Forum Settings
Forums

'Lupin III' Franchise Gets Another New Movie

New
Mar 7, 2019 9:01 PM

Nov 2007
The official Twitter account for the Lupin III franchise has launched a new teaser website for a new movie. Titled Lupin the IIIrd: Mine Fujiko no Uso (Lupin the IIIrd: Lie of Fujiko Mine), the movie will premiere on Japanese theaters on May 31. Takeshi Koike (Director for Lupin the IIIrd: Jigen Daisuke no Bohyou) will be directing the movie and main three cast members will reprise their roles.

Staff
Director, Direction, Character Design: Takeshi Koike
Script: Yuuya Takahashi (Lupin the IIIrd: Jigen Daisuke no Bohyou)
Music: James Shimoji
Creative Advisor: Katsuhito Ishii (Lupin the IIIrd: Chikemuri no Ishikawa Goemon art director)
Studio: TMS Entertainment, Telecom Animation Film
Distribution: T-JOY , TMS Entertainment

Lupin III franchise is based on the manga of the same title by Monkey Punch. Tokyo Movie Shinsha adapted the manga into three TV series, which the last ended on 1985. The series returned in 2012 with 13-episode Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna series by TMS Entertainment introducing brand new cast group. Telecom Animation Film joined the production in 2015 with 25-episode fourth season that aired in Italy prior to Japan. Telecom Animation Film produced 24-episode fifth season without TMS Entertainment this spring, which took place in France. There are also various specials, movies and collaborations produced. Italian Game special aired on Friday and Goodbye Partner new special was aired on January 25 via Friday Roadshow! timeslot. A new movie was also previously announced for "Winter".

Teaser

Official site: http://fujiko-mine.com/

Source: Comic Natalie

Lupin the IIIrd: Mine Fujiko no Uso on MAL
tsubasaloverMar 25, 2019 6:57 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 7, 2019 11:14 PM

Jan 2009
the Lupin anime of Takeshi Koike are all cool so gonna watch this one too
Mar 7, 2019 11:32 PM

Aug 2017
More Fujiko Mine to watch? I'm in. Please Mine-Senpai, seduce me :D
Mar 8, 2019 12:18 AM
Jul 2018
Cool news and more Koike's Lupin film is awesome. I enjoy his take on hard-boiled Lupin that reminds me earlier Masaaki Osumi's darker direction of Lupin episodes.

Unlike last two films, I guess this won't be much action oriented so I am curious how he will handle this. Whatever, I have a good feeling as recent Lupin contents have been great.
Mar 8, 2019 1:09 AM
Mar 8, 2019 1:40 AM
May 2015
I was hoping this would be a Zenigata film. But I enjoy Koike's Lupin so that's a minor matter for me.
Mar 8, 2019 2:12 AM

Jan 2012
Yesss, more Koike goodness. I was expecting something about Zenigata, but Fujiko is great too. Can't wait.
Mar 8, 2019 6:24 AM
May 2016
so is this part of the main universe or the woman called Fujiko mine universe
Mar 8, 2019 9:55 AM
May 2015
NG_Chloe said:
so is this part of the main universe or the woman called Fujiko mine universe

The Woman Called Fujiko Mine universe.
Mar 8, 2019 12:20 PM

Nov 2017
Is it the movie that was announced in january ? If not, is there new info on it (release date, plot, ...) ?
Mar 8, 2019 6:07 PM
Jul 2015
suck how underrated koike is
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2019 6:56 PM

Nov 2007
Gagui79 said:
Is it the movie that was announced in january ? If not, is there new info on it (release date, plot, ...) ?
It is not clear if this is the same one that announced in January. "Winter 2019" hasn't come yet (in movie sense, winter could meant December of this year).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 9, 2019 1:46 PM

Nov 2017
tsubasalover said:
Gagui79 said:
It is not clear if this is the same one that announced in January. "Winter 2019" hasn't come yet (in movie sense, winter could meant December of this year).

Thanks :) I'll hope that they are not the same, so we can have two Lupin movies this year!

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 8 hours ago

13 by RobertBobert »»
30 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

94 by Noy_Rican »»
1 hour ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
11 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.