Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 9, 2019 9:55 AM
Mar 2018
So, apparently this is getting an anime adaptation. The Who is already established, the When is to come.

However and I try to be as hopefull as it gets. This will just be another one of those isekai anime.
And the only way they can make it less mediocre for the masses is by either adding cruelty to the, seemingly young and cute, protagonist or fanservice to it. Because after Death March every new anime of that genre is leaving a bittersweet aftertaste in my mouth. Mostly after I already had to throw up from all the foaming flaming I had to release.

But as always, we have to wait and see how it will be in the end...

Proof: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-03-07/ascendance-of-a-bookworm-fantasy-novel-gets-tv-anime/.144315
DonTrumpolinoMar 9, 2019 12:01 PM
Mar 9, 2019 10:02 AM

Oct 2010
"And the only way they can make it less mediocre for the masses is by either adding cruelty (...) or fanservice to it."

Is this a serious thread? Because it doesn't look like a serious thread.
Mar 9, 2019 11:04 AM

Dec 2015
I'm not surprised. I don't really like the main character, I mean she is supposed to be an adult mentally but she acts spoiled and ignorant.
Mar 9, 2019 11:13 AM

Apr 2013
Milomite said:
I'm not surprised. I don't really like the main character, I mean she is supposed to be an adult mentally but she acts spoiled and ignorant.

She died as an autistic person. young adult autist often behave very childish. She changes over time in that new world, rather than stupidly miraculously changing just because "new world."
You know, like all those isekai protag that never achieved anything in their former world but somehow are now immediately willing to sacrifice themselves to save someone they've just met and be their hero and a chick magnet and whatever.

As if someone who never had the will of being anything in their former life (and from a very peaceful country like Japan too) can instantly change and throw himself in front of a pointed weapon to save an unknown girl just like that.

She only cared about books, she starts her new life only caring about books.

Also, that thread is a joke indeed. Who the hell would add cruelty or fanservice (which both have already been done btw) to a story that is already unique without changing anything?
Mar 9, 2019 11:18 AM

Dec 2015
Zefyris said:
Milomite said:

She died as an autistic person. young adult autist often behave very childish. She changes over time in that new world, rather than stupidly miraculously changing just because "new world."
You know, like all those isekai protag that never achieved anything in their former world but somehow are now immediately willing to sacrifice themselves to save someone they've just met and be their hero and a chick magnet and whatever.

As if someone who never had the will of being anything in their former life (and from a very peaceful country like Japan too) can instantly change and throw himself in front of a pointed weapon to save an unknown girl just like that.

Also, that thread is a joke indeed. Who the hell would add cruelty or fanservice (which both have already been done btw) to a story that is already unique without changing anything?

Wait, she was autistic? How did I miss that haha.
Mar 9, 2019 11:24 AM

Apr 2013
Milomite said:
Zefyris said:

Wait, she was autistic? How did I miss that haha.

She had very strong restricted interest towards books and peoples around her were doing pretty much all the "social" work. I don't think she ever said that she was autistic in the novels, but from the description she gives of her behavior and her relationship with others, it's pretty obvious she was some kind of asperger or another high level autistic syndrome.
Mar 9, 2019 12:01 PM
Mar 2018
jal90 said:
"And the only way they can make it less mediocre for the masses is by either adding cruelty (...) or fanservice to it."

Well, both?! It is getting an anime adaptation, but I just get so frustrated with always the same and sometimes the same stuff getting nerfed to fame for no apparent reason, other than fanboys...
Mar 9, 2019 12:08 PM

Apr 2013
DonTrumpolino said:
jal90 said:

Well, both?! It is getting an anime adaptation, but I just get so frustrated with always the same and sometimes the same stuff getting nerfed to fame for no apparent reason, other than fanboys...

How is that the same? How can you get frustrated over something like that? So many mysteries around here.
Apr 4, 2019 10:01 AM
Aug 2018
jal90 said:

This can't be a serious thread. They're saying "another one of those isekai" like they all fit into the same basket. I see nothing but assumptions being made by someone who didn't like or appreciate the story in the first place.
Apr 21, 2019 7:35 AM

Aug 2016
OP is an idiot it seems.Isekai is simply a genr,whether it can be good or bad depends on the story itself.With that being said this particular one is excellent and unique plotwise and anyone who has checked the manga or LN cannot say otherwise.I only hope this great story gets the proper anime adaption it deserves.
Apr 21, 2019 11:39 AM
Mar 2018
Raytheon_Thunder said:
OP is an idiot it seems.Isekai is simply a genr,whether it can be good or bad depends on the story itself.With that being said this particular one is excellent and unique plotwise and anyone who has checked the manga or LN cannot say otherwise.I only hope this great story gets the proper anime adaption it deserves.

I rather see myself as a bigot for trashtalking against the masses than an idiot, which is not as offensive to me as you may wish. But you may not get my point at all, so I have to explain it again:
My point is that Isekai is overused in recent years so I only see two ways this story can go; good or bad.
The Good Way would be that they solely focus on the characters entwined in your isekai setup (which is, no matter how good the rest is, stil leaving a bad taste for me), but just use it as a setting instead of a plotdevice. This may happen and it will be very character-driven then, which is something I would favor. However...
The Bad, more common, Way is that they go full isekai. That means either a underdog hero story, or someone from another ("our") world getting there knowing how it's just like his favourite game or simply the overpowered guy everyone underestimates (must also have a demon lord). And if it's a female lead, then you just need lots of your vitmain T's and A's.
There's also a middle way where it has mixed elements, like DanMachi, but they are rather fine.

So, yeah if you get what I'm getting at, then you may see my concern for this show. If not, then you are probably just a manga aficionado and won't get it...
Jun 19, 2019 3:25 AM
Jan 2018
DonTrumpolino said:
Raytheon_Thunder said:

I rather see myself as a bigot for trashtalking against the masses than an idiot, which is not as offensive to me as you may wish. But you may not get my point at all, so I have to explain it again:
My point is that Isekai is overused in recent years so I only see two ways this story can go; good or bad.
The Good Way would be that they solely focus on the characters entwined in your isekai setup (which is, no matter how good the rest is, stil leaving a bad taste for me), but just use it as a setting instead of a plotdevice. This may happen and it will be very character-driven then, which is something I would favor. However...
The Bad, more common, Way is that they go full isekai. That means either a underdog hero story, or someone from another ("our") world getting there knowing how it's just like his favourite game or simply the overpowered guy everyone underestimates (must also have a demon lord). And if it's a female lead, then you just need lots of your vitmain T's and A's.
There's also a middle way where it has mixed elements, like DanMachi, but they are rather fine.

So, yeah if you get what I'm getting at, then you may see my concern for this show. If not, then you are probably just a manga aficionado and won't get it...

its character-driven..i think that the correct word to describe it . threes no op protagonist or underdog hero story or favourite game etc . its a slow story or should be but pacing is always an issue in anime

More topics from this board

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Chapter 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2017

1 by whitebeartigtig »»
Mar 21, 10:57 AM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Chapter 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2017

2 by whitebeartigtig »»
Mar 21, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Chapter 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2017

3 by whitebeartigtig »»
Mar 20, 10:15 AM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Chapter 2 Discussion

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

3 by whitebeartigtig »»
Mar 20, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

1 by whitebeartigtig »»
Mar 20, 9:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.