Forum Settings
Forums

Doom Annihilation: the next Hollywood dumpster fire

New
Mar 12, 2019 12:30 AM

Feb 2015
Surprised this wasn't posted on here yet:

You know you done fucked up when you make the 2005 Doom movie look good.
Mar 12, 2019 1:51 AM

Jul 2009
I'm one of the few weird people who actually enjoyed the original 2005 film. Sure it was cheese supreme, but the cast was fairly memorable (especially The Rock) and the suspense was legit. I love watching the reruns of it on local TV.

This one honestly looks like a direct-to-video production. No one asked for a new Doom film lmao.

Mar 12, 2019 6:55 AM

Feb 2019
Why does this look like a fan project?

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Mar 12, 2019 7:51 PM

Feb 2013
Skittles said:
I'm one of the few weird people who actually enjoyed the original 2005 film. Sure it was cheese supreme, but the cast was fairly memorable (especially The Rock) and the suspense was legit. I love watching the reruns of it on local TV.

As a stand-alone popcorn flick, it's great. IMO it's easier to watch if you don't try to draw any correlation between it and the source material.

Skittles said:
This one honestly looks like a direct-to-video production.

It is.

Skittles said:
No one asked for a new Doom film lmao.

Sure we did. Someone just forgot to tell us that we did. >_>
Mar 12, 2019 8:27 PM
Jul 2018
Looks like it's gonna be extremely bad, and not much potential for "so bad it's good". That was just a really awful trailer.
Mar 12, 2019 8:32 PM

Jun 2016
Please no...
One was more than enough
Doomguy needs to RIP AND TEAR the Hollywood executives that come up with this crap

Mar 12, 2019 9:05 PM

Jul 2009
NTAD said:
As a stand-alone popcorn flick, it's great. IMO it's easier to watch if you don't try to draw any correlation between it and the source material.

I know, right? It was a dumb film for sure, but good ol' dumb fun. And I thought it somewhat touched the source material by having a metal soundtrack and appropriate setting. Sucks there was no Doomguy, but the UAC marines were pretty entertaining in their own right (although The Rock did sorta feel like a homage to Doomguy). The final FPS portion of the film was a total baller.

Just checked online and wow you're right. I always thought Universal only did big screen productions lol.
Mar 12, 2019 9:10 PM

Feb 2013
Skittles said:

Just checked online and wow you're right. I always thought Universal only did big screen productions lol.
After finding out it was being done by the same guy who did Death Race 2 and 3 which were also direct-to-video one could only hope that this was heading straight for the Wally World bargain bin. I can't imagine the budget on this being that big but I also can't help but think they're not going to get any reasonable return on this investment. I've never even heard of this division of Universal before (1440 Entertainment) but looking at their repertoire, it seems they specialize in B movies. Read that as "unnecessary sequels".
NTADMar 12, 2019 9:15 PM
Mar 12, 2019 9:37 PM

Jul 2009
NTAD said:
After finding out it was being done by the same guy who did Death Race 2 and 3 which were also direct-to-video one could only hope that this was heading straight for the Wally World bargain bin. I can't imagine the budget on this being that big but I also can't help but think they're not going to get any reasonable return on this "investment". I've never even heard of this division of Universal before (1440 Entertainment) but looking at their repertoire, it seems they specialize in B movies.

Kinda funny you mentioned Death Race because that's another one of those big dumb films that I highly enjoyed. Like with Doom, I've seen its reruns numerous times on TV. I do enjoy Death Race more than Doom because the former actually has legit cinematography.

But the two sequels? I dropped them both halfway. They weren't even "so bad it's good"; they were absolutely cringeworthy. I'm the farthest thing from a film critic, but the sequels had such low production values that it was even obvious to me they were terrible films. More than that, each Frankenstein after Jason Statham was a mistake lmao.

I've also never heard of that division either, but I'm guessing they function like The Aslyum, which is the production house responsible for making low budget Syfy films like Sharknado. We shouldn't underestimate the investment decisions of these studios though because the budgets of their films are so cheap that high returns aren't necessary for them to make a profit. The Asylum has produced a good number of films and none of them have ever been losses.
Mar 13, 2019 9:54 PM
May 2016
Why can't we just have a Doom movie about a badass guy shooting aliens? Why does there have to be a far-too-serious plot or complicated characters?

If I had it my way, the movie would be entirely first-person too, like Hardcore Henry
Mar 17, 2019 4:11 PM

Dec 2018
That was the most unenthusiastic delivery of 'die, die, die' I've ever heard in my life.
I MUST SOMEHOW MAKE SENSE OF OUR CONVOLUTED SITUATION
Mar 17, 2019 7:12 PM

Jun 2014
But, will it be as good as "Mortal Kombat: Annihilation?"

Coach_Koro said:
That was the most unenthusiastic delivery of 'die, die, die' I've ever heard in my life.

This is my favorite version of it:

Mar 18, 2019 8:46 PM

Jun 2015
The last one had the rock in the lead. this one has an insipid girl with an annoying voice. so its the ghostbusters version of doom eh?

this ones for the torrents.

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7567 by pludel2 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Avatar: The Way of Water or Dune: Part Two

AcbSnakeDemon - Apr 20

4 by LoveLikeBlood »»
7 hours ago

» What Are Your Thoughts On The Owl House?

Enderobot - Apr 18

6 by Enderobot »»
11 hours ago

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

10 by not-perfect »»
Today, 2:06 AM

» cardi b fans unite

batslimeman - Apr 18

2 by batslimeman »»
Today, 2:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.