Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 1, 2019 4:53 AM

Aug 2015
14 episodes according to ANN. If they're really going to include everything they've shown in pvs so far, they'll have to adapt at least 5 volumes. Getting really worried for the pacing here.
Kami-KotoAug 1, 2019 4:58 AM
Aug 1, 2019 11:49 PM

May 2018
Just found out the source at the ranking, glad to see an anime adaptation. I wish for a good anime this time.

Aug 14, 2019 3:02 PM

Jul 2010
What's this? An actually decent isekai anime that DOESN'T involve bland guys surrounded by bland girls who want to bone him?! Sign me up! I might read the manga when I have time.
Aug 14, 2019 4:00 PM

Aug 2018
Firechick12012 said:
What's this? An actually decent isekai anime that DOESN'T involve bland guys surrounded by bland girls who want to bone him?! Sign me up! I might read the manga when I have time.

It's a light novel.
I never lie on the internet. What's the point of it...
the chinese noodles ad is an anime and avatar isn't!
triggered

Check out my taste and my profile.
Aug 15, 2019 9:34 AM

Aug 2015
The manga adaption is pretty good though imo.
Aug 19, 2019 6:15 PM

Oct 2018
Put me down for hope. As an English major, bibliophile, and librarian, this anime is of major interest to me. I'll probably watch it, good or bad.
I always lose at disc golf. I keep throwing the game.
Aug 28, 2019 9:44 AM

Feb 2018
14 episodes? Please tell me they do not plan on finishing book one in 14 episodes and will rather divide it with part 2 coming next year...
Aahhh, suddenly all my hype is gone.
Aug 28, 2019 12:01 PM

Apr 2013
Primo_Itoko said:
14 episodes? Please tell me they do not plan on finishing book one in 14 episodes and will rather divide it with part 2 coming next year...
Aahhh, suddenly all my hype is gone.

Judging by the trailer there is a good chance that they're planning on 2 ep/volume for a 7 volume in 14 episode adaptation.
That would be very unfortunate if they do that, but that's the most probably right now ;/
I mean why would they announce Myne AND Ferdinand's CA as their first announcement otherwise if they didn't plan to go for arc 2 all the way during this cour?

EDIT : apparently that scene is an In Media Res. We're probably indeed getting 14 episodes for 3 volumes so that's a relief.

Kami-Koto said:
The manga adaption is pretty good though imo.

It is, one of the few manga adaptation of a LN that I still managed to really enjoy reading after I've read its source material; the mangaka did a really good job in adapting it.
ZefyrisSep 24, 2019 12:18 PM
Aug 28, 2019 10:38 PM
Oct 2016
Kami-Koto said:
14 episodes according to ANN. If they're really going to include everything they've shown in pvs so far, they'll have to adapt at least 5 volumes. Getting really worried for the pacing here.

nah since its slow paced story my guess it will adapt just first arc which have 3 vol. and 2nd arc have 4 or five so if they will adapt 2 arcs then 8 or 7 vol. in just 14 eps will be rushed AF
Sep 1, 2019 1:57 PM
Sep 2017
Zefyris said:

Judging by the trailer there is a good chance that they're planning on 2 ep/volume for a 7 volume in 14 episode adaptation.
That would be very unfortunate if they do that, but that's the most probably right now ;/
I mean why would they announce Myne AND Ferdinand's CA as their first announcement otherwise if they didn't plan to go for arc 2 all the way during this cour?

The very same source that tells us the anime will be 14 episodes (http://booklove-anime.jp/bddvd/) also tells us the the BD box-set (containing all 14 episodes) will be titled "兵士の娘 新しい生活~決着".
兵士の娘 = Daughter of a Soldier = Name of Part 1
新しい生活 = A New Life = Title of first non-prologue chapter of Part 1
決着 = Settlement = Title of last non-epilogue/non-bonus chapter of Part 1
So there is a decent chance that the PV is actually just doing its own thing to build up hype for LN readers and isn't representative of the content in the anime.

As to why they'd announce Ferdinand as one their first VAs if they won't adapt all of Part 2? Just like the PV it could just be to build up hype for JP fans because they love him. So even if they just adapt Part 1, meaning Ferdinand only appears slightly at the end, it may still be worth announcing him right away to build hype.

Sep 2, 2019 6:49 AM

Aug 2018
Hurwitz said:

The very same source that tells us the anime will be 14 episodes (http://booklove-anime.jp/bddvd/) also tells us the the BD box-set (containing all 14 episodes) will be titled "兵士の娘 新しい生活~決着".
So there is a decent chance that the PV is actually just doing its own thing to build up hype for LN readers and isn't representative of the content in the anime.

As to why they'd announce Ferdinand as one their first VAs if they won't adapt all of Part 2? Just like the PV it could just be to build up hype for JP fans because they love him. So even if they just adapt Part 1, meaning Ferdinand only appears slightly at the end, it may still be worth announcing him right away to build hype.

jkjk
I hope you are right.
triggered

Sep 3, 2019 9:29 AM

Apr 2013
Hurwitz said:
Zefyris said:

Well 決着 could be the end of literally all parts including just the end of the anime, considering what it means.
But it's more the position of the 兵士の娘 as if it was "兵士の娘 : name of the start/name of end" , then yeah it looks like all of those episodes are titles 兵士の娘 : something.
Which means that they either didn't respect novel parts at all, or that they're adapting only 3 volumes in 14 episodes.

Which in reverse, seems surprisingly little. Why needing more than the usual 12 for 3 volumes. So I don't know, I don't want to be too quick to hope for that.
Yes it could be the case. Even better, maybe the fact that they show us scenes from part 2 means that there is a SECOND COUR coming later adapting it. Who knows, and that would be fantastic.

Buuuut... Yeah, until further info, I'll stay indecisive. Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.
Sep 3, 2019 9:53 AM
Sep 2017
Zefyris said:
Which in reverse, seems surprisingly little. Why needing more than the usual 12 for 3 volumes.

It's not like 13 episodes for 3 volumes instead of 12 is that weird, but I agree 14 episodes is a really weird number (no matter how much is adapted).

Personally I'm happy at the prospect of 14 episodes for 3 volumes because I find the 12 episodes for 3 volume pacing to be too fast and while I get that this is really slow in Part 1 so some might want a bit faster pacing I'm not one of those people. However I'm still not convinced myself and am pretty concerned that they might decide to rush though this rapidly... but I just think it's more likely that they decide to go for a slower than normal pacing than completely and utterly ruining the anime with insane pacing.

In the end though it doesn't really bother me even if they did ruin the anime by doing that because I always have the LN to read and can pretend the anime doesn't exist.
Sep 3, 2019 10:03 AM

Aug 2015
14 episodes for 3 volumes and then a 2nd season sounds good to me. Not getting my hopes up though.
Sep 9, 2019 6:20 AM
Sep 2017
Warning! This is a Spoiler proceed at your own Risk.

Sep 10, 2019 1:48 AM

Nov 2008
im honestly really curious how much it will cover - and how it will cover what it does (you know smashing tons together to get as far as possible with no S2 chance) Or a chance of a season 2 depending on various things from sales to ratings etc. Because I mean this story has a pretty decent amount to cover lol

ThreadFazer said:
Warning! This is a Spoiler proceed at your own Risk.

most seem to be more than fine with 'that'. its ratings are quite high. So yeah i hope they dont do what you want would change the story entirely.
sirwenceSep 10, 2019 2:42 AM
Sep 12, 2019 5:01 AM

Apr 2015
Tentatively interested
Sep 17, 2019 2:59 AM

Dec 2015
Setting sounds like it could be an Isekai for adults. Reincarnation but not your usual male hero fighting monsters. I'm a bit careful though. Young girl as main char and it being tagged as SoL ... does not sound too promising.

If she gets older fast and the 14 episodes manage to fully cover the whole plot ... I might pick it up. (If the scores on MAL are good when it finishes.)
Sep 17, 2019 8:46 AM

Apr 2013
Luthandorius said:
Setting sounds like it could be an Isekai for adults. Reincarnation but not your usual male hero fighting monsters. I'm a bit careful though. Young girl as main char and it being tagged as SoL ... does not sound too promising.

If she gets older fast and the 14 episodes manage to fully cover the whole plot ... I might pick it up. (If the scores on MAL are good when it finishes.)

She's not going to get older fast. She's like 13 by volume 19 and the anime is definitely not covering more than 7 volumes.
EDIT :seems like it's going to cover 3 volumes so first arc only. She'll be just slightly over 7 yo by the end of the anime season then.
ZefyrisSep 24, 2019 12:19 PM
Sep 24, 2019 7:27 AM
Jan 2018
Zefyris said:
Luthandorius said:

She's not going to get older fast. She's like 13 by volume 19 and the anime is definitely not covering more than 7 volumes.
Zefyris said:
Luthandorius said:

Due to her condition she doesn't get op powers later on in the LN does she ?

does it stay incurable and has to use tools to keep it from killing her
Sep 24, 2019 12:15 PM

Apr 2013
Mattinator95 said:
Zefyris said:

Zefyris said:

Up to volume 19 included,

Sep 25, 2019 4:50 AM
Jan 2018
Zefyris said:
Mattinator95 said:

How old is she now in the series
Sep 25, 2019 8:43 AM

Apr 2013
Mattinator95 said:
Zefyris said:

How old is she now in the series

By volume 19? like I wrote somewhere above, she's around 13.
Oct 1, 2019 7:48 PM
Jan 2015
Afloo said:
This looks interesting TBH. The Animation is not the best but I have seen FAAAAAAR worse. Will probably check the WN out since I can't find the LN online.

The LNs have an official English release (digital only) by J-Novel Club, which you can find on the major ebook retailers' websites/apps (Amazon Kindle, Kobo, Apple iBooks, etc.). As of this point, they've translated/released the first three volumes (titled Volume 1 Parts 1-3). No release date for the fourth Volume (Volume 2 Part 1) yet, unfortunately.
Oct 2, 2019 6:46 AM
Sep 2017
AKABoy123 said:
Afloo said:
This looks interesting TBH. The Animation is not the best but I have seen FAAAAAAR worse. Will probably check the WN out since I can't find the LN online.

The LNs have an official English release (digital only) by J-Novel Club, which you can find on the major ebook retailers' websites/apps (Amazon Kindle, Kobo, Apple iBooks, etc.). As of this point, they've translated/released the first three volumes (titled Volume 1 Parts 1-3). No release date for the fourth Volume (Volume 2 Part 1) yet, unfortunately.

We actually do have the date for the fourth volume and they aren't just released digitally.
I'll put all the dates for the volumes below, and by "translation parts" I'm referring to J-Novel Club's practice of releasing early chunks of the story to people that subscribe to them.

Oct 2, 2019 10:55 AM
Apr 2018
I love this manga and i rerealy update in the story of this i hope the anime do good first 1 episode i disapoint but,turi at father not look good in animation manga is better than in drawing style
Oct 2, 2019 11:04 AM
Dec 2014
Anyone actually read the manga and hate the direction it turned around 13 ch's in?
Oct 2, 2019 4:13 PM

Aug 2018
I want to die.

Is this what Tokyo Ghoul fans felt when they ""adapted"" their manga?
triggered

Oct 3, 2019 4:11 AM

Aug 2015
Haven't seen it yet, but if it's a Tokyo Ghoul level adaption...oh boy. Good that my expectations are low.
Oct 3, 2019 5:08 AM
Oct 3, 2019 12:04 PM

Nov 2018
Outside of the mediocre budget, I think it's gonna be good.
Oct 3, 2019 1:52 PM
Aug 2018
Why do people rate shows after the first episode? This isn't some food where you can say whether it tastes or not after taking a single bite.

People voted the latest attack on titan half-season into the overall top 3 after the first two or three episodes.
And now people vote this one into mediocrity after watching the first episode.
Oct 3, 2019 8:26 PM

Aug 2018
tr25a3 said:
Why do people rate shows after the first episode? This isn't some food where you can say whether it tastes or not after taking a single bite.

People voted the latest attack on titan half-season into the overall top 3 after the first two or three episodes.
And now people vote this one into mediocrity after watching the first episode.

Yeah guys!

We are going to reach the end of book 1 by episode 5 arent y'all excited?

I bet the whole making books (it was on the PV and she says it by the end of ep 1) is gonna be some kind of 2 mins training montage.

After all who cares about inner monologues and world building when we can have the japanese favourite character appearing early on this season!
triggered

Oct 7, 2019 10:08 AM

May 2015
Im literally going to watch this solely because Iguchi Yuka voices the main character. She doesnt play many main roles so i cant wait to hear her voice for an entire season especially since Symphogear just finished.

Iguchi Yuka FTW !!!!!
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 13, 2019 7:24 AM
Oct 2018
DarknessReality said:
Im literally going to watch this solely because Iguchi Yuka voices the main character. She doesnt play many main roles so i cant wait to hear her voice for an entire season especially since Symphogear just finished.

Iguchi Yuka FTW !!!!!
Honestly, I think that yuka iguchi choosen because she is index VA from to aru series. Both maine & index are character that related to book stuff.
Oct 13, 2019 10:50 AM

Apr 2013
Inori_Hatsune said:
DarknessReality said:

Iguchi Yuka FTW !!!!!
Honestly, I think that yuka iguchi choosen because she is index VA from to aru series. Both maine & index are character that related to book stuff.

I don't think that's the case. Index doesn't even read AFAIK, so there are a ton of young female characters closer of Main. Victorique de Blois, Yomiko Readman, Amano Tooko to only list a few that are always seen with books.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Anime or manga

Hickykissy - Mar 26

6 by Phoenix35 »»
Mar 29, 3:25 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2019

74 by Paczek-12 »»
Feb 21, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2019

106 by Paczek-12 »»
Feb 20, 12:48 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

188 by Kvistis »»
Feb 14, 11:52 AM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2019

98 by kal_dev »»
Feb 2, 9:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.