Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2019 10:57 AM
Jun 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
"I don't think so! We'll just have to change reality!"
-Nozomi Yumehara, Yes! PreCure 5

I think this is my 1st time seeing a detransformation scene in a PreCure anime. And an shortened transformation scene as well.

And wow, did expect Bloody taking revenge on Kawarino.

This has been an amazing ending.
Mar 30, 2020 2:05 AM

Jul 2017
Nozomi's Talk no Jutsu is some next level shit!

The fight sequences at the start were pretty neat.

It looks like the sequel to this is going to be rewarding and offer even more, so I'm hyped. I'm glad that I can finally say that I have watched a Precure anime lol

Sep 29, 2020 12:06 PM

Jan 2010
I can appreciate a final battle where the heroes win via an ideological victory, rather than just punching their way out of their problem. However, this ending was really sudden, particularly with that near instant change of heart by Desparaia. About a minute of hero talk was good enough to convince her to have herself sealed eternally to save the world. Also, whether Coco or Nuts becomes the king, couldn't they just change their method of governing to give them enough time to visit Earth every so often? Even if that were impossible, couldn't the Precures be given some method to visit their world instead? That aside, a dual kingship is...unique. I don't think I've ever seen a story in fiction pull that off.
Dec 20, 2020 10:25 PM

Jul 2017
I'm really impressed at how solid this ending feels. But wow, that's kinda dark for Desparaia isn't it? She can never die, so she'll just be trapped in this isolated world for eternity. I know she's the big bad and all, but I do kinda feel for her.

And hooray for all the girls figuring out what they want to do! I can't wait to see how they progress towards making their dreams a reality in Yes Precure 5 Gogo!
Apr 23, 2021 12:55 PM
Feb 2018
Nozomi once again showing why she's deserving of the leader role and why everyone loves her.

So Desparaia ends up being a villain with a heart, while Kawarino isn't. I'd say all this time Kawarino was the big bad, he probably talked Desparaia into thinking the Dream Collet would solve her problems. So what Desparaia wanted was to be satisfied, that's fair and all but what I don't get is all the "despair" stuff she keeps bringing up. What's the point of that? She got her youth so why was that not enough?

I'm not really a fan of Desparaia, her whole purpose just feels odd and she didn't do much for what she was hyped for. She barely fought even. She could have killed Nozomi right there which was what Kawarino was going to do. She went through all the trouble for the sake of "despair" and when it doesn't go according to plan, she switch sides? I don't understand Desparaia.

Kawarino keeps the throne as the big bad for me. Extremely manipulative and truly evil. My theory is that he manipulated Desparaia to achieve his own goals, although that's also a little odd because he could have used the Collet for himself and better (wish for world destruction)? But thankfully Bloody returned although that's also confusing. From what we've seen, when the mask was forced on the person loses their own free will, so how was Bloody able to act? And what, is he stronger than Kawarino now and what did he even do to him?

Also... Nozomi told Coco she loved him, given the situation it may or may not have been a confession :x

Really solid ending though, I wouldn't be too upset if they ended it here. But season 2! Give me give me. A little upset they didn't use Sparkle My True Love as the ending but small issue. Nozomi finding her real dream was nice, especially with it due to being inspired by Coco.

Since it's the final episode guess here's a quick review. While I enjoyed Smile more, I felt that Yes done pretty much everything Smile should have done. It showcased that you don't need to push other characters aside to develop one character. Yes did fight scenes amazingly well, lots of action, teamwork, everyone got to fight and you really see that the characters are equal in strength with no one really outshining another which is how it should be. And it's consistent too. I'm doing this comparison since I see where Smile took a lot of inspiration from. That said, I'm not a fan of all the repetitive talk. It's always the same old "Your dream is pointless!", "It's not! Dreams are important!" The show is consistently good but I wouldn't say it had many "high points". Kawarino is an amazing villain though.
CWCApr 23, 2021 1:01 PM
Feb 8, 2022 9:57 PM

Nov 2018
That was a beautiful and emotional ending, the best writing so far in the franchise up to this point. Despariah is such a tragic and sad woman, all she needed was someone to talk to.

Looking forward to the second part and the movies of the Yes! 5 generation.
Mar 6, 2022 1:23 PM
Feb 2017
I kept waiting for Bunbee to come back and team up with the team, that was a dark way to go. Hopefully Gamao and the others can come back somehow, it'd be sad if they just stayed obliterated. The first two that took the black card were overwhelmed with revenge and were willing to sacrifice themselves to take down the team, but they made the other villains just way too relatable, except for Bloody, who personally saw to the destruction of the kingdom.
Aug 1, 2023 7:33 PM
Oct 2019
Oh wow, even if this didn't have a second season, this was such a good ending. Desparaia got a redemption, and even though it was a biiit rushed, I could see how it was a possibility. She kept seeing how the Precure never gave up, her underlings were not winning against them. She saw them in action, and even saw how they literally destroyed despair. After all of that, and seeing that making her wish true didn't help her achieve tranquility, it makes sense that she would try to look out for another solution, though it'd have been better if she arrived to this conclusion in the course of a few more episodes. She didn't seem to want to kill anybody, given that the whole Palmier Kingdom population was still alive. I also believe that she didn't knew her employees were dying, since Kawarino was filtering the information to manipulate her. She did seem very not ok when she saw him die (or whatever happened to him). Either way, Coco and Nuts being kings together makes a lot of sense, they complement each other wonderfully. What doesn't quite click with me is that everyone was acting as if they wouldn't see each other ever again, but Coco promised Nozomi that he would take her see the kingdom. Which means, the girls are capable of visiting them, they can even send letters!! How does that even work? Maybe we'll get that answered in the second season. This was fun :)
Sep 15, 2023 8:56 PM
Nov 2019
I felt kind of crazy seeing the girls teach Despariah about friendship, only to ditch her LOL
As crazy as it would've been, I expected the Palmier kingdom residents to suddenly vouch for bringing her back with them? Giving her hope by telling her friends are great and then just agreeing to leave her for eternity........
...Actually they should've just had her protect the girls from the crumbling world or Kawarino or something. Like a sudden heroic death.
Oct 21, 2023 2:04 PM

May 2015
One of the most beautiful end I've ever seen.

Loved this series. I love Nozomi so much, she's one of the best heroines. The other Cures were also all awesome. Even Despariah is a very surprising antagonist.

Yes ! Precure 5 !

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yes! Precure 5 Episode 1 Discussion

silverwalls - Jul 6, 2015

7 by ItsXolo »»
Dec 17, 2023 3:50 AM

Poll: » Yes! Precure 5 Episode 43 Discussion

Mat2468xk - Mar 5, 2019

4 by Cam1922 »»
Nov 3, 2023 6:26 AM

Poll: » Yes! Precure 5 Episode 39 Discussion

silverwalls - Jul 24, 2015

5 by Cam1922 »»
Nov 2, 2023 11:02 AM

Poll: » Yes! Precure 5 Episode 38 Discussion

Petite_Tomoyo - Jul 24, 2014

5 by Cam1922 »»
Nov 2, 2023 10:52 AM

Poll: » Yes! Precure 5 Episode 35 Discussion

minniemoon - Dec 17, 2020

3 by Cam1922 »»
Nov 2, 2023 7:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.