Forum Settings
Forums
Mar 6, 3:12 AM

I watch a lot of TV shows bc my life is too empty and it gives me a few hours to be happy

Mar 6, 3:19 AM

Because it's the only thing keeping me from suicide, also my mom being sad.

Mar 6, 3:29 AM

It's fun and fun things are fun. TV is too boring and manipulative.
"Even if there's a wide world and stories
beyond the main focus, I don't think
it's necessary to end with the protagonist having
been involved in everything." - Yagi Norihiro

Mar 6, 3:33 AM
Loli Master :)

Anime is on a level of development higher than any other current medium of entertainment, taking animation seriously and realizing much of its vast potential, conveying more sophisticated content in a more appealing manner.

Mar 6, 3:45 AM
To see how each fandom throw shit at one another and watch as it unfolds.

Mar 6, 3:58 AM

Currently ? Because it's the only thing that allows me to stop thinking. (it helps during the nights or when I can't force myself to school anymore).

Before? Because it's a mix of interesting stories and drawings, sometimes music and I was severely used to consume it.

Originately? Because it was 90% of the children TV programs when I was a child (3~11years old) while the 10% left were story-less cartoons/live series of uneventful episodes. And so, it became an extremely strong habit and a large part of my expectations.

Mar 6, 4:02 AM

Just another form of entertainment, tbh.

Mar 6, 4:20 AM

I watch it mainly for entertainment, but I assume everyone does that.
Another reason is that I love the many different art styles you see throughout multiple anime. The diversity in the stories, the characters, etc.

Mar 6, 4:34 AM

cuz I have nothing better to do and exhausted to watch hentai.

"というわけで。待望の、体 操 服! でっあ~る。祭りであれば、余も着飾ってはいられぬと用意したが……うむ! 心身ともに軽くなったようだ。どうだ? 似合っているであろう、マスター?" - Random Quote From Internet by Saber Nero

Mar 6, 4:50 AM

I watch it for the entertainment. I like the animations, characters and story (if it's good in my eyes). If I have nothing to do or feel lazy it's the best thing to do to watch 1-2 episodes of anything.

Mar 6, 5:00 AM
Because there is nothing else to watch. I watched pretty much every movie and tv show that's worth watching. Just a couple of days ago I tried to watch some tv shows on netflix. They were all shit.

Mar 6, 5:10 AM
Because it's something I can look forward to. There is not a lot of stuff that can make me happy and the girl I love is in a different state, so her aside anime is what I can look forward to.

Mar 6, 5:27 AM

there's nothing as entertaining imo. other than gaming

Mar 6, 5:43 AM
I love anime because it's weird but pure.
It makes me feel like a child running around in a park captivated by mother nature. I don't feel lonely when I watch anime.

Mar 6, 5:55 AM

Mostly because I don't like western television... It became stale. It's rare to find at least good show so imagine find one that is really good. I keep up with Marvel here and there and with DC (despite having a shit DCEU) and a few other Hollywood movies and barely any tv series.

Mar 6, 6:00 AM

Skana said:
Anime is on a level of development higher than any other current medium of entertainment, taking animation seriously and realizing much of its vast potential, conveying more sophisticated content in a more appealing manner.

Exactly this!

Anime is a sublime form of Art and it’s immense potential always keeps me asking for more and more. I’m fine with KDrama and Hollywood TV Series too but I feel as though the animated form, that is anime in essence, is more profound and, more often than not, impactful to me. A sort of escapism, perhaps. Moreover, I’m into the East Asian Cultures and Literature too and Japan, as a whole, imo is one of the most exemplary in this regard.

Other reasons include the obvious reasons of escapism from school life, the very mundane reality and just the neet/shut-in dominant side of mine overwhelming the other more active lingering bits.

Edit: I think I rambled on a bit too much than required so I just deleted that bit.
Modified by _MushiRock11_, Mar 6, 6:31 AM

Mar 6, 6:10 AM

To see all the different art styles, tropes, music etc that come with every new show that i watch, also well im addicted at the moment so there is that too

Mar 6, 6:13 AM

heyimfelix said:
I watch a lot of TV shows bc my life is too empty and it gives me a few hours to be happy

same reason

30 characters counted.
nothing is more beautiful than sleeping anime boys

Mar 6, 6:15 AM

- Why are you watching anime? - the little prince asked.
- In order to forget
- To forget what?
- To forget that I am ashamed
- Ashamed of what?
- Ashamed of watching anime!

Mar 6, 6:16 AM

To pass the time when I feel like it and I have some time to waste.

Mar 6, 6:17 AM

Skana said:

Damn, you take things to the next level of sophistication *•*

Mar 6, 6:23 AM

It's because I mainly enjoy their content and animation in general, but to also kill some time or when I'm feeling like a bum all day

Mar 6, 6:48 AM

Obviously because the meaning of life is to watch as much anime as possible. With 10k entries you get to go to 2D heaven and play with 72 angelic loli virgins for all eternity.

StephenCovey said:
Most of us don't listen with the intent to understand, they listen with the intent to reply.

Mar 6, 7:01 AM
Most of the time for entertainment. At times it gives me some kind of motivation because I get new ideas on how to perceive this world.
A different outlook is sometimes needed to keep myself going, because life can be hard.

Mar 6, 9:38 PM
It should be obvious, because i have a sad existence.

Mar 6, 9:45 PM

Pullman said:
Obviously because the meaning of life is to watch as much anime as possible. With 10k entries you get to go to 2D heaven and play with 72 angelic loli virgins for all eternity.

Man... 99% of the time I see you post I’m like “this dude knows what’s up”... but then there’s these times you bring up lolis and I’m like noooo my brooo.

Sexualizing little kids is wrong :(
You haven’t seen anime until you’ve seen anime baked. Throw on some Naruto and puff puff pass my ninja.

“...Every single one of us goes through life depending on and bound by our individual knowledge and awareness. And we call it reality. However, both knowledge and awareness are equivocal. One's reality might be another's illusion. We all live inside our own fantasies, don't you think?”
-Masashi Kishimoto, Naruto, Vol. 42: The Secret of the Mangekyo (Naruto, #42)

Mar 6, 9:47 PM

Because alot of the tv shows and cartoons I used to watch aren't on anymore and there hasn't been many new shows or movies that interest me.

Mar 6, 9:47 PM

I watch anime because naruto is my lord and savior and it’s how a worship him.

That’s was like... half joke half serious. But really who doesn’t watch anime for fun/to kill time?
You haven’t seen anime until you’ve seen anime baked. Throw on some Naruto and puff puff pass my ninja.

“...Every single one of us goes through life depending on and bound by our individual knowledge and awareness. And we call it reality. However, both knowledge and awareness are equivocal. One's reality might be another's illusion. We all live inside our own fantasies, don't you think?”
-Masashi Kishimoto, Naruto, Vol. 42: The Secret of the Mangekyo (Naruto, #42)

Mar 6, 10:17 PM

There are times where I think I'm addicted. Like now, it's after 7AM and I'm still reading manga.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Mar 6, 10:21 PM
Like people need Oxygen to live, I need ANIME!!!

Mar 6, 10:23 PM

Because I have nothing else to do I guess

Mar 6, 10:27 PM
I don't, I just decided one day to add anime to my anime list and pretend like I knew what I was doing by finding random quotes and reviews and plagiarizing them in my posts. I've never seen a single episode of an anime at all

Mar 6, 11:19 PM

Rei366 said:
Currently ? Because it's the only thing that allows me to stop thinking. (it helps during the nights or when I can't force myself to school anymore).

Before? Because it's a mix of interesting stories and drawings, sometimes music and I was severely used to consume it.

Originately? Because it was 90% of the children TV programs when I was a child (3~11years old) while the 10% left were story-less cartoons/live series of uneventful episodes. And so, it became an extremely strong habit and a large part of my expectations.

lol exactly the same.
Some enjoy TV to release stress, I don't like TV and anime just do it

Mar 7, 1:04 AM

Mostly it's because I don't like watching propaganda. I also don't like paying money for propaganda.

Mar 7, 1:10 AM
Because I'm addicted to it. That's all.

Mar 7, 1:24 AM
I watch anime because help me sleep at night and keeps my brain working.

Mar 7, 1:44 AM
i watch anime coz its just 20 mins per episode, so its a short relaxation, I just dont have time to be watching shows which are 45-60 mins per episode.
Its the whole reason I started watching anime in the first place.

Mar 7, 4:27 AM

Because I'm a masochist and I like torturing myself.

Mar 7, 4:45 AM

Well... I don't anymore. I started watching because a lot of people did, and then I liked the stories, so I kept going.
I mostly read manga, as to why, well, there's something about storytelling that I love. Something special in every crafted world and character. The way they can grab you and make you forget or remember your life.
The way they can make you cry and laught and smile. I love storytelling in general.

Mar 7, 4:48 AM

Magnhild said:
Because I'm a masochist and I like torturing myself.

Dark message from someone with Star Butterfly as avatar O^O

Mar 7, 4:57 AM

Because it puts me in a better mood than when I started, it's also great for clearing the mind just before sleeping.

I also like that they have no SJWs and they aren't PC.

Contrast that with the BBC who have to make every fourth actor black no matter what the situation (they even have a black teletubby now!), even if it's before the 60s when the blacks arrived. They also cannot have shows without women and now there are more women covering football than men and also showing more womens football than mens. Anime outnumbers westerns shows about 4-1 for me.

Mar 7, 5:01 AM

Top 10 questions science still can't answer.

Mar 7, 5:07 AM

my name is science and i still can't answer it.

Mar 7, 5:12 AM

I have nothing to do in my life and TV right now is eh.

Mar 7, 6:53 AM

if you wanna know about my current reason...its because it stops me from thinking and getting depressed :D
but in general i love anything related to animation and art so anime it is :D :D

Mar 7, 8:55 AM

Setsuei said:
Because alot of the tv shows and cartoons I used to watch aren't on anymore and there hasn't been many new shows or movies that interest me.

They do not broadcast them because they are considered non-PC nowadays. Not because of sexism, racism etc but because they are too violent, sad and emotional for todays kids. Even Disney and WB cartoons are shadows of their former selves.

Mar 7, 9:01 AM

petran79 said:

Setsuei said:

They do not broadcast them because they are considered non-PC nowadays. Not because of sexism, racism etc but because they are too violent, sad and emotional for todays kids. Even Disney and WB cartoons are shadows of their former selves.

For sure, man. Ren & Stimpy was brutal to watch as a kid. Even Dexter's Lab had some darker moments.
Like I told my last wife, I said "Honey, I never drive faster than I can see. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes." - Jack Burton

Mar 7, 9:03 AM

I don't really know. Once you're hooked into this kind of shit you're in it for the rest of your life.

Mar 7, 9:09 AM
It’s something that gives me a little bit to go to an alternate place I can never technically “go to.”

I love the anime always takes place in a totally alternate universe/reality than my own. It’s amazing to follow the stories of people who I feel close to and connect with in ways I’m unable to in my real life.

Mar 7, 9:12 AM

CallMeHoot said:
petran79 said:

For sure, man. Ren & Stimpy was brutal to watch as a kid. Even Dexter's Lab had some darker moments.

Right. Hell the last Cartoon Network show I cared about was Adventure Time and now that's gone.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »