Forum Settings
Forums

In your opinion, what anime is the cringiest in a bad way?

New
Mar 9, 2019 2:27 PM

Jul 2016
I would say Grand Blue because the misunderstanding gag is shitty imo.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 9, 2019 2:35 PM

Feb 2013
heres a hot take ~ the ghost stories dub
Mar 9, 2019 2:37 PM
Oct 2017
Gurren lagann. after kamina's death it became a cringe fest.
Mar 9, 2019 2:48 PM

May 2015
Any Hentai that has an English Dub...
Mar 9, 2019 2:49 PM

Jul 2015
Duke666 said:

In typical gainax fashion that's when it stops being generic and becomes interesting tho.
Mar 9, 2019 2:53 PM

Jul 2014
For me it was probably Samurai Deeper Kyo. After the halfway point it felt as though the studio had given typewriters to chimpanzees and had them write the show.

The Tekken OVA was pretty cringey too, especially as a fan of the games.
Take care of yourself

Mar 9, 2019 2:57 PM

Mar 2017
The worst anime I've seen is Iya na Kao sare nagara Opantsu Misete Moraitai. (And I usually like ecchi/fanservice.)
A møøse once bit my sister...
Mar 9, 2019 3:03 PM

Dec 2018
Anything that lewds lolis is the cringiest. Or excessively edgy shit like school days and elfen lied.
Lolicons are scum.
BABYMETAL is more metal than Metallica.
Naruto is objectively the best anime ever.
HxH 99' is decent. HxH 11' is bad.
Mar 9, 2019 3:28 PM
Nov 2018
The cringiest anime I've watched Musaigen No Phantom and SAO. Especially Musaigen no Phantom that anime was just plain bad, boring, and cringy. I don't know how I finished
Mar 9, 2019 3:41 PM
Feb 2017
Hellsing (the first one made), my god, hearing the dub first was the cringiest. Also the sub was cringey as well. Dropped it after the first episode.
Mar 9, 2019 3:42 PM

Apr 2013
probably not the cringiest ever but rn I am watching Everyday life with monster girls and the show just keeps progressively getting cringier and trashier. Like the ecchi parts were cringy from the start but the first few episodes were actually kinda funny. Then it just keeps repeating itself and its at the point where I struggle to finish the last 2 episodes. I honestly dont mind ecchi anime... but geez this show has some of the cringiest ecchi scenes I have ever seen
Mar 9, 2019 3:42 PM

Jan 2019
Shield Hero

my body gets itches reminiscing episode 1-4
Mar 9, 2019 4:04 PM

Jul 2017
Sin: Nanatsu no Taizai and OreImo were painful to watch.
あなたは誰?
Mar 9, 2019 4:26 PM
Oct 2018
i thought the gag in grand blue was fucking hilarious lol but everyone has different tastes. i mean come on some people even try to argue that sword art online is watchable
Mar 9, 2019 4:33 PM
Sep 2018
Kaguya-sama, the narrator somehow is really annoying to be honest. Also I really don't like Kaguya at some point cause she pushover to herself and other character.
Mar 9, 2019 4:40 PM

May 2014
Kanedgy11 said:
The cringiest anime I've watched Musaigen No Phantom and SAO. Especially Musaigen no Phantom that anime was just plain bad, boring, and cringy. I don't know how I finished

I watched that dumpster fire Musaigen no Phantom World and I can relate to the feeling of not knowing why I finished it. Maybe something between the art style and a concept that had potential.
I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.
Mar 9, 2019 4:48 PM

May 2014
IpreferEcchi said:
I would say Grand Blue because the misunderstanding gag is shitty imo.

I would say your entire favorites list along with the majority of the anime you watch, because the whole fanservice gag is shitty imo
I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.
Mar 9, 2019 5:02 PM

Dec 2016
Anohana, I've seen many cringey anime or episodes in an anime but that last episode of this series was in a whole new level
Mar 9, 2019 5:05 PM

May 2016
Lucky Star was just ~650 minutes of pure, unadulterated cringe. Everything was painful. Everything made me grimace in rage and embarrassment. Everything fucking sucked.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Mar 9, 2019 5:09 PM
Sep 2017
Every Anime Where they add a Guy and a Young Underage girl being together 😡😡

Always gets me in the Cringiest and a Disgusting mood 😷

Mar 9, 2019 5:12 PM

Apr 2013
Evangelion. Shinji is a a walking cringe.
Mar 9, 2019 5:13 PM
Apr 2016
Fairy Tail, while it is enjoyable, it's absurdly cringey. I can't see how Grand Blue is cringey though...
Mar 9, 2019 5:18 PM

Jan 2017
Daphi said:
Shield Hero

agreed. shield hero is worse than every isekai i've seen
you're cool
Mar 9, 2019 5:19 PM

Jan 2017
Holmes15 said:
Evangelion. Shinji is a a walking cringe.
Yet he still manages to be the most realistic 14 year old that i've seen in fiction.
you're cool
Mar 9, 2019 5:20 PM

Jan 2013
Hatsukoi Monster is the biggest cringefest.
Mar 9, 2019 5:24 PM

Jan 2017
nerojeko said:
Fairy Tail, while it is enjoyable, it's absurdly cringey. I can't see how Grand Blue is cringey though...

Grand Blue is supposed to be targeted towards young adults, but it's comedy seems like it's for 10 year olds. Watching as a 13 year old, I can say that anime fans have a cringe inducing sense of humor if they find Grand Blue even remotely funny after 2 episodes because it really does get old quick.
you're cool
Mar 9, 2019 5:31 PM
Sep 2017
SparkingVolt said:
Daphi said:
Shield Hero

agreed. shield hero is worse than every isekai i've seen
Double Agree. Its an overrated piece of Garbage.

Mar 9, 2019 5:32 PM

Aug 2017
*Violet Evergarden. One of the most overrated shows that I've ever seen in my life. The drama is so stupid that it looks like a comedy.

nerojeko said:

I found the comedy very repetitive....and the characters did this worse.
NurguburuMar 9, 2019 5:36 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 9, 2019 5:41 PM
Apr 2016
SparkingVolt said:
nerojeko said:

Grand Blue is supposed to be targeted towards young adults, but it's comedy seems like it's for 10 year olds. Watching as a 13 year old, I can say that anime fans have a cringe inducing sense of humor if they find Grand Blue even remotely funny after 2 episodes because it really does get old quick.

That's a really immature mindset, really, "but it's comedy seems like it's for 10 year olds," it's ultimately subjective, the comedy is "exaggerating everything," exaggerating drinking, etc, a lot of people prefer such comedy, the silly comedy.
Mar 9, 2019 5:43 PM

Feb 2019
Re;Zero. i Really enjoyed the show but subaru is beyond cringe lord, cringe king at least, maybe even a cringe god.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Mar 9, 2019 5:51 PM

Jan 2017
nerojeko said:
SparkingVolt said:

That's a really immature mindset, really, "but it's comedy seems like it's for 10 year olds," it's ultimately subjective, the comedy is "exaggerating everything," exaggerating drinking, etc, a lot of people prefer such comedy, the silly comedy.

It may be an immature mindset, but your statement is also immature. Everything about forms of entertainment is subjective there's no point in stating the obvious. Exaggeration doesn't mean good, that's what made it bad. It doesn't matter what "a lot of people prefer" because I'm talking about what I think.
you're cool
Mar 9, 2019 5:55 PM
Apr 2016
SparkingVolt said:
nerojeko said:

It may be an immature mindset, but your statement is also immature. Everything about forms of entertainment is subjective there's no point in stating the obvious. Exaggeration doesn't mean good, that's what made it bad. It doesn't matter what "a lot of people prefer" because I'm talking about what I think.

Actually, you're contradicting yourself. Whilst saying entertainment is subjective, and that that's evident, you tried judging Grand Blue objectively, saying that the comedy is for 10 year olds, so, that sounds as if you're judging it rather objectively, doesn't it? Because you did judge it objectively, and yet again entertainment is subjective. Exaggeration is subjective, you can like it, you can dislike, but you can't say it's "for 10 year olds."
Mar 9, 2019 5:58 PM

Jul 2016
@nerojeko Grand Blue fucking sucks. I dropped it after only one episode. I only watched it because screenshots promised tits, but the anime is actually full of bullshit.
Mar 9, 2019 6:00 PM
Apr 2016
IpreferEcchi said:
@nerojeko Grand Blue fucking sucks. I dropped it after only one episode. I only watched it because screenshots promised tits, but the anime is actually full of bullshit.

Yes, it really wasn't about "tits." It's straight up comedy only.
Mar 9, 2019 6:12 PM

Jan 2017
nerojeko said:
SparkingVolt said:

Actually, you're contradicting yourself. Whilst saying entertainment is subjective, and that that's evident, you tried judging Grand Blue objectively, saying that the comedy is for 10 year olds, so, that sounds as if you're judging it rather objectively, doesn't it? Because you did judge it objectively, and yet again entertainment is subjective. Exaggeration is subjective, you can like it, you can dislike, but you can't say it's "for 10 year olds."
\

I never said I was judging it objectively, it's your mistake for assuming so. I said it "seems like it's for 10-year-olds" that's my opinion and it's subjective. You obviously don't think it's for 10-year-olds, so how am I contradicting myself?
you're cool
Mar 9, 2019 6:18 PM
Apr 2016
SparkingVolt said:
nerojeko said:

\

I never said I was judging it objectively, it's your mistake for assuming so. I said it "seems like it's for 10-year-olds" that's my opinion and it's subjective. You obviously don't think it's for 10-year-olds, so how am I contradicting myself?

"Watching as a 13 year old, I can say that anime fans have a cringe inducing sense of humor if they find Grand Blue even remotely funny" Hmm, does it really look like I'm assuming? It straight up seems like you're stating as if it's objective, saying that the people that like it have a "cringe inducing sense of humor," it doesn't sound one bit that you're giving your "opinion." So if you did state it as an opinion, your phrasing was way off, and you're at fault for not rephrasing yourself afterwards.
Mar 9, 2019 7:10 PM

Jan 2017
nerojeko said:
SparkingVolt said:
\

"Watching as a 13 year old, I can say that anime fans have a cringe inducing sense of humor if they find Grand Blue even remotely funny" Hmm, does it really look like I'm assuming? It straight up seems like you're stating as if it's objective, saying that the people that like it have a "cringe inducing sense of humor," it doesn't sound one bit that you're giving your "opinion." So if you did state it as an opinion, your phrasing was way off, and you're at fault for not rephrasing yourself afterwards.

I literally said "I can say" I was speaking for myself and myself only, making it my opinion. I've never made an objective statement about a show because I only judge things subjectively. You are at fault for thinking something following "I can say" can be anything other than a subjective statement.
SparkingVoltMar 9, 2019 7:21 PM
you're cool
Mar 9, 2019 7:21 PM
Apr 2016
SparkingVolt said:
nerojeko said:

I literally said "I can say" I was speaking for myself and myself only making it my opinion.

What do you even mean? "I can say" doesn't even IMPLY anything like "that's my opinion," that didn't make it clear AT ALL.
Mar 9, 2019 7:40 PM

Jul 2017
Anything that gets called an "imouto romcom"

Or "One Room", that was pretty painful.
Mar 9, 2019 11:20 PM

Jan 2017
nerojeko said:
SparkingVolt said:

I literally said "I can say" I was speaking for myself and myself only making it my opinion.

What do you even mean? "I can say" doesn't even IMPLY anything like "that's my opinion," that didn't make it clear AT ALL.

You quite possibly are the most ignorant person I've argued with on this site. "I can say" means It's what I am saying, not you, and not other people. While I'm sure some people agree with me, I'm obviously saying this is what I think. It clearly isn't me trying to judge it objectively. And if you think it is you better relook at the meaning of objective before trying to say that what I said isn't a subjective judgement. Objective - "(of a person or their judgment) not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts." I can't see how me saying that I think the comedy is for 10-year-olds and that I think people who find it funny after 2 episodes have a bad sense of humor is judging it objectively "AT ALL"
you're cool
Mar 10, 2019 3:38 AM
Jul 2018
I find a lot of ecchi genre shit to be a snore fest because it recycles the same tropes uninventively, and never brings anything new to the table. And I don't know, even as a bisexual woman I don't find that much interesting in seeing ill proportioned women with meatsack tits bounding around.

Yet, I like some male anime with midler fanservice that doesn't heavily rely on body part related creepiness. It's not like you see flapping dicks. I don't hate all slapstick or physical comedy as much as I'd say I find the way ecchi as a genre employs such comedy is really exploitative and weird to me. And after awhile it is less gross and more yawn inducing when you've seen it a thousand times before

I haven't even watched dragon maid because while there seems to be redeeming aspects to it, the fandom lewding the loli girl and the spoilers I've read about the big tiddy bitch and the shota boy just turn me off from it from the get go. Even if the relationship between the MC and the dragon girl is cute, why the pedo pandering. Even Musaigen, as trashy as some of the fanservice could be, was not really that offensive because kyoani didn't want to overstep the boundaries. Although with dragon maid I'm assuming the source material had the problem in the first place. Other than that before I knew much about the show I just wasn't really that enthralled by it, because despite being a kyoanifag the first time I heard about it was through memes, and all I can call Dragon Kanna is "inferior Kanna". Because Kanna from Tamako Market exists. And she is the Kanna from Kyoani that matters. I'd rather watch Tamako Market mindlessly meander around prominently because it doesn't have some weird undertones to it. Or Haruhi. Or fuck, even Free! isn't that exploitative. There's something about some of the aspects in dragon maid that deter me from watching it. It's not like it's the worst thing ever but the implications between tiddy goddess (dont know how to spell her name) and the kid is too creepy for my liking and the allegedly precocious nature of that show's Kanna. Even if it's played for laughs I don't find it very funny. If I start watching it and I can get past that for Tohru and Kobayashi might give it a chance but idk. It just seems like kyoani's least appealing show to me personally.
removed-userMar 10, 2019 3:42 AM
Mar 10, 2019 6:06 AM

Oct 2008
Kuroshitsuji II
Binbougami ga
Magi:Sinbad no Bouken
Cuticle tantei Inaba
Mar 10, 2019 6:15 AM

Sep 2018
First of all what is cringy in a good way?

As for me Anohana would be the cringiest. From this season 5-toubun and shield hero.
Mar 10, 2019 6:16 AM
Jul 2018
Sword art online is cringy af when the romance shit started
Mar 10, 2019 8:38 AM
Apr 2016
SparkingVolt said:
nerojeko said:

You quite possibly are the most ignorant person I've argued with on this site. "I can say" means It's what I am saying, not you, and not other people. While I'm sure some people agree with me, I'm obviously saying this is what I think. It clearly isn't me trying to judge it objectively. And if you think it is you better relook at the meaning of objective before trying to say that what I said isn't a subjective judgement. Objective - "(of a person or their judgment) not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts." I can't see how me saying that I think the comedy is for 10-year-olds and that I think people who find it funny after 2 episodes have a bad sense of humor is judging it objectively "AT ALL"

No, you are not obviously saying that that's what YOU think. I've been on the internet for years, and this is the first time I'm seeing someone use "I can say" to imply it's their opinion. Also great job using the word "ignorant" in a case like this, sorry to kill your expectations, I am not one of the most ignorant people on this site.
Mar 10, 2019 9:07 AM

May 2016
nyohoho said:
SparkingVolt said:
Yet he still manages to be the most realistic 14 year old that i've seen in fiction.

14 year olds are usually that weak and depressed?

Uhhh, yeah? Where the hell have you been? In a cave?

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Mar 10, 2019 9:35 AM

May 2017
Naruto. Especially in dub. Loved it as a little kid tho
Mar 10, 2019 10:14 AM

Jan 2017
Duke666 said:
After such a long time, found a guy who thinks the same way as me. I was so disappointed that i dropped it.
Mar 10, 2019 10:34 AM

Mar 2017
My Hero Academia. Shit just looks so childish with its stupid looking characters.
Mar 10, 2019 10:41 AM

Mar 2017
It's funny how OP only made this thread to hate on an anime.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - Yesterday

35 by DesuMaiden »»
4 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 5 hours ago

32 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
4 minutes ago

» Anime you only knowledges about is from the memes

Spunkert - 8 hours ago

14 by DesuMaiden »»
5 minutes ago

» How often do you rewatch anime?

Destinesia - 6 hours ago

14 by DesuMaiden »»
8 minutes ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 1 hour ago

17 by DesuMaiden »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.