Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 6, 2019 10:48 AM

Oct 2013
Something in my mind kept telling me that Melty might be in fact a princess. And she indeed happened to be one, and a heir to the throne as well.

Cute episode with many cute moments. It was not filled with action, but interactions between characters were enough to make it entertaining.

I think the creators wanted to show Spear Hero in more "friendly" way, presenting him this time as a funny and hotheaded person. Whatever, he still remains a cheeky cuck ready to do everything ordered by his party's sorceress.

Too bad we have got an ending scene with a cliffhanger.
Mar 6, 2019 10:56 AM

Mar 2018
Of course they meet a loli princess in the middle of a random forest who immediately wants to be friends because she has a fetish for birds, such an easy way to avoid having to come up with interesting dialogue between the Harem King and waifus, I guess that's enough to form a connection. Skipped through the middle episode seeing that it's all about being as cute and stupid as possible, like wtf was funny about blue loli hiding naked in birdloli feathers, it was way too plain even for an isekai.

I knew it it's all about Naofumi's edginess and Team Rocket being foolish, I just need to know what's up with the scheme against Incel Hero I can't stop watching
poop
Mar 6, 2019 11:05 AM

Dec 2018
-Stray said:
The best parts of the series ended after the first shield v spear duel and Raph being there for Naofumi, after that even up to date with the manga nothing happened that tops that, well, maybe there is one but I don't find it that appealing in comparison with Raph and Nao's scene.
At this point everything is going downhill, its not the worst but definitely better than the typical overpowered harem building (slime, SAO and other isekai generic shit out there with a goody 2 shoes MC) you guys may think this is Nao building a harem but its not if you compare it to its other kinds, this boi has not blushed in romance nor has indicated the will to partake in romance even once after Mein screwed him over.

But if most of the harem the boy is totally indifferent to his girls like here lol

It is not as if the timid of Yuuki Rito avoided having one of the most coveted harem of all, besides Why do you put slime as harem? shizu never considered it his romantic interest also died, Milim sees him as his BFF, Shuuna and shion are practically his employees and just had a few episodes and treated him as their boss and pet until they bathed together and they had no interest in harassing him as it happens in other shows, they seemed all friends
Mar 6, 2019 11:05 AM

Apr 2012
'Rapthalia... we didn't see anything..."
Damn, Naofumi I like how you think. Heh
Janethan23Mar 6, 2019 11:19 AM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 6, 2019 11:10 AM

May 2018

Well then, the most noble and reasonable member of the Melromarc family has made her debut, too bad Naofumi had to do that Tsundere thing on her.
Mar 6, 2019 11:11 AM

Dec 2014
well this was a good episode...nice to see he has someone on his side for once
Mar 6, 2019 11:11 AM
Apr 2016
Yes, it is finally apparent. If we are honest, the writing is actually bad. Not that it is bad as in story is bad, but the author did not care much to make the story logically believable. He just made an interesting story without caring for... the quality? The princess slipped away from royal guards. Met exactly one person she needed to. Naofumi started running right away the second guard (some ladyboy with a sweet voice, so threatening!) shouted his name. This is not a first tier art, and hopefully the author, after re-living his own story through the animated series, reflects upon that and grows up as a writer.
Re:formed
Mar 6, 2019 11:13 AM

Apr 2015
SSL443 said:

I joked in another thread that we're going to get to the end of the season and people will be saying "don't worry the good stuff will come in season 2".

It's looking less like a joke and more like reality with each episode that comes out.

Yup. I was already skeptical when most of the rebuttals included content the anime didn't cover yet but the disconnect between what fans promise you & what the show actually delivers has continued to be huge.

I'm just a bit bummed out because the show had a somewhat decent run these past episodes in my eyes but as soon as the main conflict is brought back in it's like the author is shooting themselves in the foot.

Aug 2012
I was worried they could not solve the re-arranging of events but they did a great job. Normally Melty would be introduced before Firo learned to talk and transform to human form but they managed to pull it off.

Jun 2009
The Spear Hero is such an unrealistic retard, no one would realistically act like that no matter how dumb you are.

I like the Shield Hero for the most part, until he pulls this BS where he over reacts or assumes the worst based on nothing. These are an examples of poor writing, other than that I am enjoying the show.
Mar 6, 2019 11:14 AM

Mar 2014
Good start to Volume 3. Pacing was on point. Hope they don't fuck it up like they did Volume 2.

Mar 6, 2019 11:15 AM

Aug 2012
KANLen09 said:
Finally the imouto Melty, the 2nd princess in line shows up, and doesn't reveal that the mercenaries which have been shielding Naofumi from Malty and Spear Hero's thunder from the past few episodes are from her.

Unfortunately, Naofumi's impression of Melty is crumbling, possibly due to the 2nd wave of Malty's backstabbing, and outright rejects her, but what's his motive?

And Filo vs, Spear Hero Round 2! And no surprise who won, even with the opponent's "extra shielding". HAHA, even funnier than the 1st.
she is the 2nd princess but first in line to the throne. His reason is simply he believes all from Malty's family are evil.

BlackLatias said:
To be fair, the action parts did kind of suck in the anime adaptation. Naofumis fight against Motoyasu in ep 4 had been the most exciting for me until now, the others were just really poorly done.

The next wave should normally really be exciting, but I am not sure if I can trust the anime to adapt it really, so I'm trying not so say it gets better.

I really liked this episode more than the two before, so that's at least something. Melty is such a nice character and her appearance was refreshing.

The part with the pope was also well done, I'm just not sure if there had been more information of the church itself in the LN. But if there was, it might be mentioned in the next ep, hopefully. I just hope they are going to adapt it better than most stuff beforehand (ep 1-4 were well done for me, but besides that...) and I hope my excitement for the next eps won't be crushed from the anime.
There is more info but later.
BarnaldMar 7, 2019 3:59 AM
Mar 6, 2019 11:20 AM

Dec 2017
Daniel_Naumov said:
Yes, it is finally apparent. If we are honest, the writing is actually bad. Not that it is bad as in story is bad, but the author did not care much to make the story logically believable. He just made an interesting story without caring for... the quality? The princess slipped away from royal guards. Met exactly one person she needed to. Naofumi started running right away the second guard (some ladyboy with a sweet voice, so threatening!) shouted his name. This is not a first tier art, and hopefully the author, after re-living his own story through the animated series, reflects upon that and grows up as a writer.

The LN actually has an extra chapter that explains how Melty got away from her guards and all. Not sure if they include it (which they could've done already and to put it in afterwards would be weird in the anime, as it is not out of Nao's pov unlike the LN) so in the LN it wasn't as random as it was in the anime.

The adaption should have tried to change things from the LN in a way that would've made for a better flow of the story, since they don't have to keep it only out of Nao's view for us. But apparently they do most of the time, which is a bit sad, since they could do so much more with it.

I do think Naofumi wasn't really scared of the guard, just more annoyed and didn't want to deal with him, that's why he ran away. And the guards never really liked him, so it's not that unbelievable? I do still understand the criticism though.
Mar 6, 2019 11:20 AM
Nov 2018
Daniel_Naumov said:
It was clearly shown that Melty was under observation of Queen's spy the whole time. She didn't slip away. You should reflect upon that and grow up as a viewer.
Mar 6, 2019 11:22 AM

Aug 2012
Daniel_Naumov said:
If look closely one of the guards was still watching over her from a tree. Maybe the guards just wanted to let her have some time to herself.

Allifreyr said:
The Spear Hero is such an unrealistic retard, no one would realistically act like that no matter how dumb you are.

I like the Shield Hero for the most part, until he pulls this BS where he over reacts or assumes the worst based on nothing. These are an examples of poor writing, other than that I am enjoying the show.
Really? Met lots of guys like this. In highschool I was even like that. But I got over it.
BarnaldMar 7, 2019 3:59 AM
Mar 6, 2019 11:23 AM
Apr 2016
BlackLatias said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

The LN actually has an extra chapter that explains how Melty got away from her guards and all. Not sure if they include it (which they could've done already and to put it in afterwards would be weird in the anime, as it is not out of Nao's pov unlike the LN) so in the LN it wasn't as random as it was in the anime.

The adaption should have tried to change things from the LN in a way that would've made for a better flow of the story, since they don't have to keep it only out of Nao's view for us. But apparently they do most of the time, which is a bit sad, since they could do so much more with it.

I do think Naofumi wasn't really scared of the guard, just more annoyed and didn't want to deal with him, that's why he ran away. And the guards never really liked him, so it's not that unbelievable? I do still understand the criticism though.

Now that is what I was afraid for, that they would backtrack to some "absurd" moments in the future and explain them when most would have forgotten about them. This really is not a series which would benefit from doing so (unlike, for example, Boogiepop). Thanks for letting me know this is not a completely random experience the author pushed to not write a story, but rather "craft" it. It still falls into the lesser art due to mentioned, but I appreciate it not being completely random, thank you.
Mar 6, 2019 11:25 AM

Jul 2014
Fede_5000 said:
-Stray said:
The best parts of the series ended after the first shield v spear duel and Raph being there for Naofumi, after that even up to date with the manga nothing happened that tops that, well, maybe there is one but I don't find it that appealing in comparison with Raph and Nao's scene.
At this point everything is going downhill, its not the worst but definitely better than the typical overpowered harem building (slime, SAO and other isekai generic shit out there with a goody 2 shoes MC) you guys may think this is Nao building a harem but its not if you compare it to its other kinds, this boi has not blushed in romance nor has indicated the will to partake in romance even once after Mein screwed him over.

But if most of the harem the boy is totally indifferent to his girls like here lol

It is not as if the timid of Yuuki Rito avoided having one of the most coveted harem of all, besides Why do you put slime as harem? shizu never considered it his romantic interest also died, Milim sees him as his BFF, Shuuna and shion are practically his employees and just had a few episodes and treated him as their boss and pet until they bathed together and they had no interest in harassing him as it happens in other shows, they seemed all friends

I couldn't clearly understand what you're trying to say but I did understand the latter part, I'm not saying slime is a harem, but I did say it falls on the typical isekai OP MC, I did put brackets in to seperate the harem thing to it.

Jun 2017
Great Episode
Melty must feel horrible, but Naofumis trust-issues were caused by her family, so....understandable
Apr 2016
nightcrawlercyp said:
Daniel_Naumov said:
If look closely one of the guards was still watching over her from a tree. Maybe the guards just wanted to let her have some time to herself.

Maybe I did expect guards to be the guards like in the capital, some stupid men in armour just following her around. But yes, I did not even try to tie it into the spec ops that were observing Melty. Either way, that point of criticism I retract, but, as I have mentioned, the writing is not of the first rate quality.

Apr 2012

I really don't blame Naofumi for reacting that way to Melty. The guy has been put through hell because he trusted and was burned by his peers and the royal family.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 6, 2019 11:31 AM
Apr 2018
Conclusion of the episode : ''Don't fuck with a loli angel bird ,or u will get kicked in the balls ''
Mar 6, 2019 11:39 AM

Feb 2016
Would you look at that, another loli, wonderful...

Motoyasu had it coming lol.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Apr 2016
Janethan23 said:

I really don't blame Naofumi for reacting that way to Melty. The guy has been put through hell because he trusted and was burned by his peers and the royal family.

Naofumi really acts like a resident of that world, pretending (or, rather, made to by the author) that he does not have any knowledge outside it - how the stories, histories go. He does not even seem to consider the possibility that the girl that has been nice all around and helped him against the power abusing Main to ACTUALLY be a good girl. Because apparently everyone around is living in comfort because the whole according to the Naofumi's probably reasoning royal family is just a bunch of scums.
Nov 2018
Daniel_Naumov said:
Maybe I did expect guards to be the guards like in the capital, some stupid men in armour just following her around. But yes, I did not even try to tie it into the spec ops that were observing Melty. Either way, that point of criticism I retract, but, as I have mentioned, the writing is not of the first rate quality.
So, you missed a rather obvious detail and went ranting about bad writing. If you retract this, there is not much left. She didn't slip away, so she didn't "need" to meed Shield Hero, it was a coincidence. If she didn't, spy would intervene. Running from soldier made sense - SH didn't need anything from this bunch and so far they were consistently source of trouble for him. So, it was just a very questionable opinion, not a fact you pretend it is.

Dec 2017
nightcrawlercyp said:
BlackLatias said:
To be fair, the action parts did kind of suck in the anime adaptation. Naofumis fight against Motoyasu in ep 4 had been the most exciting for me until now, the others were just really poorly done.

The next wave should normally really be exciting, but I am not sure if I can trust the anime to adapt it really, so I'm trying not so say it gets better.

I really liked this episode more than the two before, so that's at least something. Melty is such a nice character and her appearance was refreshing.

The part with the pope was also well done, I'm just not sure if there had been more information of the church itself in the LN. But if there was, it might be mentioned in the next ep, hopefully. I just hope they are going to adapt it better than most stuff beforehand (ep 1-4 were well done for me, but besides that...) and I hope my excitement for the next eps won't be crushed from the anime.
There is more info but later.

Ah, so the info came later on? Good that they didn't leave anything out then, I was already worried for a sec.

Daniel_Naumov said:
BlackLatias said:

Now that is what I was afraid for, that they would backtrack to some "absurd" moments in the future and explain them when most would have forgotten about them. This really is not a series which would benefit from doing so (unlike, for example, Boogiepop). Thanks for letting me know this is not a completely random experience the author pushed to not write a story, but rather "craft" it. It still falls into the lesser art due to mentioned, but I appreciate it not being completely random, thank you.

You're welcome! And in the LN it did make sense for the chapter to appear as an extra, because it tied into a few different things and was out of Melty's pov. The anime could've taken parts of it already and implement it. That would've maybe helped to not make Melty look like a random encountered girl in high grass.
It might be better for the anime to just not include this later on, I think, but we'll see what they do then.
Mar 6, 2019 11:42 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
So when does the first princess get kicked in the ovaries? I don't care who does it, but someone please cause her some pain, grief and anguish.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 6, 2019 11:47 AM
Jan 2016
Melty was introduced this episode, she is cute and adorable, and i am glad that she and Filo gets along well, and she seemed to be a good leader! I didn't expect her to be Myne's litle sister and also being in first to the throne!

Naofumi reaction to her was understandable, before what royal family as made to him, obvious its hard to trust everyone from royal family, of course i am curious to learn what Melty wanted to tell Naofumi! And Melty seems to be a trustworthy person!

Church scene was better than i thought, pope seemed to be a nice character!

Filo shined this episode with her kick in Motoyasu!
Mar 6, 2019 11:49 AM

Mar 2018
FreezePeach said:
Daniel_Naumov said:
It was clearly shown that Melty was under observation of Queen's spy the whole time. She didn't slip away. You should reflect upon that and grow up as a viewer.
How does that change anything? Was she aware of the spy observing her? @BlackLatias said she did get seperated from her guards, so it's still a stupid random encounter between naofumi and loli princess if I understand correctly
poop
Mar 6, 2019 11:54 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Even when injured she's still willing to complete the quest. Thats some impressive sense of responsibility. Filo's always thinking with her stomach first lol. If anything Melty is both cheerful and open minded. Their time at the river sure was fun to see. Naofumi and Raphtalia actually looked like parents watching over their children. That was quite the scare from Melty though. Its nice that the priest seemed to be a decent guy unlike his fellows. Melty sure made quite the entrance. To think that she's the younger sister of Malty and also the second princess as well. An interesting ep that did well in introducing Melty and the role that she has within the kingdom. Looks like she will have a much larger role in the upcoming episodes. From the looks of it seems Melty and her mother the queen are the moderates within the kingdom.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2019 11:58 AM

Dec 2017
Esquirtit said:
FreezePeach said:
How does that change anything? Was she aware of the spy observing her? @BlackLatias said she did get seperated from her guards, so it's still a stupid random encounter between naofumi and loli princess if I understand correctly

Well, it really is one in the anime, yes. There is nothing to defend this scene in the anime and the LN doesn't really count in that regard.
If they do plan on adapting the extra chapter from the LN, I just hope they don't do it to late or just at a point were no one might care for a good reason anymore...
Mar 6, 2019 12:00 PM

Feb 2015
Funny as Shield Hero keeps getting better as Slime declines. Very much enjoying this atm
Mar 6, 2019 12:08 PM
Nov 2018
Esquirtit said:
FreezePeach said:
Well, if you don't get it, I will explain one more time. Daniel_Naumov complained that "The princess slipped away from royal guards. Met exactly one person she needed to." She didn't slip away, she was under observation. She also didn't "need" to meet the SH. So, 2 of 3 complaints disappear immediately. The third was obviously ridiculous to begin with.

Melty being aware of observation or not changes nothing at all.

Yes, it was a random encounter. These things happen all the time. He could meet her in the capital, it would be boring and would significantly limit possibilities for story development.
Mar 6, 2019 12:14 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode! Melty is such a cutie haha The spear hero is such a creep omg... Glad that Filo teach him manners again haha

So...the biggest b** appeared again in this episode...glad that Melty managed to take care of her.
Didn't expect Melty to be the king's daughter, it was obvious that she was from a rich family but damn!
That moment when you are the older sister but you are so dumb and have the shittiest attitude so that your parents have to entrust the kingdom to your 12 y.o sister xD

I feel bad for Melty but again...i completely understand how Naofumi feels, so it's really easy to forget him, i wonder what Melty wanted to tell him... i think it's something related to her mother.
AivanKMar 6, 2019 12:26 PM
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 6, 2019 12:15 PM

Aug 2012
Esquirtit said:
FreezePeach said:
Maybe the queen wanted for Melty to judge for herself if the Shield Hero is a hero or a villain. Have you considered this?
Mar 6, 2019 12:21 PM

Jun 2009
nightcrawlercyp said:
Allifreyr said:

Really? Met lots of guys like this. In highschool I was even like that. But I got over it.

I'm not talking about him being an asshole or how he assumes stuff. Given his circumstances, nobody would consistently act that way. He has amazing powers and he just rushes the Shield Hero and openly attacks him without waiting for an answer, throwing his weapon around, destroying everything around him and putting people at risk all while not listening to anything.

Then he is surprised that he isn't acting like a hero, when it comes to bullies it usually boils down to dealing with problems by feeling superior or whatnot. The spear hero isn't doing any of this for that reason, he wants to play the hero but fails in doing so because he thinks if he can save "the damsel in distress" then he is the hero, while blindly assuming everything, being constantly wrong and never learning from his mistakes in the slightest.

This bothers me because in Ep. 1, the other 3 heroes all seem smart and collected. The spear hero on the other hand takes a 180° turn in episode 2-now and acts like a kids cartoon-dumb-failure-arrogant-asshole who can't even stop for 1 second to think.

Just all around poorly written (shallow)character that barely counts as a character, if anything he is a poorly written plot device who's main purpose is to cause trouble.
Mar 6, 2019 12:37 PM

Mar 2018
@freezepeach I mean arent the royal guards and queens's spies two different forces? Just because she was getting observed by the spies doesnt mean she didnt slip away from the royal guards, that's not hard to understand is it? And she did ''need'' to meet the shield hero, she needs his help right? That's what the show was trying to do, first encounter they are unaware of both their titles, and the second time they meet they understand who they are.

@nightcrawlercyp I have, and it's still stupid because we barely know anything about the queen and her spies, first they showed up at the race to shut the princess up and this time they're observing her daughter. Yeah we get it they have some influence how about actually do some world building and get the story going to understand why all these plot points are relevant instead of waifubaiting
poop
Mar 6, 2019 12:51 PM

Nov 2011
nerojeko said:
The first half serves absolutely no purpose. Second half, same thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER again...I lost count how many duels & other crap we've already got between Motoyasu, like seriously...
Introducing a character and developing a friendship with a member of the MCs party serves no purpose now?

As for the other part of your post, I can't tell if you are trolling or not, because they have only had two duels and a race. And up until to today's episode, they hadn't gone head to head since episode 5. Which contradicts what you're complaining about, by making it seem like its constantly happening with each episode.
Mar 6, 2019 12:56 PM

Feb 2011
After the first couple of episodes this show has become hilariously bad. There is nothing interesting going on right now. NOTHING. It bores me out of my mind. The generic writing and the cliches are also not helping.
Mar 6, 2019 12:56 PM
Apr 2016
Demyx_IX said:
nerojeko said:
The first half serves absolutely no purpose. Second half, same thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER again...I lost count how many duels & other crap we've already got between Motoyasu, like seriously...
Introducing a character and developing a friendship with a member of the MCs party serves no purpose now?

As for the other part of your post, I can't tell if you are trolling or not, because they have only had two duels and a race. And up until to today's episode, they hadn't gone head to head since episode 5. Which contradicts what you're complaining about, by making it seem like its constantly happening with each episode.

Hahaha yes of course, OF COURSE it was important! A loli hiding naked in bird's feathers, totally important! All that happened was the creator didn't manage to come up with anything better, and put this mindless crap for sole reason: please the fans. I hate you, each time whether I write an essay or just a few words you HAVE to respond and start drama, stop baiting, yes UNIRONICALLY I'm the baiter? right? HAHHAHA
Mar 6, 2019 1:19 PM

Nov 2011
nerojeko said:
Demyx_IX said:

Hahaha yes of course, OF COURSE it was important! A loli hiding naked in bird's feathers, totally important! All that happened was the creator didn't manage to come up with anything better, and put this mindless crap for sole reason: please the fans. I hate you, each time whether I write an essay or just a few words you HAVE to respond and start drama, stop baiting, yes UNIRONICALLY I'm the baiter? right? HAHHAHA
I didn't say anything about that, and actually found it to be rather dumb. I don't even remember her being naked in the LN, if she was, I must have skimmed over that detail.

I'm trying to have a civilized conversation with you, have a nice day.
Mar 6, 2019 1:20 PM

May 2016
Now he is acting like a fool again guess he needs more time, Melty tried to help him and he blindly refused it.

so many cute moments of Filo chan '='///
Mar 6, 2019 1:23 PM
Apr 2016
Demyx_IX said:
nerojeko said:

I didn't say anything about that, and actually found it to be rather dumb. I don't even remember her being naked in the LN, if she was, I must have skimmed over that detail.

I'm trying to have a civilized conversation with you, have a nice day.

"I didn't say anything about that," excuse me, that happened in the FIRST HALF, which was the core of our debate. Just admit it already, you know it's falling apart, you know it's not as good as you once thought it is.
Mar 6, 2019 1:29 PM
Nov 2015
After the first couple of episodes it's incredible how this show has become plain bad and stupid.

When you feel like it can't get any worse, surprise MF, it recycles itself and brings us yet another shitty episode. Damn.

Not saying I'm gonna drop it, it's not the kind of stupidity that makes me get angry at the show, but I have to admit, this rating is offensive. Really.
Mar 6, 2019 1:30 PM

Aug 2013
It really made no sense for him completely shut down the conversation after "learning" Melty's identity. He should already be 95% convinced when she stopped Myne at the fight, she literally called her sister. Just simply Melty confirming she is indeed a princess shouldn't be that big of a deal for him, he should have been prepared for that when he decided to find a place to talk. I understand why he hates the royalty, but his action is so illogical.

Also, he just ran away from a single random soldier for no reason lol Just so he could run into Myne and allow Melty to save him.

I was really enjoying this anime, but the writing is surely getting worse episode by episode. Other than that, there were some funny moments, but that's about it.
UImoetardMar 6, 2019 1:37 PM
Mar 6, 2019 1:34 PM
Sep 2016
Filo has slowly become a character I actually like and Malty has a pretty interesting impression so far. I hope we get to the next wave soon, but for now I'm digging it.
It really do be like that though.

Mar 6, 2019 1:35 PM

Apr 2018
And know we have Melty, love how well she's getting along with Filo!

Motoyasu, trust me, you better get used to it, not even the shield itself could protect you from Filo's wrath. And she's not fat, she's fluffy!
Mar 6, 2019 1:41 PM
Nov 2018
Esquirtit said:
@freezepeach I mean arent the royal guards and queens's spies two different forces? Just because she was getting observed by the spies doesnt mean she didnt slip away from the royal guards, that's not hard to understand is it? And she did ''need'' to meet the shield hero, she needs his help right? That's what the show was trying to do, first encounter they are unaware of both their titles, and the second time they meet they understand who they are.

Different or not, it makes no difference, both forces serve the Queen. Spy could warn the guards stand down when Melty met SH party. For all we know she was "lost" for 10 minutes, that's not hard to understand is it? "she needs his help right?" - wrong, she was under spy's observation, guards could reunite with her any time. Spy decided to not intervene because there was no reason.

"we barely know anything about the queen and her spies ... first they showed up at the race to shut the princess up" - you are just as observant as Daniel_Naumov, first time they showed up in episode 1 during accusation scene. Then there was a scene where they discussed their observations in the capital with the Queen and then they showed up at the race. They are also in OP, bunch of them in the screen with Queen and Melty. You barely know anything because you watching it with your lower back general area.

Also, how did you get into your head the ridiculous idea that they must explain every little detail the moment it happened? You heard the word "foreshadowing", right? You noticed that lots of stuff that happens is explained later? Because these things are obvious, if you don't get these trivial story telling methods you have no business to criticize anything due to obvious lack of mental capacity to do so. Go watch Simpsons instead, they tell the story exactly as you want it.
Mar 6, 2019 2:34 PM

Mar 2018
FreezePeach said:
Esquirtit said:

Different or not, it makes no difference, both forces serve the Queen. Spy could warn the guards stand down when Melty met SH party. For all we know she was "lost" for 10 minutes, that's not hard to understand is it? "she needs his help right?" - wrong, she was under spy's observation, guards could reunite with her any time. Spy decided to not intervene because there was no reason.

"we barely know anything about the queen and her spies ... first they showed up at the race to shut the princess up" - you are just as observant as Daniel_Naumov, first time they showed up in episode 1 during accusation scene. Then there was a scene where they discussed their observations in the capital with the Queen and then they showed up at the race. They are also in OP, bunch of them in the screen with Queen and Melty. You barely know anything because you watching it with your lower back general area.

Also, how did you get into your head the ridiculous idea that they must explain every little detail the moment it happened? You heard the word "foreshadowing", right? You noticed that lots of stuff that happens is explained later? Because these things are obvious, if you don't get these trivial story telling methods you have no business to criticize anything due to obvious lack of mental capacity to do so. Go watch Simpsons instead, they tell the story exactly as you want it.
fact is she got seperated from her guards and due to that encountered naofumi in some random forest, if you think that's good writing idc but imo it's shite.

why would I remember them being there in episode 1, they didnt do anything worth remembering back then (fukin 9 weeks ago), the talk with the queen happened in the same episode as the race and wasnt worth pointing out. and I dont watch openings, as if it tells anything we didnt already know. right now we barely know anything other than her observing what's going on, there's no foreshadowing about what her goal is, except that she's obviously going to have a connection with naofumi

and again you're just one of those close minded pricks who thinks everyone who doesnt like the way the story unfolds demands everything to be explained right away when that's obviously not the case. "go watch simpsons" go watch or read anything with a well written story ooga booga
poop
Mar 6, 2019 2:39 PM

Mar 2016
better then last few episodes but still not as good as start
Mar 6, 2019 2:39 PM

Aug 2013
inb4 there's a shitstorm argument over Naofumi's words in the last scene: "I can't trust anything you say, get lost."

>Hurr-Durr nAoFuMi iS a MySoGyNiSt PiG
>He hates women

I mean it's not like he doesn't trust anything in relation to the royal family or nobility or anything.
Don't believe the hype.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2019

298 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 17, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2019

236 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 17, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2019

418 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 16, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2019

440 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 16, 10:04 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2019

309 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 16, 9:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.