Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 11, 2019 1:47 PM
Jul 2018
Don't worry i don't have any weird intentions ..

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 11, 2019 1:54 PM

Jan 2009
I'm living in the land of poets and thinkers at least, that's what it used to be known for
Mar 11, 2019 2:32 PM

Nov 2017
Noboru said:
I'm living in the land of poets and thinkers at least, that's what it used to be known for

I just checked out your thread about the decline of architecture and arts and I wanted to say that I totally agree with you. This shit's been happening especially in ex-warsaw pact countries due to the so called "socrealism".

before

after
what happened

Mar 11, 2019 5:12 PM

Nov 2017
I live in the lowest and tallest land

plz @ me
Mar 11, 2019 5:52 PM

Oct 2010
America, unfortunately.
Lucky me.
Mar 11, 2019 5:59 PM

Jul 2017
united states of america
a great country ngl if we exclude all the nasty stuff that we do not see normally in our dailylife(im ignoring them on purpose since i consider myself an optimist)
I had not been discriminated against so far, as an international student/outsider
well, until I revealed my passion for anime and online gaming to my peers
Mar 11, 2019 6:03 PM
魏无羡

Aug 2015
canada, pretty good place, don't think I'd ever move unless I had to.

Mar 11, 2019 6:06 PM

Mar 2018
This thread is in direct violation of rule 1. Expect it to be locked, scum.
Help stop the spread of Korean propaganda (KPrOP) and sign this petition!
http://chng.it/Yw8Vzwk4Tg
Mar 11, 2019 9:21 PM

Mar 2017
United States. The midwest to be specific.

USA>>>Every other country
Mar 11, 2019 9:24 PM

Mar 2017
Usagi said:
America, unfortunately.
Lucky me.

*fortunately

usa is the greatest country
Mar 11, 2019 11:21 PM
Feb 2019
In the land of modern European rebellion.
Mar 11, 2019 11:22 PM

Jun 2016
thatrpgdude said:
United States. The midwest to be specific.

Damn straight!

Fuck the 30 character limit I have freedom of speech motherfucker!
Mar 11, 2019 11:27 PM

Apr 2015
United States. East Coast, the best coast.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Mar 12, 2019 12:00 AM

Dec 2016
thatrpgdude said:

well your health care system says otherwise.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Mar 12, 2019 5:57 AM

Oct 2016
Italy. Northern Italy. Where there are Ferrari's at every corner.

Mar 12, 2019 7:57 AM

May 2017
The east coast of Egypt, everything black.

"というわけで。待望の、体 操 服! でっあ~る。祭りであれば、余も着飾ってはいられぬと用意したが……うむ! 心身ともに軽くなったようだ。どうだ? 似合っているであろう、マスター?" - Random Quote From Internet by Saber Nero

Mar 12, 2019 10:09 AM
Aug 2016
I live in the worst country you can think of. Except North Korea.
Mar 12, 2019 3:00 PM

May 2018
I live in the coastal area of Brazil.

useless text
[/center]
Mar 12, 2019 3:08 PM

Oct 2010
Kuroko-chan said:

You live in Venezuela? That's the worst country I can think of atm.
Mar 12, 2019 3:29 PM
Jul 2018
Greece on the region of Macedonia.

Kuroko-chan said:

At least business pay lower taxes than us and you have less bureaucracy and civil servants
Mar 13, 2019 12:47 AM

Oct 2015
i live in the united states... not too bad i guess.
⠀‧⠀

Mar 13, 2019 1:28 AM
Aug 2016
Usagi said:
Kuroko-chan said:

You live in Venezuela? That's the worst country I can think of atm.

Nah, I don't live in Venezuela, my country is worse.
Mar 13, 2019 1:32 AM

Jan 2017
Australia, where the entire population is still 10k under the population of California
Mar 13, 2019 1:37 AM

Aug 2016
Italy. It's beautiful, but I don't really like Italians.

お持ち帰り (/^-^(^ ^*)/ ❤
Mar 13, 2019 5:48 AM

Jun 2016
A little country located in Europe. Latvia.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Mar 13, 2019 1:06 PM

Dec 2017
Land which introduced the concept of the non violence

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Mar 13, 2019 2:22 PM

Jan 2009
Dagvi said:
I just checked out your thread about the decline of architecture and arts and I wanted to say that I totally agree with you. This shit's been happening especially in ex-warsaw pact countries due to the so called "socrealism".
Thank you; also very great examples you've posted there. Haven't heard about the "socrealism", but dull-looking buildings like that are usually the result of not wanting to spend that much money and also of destroying any former identity on the outside.

thevagus said:
Are you referring to Buddhism and thus to India?
Mar 13, 2019 3:28 PM

Oct 2014
I live in the land of saints and scholars
Mar 13, 2019 4:07 PM

Nov 2013
I live in the richest country in the world. Unfortunately its presidents haven't been able to deal with its richness properly, but I have the hope that it will change now, since it finally got a proper president this year.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Mar 13, 2019 4:17 PM

Nov 2017
Noboru said:
Dagvi said:
Thank you; also very great examples you've posted there. Haven't heard about the "socrealism", but dull-looking buildings like that are usually the result of not wanting to spend that much money and also of destroying any former identity on the outside.

thevagus said:
Are you referring to Buddhism and thus to India?

I live in a block of flats that were builded in the 1970's (during communist era) and they were suppoused to stand for 25-30 years and then they'd rebuild them or build something else there.
They're still standing here...

Mar 13, 2019 4:58 PM

Oct 2014
I live in the Divided States of America
Mar 14, 2019 6:50 PM

Dec 2015
_Anodyne_ said:
lol what a terrible country fenians
TIME TO END PARTITION WITH A BANG. I AM ONCE AGAIN ASKING FOR YOUR FINACIAL SUPPROT https://www.sinnfeinbookshop.com/jewellery-1/
Mar 14, 2019 7:40 PM

Mar 2019
Dagvi said:
Noboru said:

before

after
what happened

What happened is obviously that as good and baroque as it looks, it's both more expensive and less durable than simple bricks and concrete.

Commieblocks repræsent the communist ideals of practicality over æsthetics and above all of æquality: everyone lives in an identical little cube eh.

In the end of the day things like this is why the Cold War lasted so long. NATO-countries were vastly out-producing Warsaw pact countries in many ways but their expenses were way higher too because the latter emphasized function over style and didn't try to overcomplicate; they did a lot more with a lot less.

The "they just used a pencil" story isn't true by the way.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Mar 15, 2019 1:55 AM
Aug 2018
Currently living in the united stains of america.
Mar 15, 2019 3:06 PM
May 2017
In The States it's quite boring where I'm at.
Mar 16, 2019 2:52 AM

Oct 2016
I live in a small village in the Netherlands 5000 people live here
It's kinda a farmers village the houses are kinda taken over here now from 11 they started building here more often there are still here old farm houses and loads off green flat scenery it's Holland kinda expensive living here as well old windmills my grandpa used to live here 50 years ago and there used to be 1000 people living and from my house u could see the lake my house is builded from old brickwork and was builded around the war and we noticed it's construction is build with old traintracks holding the roof up.

Still tractors park by the shops to get some groceries.

If you like walk here about 14:00 there's almost no one around or at 6:00 AM
MaxfighterXDMar 16, 2019 3:43 AM
Mar 16, 2019 2:58 AM

Aug 2011
A tropical, archipelago country, right on one thousand river city (or so that's called)

**☾**
Mar 17, 2019 9:27 AM

Jan 2009
Kuroko-chan said:
Romania isn't that bad compared to many other countries, mate

https://www.numbeo.com/quality-of-life/rankings_by_country.jsp

_Anodyne_ said:
I admit that I had looked at your profile to get the answer, since I've never heard about the name. Could it have to do with the missionaries from the green island?

KRKodama said:
I live in the richest country in the world. Unfortunately its presidents haven't been able to deal with its richness properly, but I have the hope that it will change now, since it finally got a proper president this year.
Oh another riddle :D
This time should be easier even without spoiling. So if it isn't Liechtenstein, Luxembourg or Monaco since they're all principalities, the only other rich mini-state that comes to mind is Singapore.

HunLepto said:
Errm, France?

024 said:
I live in the lowest and tallest land
That's easy, the Netherlands ^^

Solicitude said:
A tropical, archipelago country, right on one thousand river city (or so that's called)
I'm afraid that I couldn't think of anything more specific than a south-east Asian country, so I spoilered myself :/
"one thousand river city" is quite the poetic name

Dagvi said:
I live in a block of flats that were builded in the 1970's (during communist era) and they were suppoused to stand for 25-30 years and then they'd rebuild them or build something else there.
They're still standing here...
They probably didn't have the money or didn't want to spend the money for something else.

Sphinxter said:
What happened is obviously that as good and baroque as it looks, it's both more expensive and less durable than simple bricks and concrete.
More like concrete is much cheaper, but you get cheap when you built cheap, as "modern" houses by far don't hold out as long as older buildings built with more robust materials.

Sphinxter said:
Commieblocks repræsent the communist ideals of practicality over æsthetics and above all of æquality: everyone lives in an identical little cube eh.
So this explains why it looks like the same sh...-allow stuff...

btw.: I like your usage of the "æ"-letter ^^
Mar 17, 2019 9:29 AM

Jun 2014
I come from a miserable, Orwellian country which gets worse as the days go by.

Mar 17, 2019 9:32 AM

Mar 2019
Noboru said:

Sphinxter said:
More like concrete is much cheaper, but you get cheap when you built cheap, as "modern" houses by far don't hold out as long as older buildings built with more robust materials.

What? Concrete is way more durable than wood.

The reason they used wood at the time was because they had forgotten how to make concrete; wood isn't used any more much in construction for the good reason that concrete and brick are both more durable and cheaper.

Sphinxter said:
So this explains why it looks like the same sh...-allow stuff...

btw.: I like your usage of the "æ"-letter ^^

Just one of the many ways I succeed in feeling superior to the common man.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Mar 17, 2019 9:35 AM

Jan 2009
Seiya said:
Then it's time for a Dragonian takeover ;o

Sphinxter said:
"æ" looks more æsthethical to me as well, but "ae" is more practical.
Mar 17, 2019 9:35 AM
Feb 2019
HunLepto said:
Errm, France?

Well, no, it's Hungary. We are rebelling everyday against our president, so he may for fuck's sake, doesn't do stupid decisions when the country is the poorest european country. And we are getting angrier each day. Though, it may not have been the best marker for my country. If I could write another, maybe it would be "The most gipsy infested country" or something like that.
Mar 17, 2019 9:36 AM

Jun 2014
Noboru said:
Seiya said:
Then it's time for a Dragonian takeover ;o

Lol, that wouldn't be a bad idea.

Once I develop Dragonian culture, a great, new era will be born.

Mar 17, 2019 9:38 AM

Mar 2019
Noboru said:

Sphinxter said:

It's about establishing your superiority over the vulgium — to let them know that that the crowns on their heads reach no higher than the soles of my feet.

It's easy to type with the proper keyboard layout anyway.

— Bertrand Russell
Mar 17, 2019 9:39 AM

Jun 2014
Sphinxter said:
Noboru said:

It's about establishing your superiority over the common folk — to let them know that that the crowns on their heads reach no higher than the soles of my feet.

"Ash" in many languages, represent the "a" in the word "cat."

Your usage of it seems a bit odd though.

Mar 17, 2019 9:42 AM

Mar 2019
Seiya said:
Sphinxter said:

It's about establishing your superiority over the common folk — to let them know that that the crowns on their heads reach no higher than the soles of my feet.

"Ash" in many languages, represent the "a" in the word "cat."

Your usage of it seems a bit odd though.

Say: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%C3%A6sthetic

It's commonly accepted usage in English where it derives from the Latin diphthong but not for instance in words like aëroplaine which was not a derived from the ae diphthong nor the Greek alpha-iota diphthong but rather the Greek alpha-eta which was two syllables.

But there I use a diæresis to nevertheless establish myself as a superior being to whom the mortal man shall kneel in reverence.

— Bertrand Russell
Mar 17, 2019 9:45 AM

Jan 2009
HunLepto said:
Well, no, it's Hungary. We are rebelling everyday against our president, so he may for fuck's sake, doesn't do stupid decisions when the country is the poorest european country.
Hungary is not the poorest European country. It does better than the countries on the Balkan. Also, is Orbán really that unpopular when he has won the absolute majority?

Seiya said:
Sounds like a dream country where you could ride dragons and live in harmony with nature ^^

Sphinxter said:
It's about establishing your superiority over the vulgium — to let them know that that the crowns on their heads reach no higher than the soles of my feet.
I see; I never thought of that when I was using the ash-letter. But if you compare that to the commie blocks, then it's as if they were built to look so poor to make the elites appear like they were extremely rich in comparison. (also don't have a keyboard layout with the ash-letter)
Mar 17, 2019 9:54 AM

Jun 2014
Noboru said:
Seiya said:
Sounds like a dream country where you could ride dragons and live in harmony with nature ^^

Well, I don't know if it'll be possible to "ride" Dragons, unless someone created some sort of carnival ride, lol.

However, the Dragonian language would be taught in schools.

Mar 17, 2019 9:57 AM

Jan 2009
Seiya said:
Well, I don't know if it'll be possible to "ride" Dragons, unless someone created some sort of carnival ride, lol.
But it could be an environment-friendly source of power. Imagine the potential it could have! :D

That should be taken for granted that the language of the country, as well as the culture, will be taught in Dragonian schools
Mar 17, 2019 10:02 AM

Jun 2014
Noboru said:
Seiya said:
But it could be an environment-friendly source of power. Imagine the potential it could have! :D

That should be taken for granted that the language of the country, as well as the culture, will be taught in Dragonian schools

That would be a good power source, and of course, Dragonian culture will definitely be taught in schools.

I really need to start working on the language more, so hopefully I can start teaching it to people soon.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Is it a good idea to stay relatively anonymous online?

DesuMaiden - 3 hours ago

14 by Citrone39 »»
25 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you live with regrets?

Lightskynight - Apr 18

16 by LightWorker »»
26 minutes ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - Apr 18

35 by whitebeartigtig »»
32 minutes ago

Sticky: » General Advice Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Dec 8, 2013

9877 by anton122 »»
56 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

654 by Hitagi__Furude »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.