Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 7, 2019 6:27 PM

Aug 2017
I don't understand why oikura is so hated.I mean just look at her number of favorites, it's so low.Why? I found her such a likeable character and relatable.I went through the same shit she went through.I understand not everybody experienced her same situation but why she isn't loved as much as the other characters? Is it because she did appear at the end and not for so many episodes?Is it because she doesn't have so many fan-service scene?
MucosaMar 7, 2019 7:33 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2019 2:18 PM

Mar 2017
Hated? I don't think she's hated. Only less people has her in their favourites that's all. And that's because there are already an overwhelming number of unique and interesting characters (Hitagi, Shinobu, Koyomi, Mayoi, Tsubasa, Suruga, Nadeko, Yotsugi, Karen, Tsukihi, Ougi). So she has to live in their shadows lol.

Personally I really liked Oikura back when I watched Owarimonogatari.
Mar 9, 2019 8:14 AM

Aug 2015
She's one of my favourite characters as well and I really enjoyed her arc(s) but the answer to your question is quite simple: She was introduced very late into the story and only had like 5 episodes revolved around her.
Everyone has already picked their "best girl", so it's difficult for a new girl to gain the same popilarity as them.

Plus, her personality is somewhat complex compared to the other characters, her "sweet site" can't be pointed out clearly, that's why people might think negatively about her, that she's your typical thot who likes to blame Araragi for her own misfortune even though it's not true.

She kinda reminds me of Kyouko from "3-gatsu no Lion", characters like her need more appreciation, seriously. All they want is to be loved, they just can't express their feelings very well because of some unfortunate incidents in their pasts. So I can't really blame them for their cold behaviour since they have a fragile core which you can see when they open up towards others.
Mar 11, 2019 5:25 PM

Sep 2018
I really liked oikura sodachi's character. In fact both sodachi lost and sodachi riddle are among my top 5 arcs for the whole series. Maybe ppl like her less coz of, as you said, her late appearance in the story.
Plus I really liked the writing for her ...in a matter of a few eps she was given as deep a story as any other girls even though she wasn't even a part of the series before that.

iTitania_ said:

She kinda reminds me of Kyouko from "3-gatsu no Lion", characters like her need more appreciation, seriously. All they want is to be loved, they just can't express their feelings very well because of some unfortunate incidents in their pasts. So I can't really blame them for their cold behaviour since they have a fragile core which you can see when they open up towards others.

Thats an interesting comparison. I'm inclined to agree with you on that. I also liked kyouko's character and the way she looks at life and and her relationships is simply a fallout of her past.
I also think both of these characters share some aspects of their personality with Asuka from NGE....just pushing away other ppl to avoid getting hurt becoz of past experiences.
majiyabakuneMar 11, 2019 5:28 PM
Mar 11, 2019 5:26 PM

Sep 2018
For me it's because all she had was one arc and that's it. I didn't really hate her, but I didn't like her either. In zoku owarimonogatari shes pretty cute though.
Mar 11, 2019 8:39 PM

Aug 2018
Some people don't like math and cute girls

Apr 4, 2019 7:51 AM

Jan 2013
Because she just showed up out of nowhere in a later season after all the main characters had already been established. I barely even remember her arc in Owari but she was also kind of a bitch from what I remember. Even her design is kinda ehh. I'm surprised she even has the 300 favorites honestly.

Although she's WAY cuter and more likable in this alt world I'll give her that.

Apr 13, 2019 3:31 PM

Sep 2014
^ this

She came into the series very late and unlike Ougi she had little to no impact and screentime. Also she is sort of a bitch.

I did love her arc though. I just guess peoples favourites lists are full by the time they encounter her.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 14, 2019 10:56 AM

Nov 2014
Sodachi Arc was amazing, however as many already pointed out, she came late into the series.

Not only that, IMO, the relatively short screentime she had when compared to the other characters doesn't help either. The other characters were better fleshed out and developed.

And finally, it is a really fierce competition. The other girls are pretty strong ^^

Apr 16, 2019 9:36 AM

Apr 2017
If no one's gonna say it then I will.

If you like her because you experienced a rather similar situation to her then that means you find her relatable. Being relatable does NOT positively mean she is a great character in general. Regardless of being late or less screen time, she just didn't have any significant impact on the whole series. Rather than a character, she only felt like a problem that Araragi had to deal with. I'm not saying she's a bad character, she's just average. She's also not a hated character, it's just that no one gives a shit.
"Goodbye, everyone. I'll remember you all in therapy." Matou Sakura, Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel
May 5, 2019 11:36 AM

Jan 2016
Mucosa said:
I don't understand why oikura is so hated.I mean just look at her number of favorites, it's so low.Why? I found her such a likeable character and relatable.I went through the same shit she went through.I understand not everybody experienced her same situation but why she isn't loved as much as the other characters? Is it because she did appear at the end and not for so many episodes?Is it because she doesn't have so many fan-service scene?

I wouldn’t say 414 favorites is hated. I have had beloved characters from other series that have had, like, 10 favorites.
▾ Check Out My Original Series ▾

▾ Check Out My Blog ▾
May 5, 2019 10:21 PM

Aug 2017
I wouldn’t say 414 favorites is hated. I have had beloved characters from other series that have had, like, 10 favorites.

Yeah,but most of the time it depends of the popularity of the anime:there are plenty of anime characters so hated but with a lot of favs.Monogatari is pretty famous so,I think, is a small number especially compared yo other characters (even oshino meme has a bigger number of favs than Oikura even though he disappear for most of the series)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2021 8:38 AM
Aug 2020
She is introduced very late into the story and is only really in one arc. I can see why the other girls overshadow her.
May 28, 2021 10:56 PM

Jan 2019
Nah a lot of people really like her

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zoku Owarimonogatari Episode 5 Discussion

Andrio - Mar 29, 2019

27 by RioFS »»
Apr 14, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Zoku Owarimonogatari Episode 4 Discussion

DtDani - Mar 27, 2019

26 by RioFS »»
Apr 14, 9:44 AM

Poll: » Zoku Owarimonogatari Episode 1 Discussion

Syureria - Nov 17, 2018

45 by RioFS »»
Apr 13, 12:45 AM

» Zoku Owarimonogatari Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

anime-prime - Oct 8, 2020

116 by Zimmu »»
Mar 1, 1:44 PM

» OFF SEASON AND MONSTER SEASON anime officially announced, Key Visual and PV

MegamiRem - Jan 16

13 by F_P »»
Jan 18, 1:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.