Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 8, 2019 4:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa, Kurumi with her hair down and eyepatch. What an interesting look.

Anyways, this episode plays on the plot a lot on Shidou's continuous quest to try and save Origami. I gotta admit though, Shidou has a big heart and that he isn't giving up regardless how fruitless this seems.

A pretty tense episode. We go to also see a more detailed version of her past and it's tragic.
Mar 8, 2019 6:44 AM

Jun 2012
Ahhh, what a short time with the still chuuni Kurumi.....

And I wonder if they purposely made Phantom's first reappearance not impactful at all or maybe J.C. just really don't want to.
Mar 8, 2019 6:44 AM

Dec 2017
got a little more sympathy for Origami through her backstory. those dead eyes of loli Origami..
well, no wonder, if you see your parents get fucking obliterated like that, anyone would snap

but damn, the plot gets THICK. that last scene got me a little surprised, ngl
also, your bets on who the Phantom might be?
Mar 8, 2019 7:04 AM
Apr 2018
Its kinda stupid that they had to made origami kill her parents and hate her future self and repeat this cycle endlessly. Shido may managed to save her parents but the cliffhanger at the end is just making me more curious. We got to see Kurumi in the past and she looks different. Her hairstyle and eyepatch makes her look more like a chunni compared to now. I can't wait for the next episode.I may try to read the light novel to know the plot
Mar 8, 2019 7:09 AM

Jan 2018
uninstallthegame said:

Wanna know? but that's the biggest spoiler of DAL and that character is going to play a very very big role in the future.
Mar 8, 2019 7:27 AM

Dec 2017
Congintive said:
uninstallthegame said:

Wanna know? but that's the biggest spoiler of DAL and that character is going to play a very very big role in the future.

well, shit. i'm kinda thrilled to spoil myself by searching it up, but i guess it'd be better for me to just patiently wait the big reveal
Mar 8, 2019 7:31 AM

Jan 2018
uninstallthegame said:
Congintive said:

well, shit. i'm kinda thrilled to spoil myself by searching it up, but i guess it'd be better for me to just patiently wait the big reveal

Well, that gonna take a long long time because this season is going to adopt only 4 vol from vol 8 to 11 and they revealed who phantom is at vol 16.
Mar 8, 2019 7:37 AM

Dec 2017
Congintive said:
uninstallthegame said:

Well, that gonna take a long long time because this season is going to adopt only 4 vol from vol 8 to 11 and they revealed who phantom is at vol 16.

lol, okay, you crushed my hopes for soon reveal just like that. then i'll just wait for this season to end then.. maybe
at this point, nothing is stopping me from doing it now
Mar 8, 2019 7:38 AM

Jul 2012
Gotta say always loved DAL openings with different entrance speech and how girls are portrayed.
In the middle was quite obvious that we'll see little Kurumi, but the fact that we see little Kurumi!!! =/ I think a bit dissapointed that she instantly agreed with what she sees in front of her and fired the bullet. Thought here it could be like with one of "herself" in previous season (something like that). And if i don't remember or just missed, what is her real goal? Does it goes as "simple" as changing the ruined world. I just think that's not it (and if spoiler i'll rather wait).
Mar 8, 2019 7:42 AM

Jan 2018
allenjke said:
Gotta say always loved DAL openings with different entrance speech and how girls are portrayed.
In the middle was quite obvious that we'll see little Kurumi, but the fact that we see little Kurumi!!! =/ I think a bit dissapointed that she instantly agreed with what she sees in front of her and fired the bullet. Thought here it could be like with one of "herself" in previous season (something like that). And if i don't remember or just missed, what is her real goal? Does it goes as "simple" as changing the ruined world. I just think that's not it (and if spoiler i'll rather wait).

I think that she said in previous seasons that she wanted to change the past?
Mar 8, 2019 7:58 AM
Jan 2018
KurumiJougasaki said:
Its kinda stupid that they had to made origami kill her parents and hate her future self and repeat this cycle endlessly. Shido may managed to save her parents but the cliffhanger at the end is just making me more curious. We got to see Kurumi in the past and she looks different. Her hairstyle and eyepatch makes her look more like a chunni compared to now. I can't wait for the next episode.I may try to read the light novel to know the plot

<Repeat the cycle endlessly

It's time travel of course it would repeat
Mar 8, 2019 8:12 AM

Jul 2012
Congintive said:
allenjke said:

Okay just as simple as that, like she hints in this season also staying in the ruined city? I mean that's fine, just curious and think it kinda feels such a simple reason for her.
allenjkeMar 8, 2019 8:19 AM
Mar 8, 2019 8:27 AM

Jan 2018
allenjke said:
Congintive said:

Okay just as simple as that, like she hints in this season also staying in the ruined city? I mean that's fine, just curious and think it kinda feels such a simple reason for her.

Oh, there is a complete backstory for that but it will be spoilers so... If ur fine?
Mar 8, 2019 8:28 AM

Jan 2018
Mattinator95 said:
allenjke said:

Her goal was to seek shido out and consume him due to having spirit powers and use 12th bullet on her to travel back 30 year's to the past to kill the First spirit

Dude that's spoilers at least put spoilers around that.
Mar 8, 2019 8:34 AM

Jul 2012
Well writing a warning to avoid spoilers doesn't mean anything apparently, whatever. I'll wait until the end of the season and mb add some questions (probably to spoil myself).
Mar 8, 2019 8:52 AM
Sep 2015
Congintive said:
Mattinator95 said:

Her goal was to seek shido out and consume him due to having spirit powers and use 12th bullet on her to travel back 30 year's to the past to kill the First spirit

allenjke said:
Well writing a warning to avoid spoilers doesn't mean anything apparently, whatever. I'll wait until the end of the season and mb add some questions (probably to spoil myself).

come on guys, we know kurumi's goal since S2 EP1
Mar 8, 2019 9:02 AM
Nov 2015
Sigh, I'm really dissapointed in how poorly these scenes have been handled. You were supposed to learn bit more about Shidou and Phantom in this episode. I'm actually upset for real this time, they cut out a huge portion of the dialogue between Shidou and Phantom. God dammit.
FhpZodMar 8, 2019 9:15 AM
Mar 8, 2019 9:08 AM
Nov 2015
Man, I really can't stay silent about this, fuck it. I'm saying it. And this is no spoiler, I'm just helping you guys out in order for you to understand why Phantom chose to diguise as this character, besides, this happened in a game so unless you have someone tell you what happened you'll never know.
FhpZodMar 8, 2019 9:23 AM
Mar 8, 2019 9:09 AM

Jul 2012
MrBefruit said:

I don't want whom to believe and well i was asking because i simply don't remember (which i thought was obvious). I have to say that second season wasn't that impressive for me, don't know if it is the correlation for it, might be.
Mar 8, 2019 9:12 AM
Jan 2018
Congintive said:
Mattinator95 said:

Not it's not it . It should have been said already ( season 2)
Mar 8, 2019 9:18 AM
Jan 2018
MrBefruit said:
Congintive said:

allenjke said:

At least someone else remembers
Mar 8, 2019 9:20 AM

Jan 2018
JonasDown said:
Man, I really can't stay silent about this, fuck it. I'm saying it. And this is no spoiler, I'm just helping you guys out in order for you to understand why Phantom chose to diguise as this character, besides, this happened in a game so unless you have someone tell you what happened you'll never know.
The appereance that Phantom used to talk to Shidou is a character named Rinne. Rinne was a character that appeared between volume 4 and 5 of the novels, in simpler terms, Rinne appeared between season 1 and 2, all of this happened in the visual novel Rinne Utopia, where Shidou and co are trapped in a fake paradise created by Rinne. At the end of the visual novel, Rinne dissapears and Shidou forgets about her. After the credit scenes, we see Rinne floating somewhere and a shadowy figure (Phantom) shows up and talks to her, telling her she did a good job. Rinne only smiles and she's taken away.

How can u be so sure that everyone had played the vn man oh man put that in spoilers if ur going to do that thing and Phantom is supposed to be the biggest mystery here and damn u.
Mar 8, 2019 9:24 AM
Nov 2015
Congintive said:
JonasDown said:
The appereance that Phantom used to talk to Shidou is a character named Rinne. Rinne was a character that appeared between volume 4 and 5 of the novels, in simpler terms, Rinne appeared between season 1 and 2, all of this happened in the visual novel Rinne Utopia, where Shidou and co are trapped in a fake paradise created by Rinne. At the end of the visual novel, Rinne dissapears and Shidou forgets about her. After the credit scenes, we see Rinne floating somewhere and a shadowy figure (Phantom) shows up and talks to her, telling her she did a good job. Rinne only smiles and she's taken away.

How can u be so sure that everyone had played the vn man oh man put that in spoilers if ur going to do that thing and Phantom is supposed to be the biggest mystery here and damn u.

What are you talking about. I haven't revealed Phantom's identity. Besides, that character has been known since 2013.
Mar 8, 2019 9:26 AM

Jan 2018
JonasDown said:
Congintive said:

What are you talking about. I haven't revealed Phantom's identity. Besides, that character has been known since 2013.

U just clearly did that man.
Mar 8, 2019 9:29 AM
Nov 2015
Congintive said:
JonasDown said:

Congintive said:
JonasDown said:

What the hell? That's not Phantom, that character is from the game, Phantom is someone completely different that was revealed in volume 18 of the novel. I'm just writing the reason Phantom disguised as that character. Phantom is DISGUISING as a character that appeared in the visual novel. I haven't revealed Phantom's identity.
Mar 8, 2019 9:31 AM

Jan 2018
JonasDown said:

What the hell? That's not Phantom, that character is from the game, Phantom is someone completely different that was revealed in volume 18 of the novel.[/quote]

Well.
CongintiveMar 8, 2019 9:40 AM
Mar 8, 2019 9:35 AM
Nov 2015
Congintive said:
JonasDown said:

What the hell? That's not Phantom, that character is from the game, Phantom is someone completely different that was revealed in volume 18 of the novel.

Well.
[/quote]
No no and no. They're not the same. I could go on on why that's the case but this is an anime forum, I can't explain if I can't write spoilers. Also, delete this, you just revealed Phantom's identity yourself.
Mar 8, 2019 9:42 AM

Jan 2018
JonasDown said:
Congintive said:

What the hell? That's not Phantom, that character is from the game, Phantom is someone completely different that was revealed in volume 18 of the novel.

Well.

No no and no. They're not the same. I could go on on why that's the case but this is an anime forum, I can't explain if I can't write spoilers. Also, delete this, you just revealed Phantom's identity yourself.[/quote]

Well, I did that because even I don't want to spoil anyone on Phantom true identity and even I've read all of the 19 vol of DAL currently released that's why im saying that u should put that in spoilers.
Mar 8, 2019 9:47 AM
Nov 2015
Congintive said:
JonasDown said:

Well.

No no and no. They're not the same. I could go on on why that's the case but this is an anime forum, I can't explain if I can't write spoilers. Also, delete this, you just revealed Phantom's identity yourself.

Well, I did that because even I don't want to spoil anyone on Phantom true identity and even I've read all of the 19 vol of DAL currently released that's why im saying that u should put that in spoilers.[/quote]

What you're saying doesn't make sense. How is revealing an important character's identity the same as explaining what events took place in a game nobody in this site has played? It doesn't make any sense. Dude, you need to delete that spoiler now.
Mar 8, 2019 9:49 AM

Jan 2018
JonasDown said:
Congintive said:

Well, I did that because even I don't want to spoil anyone on Phantom true identity and even I've read all of the 19 vol of DAL currently released that's why im saying that u should put that in spoilers.

What you're saying doesn't make sense. How is revealing an important character's identity the same as explaining what events took place in a game nobody in this site has played? It doesn't make any sense. Dude, you need to delete that spoiler now.[/quote]

I already edited my spoiler thing and ur not going to understand what im saying to bye.
Mar 8, 2019 9:55 AM
Jan 2017
Date A Live once again knocks it out of the park with this episode! Shido pulls out all the stops to prevent Origami from ruining her own life. Shido deserves some major hero cred for his actions in this episode. Anime harem protagonists run the risk of coming off as bland and generic, which is why their franchises put such a huge importance in their relationships with their supporting cast. You care about them and feel bad if something bad happens to them. Shido's concern for Origami is real and earned.

This episode does a good job at advancing the primary storyline but it also does a good job at expanding the show's mythology by giving us a few scenes with Kotori and Phantom. Also, Phantom does take Rinne's shape to talk to Shido and yes, Kana Hanazawa does reprise the role. Now, we just need a Mayuri cameo voiced by Sora Amamiya and this show will reach perfection. A man can dream.

Don't be fooled, this might be Origami's arc but the episode might have featured strong supporting parts but this episode truly belonged to Shido. I enjoy Shido because of how different he is from other anime heroes. This is my opinion, and you neither have to like it nor agree with it, but I think Shido has more in common with western heroes like Luke Skywalker and Harry Potter. He saves the day, not by punching a bad guy or foiling some evil scheme, but just standing by his principles in his fellow man. He is my favorite character in the Date A Live saga, and I know some of you are going to say that nobody watches a harem anime for the male protagonist, and you might be right but I think Shido's strengths as a character are reinforced by his interactions with the supporting cast and the show's themes.

Date A Live is the gift that keeps on giving and every episode has been amazing and enjoyable. Some of you might recommend waiting till the full season gets broadcast in order to facilitate binge-watching, but the weekly schedule is good enough for me. This is the best show in the season!
Mar 8, 2019 11:11 AM

Nov 2011
Shido got turned to dust. Damn that was crazy. Welp new timeline here we come.

So Shido has had interactions with Phantom before...hmm that makes me intrigued and concerned T_T
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 8, 2019 11:46 AM

May 2018
So since Shido svae Origami's parent and got himself blasted in their place , did Shido altered the timeline or is he in an alternate world????
Mar 8, 2019 11:48 AM
Nov 2015
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
So since Shido svae Origami's parent and got himself blasted in their place , did Shido altered the timeline or is he in an alternate world????

Upon saving Origami's parents, a new timeline is created where Origami's parents weren't killed thus a new world.
Mar 8, 2019 11:48 AM

Jun 2017
Whoa, is that Kurumi as a chuuni?

Best girl

Well, I guess now we know why Origami knew Shido in the first season

Based on the preview, looks like Shido fucked the future. Different timeline, here we go I guess.
MalfinMar 8, 2019 11:53 AM
Mar 8, 2019 12:49 PM

Nov 2018
Congintive said:
JonasDown said:

What you're saying doesn't make sense. How is revealing an important character's identity the same as explaining what events took place in a game nobody in this site has played? It doesn't make any sense. Dude, you need to delete that spoiler now.

where do u get the English translation of the LN?????
Mar 8, 2019 1:34 PM

Apr 2013
Love the changes the opening and ending go through now Inverse Origami appears in the Opening too
Younger Origami crying was heartbreaking, seeing her Older Self suffer from the tragedy was depressing enough and then they have two Origamis suffering T_T

With this episode it is revealed that Shido himself was at fault for Origami stalking him.
Also love how they used Hanten ost for this episode and especially for the former episode when Inverse Origami appeared, an amazingly dark and cataclysmic soundtrack truly fitting for the Darkness concerning the cause and the following actions of Inversed Spirits, kinda wish i'd get to hear it more often in the anime but at the same time it means one of the Girls is suffering and i don't wish for that
DelusionalUzumeMar 8, 2019 4:48 PM
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Mar 8, 2019 1:42 PM

Jun 2017
DelusionalUzume said:
Love the changes the opening and ending go through now Inverse Origami appears in the Opening too
Younger Origami crying was heartbreaking, seeing her older self suffer from the tragedy aswell though

Turns out Shido himself was at fault for making Origami his stalker

Damn, she really rocks long hair. I hope this will be permanent lol.

Kurumi with her hair down also looked better imo.

I wonder if Shido succeeded, maybe with Kotori's regen powers it's not really a problem if he gets pulverized.. at least that's what comes to my mind first.

The other possibility is that he completely negated it with Natsumi's abilities in the last moment. Her powers are seriously overpowered despite their look lol.
Mar 8, 2019 2:27 PM

Jan 2008
So Phantom was... Kana Hanazawa all this time.
On a serious note, don't google "Date A Live Phantom" cause the so called wiki doesn't even bother to hide who it is.

Anyways, need a episode with shota Shido and onee-san Kurumi. *Ara ara intensifies*

Nice to see past Kurumi. Was planning to buy a figure of her, forgot somewhere along the way and preorders closed. Sadface.
Mar 8, 2019 2:52 PM

Apr 2015
If one Kurumi wasn't enough, we get two Kurumi's this episode, what can a guy want more! Both those outfits are so awesome and Kurumi with an eye-patch is really nice!

For first time Shido had to witness what exactly happened 5 years ago, the truth is quite shocking for both of them, especially Kurumi since she was partly the cause of it. I wonder if Shido actually managed to save Origami's parents in the second try. Atleast he managed to talk to "Phantom", whoever she may be.
Mar 8, 2019 3:55 PM
Oct 2013
Welp. Shit goes Steins;Gate I guess. Phantom's identity is pretty much revealed if you know where to look tbh. And of course I mean in the anime. Tho it seems like things got pretty complicated in the VN or manga or LN whatnot, I don't really know since I didn't play/read them. But seriously, it's pretty much revealed. J.C. Staffs didn't even put effort on keep them hidden. Imo it's better to keep things hidden especially when there's time travel involved. People even already posted them here lul. It's all about matching the silhouette with answers J.C. Staffs provided.

HYPE: https://imgur.com/a/fNGFps2

P.S. : Things got pretty interesting when i think about how it might turn out tbh. Here goes my thoughts. Warning high potential spoilers even tho I didn't read/play the sources:
kiza1379Mar 8, 2019 4:08 PM
Mar 8, 2019 4:07 PM

Sep 2010
Hm... art seemed a little better overall this episode.

I thought he couldn't save Origami's parents because that would rewrite 5 years of the timeline, but he did it anyway. Shido saving them creates a contradiction: if he saves them, the younger Origami wouldn't have a reason to join the AST, and travel back in time 5 years later and fire Metatron. Thus, the threat that Shido saves them from should never appear.
Perhaps the Origami that fires Metatron at her parents, and the Shido that pushes them out of the way, are simply foreign to the timeline in which it occurs?
...yeah time travel just doesn't make perfect sense. >.<

Aside, in both timelines, the Phantom has witnessed that Origami has the skill to wield Metatron.

Seems to be an art error in episode 7 where the inverted Origami is shown with long hair under her veil for one shot, but it's short for all the other shots in the same scene.

MomoSinX said:
I wonder if Shido succeeded, maybe with Kotori's regen powers it's not really a problem if he gets pulverized.. at least that's what comes to my mind first.
I believe that exceeds Kotori's regeneration ability. Walking into Yoshino'd ice storm was dangerous because he'd keep taking damage, never getting a chance to heal. Sounds like regenerative health in games, where you need to stop taking damage for it to work.
Mar 8, 2019 4:10 PM
Nov 2015
kiza1379 said:
Welp. Shit goes Steins;Gate I guess. Phantom's identity is pretty much revealed if you know where to look tbh. And of course I mean in the anime. Tho it seems like things got pretty complicated in the VN or manga or LN whatnot, I don't really know since I didn't play/read them. But seriously, it's pretty much revealed. J.C. Staffs didn't even put effort on keep them hidden. Imo it's better to keep things hidden especially when there's time travel involved. People even already posted them here lul. It's all about matching the silhouette with answers J.C. Staffs provided.

P.S. : Things got pretty interesting when i think about how it might turn out tbh. Here goes my thoughts. Warning high potential spoilers even tho I didn't read/play the sources:

Phantom's identity hasn't been revealed. Phantom says herself that she's not ready to show her true self yet.
Mar 8, 2019 4:12 PM
Oct 2013
JonasDown said:
kiza1379 said:

Phantom's identity hasn't been revealed. Phantom says herself that she's not ready to show her true self yet.

I know, like I said if you know where to look in the anime, it's pretty much revealed already. You just have to match the silhouette with the sneaky answers provided. Even some people already spoil it :(
kiza1379Mar 8, 2019 4:17 PM
Mar 8, 2019 4:25 PM
Oct 2013
Stuffs to take note on: THAT future Shidou

ANOTHER 3 EPISODES IS NOT ENOUGH TO COVER EVERYTHING. FK
kiza1379Mar 8, 2019 4:31 PM
Mar 8, 2019 4:33 PM

Sep 2010
Mattinator95 said:
Congintive said:

If she needs Shido's power to use her 12th bullet, then why is she able to use it twice (or three times if you count the Kurumi from 5 years ago) for Shido and Origami? I'll assume she just needs more energy for the 30-year jump or something like that.

Aside, Phantom's form just reminds me of Daedalus from Sora no Otoshimono.
Mar 8, 2019 4:49 PM
Nov 2015
Takata said:
Mattinator95 said:

If she needs Shido's power to use her 12th bullet, then why is she able to use it twice (or three times if you count the Kurumi from 5 years ago) for Shido and Origami? I'll assume she just needs more energy for the 30-year jump or something like that.

Aside, Phantom's form just reminds me of Daedalus from Sora no Otoshimono.

She's using the spirit power of Origami and Shidou in both cases.
Mar 8, 2019 5:05 PM
Jul 2015
uninstallthegame said:
got a little more sympathy for Origami through her backstory. those dead eyes of loli Origami..
well, no wonder, if you see your parents get fucking obliterated like that, anyone would snap

but damn, the plot gets THICK. that last scene got me a little surprised, ngl

Sadly, I accidentally spoiled myself.
If you really pay attention, I think you can guess already. I didn't see it before I spoiled it, but I hadn't seen Phantom enough at that point to pay attention.
Knowing Phantoms identity brings along an entirely new mystery though.
Mar 8, 2019 5:06 PM
Jul 2015
As soon as they introduced Kurumi again this series got miles better.
Mar 8, 2019 6:05 PM
Aug 2016
uninstallthegame said:

i won't tell you who she is but here's a hint

mat619Mar 8, 2019 6:09 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live Ⅲ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2019

199 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 23, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

0 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 2:22 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Ⅲ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2019

118 by -DxP- »»
Apr 6, 1:45 PM

» who

Remoerus - Oct 29, 2021

16 by Youre_boyIruma »»
Feb 28, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Ⅲ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

166 by WELLERM »»
Nov 30, 2023 8:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.