Mar 14, 2019 9:24 PM

Sep 2018
Another cheessssy episode but it feels so wrong! whatever.
I thought it's another LDR and they make big deal out of it, but yeah.. it's sad.
I like it if the man do so much effort, *thumbs up*
Mar 15, 2019 7:56 PM
Mar 2015
After a night of intimacy it the long goodbye Glad they met one last time before her surgery
Mar 16, 2019 12:21 PM

Jan 2019
Noooo I knew it was coming but still was sad to watch.

Mar 16, 2019 9:19 PM

Oct 2012
The hints from the last couple of episodes coupled with the way Iroha, very unfairly (although understandably I suppose) just dropped Hikari really dulled the impact of what she revealed at the end. At least for me.

At the same time, the way she's been able to live her life, knowing what was ahead, is very commendable.
Mar 19, 2019 6:52 AM

Jan 2015
I found old key visual of s2 when it was announced. Now that I look at it, it is kinda a huge spoiler, so look at your own risk
Mar 22, 2019 3:43 AM

Mar 2009
God, the relationships in this show are so damn shallow.
Mar 30, 2019 3:22 PM

Jan 2011
Manly tears were cried...

This was the Homura moment in the show, when we finally find out what's underneath Igarashi's behaviour. She's been bottling up and hiding the truth for the past five months. She knew that every memory she made with Hikari and her friends could be gone, that she had no right to think about forever relationships, or what would happen next year. That's a pretty tough burden for a 17/18 year old to bear.
rodacMar 30, 2019 3:32 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 5, 2019 12:57 PM

Aug 2017
About time MC manned up and sealed the deal with Iroha. Better to impregnate though if possible.

So she has a brain tumor? That's dumb, she would have been showing symptoms. She doesn't have a bug/infection as no one carries on normally with life with a brain infection. And no one waits 6 months to treat whatever she has going on. This show is retarded.

Happy ending would be good but I doubt it's happening. She'll die and lame MC will be alone forever, which is also happy for me. Or she could survive and be comatose forever.
CarbonMDApr 5, 2019 1:01 PM
Jun 15, 2019 8:35 AM

Aug 2017
Tsutsui and Iroha have sex lmao.

I hope that she dies during surgery.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 16, 2019 2:55 AM

Nov 2014
Finally HikarixIroha reach adulthood :D still second to ItouxAyado tho. Still, funny looking at Tsutsui(Hikari) and Itou talking about their first doin it with their GF haha.

The HikarixIroha moments really crafted well in this episode, with the happiness to the sadness and lotsa feel in it.

Well the climax reaching soon(prepare for the feel train T_T). pretty Great episode 2 more to go :).
Sep 17, 2019 10:47 AM

Jan 2016
so, Tsutsui broke his promise to Iroha's brother and had sex with Iroha. damn, you naughty boy . Instinct always surpass ethical commitment in these kind of situations

great episode
9/10 for this episode

saeed1mSep 18, 2019 12:14 AM
Jan 4, 2020 11:37 PM

Sep 2016
Welp, I knew from the confession scene with the lewd thoughts that Ayado-san was going to take Itou's V card (forcibly or not), but I didn't think that Tsuitsui was going to lose it too.
Well, for one time, glad to be wrong.

Now to the issue, well, it was kinda obvious, then the awkward phrasing when Tsuntsun confronted Iroha's brother kinda gave it away with that double entendre.

Let's see how the series will wrap up.
*prepares tissues*
bruh
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2019

158 by bakakisima »»
Jan 12, 12:30 PM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2019

28 by bakakisima »»
Jan 11, 12:17 PM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2019

45 by bakakisima »»
Jan 11, 9:21 AM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2019

41 by bakakisima »»
Jan 11, 7:49 AM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2019

59 by fukumenkei »»
Nov 16, 2023 4:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.